Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > S. P. A. T. (Soulful Planet Administration Team) > Contact Soulful Planet
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WE ARE BACK!!!! we were down Fri7/4 - U - Event Date: Jul 10 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 11:51am
Ha Ha Ha Ha!! Yeah, Don, I remember that one. That is the one that made Bobby Cutchins "Bobby Cutchins". Of all of the songs that I have recorded, that is my favorite to date. I guess it has something to do with the fact that it was my first record and my biggest to date. Not only that, there was so much fun in the studio for those sessions. That experience will be with me forever.

I am glad that you liked it enough to buy it. Thank you. I appreciate the support. I am humbled and blessed to have friends like you and everybody here at SP.

A BIG ol' Geno Smile!!
              Big%20smile
Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Just feel the music!
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by M I X E Y M I X E Y wrote:

My thoughts at present. . .

I've had to delete my cookies several times to log on today.  This situation, which Donn and others have been experiencing, will be solved with a forum upgrade... not to be confused with the server upgrade.  We just went through that one. 

When the forum and the server are truly happy with each other, and there's no more cookie bs to deal with, we'll be better able to have fun here.

It's ridiculous to expect members to keep continuing to delete their cookies just to log in.

Bruce and George and I are working on the upgrade.  Bruce has written the whole program. George and I just have to make sure that the "skin" is the same.

We will upgrade this week.

Mixey

Thanks for the update, Mixey.  I know Soul Sister has been unable to login and post for several days.  She's e-mailed S.P.A.T. about it.

This change is as huge undertaking and there are bound to be some snags along the way.  Thanks to all of you working to solve the problems!!

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 5:22pm
Thanks for letting me know Dream. 

I'm really sorry about her not being able to get on.  George will be back tomorrow evening; but it might be less frustrating to wait for the upgrade this week.

Thank you for understanding what a process this is.  Our Soulful Planet is young... and I have had A LOT to learn, most of which involves getting the right team together.

Money doesn't solve anything, if I'm paying the wrong people.  Hopefully we have the right people this time.

Mixey

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 8:45am
Jeanie knows you are all doing your best, Mixey, and she appreciates all your efforts.  So do I!!!Clap

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 8:26pm

It's fascinating (in a horrible way) to see how these problems present themselves to all SP members out there.

Everyone's computers are set up differently. User experiences will vary all over the lot ... for reasons that have nothing to do with the way SP code is written.

Sounds like many folks cannot log in, as I could not several days ago. I currently use Windows-based PCs. Once I deleted ALL my cookies through Internet Explorer's tools, the "new" SP was able to write it's new cookies, and they seem to have stuck. Ever since that night I am being automatically logged in successfully, happy to say. Soon, everybody will be back in the groove. Go Bruce and George!..

Jeff
Bobby Cutchins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 8:40pm
For the record, when I first tried to login on Saturday it took me to the SP page but it wouldn't let me enter. I tried again in about 15 minutes and it has worked each time since then. I use a Mozilla Firefox Browser. I am not having any problems... just so you'll know.

Cheers,
   Thumbs%20Up  
Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Just feel the music!
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 2:51pm

So far it seems that
Nuking Your "Cookies" on your own computer
seems to fix this log in problem thing when it happens,
and so far, it seems to be the only way...

Geno

s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2008 at 11:59pm
Thank you for this thread!!

Mixey
for S.P.A.T
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2009 at 1:01pm
Update!
Here it is, Aug 23, 2009 ... a year later, and the terrific, detailed Info that Jeff posted above,
still works very well in solving this problem
when the difficulty of "logging in" on a PC to Forum Websites crops up.

G O   J E F F !!!! , G O S.P.A.T. (((Ya'LL ROCK!)))
~BigSmiles,
Geno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic