Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Looking Glass
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under Water Hotels . . . Being Built Worldwide Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under Water Hotels . . . Being Built Worldwide Now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under Water Hotels . . . Being Built Worldwide Now
    Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 10:38pm

Hydropolis. . .

is the name of a new huge under water hotel industry.

Is it a good idea to build hotels under the sea?

They make it sound like they're doing it to give people who don't dive. . . or can't even swim. . . an appreciation for the ocean. . . to raise their awareness and conservation sensibilities, etc.

GIVE ME A BREAK !!!!  They say the same about SeaWorld out here in San Diego. . . (a famous above ground ocean zoo amusement park) The truth is. . . it's animals that belong to the sea, living in small areas with some performing tricks.

Yes. . . SeaWorld does involve itself in some helpful scientific research and saves beached sea animals, etc. . . but COME ON!!!! Most of it is. . .
MONEY MONEY MONEY

Now we have how many countries interested in these underwater hotels???  It tells all about it on the site.

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 12:57am

Mixey!

Interesting find here. This sounds like a concept that is fully designed and planned for those that have more money than they know what to do with, but cheaper than a luxury stay on the International Space Station... also the rough draft script for the next big disaster movie.
*lol*
i love the line that reads, "... marketing teams that would specifically bridge the innate human resistance to living under the seas."

What does that say?

p.s. woah... the loop on that flash program sure gets annoying very quickly... is it the loop, or is it the concept of this whole thing?

lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 10:06am
I got gills ! gis a job!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 10:45am

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to put a hotel in a volcano.

What should we call it. . . how about Lavacidious ?

How about a resort hotel chain that's only built on faultlines around the world. . .

Liquifacidious ?

Maybe the Erruptus Sunnonomous Quaksonnomous Foundation for previously undiagnosed Architects should bid on these projects.

Has anyone ever heard of submarine warfare even?????  Oh sure. . . let's put an underwater hotel resort in the Persian Gulf.

I can't believe this stuff!

Mixey

lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 3:23pm
What happened to that floating hotel idea.... twice as big as the biggest ship ever to sail the seas?

Those big words are hurting my eyes.lol
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 5:01pm
Oceanic Creations Linz....

Look:

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2012 at 1:13pm
Well Well... All Aboard... anybody???

Get this one...

Same Titanic but brand-new, built from scratch, billionaire says

The LA Times is reporting...

By Tiffany Hsu
April 30, 2012, 9:51 a.m.
"— What’s more exciting than James Cameron re-releasing “Titanic” in 3-D? When an even richer man – Australia’s Clive Palmer – tries to bring the ill-fated ship to life. By building a modern replica of it.

The mining billionaire said Monday that he has commissioned CSC Jinling Shipyard, a Chinese state-owned business, to construct a new Titanic from scratch.

“Many people have attempted to do it before but have failed because they didn’t have the buy-in of a shipyard and didn’t have the money to pay for it,” he said.

The vessel will be made in its tragic predecessor’s image – “layouts … room décor and finish,” Palmer said – but will be fitted with newer technology.

The process will start by the end of next year, with the ship set to sail by 2016. The original RMS Titanic sank a century ago, in April 1912.

The luxury ship’s demise after striking an iceberg en route from Europe to New York left 1,500 people dead. Here’s hoping Palmer’s version evades a similar outcome ... ..."

- www.latimes.com/business/money — Full Story, Click to read Here

Ok, questions and thoughts...

• Is this a good Idea?

• Or is this a Disaster #2 in the making?

• Would You, if given a free ride on it's maiden voyage,
trust your life to the Chinese Ship Builders
that put the modified design together
that is based on a failed design?

• Is this really the best way that this much money could be spent to actually help humanity in some way?

just sayin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2012 at 1:28pm

— Here we go ... again? —
_

((the pic at :51
reminds me
of
"Redrum"
in
The Shining *lol*)))

__

*lol*
Oh, and by the way Remember the "Hydropolis" that Mixey posted about, above in this thread... back in 2007???

Well...

Hydropolis fights further troubles

Probably a good thing that it never happened...

...nobody died yet!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic