Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Welcome To Our Village & The One That Inspired It.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome To Our Village & The One That Inspired It.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2009 at 6:36pm
I like this too.   Patrick McGoohan talking about Lew Grade.  The guy gave him the freedom to be able to put the series together... with a handshake... no contract.  I love that!

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2009 at 7:09pm
Is no Zip Ban Delete a rule?  Maybe it is.

No. Not the way you meant it.
A rule creates clearly defined boundaries. No Zip Ban Delete - as I believe your definition intends - means freedom. Freedom, when applied in it's truest meaning, creates no boundaries. Freedom is the absence of rules. 

I look at it as just consideration of people and what they have to say.

I'm glad you do. People who value freedom - and the free flow of ideas and knowledge - don't fear others' ideas and opinions because they are more highly evolved than those who squash opposing points of view and differing opinions for the sake of vanity and the need for self aggrandizement.

Jeff
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2009 at 9:58pm
"People who value freedom - and the free flow of ideas and knowledge - don't fear others' ideas and opinions because they are more highly evolved than those who squash opposing points of view and differing opinions for the sake of vanity and the need for self aggrandizement."

Jeff...
Thank you.  I like what you wrote a lot! 

I think that being able to move past the fear of other people's ideas and opinions equals being more evolved, if there is a powerful intention behind it.  People have to will a situation into being friendly... and just know it.

... and you bring up a good point about the squashing of differing opinions for the sake of vanity and aggrandizement.

I think that if we as individuals are empowered, we will naturally move past the individual state and become one.  I think that ego and vanity and aggrandizement is a myth we have become connected to, much like the existence of time. (but that's another subject)

I wonder what this world would be like, if all of a sudden, everyone felt that we are all one.  What would happen?  Would we all be bored out of our minds... or would we be able to enjoy different aspects of our collective mind, without the fear of being alone?

I like the feeling of the latter.  How cool would that be?  There wouldn't be any problems. But if we didn't have problems to keep us company, would we be miserable?  I don't think so.

If we had a collective mind, would we lose the need for a body?  Probably so.  Bodies are actually barriers... so if your definition of freedom is correct... freedom would exist beyond an embodied state, I suppose.

I've been thinking about this stuff since I was around 13; and I always come up with the same feelings about it.  I just wish I could be more consistent in practice.

With all of the brainwashing we get on this planet every day, it's pretty hard to keep my own truth in the forefront of my mind.  I easily warp into Ms Combat in a split second. So much for a collective black eye. Ouch

Mixey
JazzRoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzRoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 8:12am
Heck. This has blown away my day, insofar as once I locked in there was no escape. ("I am not a number - I'm a free man!")
Thanks very much for the re-experience. What a smart man he was...
Yep, we're all prisoners, trapped by the most evil and terrifying entity we'll ever meet. Ourselves.
Nothing will change that - until oblivion.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 5:33pm
lol... JazzRoc... You became a prisoner to the thread and your whole day was absorbed.  Smile
In terms of what you said in relation to:
"Yep, we're all prisoners, trapped by the most evil and terrifying entity we'll ever meet. Ourselves."
Nothing will change that - until oblivion."

I have a feeling that this situation can change; and the solution may be easier than we think.

I think that the solution is locked in a riddle of having to empower ourselves and eachother as individuals first, in order to be able to accept that we're really all one.

Who would want to view ourselves as one, when we look at our collective parts, and we don't like what we see!

It takes courage to want to connect with and be a part of someone else, especially if we don't like them.

I get trapped in my oun malfunction so often, that it's really hard to hang onto that viewpoint all of the time... but I'm trying.

Soulful Planet is The Village minus the need for police.  We police ourseves.  That leaves a lot more time for actual communication, which seems to happen  in waves, as I'm seeing.  I think we're becoming more one with each other in that regard. Pretty interesting.

Glad you're here.

Mixey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic