Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Am I ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillysoulman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 3:39pm

Mixey,

Words cannot express the sadness we feel regarding the loss of your son.
May God watch over you and heal you in this most devastating of times.

Bobby and Vonnie
"Professionals built the Titanic, but amateurs built the Ark"
BassnForGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassnForGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 3:55pm
Mixey,

My prayers are that you and your family feel the Hands of God holding you tight in this tiem of need.  I can not understand what you must be feeling right now but I know that the Lord does and he is there for you.

Robert
Sue W. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 7:37pm
Mixey,

I just logged in and read this tonight, I'm so sorry to hear this. You were there for your son and still, you have to go through this.

I hope you are getting rest and can work toward peace of mind knowing that nothing can harm him now, he is in the hands of God, and you as his survivor have to take care of yourself.

Thinking of you tonight -- Sue
Delmar Browne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delmar Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 6:25am
My condolences goes out to you and your family during this time, Mixey!
www.facebook.com/delmar.browne
www.twitter.com/DelmarBrowne
www.soundcloud.com/delmarbrowne

LadyDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 7:42am
MIXEY...SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS....MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY....GOD BLESS...LADY DEE
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 11:42am
          Carl Dixon, from the U.K. sends his
 condolences, and wishes Mixey well.
     He has indicated that he may be joining us here
 soon when his business allows....
    Thank you, Carl
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Medea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 12:49pm
I read this thread  over and over again to be sure that I got it right.Oh my god Mixey Stern%20SmileCry 
What can I say what should I do now..nothing...nothing left to say.This tragedy tells everything

I wish I could be by your  side  Confused I send my friends' (from baris-akarsu.com and gonetoosoon.uk) and my condolecences to you..please be strong.
RAY MONETTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAY MONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 1:08pm
MIXEY,
THERE'S NOTHING WORSE THAN THE LOSS OF A CHILD. MY WIFE AND I LOST OUR DAUGHTER AT AGE TWO. MY BROTHER LOST HIS SON AT AGE 25.
GOD BLESS YOU,AND GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH TO GET THROUGH THIS.
CONDOLENCES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
 RAY                                                                                                
Don1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 4:50pm
Since my mom and myself joined SP you've always made us felt welcome here. Ourselfs and my dad sends our condolences to you Mixey and Family in your time of grievence.

_ don
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 7:04pm
MIXEY...

I am so sorry ... I will be thinking of you.

I just returned from Europe this evening and did not see this thread before now.

CryCryCry
Jeff
QUEENY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEENY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 6:53am
Oh Mixey
What words can I say at this t ime ?
Please know that you & your family are in my prayers and the spiritiual forces of good will comfort you. OMG!!! I know your heart is very heavy but I know your burden will be lifted in time.
Hang in there Mixey - Hold on to the good times

AINT UNDERSTANDING MELLOW
Detroit Drums View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detroit Drums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 7:10pm
Mixey,

My sincerist condolences during this difficult time. May you find peace and comfort in your spirit, family and friends. May Peace Be With You.

Michael
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 9:17pm
Words can't express how much all of you mean to me.  It's your friendship that I look to, to help me and Mom through.  Thank you so much for your kindness.

Mom and I went to the funeral home today to make the final arrangements.  It's been 1 week already since Travis died; and we still won't know what happened  for another few weeks. 

What a sad joke.  Of course we know what happened.  He died... i.e. suffered from not breathing.  Is a diagnosis at this point going to bring him back?  I wish it was that easy.

Travis loved nature; and he loved art and music.  He wanted to be a continuing part of all of that. 

He loved the studio that we are building; and especially the land that it's on.  There's a special magic there.  Maybe he was to be a part of that in a different way, so that his life could speak more fully.  I wonder.  It's all so deep and infinite and final at the same time.

Thank you again for your kindness and personal messages.  Every life in every family is touched in ways that are so unimaginable, that to experience death, is like being in the presence of an old friend.

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 9:42pm
Mixey,

Beautiful words and thoughts in remembering Your Dear Son,
Travis.

I still simply can not believe that He, Trav... and all of the life that was so very much alive in him, is now gone from this earth for now, in life, as we know it.   Yet... Travis will live on, and very much within You and in those that knew and loved him, and those that he knew and loved.
It is all so hard to comprehend.

Rest In Peace, Travis.

This is such a peaceful, beautiful, wonderful photo of Travis at the Lagoon.

Mixey, Thank You for putting this here.

Wishing So Very Much Love To You And Your Family,
~Geno

LadyDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 7:10am
MIXEY
   THE PICTURE SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS....WHAT A HANDSOME MAN U HAD...AND SO SAD THAT WE HAVE TO BURY OUR CHILDREN ...THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE ...BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE FOND MEMORIES  OF THE LIFE YOU BOTH HAD Big%20smile
...KEEP THEM IN YOUR HEART ALWAYS....I PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THAT YOUR HEART WILL HEAL SOONBroken%20Heart...GOD BLESS YOU,   LADY DEEHug
Medea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 5:20pm
Your pm box is full Mİxey thats why I am writing here..

There is so much in my heart but have no ability to express myself while you are living this tragedy.

Mixey,Mary Louise,you are miles and miles away from me but I feel you.I feel your pain in the depth of my heart. I wish I have words to tell you what I feel now.
Nothing left to say,may god bring your son peace.I am always with you my friend.Love you Mary Louise...God bless you
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2009 at 7:54am
Dream...
It is of great comfort to be able to lean on you and all of my friends here. I am listening to what you have said and trying to keep your words in mind.  Thank you for being there for me, and reminding me it's ok to look for help.

Soul Sister...
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and your understanding, and for sending my family your love.  I did love him so much; and it's hard to think of him being in a better place, because in y mind... why couldn't that place be here. It wasn't to be for some reason.

Toad...
You were no less than psychic in knowing something was wrong. Thank you for the beautiful letter you sent me.  I know you have had your share; and I appreciate your friendship, advice and insight.

Misty...
Thank you for sending me strength... and speaking of shock... I think that's what I'm in right now.  It's not computing in a real way yet. 

AmysFM Jean...
Thank you to you and your family for your love and condolences.  The fact that you are there, and thinking about me and my family helps a lot.

MickeyMac...
I feel your thoughts in my direction. Thank you very much for being there and for caring. 

Wintender Nora...
Thank you for your heartfelt message, and for your thoughts and prayers.  In a way, I'm sort of glad I haven't stocked that bar yet, because if it was sitting there staring at me right now, I wonder if much would be left.

Geno...
Thank you for being a friend to Travis, and for being there for me. I'll never forget that call with you, when I had just left the hospital room from seeing my son for the last time.  Words fail.

phillysoulman  Bobby & Vonnie...
Thank you for your healing wish. I almost feel like I'm experiencing all of this remotely; and I've been wondering how anyone can heal from such a loss; but you're right.  It's in God's hands. 

BassnForGod Robert...
Thank you for your prayers. I can feel the certainty in your words; and that is of great comfort to me.  It's good to be reminded that there is a plan that's bigger than we are.  If I didn't feel that way; I don't think I could get through this.

Sue...
Your advice is sound; and I am listening to it.  I'm sleeping here and there, and it's adding up to enough, I think.  I appreciate you telling me that nothing can harm him now.  I'm keeping your words very close. Thank you for thinking about me.

Delmar Browne...
Thank you for your message to my family. Life has ways of connecting people in a strange matrix.  I feel that my son is part of the movement from a different vantage point now.

LadyDee...
Thank you for your prayers and for looking at my son's picture lovingly.  Yes, he'll always be in my heart... and I agree with you... I wish it could be any other way than this.  I will hold fast to fond memories.  Thank you for that. 

Carl Dixon...
Thank you for your well wishes and condolences.   ... and Toad, thank you for letting me know.  Carl is always welcome here.

Medea...
Thank you to you and all of your friends and fans of Baris Akarsu.  I played Baris' music for Travis.  He loved it, and was well aware of what happened.  We talked about him quite a bit.  I could only have guessed how Baris' parents feel.  Now I know.  Thank you for your kindness.  The miles are not that far after all, as we are one.

Ray Monette...
I'm so sorry for the loss of you and your wife's 2 year old daughter.  My grandmother lost her twin boys, a few weeks apart, when they were 2.  The sadness is very deep, especially when someone so young dies.  Mom has told me about this quite a lot, as she was the older sister, observing her mother go through it. I'm sorry about your brother's 25 year old son.  A friend of mine just told me about her brother, who died at 31 of cancer, and his son, who died at 21 from a reckless driver.  I know there's a plan that's bigger than we are, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.  Thank you for your blessings.

Don...
Thank you very much to you and your mom and dad. It's times like these that make me stand in awe at how much value can come from another life.  When the calls are over and Mom is asleep, I can still feel all of the love and care from my friends here on Soulful Planet. I really needed to read this thread again tonight.  The best part is knowing that if any of us experience a win or a loss or a moment in time, where we need someone, we have each other.    

Jeff...
Thank you for all of the support you have given me.  I know you cared about y family, as I care about yours.  We've gone back and forth about these things; and it's just so unreal.

Queeny...
I always used to think that when a person said... hold onto the good times... it was sort of a well-meaning but kind of shallow cliche.  Now I understand that that advice comes from a way deeper place. I find myself having difficulty giving myself permission to hold onto the good times.  I would have never thought that could enter into the grieving process. I really appreciate your words.  You obviously understand. Thank you.

Detroit Drums Michael...
A spirit at peace, can weather a storm.  I have to remember to envision calmer waters, because we still don't know what really happened to my son.  My spirit is in a state of unrest.  Even though I can sleep, I keep searching in my dreams. Thank you for your peaceful and comforting wishes.

This thread is helping me so much. 
Thank you.
Much Love,
Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 7:45am

Mike Garson composed a beautiful Requiem for Travis.

I just put it up on our Soulful Planet MySpace page.

He's also working on 100 pieces of artwork, based on photographs of Travis, for me to put up in my studio.

In addition, he has told me that he is dedicating his concert in Hollywood tonight, which is being documented, to my son.

I don't know what to say.

Mike. . .
You and Susan have been such friends and a great comfort to me and Mom during these days.  Thank you so very much.

Much Love,
Mixey

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 9:35am
Mike!

Fantastic. 

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Jeff
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 11:09am
           Mixey,
        Please tell Mike that I am proud to know he
 and Susan are near your side at this time.
     They are doing things with you that I would do
 if it were possible. Most of us are many miles away from you, but we are closer by way of this Village.
    We love you, Mixey....Heart

Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic