Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Am I ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 1:45pm
Mixey, I sent the following note to Mike Garson.

~~~
Hi Mike,

We have all suffered an incredible loss, and none of us more so, than our Dearest Friend, Mixey in the loss of her only son, Travis.

It is so very sad that this has happened, and nearly impossible for any of us to understand.

Mike, what You have written here... "A Requiem for Travis" ... this beautiful gesture, this incredible composition, this heart felt performance for Travis, and Mixey, and all of us still here, has touched me in ways that to the depth of which I can only begin to fathom.

It is simply beyond beautiful.

Rest In Peace, Travis. We will never forget You.

~ To You & Susan, and The Entire Garson Family,
Much Love,
Geno
~~~

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 4:38pm
Also, Mixey,

The beautiful words and thoughts, that You took the time to express and write to each of us here...   once again, so very beautiful. Thank You.

Toad said it so very well in his post above:

"...Most of us are many miles away from you, but we are closer by way of this Village.
    We love you, Mixey.... "

...ditto.

We Love You, Mixey...
Geno

AmysFM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmysFM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 1:37am
 Mixey

I totally agree with Gene and Toad !

Despite this very hard time to pass, thank you for all these very kind words.

And Bravo Mike !

Much kisses and love

Jean
AmysFM "The most féline internet station" !
Soul, Funk , Dance, Pop-Rock
Medea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 6:59am
Originally posted by AmysFM AmysFM wrote:

Mixey

I totally agree with Gene and Toad !

Despite this very hard time to pass, thank you for all these very kind words.

And Bravo Mike !

Much kisses and love

Jean

Yes I am agree with you and all my soulful friends who wrote this.The loss of the beloved one is such a pain terminates and destroys all the beliefs inside and all you can say is "why?".

In this kind of pain ,you Mary Louise..you can think to thank us.You are  such a wonderful person..Travis was verry happy to have a mother likeyou I am sure.

Iwish I was there to hold your hand..god may give peace Travis..he is always in my prayers.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 9:36am
Thank you Jeff and Geno and Jean and Medea.

Mike sent me the following yesterday:

"Beautiful things on soulful planet.
My intention is to imortalize Travis rather than creating the concept of death.
Forms change.
Of course easier said than done but its how I feel.
I'm off to the gig.
I will play extra special for Travis.
Love
Mike"

I like what he said about imortalizing my son, rather than creating the concept of death.

It's hard to get past the morbidity and onto the celebration of life, and including him in all of my internal dialogue of celebrating the future.  Who would have thought that on this Easter weekend, I'd be burying my son?

Who would have thought that I could have shut up about him buying chocolate Easter bunnies 2 weeks ahead of time, and eating them all either, but I did.  Smile

Here he is doing an impromptu "commercial" 2 weeks ago in the grocery store.  Thank goodness for cell phone cameras.  Smile

I'm going to keep adding to this thread, because I have to, or I'll lose whatever's left of my mind... but the last thing my son would have wanted would be for sadness to overtake all of the good times.

Thank you to all of you for your love and support.
It's time for me to celebrate my son; and always remember to see the world through his eyes. He had uncommon insight.  It's a complicated story.

Easter is about continuation and joy.
Souls lives on.
With much love,

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 11:21am

Mixey!

Yes...... "I like what he said about imortalizing my son, rather than creating the concept of death."

I totally agree with these words that You wrote above, and yes...
Mike Garson is awesome for reminding us of this at this time!!!
((((Thanks, Mike!!!))))

and.... as You Said...

"It's time for me to celebrate my son; and always remember to see the world through his eyes. He had uncommon insight...."

Travis sure did have an uncommon insight into things of this world!!!
Let's Celebrate Travis's Life and The Memory of Trav that is so very much... right here with us.

Mixey, the thoughts, the pics, the feelings expressed are GREAT... please keep them coming!

~MuchLove Always,
Geno

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 11:29am
Thanks Geno.

Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 8:57pm
               Mixey,
        A lot of folks here, including myself are just
 meeting Travis through the pictures of him you have
 posted in this thread. It is very special that you would
 share them with us.

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 6:21am
Toad's observation is spot on ...

it is very special that you are moved to share some images of Travis, especially considering how wrenching it must be. But it's good to be able to see these images and think of him. I'm glad you choose to do this.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 12:42pm

And Mixey,
here,
in this beautiful picture of You,
shot roughly 30 years ago,
at six months pregnant with Travis,
It all started right here...

So Happy, So Beautiful,
~MuchLove,
Geno
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 3:05pm
Wow Travis was only about 5 years younger than me.

Life is too precious.
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 3:51pm
Mixey.
I just received this note on MySpace from Phil Hurtt, and I'm calling him right now.
Love,
Geno

~~~
Gene i just learned about Mixey's son Travis from Toad.
I AM FLOORED!
please post this on the Planet for me..for some reason i couldn't log on.
Much love.
Phil

Dear Mixey,
We only learned of your tragic loss today, when I read a message from Toad.

On behalf of my entire family and the staff at SRR, you have our deepest heartfelt condolences.
We can only imagine the depth of your grief at the loss of your only child. From the conversations you and I have shared, I know that the bond between you and you son Travis was a deep and loving one.
We, who love you, grieve with you and will be here for you in this difficult time.
If there is anything that we can do to support you through this valley, please call on us.
Louise sends her love, you are in and your family is in our prayers.
Much Love.
Phil
~~~~~
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 8:31pm
Thank you Geno, Toad, Jeff and MM...

I'm glad you all understand. 

Phil & Louise and everyone at Soul Renaissance Records...
Thank you for your care.  I know you know; and I appreciate you being there.

Geno... Thank you for posting that picture of me.  lol

Actually, that's NOT where it all began.  I'm going to go through my photos and I will scan some pictures of Travis' dad, my ex husband, who you (Geno... and a few others here) know.

Whether I'm elated about it or not, the story of our son began with the 2 of us; and for me to exclude him from this thread, would be a bit like insisting that I produced Travis via fission, or imaculate conception, which although my name is Mary and his name is Joseph, and I was told by 2 doctors that I couldn't conceive, he and I were having A LOT of fun at the time.  Travis was a surprise, but we were both smiling about him!

Be back later.

Mixey
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 8:47am
MIXEY,
 You look so happy in that photo.  Thank you Geno for sharing MIXEY'S spirit with us.

I think it's wonderful what Mike is doing for you and putting together all the photos of the beautiful Travis, what great memories you will always have.

Much Peace & Love,
S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 12:46pm
(((((((MIXEY)))))) et all.

Just returned from my New York trip last night and saw the beautiful updates in this thread.  We sure have some wonderful kind, caring people on this forum.  I applaud all of you.

Mixey, I love what's being done here.  Everyone cares so much about you and what you're going through.

I just wanted to add my love and concern for you and your family.  I consider you and everyone at SP to be a part of mine.  Please know I'm sending my love and comfort to you across the miles.  You will get through this and we are all here to help you.

Much love,

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
FRAFRA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FRAFRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 3:32pm
for u
be strong in this hard moment
ur not alone Smile

Poke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 7:33pm
Mixey,

I just found out through Geno about your son.  Please accept my heartfelt condolences, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers always.  I too have lost loved ones.  My wife and my stepdaughter passed away within 5 years of each other, and sometimes there is no answer.  Please know that I am feeling your pain right now and that I am with you in spirit right along side you.  You are a wonderful woman, so take whatever time you need to heal.  We love you.  Cry

-Poke.
Much Love,
-Poke.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 7:39am
Thank you Soul Sister...
I was definitely happy in that picture.  We had just moved to San Diego.  When I was 19, I gave myself 5 years to move here.  I didn't think I'd be pregnant when I was 23; but I was.  We were married on my birthday in June, when I turned 24.  That picture was taken the weekend before we were married. Travis was born the last day in August.

Thank you Dream...
This thread is helping me so much.  If my son is looking in, he's appreciating too.  He loved what we are doing here on Soulful Planet, and was always very encouraging. 
Hope your trip to New York went well.  I have not read your update yet.

FRAFRA...
Thank you for the beautiful flowers.  They're stunning!  Thank you for saying I'm not alone.  It means a lot to feel that way, because right now, I'm feeling like 30 years of my life didn't exist.  When you lose so much, it's hard not to feel very solitary.

Poke...
Thank you so much.  I'm very sorry about your wife and your stepdaughter.  OMG that's so hard!  It takes about 5 years to get past a trauma to begin with, and then you were hit again.  Thank you for reminding me to take whatever time is necessary to heal. 

Toad and Jeff and Jean and Soul Sister and Medea...
I relayed your messages to Mike.  He had been reading over here, so he saw what you all have said and appreciates all of you. 
Geno... I gave him your message too.  He knows how you cared for Travis.  This has been so hard on both of you.  We all had such dreams. 

This is an art mosaic that Mike did with 3 photos of Travis... He says he wants to do more.  The music is David Bowie's "I'm Deranged", which features Mike's wild piano.  Trav would have been so tickled to see this.  Mike says Travis has been there with him, while he's doing all of it.  I can only hope.

I wrote a caption for youtube, saying: 

If Jesus lived next door, would he be accepted in our neighborhood; or would he be crucified again?

Travis had to deal with a raft of stupidity, prejudice, and intolerance in his short life. He was a kind and gentle soul, but very powerful in his way.  People either loved him or feared him... both extremes being just as irrational, and not much in between.  Very few knew who he was.

It will be interesting to read the youtube comments, if any.

Many times just the mention of Jesus, causes people to lose their sanity. 
I'm asking a valid question, that's aimed at needing clarification for why people make pre-determinations about someone else, when there's no basis for it.

Mixey
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 10:40am
M I X E Y,
 That video collage is awesome, what a nice tribute to 'Travis'. 
I'm sure Travis would love that!

Love, Peace, & Blessings,
S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 11:12am
"...why people make pre-determinations about someone else, when there's no basis for it."

I know what you mean, Mixey. And I assume you were speaking rhetorically.

But your statement applies the presumption of intelligence and wisdom.

And in the absence of intelligence and wisdom - people will jump to conclusions.

It's down to biology. It's us ... what's in our dna. And how our base instincts have evolved over a few thousand years.

We fancy ourselves to be so hip and understanding and together ... and yet just beneath the surface our old genetic programming is still online 24/7 ... whispering to us to be wary of those who do not look, sound, smell, or walk exactly like we do. We are programmed to be on guard.

And if humans cannot "reason" their way around these base instincts - if we cannot overcome predjudices and fears, then we cannot trust. We will not be willing to try to really know someone.

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic