Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

~ The Secret - The Law of Attraction ~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~ The Secret - The Law of Attraction ~
    Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 9:04am

Ok, does anybody know about this one?...

I have almost always felt that focusing on Positive Stuff is far more valuable in my life,
than the inverse, which seems to usually become a huge waste of time and energy, and ends up frustrating.

This also ties in with...
i.e. Be careful what You wish for, because eventually, that is what you will get.
In some ways, I've actually found this to be in a way, very true.

Ok, I just watched this one video on a MySpace page, and I found it very interesting that someone sort of organized the concept a bit more...

~ The Secret - The Law of Attraction ~

In summary... the vid looks at Positive Energy vs Negative Energy in our every thought,
and emphasizes that what we choose to do with that energy,
determines precisely where our lives go...
very interesting thinking with respect to physics and the law of attraction...

The Secret: 1st 20 minutes

...Focus on that Positive Energy!
So, what do Ya think?
Geno

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 9:51am
Geno,

Excellent idea for a thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there's a great deal to "The Secret".  I've always believed in the power of positive thinking and attraction.  I'm a definite opitimist overall.

Like everyone, I have my moments of cynicism, the blues, etc., but I never stay there long.  I always manage to work my way out with my optimistic nature.

Oprah did a few shows on "The Secret", but I missed them.  She's also been doing an interactive 10 week class on Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth", which is an extension of the secret.  Soul Sister and I bought the book and intended to join the class, but we didn't stick to it.  LOL!!

I haven't read the book, yet, but plan to.  There's lots of buzz about it.

I'm interested to hear what other forum members think.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 10:10am

Dream!
Very interesting! A problem for me with this sort of thing, in any organized religion or organized philosophy/concept, has simply been this...

The Philosophy (of almost any "god based" religion/spiritual concept/philosophy) is usually based upon "be good", and "stay positive"... and this is fine!

When it seems to get messed up, is when "man" tries to organize it for "god", make it proprietary, and "blam", the next thing Ya know they are really more interested in getting into your pocket book or wallet, than anything else.

But then again, maybe that is exactly the "positive image" that they intended to obtain for themselves.
*lol*
Ya know...

Ok cattle herd, think exactly like this, jump through these ritual hoops,
stand, sit, kneel, bend over, then pay me the money, and see Ya next week.

Can't we ever just get the philosophy/concept- "be good", and "stay positive" - without the sell at the end? *lol*

And then... there IS the funny side of this concept and thinking!
*lol*
Secret secrets of THE SECRET revealed

...and we all know that laughter is a very healthy, positive thing too.

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 6:42pm
I believe that thoughts are things...  and whatever I put my attention on, is what I pull in. 

I also know that when I'm in the dumps, I've created it.  The trick is... how to get past that.

Promoting only thinking good thoughts can get into invalidating people for having an opposing view; which I don't like.

Have you ever met someone, who categotizes everything as positive and negative?  It can in itself be negative to experience being around someone like that.

As a scientist, I know that the body does better in an environment of negative ions... so I guess I have a little difficulty with the negative / positive labels here.  I also feel that the key to just about anything, is in magnetics, so I tend to think in a physics sense.

On the flipside of science, however, is my feeling that science only attempts to explain that which we already know.

I do like what they're saying, essentially.  I'll keep it in mind, Geno.  Thanks for putting it up.

Truly... if I'm feeling like garbage, I should remember to just get into music... take a walk... turn the page... instead of going under the covers and hitting the bottom.

I'm going to give it a shot.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 6:51pm
OMG LoooooooL !!!!!!  Geno. . . That guy's a scream!!!!!!!

OMG... wecome to California... LoooooL

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 1:25am
MIXEY,

I like what you said ... the bit about how science tries to explain that which we already know. A lot of that feels true. (Except quantum physics, which IS something that I need  explained ...)

I could apply your statement to Ekhardt Tolle's concepts. I have waded into Ekhardt Tolle's "The Power Of Now". (David Sancious gave me a copy in '06 and it's interesting, albeit a slow read.)

What struck me was that I was already very much in tune with my inner voice; I have always heard it and have always been able to look back at myself analytically, which is critical to Tolle's principles of "being in the now." The more I read the more I realized I was already there.

I think there is something to the concept of self-fulfilling prophesy, and that one can shape one's destiny in either direction.

But at the end of the day I think the larger truth is that we don't need religion. We don't need fancy gurus, or programs for spiritual wholeness. We are all biologically programmed as "complete beings" ... we come from the factory with a fully stocked toolkit and onboard diagnostics.

We have to remember to listen to our bodies, and the voice inside. Our inner voice knows us and is usually correct about things. Many (not all, but many) churches and gurus and TV hucksters tend to lead us away from ourselves and all that we already know.

I think success and happiness in life comes down to knowing yourself, having well defined goals, and understanding that some days you'll be eating the bear - and other days the bear will be eating you - and when he's eating you, to not get crazy about it. I don't think the secret of life is any more complicated than that. 

We are evolved to live in the natural world, and to be in touch with our natural world. Unfortunately, our artificial toxic lifestyles have us out of balance. When everything is going sideways it's easy to forget that we have the power to step out of the quicksand ... usually all we have to do is give ourselves permission.

Jeff
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 3:02am
     Thinking positive thoughts are a good thing,but they are not the absolute key to health, wealth, and joy.
     You must buy the book or video to learn the secret. The secret is
to be selling the book or video. The seller could very well find wealth and joy, but might have a problem with health. For the health issue....
      Bring in Dr. Phil
  He found the secret. 1.] Get on Opera's show 2.] Practice medicine using
 the Henny Youngman approach. Example: "Dr. Phil, It hurts when I do this" [women moves her arm up and down very fast]
     Dr Phil replies: "Stop doing that!!!"
  Phil makes millions, and Opera's ratings go up a notch. They both
understand the secret. P.T. Barnum understood the secret.
    "There is a sucker born every minute,and two born to take their money"
           I kinda believe in the Yin and Yang thing.  If someone in this world
is making money, there is also somebody losing some.
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2008 at 6:50pm

M I X E Y !

I agree with what You wrote here:

"Truly... if I'm feeling like garbage, I should remember to just get into music... take a walk... turn the page... instead of going under the covers and hitting the bottom."

I agree, and at the same time, It is amazing how hard that is to just do sometimes. when Ya feel like the walls are caving in... but often that is exactly what needs to be done to break that spiral.

(((also see additional comment below!)))

Toad!

IMHO, You are very correct about the Yin and Yang Money Thang...

and

Jeff!

Wow, I really agree with these thoughts You wrote right here:
~~~~~~~~~
..."But at the end of the day I think the larger truth is that we don't need religion. We don't need fancy gurus, or programs for spiritual wholeness. We are all biologically programmed as "complete beings" ... we come from the factory with a fully stocked toolkit and onboard diagnostics."

"We have to remember to listen to our bodies, and the voice inside. Our inner voice knows us and is usually correct about things. Many (not all, but many) churches and gurus and TV hucksters tend to lead us away from ourselves and all that we already know."

"I think success and happiness in life comes down to knowing yourself, having well defined goals, and understanding that some days you'll be eating the bear - and other days the bear will be eating you - and when he's eating you, to not get crazy about it.
I don't think the secret of life is any more complicated than that. "

~~~~~~~~~~

Good thinking, this keeps it simple,
and wow, No 427 page book to buy
with the mandatory 104 DVD Set Lifetime Program to go with it...
for a small large huge gienormous donation.
*lol*

Simply trying to be good, and staying positive is generally a pretty good head space to be in, too.

Geno

s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 6:38am
The secret is
think it, be it, do it. 
If I can do all 3 I'm a happy guy!

Coolgeorge
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 11:05am
Geno...

May-be this thread should go into Looking Glass, being that it's starting to 'splode over there.  Up to you... lol

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 11:38am
Mixey!!!

Yes, a good idea!

Too funny! I actually meant to post it In Looking Glass in the first place, and in fact thought I was posting it there! *lol*
Pulled a woops!, and realized it later when people started responding.

Sure, let's ask George if he can do his magic and move it to Looking Glass with the other "spiritual & mind" discussion stuff.

Smiles,
Geno
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2008 at 11:44am
Cool Geno.

He'll be back over on Thursday or Friday I think. 

I like this thread!!!

Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 9:12am
    I think the secret that everyone should know about is this place!
        The SoulfulPlanet Village can change your life for the better.
  We have music, laughs, food tips,and all things needed for a fullfilled life!
     The secret this place has, is the PEOPLE, and the management.
 This place is great, and that won't stay a secret very long!
          The best to all secret members, and vistors too!

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 11:00am
LOL Toad. . . That's cool!!!

Mixey
Sue W. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 7:52am

A lot of it is "Positive Thinking 101" ...but what turns me off is the emphasis on money.

The idea that you visualize a bedroom set and it will come to you...ayyyyy I don't know. Most authentically spiritual pursuits I know of don't emphasize a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2008 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Sue W. Sue W. wrote:

A lot of it is "Positive Thinking 101" ...but what turns me off is the emphasis on money.

The idea that you visualize a bedroom set and it will come to you...ayyyyy I don't know. Most authentically spiritual pursuits I know of don't emphasize a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ClapClapClapClapClapClap

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2008 at 7:36am
Something else occured to me when re-reading this thread that I'd missed...

MIXEY wrote:

.... "On the flipside of science, however, is my feeling that science only attempts to explain that which we already know."

Mixey!   Exactly... the true core answers and solutions to problems and deep questions are often ultimately found... deep within ourselves... deep within the core of our being. It seems that with or without help, drugs, science or religion... is this personal find that is the thing... whatever IT is, that actually works.

makes me think of the phrase "Body heal thyself".... more on this later

\\\\\\\\\\\\ F a s i n a t i n g S t u f f //////////

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2008 at 11:40am
Is there really such a thing as "a secret"?

What's meant by that, anyway?  Shouldn't it be called "A Reminder"?

I don't want to spend money to purchase a so-called secret.  I'll fork out hundreds for a reminder, however.  lol

In terms of marketing... it's interesting that a secret will sell more than a reminder. 

Just goes to show how people feel that they are somehow naturally lacking the necessary tools for survival.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 8:13pm
Mixey!

I questioned the same thing... the title... 'The Secret' ...
an excellent title for marketing purposes, obviously, but in a way cheapens the concept that this is something the resides locally within all of us... there to be used when needed to help attract what we need and want and/or want to improve within ourselves.
I agree with You that a more apt title would be one such as yours
"A Reminder", but probably not quite as flashy for the marketing executives... or simply... "The Power Of Positive Thinking", but that was taken by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale in 1952 in a very controversial book of positive thinking with a heavily religious slant, "The Power Of Positive Thinking"- by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale in Wikipedia

My daughter and I have watched the full DVD of "The Secret" together, and it was very good.
Funny thing to walk away with from this experience, is the phrase...

" ... and the Universe says,,, Wish Granted!",

This can get very funny, but at the same time, really make you think about your own "self image" thinking and output, and the "self image" thinking and output of others around you. The examples are endless here and often hysterical if Ya do it like a game show.

For example:

Somebody says:

"Ya know, sometimes I really suck at life," then think, or say... "... and the Universe says,,, Wish Granted!"

Somebody says:

"I usually screw this up" ... ... "and the Universe says,,, Wish Granted!"

Somebody says:

"This time we will do this the right way" ...

Somebody says:

"My life always ends up going this way" .. ... "and the Universe says,,, Wish Granted!"

or

After listening to someone running down a whiney, long laundry list of new things that they would
{i]just never do, or never try, or never even talk about, with limiters, boundaries, schedules and rules around what few things they do take part in, ...and then you hear:

"But i just can't seem to meet new people who are like me" ... "and the Universe says,,, Wish Granted!"

*lol*

or Somebody says:

"I am better than this and won't make this mistake again" ... "and the Universe says,,, Wish Granted!"

... you get the picture.

Mixey, You are correct IMHO,

"A Reminder" indeed.... is what I think this is all about.

Very interesting stuff!!!

Genoooooooo

p.s. SoulfulPlanet is loved by billions worldwide! ... "and the Universe says,,, Wish Granted!"
*lol*

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2008 at 8:33pm
"In terms of marketing... it's interesting that a secret will sell more than a reminder."

No surprise there. Secrets are juicy, tantalizing, and irresistable. Who can resist wanting to know? But a reminder is another matter ... reminders are usually there to tell us that which we forgot (embarrasing), or worse, that which we might happily ignore, or avoid doing. (aggravating) Secret wins, hands down.

"Just goes to show how people feel that they are somehow naturally lacking the necessary tools for survival."

True, that. And a lifetime's cumulative exposure to marketing is to blame! We are constantly barraged by ads, commercials, and resulting trends that suggest to us that without all these things we are lacking. Lagging. Unhip. Not as cool.

Is it any wonder.

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic