Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > S. P. A. T. (Soulful Planet Administration Team) > Contact Soulful Planet
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WE ARE BACK!!!! we were down Fri7/4 - U - Event Date: Jul 10 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 9:05am
Hi George,
 Will you please email me my password, I forgot what it was, LOL, sorry.

I'll then try the cookies delete as you suggested.

Thank You,
S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 8:25pm

This is a test of the emergency nuke yer cookies tactics method ... please stand by Houston ...

Jeff
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 8:25pm

Jeff!

We did it!!!!!!!!!

The nuke your cookies for

Windows XP IE 7

was the key to getting you back in here!!!!!!

(((Amazing... Mac & PC's can work together))))

Windows XP IE 7 users... listen up:

Details to follow from Jeff!!!

Jeff, Really glad to have you back in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(((I just spoke to Mixey quickly to let her know the good news that we solved the problem, local to Windows XP IE 7 browsers... it must be a corrupted or malicious or hidden cookie from the old server site for XP IE 7 users... nuking all of your cookies did it. Amazing what I think of when I wake up from a nap *lol*)))

~BigSmiles~
Geno

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 8:26pm
Windows XP + Internet Explorer Users.... 

Both my computers run Windows XP SP2 with Internet Explorer 7.

I could not log on to SP until I deleted all my cookies with Internet Explorer's tools. The button in SP that deletes cookies for this forum did not work.

Here are instructions on how to delete your cookies in Internet Explorer 7. These steps should be identical for Internet Explorer 6.

Jeff
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 9:43pm

Welcome home winetender and Jeff!

Jeff and Gene, we have been looking at "cookie code" all day.  You are right and thank you for verifying that, because we can't see what is on other people's computers.

Right now we are working on an upgrade that will address the way cookies are delivered.

Thanx for your help.
Coolgeorge

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 10:06pm
    George,
I'm using an E-machines PC with windows XP and everything seems to be working great for me.
    I posted a bunch of pics in the photography section tonight, and all went very quick, with no problems.
     You S.P.A.T. folks are doing a great job !!  This site is the bomb !!

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 10:19pm
Geno and Mixey ...

Here is the window that loads when I click on "Upload Image"... Geno, this is evidently much different than what you see on a Mac!..

Jeff
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 10:26pm
While we're on the subject of the different interfaces that Mac and Windows users see, here's another example: Here is the window that loads when I click "Post Reply". This is also evidently different than what you see on a Mac.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 10:58pm

Yes, Jeff, totally different on a Mac...

I will post the screen grabs that I saw while going through the process of posting the above picture above of my daughter, from my mac....

stand by ... OK......

first after hitting "Reply" the screen that comes on my Mac looks like this:

then clicking the Upload Image icon (green arrow upload one) i get this screen:

then this 'Be Patient" screen:

and... it puts the code in my post...

and finally...

here's what it looks like when I'm now ready to post this,,,

(I added some more text in lime green, and ... )

Done!

and this is the post we are seeing now
~Cool!~
Geno

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 12:04am
Yes indeed-y ...

This is why our conversation was so hilarious!

The approach, and the experience is considerably different, vis-a-vis Windows and Mac. We could not see the hoops the other had to jump through.

The end justifies the means, I suppose. Big%20smile
Jeff
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 10:16am
George & S.P.A.T.,

Could you do a favor??  I put up a BD thread for Jazzmessenger under the Birthdays & Holidays section.  Could you combine it with Soul Sister's BD thread for him under Music General???

Thanks.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 5:17pm
Sure dream. Will do.

We will be doing the second part of our upgrade soon.

There are still cookie issues as Jeff and Gene explained.  Just now we could not login. 

When we tried on AOL it didn't work.  It worked from Internet Exporer.

The upgrade will solve the login issues.

Coolgeorge
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 5:53pm

Ahhh ... web IT is such fun ...   lol (?)

Jeff
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 6:00pm
LOLClapClapClap
george

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 9:20pm

Mixey, Jeff, George, Dream, Soul Sister, Toad and Sp Members...
Probably one of our ancestors here in this candid shot with good old 64k Eniac...
__

*lol*
Don1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 10:08am
Hi Bobby C,

Do HOPE mom and wife gets will soon.

Hi S.P.A.T,

I solved that problem with your HELP.

Donn,
Chicago SP member. 
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 10:42am
My thoughts at present. . .

I've had to delete my cookies several times to log on today.  This situation, which Donn and others have been experiencing, will be solved with a forum upgrade... not to be confused with the server upgrade.  We just went through that one. 

When the forum and the server are truly happy with each other, and there's no more cookie bs to deal with, we'll be better able to have fun here.

It's ridiculous to expect members to keep continuing to delete their cookies just to log in.

Bruce and George and I are working on the upgrade.  Bruce has written the whole program. George and I just have to make sure that the "skin" is the same.

We will upgrade this week.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 10:46am
Cool Donn. . .

I'm glad you are here with us!! Smile

As I said up above, there are a number of people who are having cookie issues.

Thanks for taking the time to work to get back here with us.  We're trying to make it a non-issue.

Again. . . thanks,

Mixey
Bobby Cutchins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 10:51am
Thanks, Donn.

Both wifey and mom are better. Mom is stable. She has Alzheimer's and breathing problems. Wifey had total right hip replacement surgery so hers is a little more painful and a slower process of recuperation. I am doing what I have to do and hopefully, soon I can be back to being a regular on SP. Time is a valuable commodity for me right now but my heart is here. Thanks again, Donn, and take care.

Gratefully,
       Thumbs%20Up
Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Just feel the music!
Don1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 10:57am
Bobby my thoughts are with you, my friend.
I posted a title song of yours in play box a minute ago
Songs with four titles.
I do have it on single - hope you remember it.

Don
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic