Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BOBBY CUTCHINS has soul!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOBBY CUTCHINS has soul!
    Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 2:26pm

Let's give a warm welcome to Soul Singer "BOBBY CUTCHINS" our newest member.

Bobby, it great to have another old soul head hear to talk about the music we love from 'back in the day'. 
I adore all those you cite as your influences, love their voices, as dream said to you, I can hear them in your voice too.
s.s.

"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 2:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 2:36pm
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 3:02pm
I second those emotions, Soul Sister!!

Bobby is a great addition to the SP family.  He's jumping right in and I look forward to learning all about his career and soaking up all the knowledge I know he has.

I hope everyone will visit Bobby's myspace page to hear his new song "Next To Me".  It's a winner for sure.Clap

dream

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 3:04pm
Great addition dream, I dig his song too!!

S.S.
Bobby Cutchins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 3:41pm
Soul Sister,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. All of my "new guy" feelings have disappeared. You have made me feel right at home. Geno was right. He said I'd love it here.

I have loved music and singing for as long as I can remember.  My introduction to music was as a drummer. I would pretend to be tired and suffering from leg cramps in order to get my brother to play drums so I could sing a song or two at our gigs. I got my chance to sing in college when I joined that singing group with the borrowed name...  LMAO! When I finally started to sing I was "Hooked For Life," to paraphrase my good friends, The Trammps. There is nothing like having the crowd responding positively to what you are doing. I feel it more so as a singer than I did as a drummer. I guess it's because you are closer to the audience and the focus is more on you as a singer.

I look forward to meeting everyone that I don't know and to participating in many discussions. I will be on as often as I can. Thanks again, my fellow "planeteers".Wink

Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 8:04pm

BOBBY Cutchins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***LOL***

Yo Bobby!!!!!!
Here I am working non-stop since 5:00pm 'til now 2:50am ...
(((adding all new bongos/conga, tamborines, cow bells, hi-hats, toms and percussion plus a whole new edit and 2008 remastering to "I Did It Again" )))
for the
Gene_Leone_12"_ReMix_2008 of Bobby Cutchins'... "I Did It Again" & "Leaving" ...
...and Y'all are over here having too much fun while I'm workin'!!!!
(((love it!)))

***LOL***

OMG!!!!! Wait till You ALL hear this thing! It's slamming!

(Bobby, I got all the new parts recorded and my hands are a little swollen from beating the hell out of the bongos again tonight ... *lol* this is a very good sign. It's sounding GREAT!
We'll talk tomorrow.... p.s. my idea worked!)

For those of You that might be unaware, I'm adding new tracks and re-mastering these two songs
that Bobby and I recorded together
at Quad Studios together in 1976, This is so cool!

I've been working on them for a while now... and "I Did It Again" is almost ready to be mixed off for 2008... need a little more time before I make final decisions on the new parts.

I'm toast right now... but BOBBY... I'm really GLAD YOU are here with us on SoulfulPlanet!

~BigSmiles~
Geno

...here's one from back in the day...

... and
from the "Next To Me" vocal sessions we just did here a few months ago...

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 9:12pm
Bobby. . .

I'm so glad you've joined us here on Soulful Planet!  The tracks are incredible.  Geno's doing a great job!

Huge welcome & much love,

Mixey
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 3:20am
Geno!!

Good to see you weigh in.  Bobby's been telling us about you in the Corinne Bailey Rae thread.

Great photos.  We're so glad you invited Bobby to join us.  He's a delightful addition to the SP family.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 4:24am
Geno,
Good to see you at the helm, you & Bobby will make beautiful music together!! Love the back in the day photos (how cute Geno!) and the comparisons of today's photos. Great stuff, Geno!!!

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 4:29am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 8:27am

Hi Mixey,

I am glad that I took you and Geno up on your invitation to "The Planet". I feel like I know everybody, although I know I have many more to meet. It has been nothing but fun so far. I am looking forward to the next time already. I will be seeing you. Thanks again.

Smiles,

Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Just feel the music!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2008 at 10:00am
Hi Geno,

I knew we would catch up with each other sooner or later. I also knew that if you weren't here you were working. You don't stop a man from doing what he does best. Boy!!! Am I ever glad that I didn't.

Everybody, I just got off the phone, since I started this message. It was Geno and he played the Gene_ Leone_Mix 12" I Did It Again 2008 and it was awesome. It Is a new song all over again.

I can't wait to see you in eleven days, Geno. I know something good is waiting. I have come to expect that from you.

I'm here and I am not going anywhere. Thanks for inviting me here, for the wonderful track you just played for me and for just being my friend. I don't
mind saying it. You da man!

Mega Smiles ClapBig%20smileBig%20smileClap,

Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Just feel the music!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 4:20pm

Hi Everybody!!!

First of all Soul Sister, Dream, Mixey, Bobby etc...
THANK YOU for starting this thread!!!
(((Truly Bobby Cutchins really is a Great Guy and a Great Friend!)))

Ok UPDATE... I've been working around the clock since my last post above adding new tracks/mixing/mastering and I just got off the phone with Bobby... BECAUSE...

I just got it done! Yup, all new bongos, tamborines, cow bells, hi-hats, GL thunder toms, super sub audio and percussion plus a whole new arrangement 12" edit, mix and 2008 re-mastering on...
Bobby Cutchins - "I Did It Again"/Gene_Leone_Mix 12"ReMix_2008.

And the email with the finished MP3 is on it's way to Bobby as I type this.
It'll be up on his MySpace for everybody to hear it soon... Stay Tuned!

-Bobby's Myspace (Cick here)

I'm exhausted but Happy and Excited about this and i can't wait for everybody to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~BigSmiles~
Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 5:09pm
Everybody Listen Up!!!!

Geno has "Done It Again" to "I Did It Again." It looks to me like 1976 wasn't enough for him. The GL 12" 2008 Mix is bangin'! I am so thrilled but, at the same time, not at all surprised. That's what my friend, Geno, does 'cause "HE BAD"!!!!

I couldn't wait. I posted it on my MySpace Music Site.Go to http://www.myspace.com/bobbysingz
and listen to the number two song in the player, right under "Next To Me." I may have to pull it tomorrow or the next day,so give it a listen. I may just let it stay up.

We are experiencing a severe thunderstorm here so I have to run. I will be back on if the weather permits.

Geno, you are truly THE BEST!! That's all there is to it. Thanks, my friend. I can't wait until the 12th to see what we come up with next.

Giant Smiles,
ClapBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileClap 
Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Just feel the music!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2008 at 12:58am
Bobby and Geno...

The track is awesome!  I love it.  Love the tune.  Very very cool... and what a transformation... WOW!

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2008 at 4:05am
At 10:49am on April 5th, 2008, Dean Cavanagh said…
Hey Bobby, Wow! Great to correspond with you. You're a legend over here in the UK on the Modern Soul scene. "I Did It Again" is an absolute classic. You planning on coming over to the UK soon?
Comment Back   View Thread   Add as friend

Geno, I was just over at Soul Commune, where I have a page, and this comment was waiting to be approved.  This is what the original "I Did It Again"  caused to happen. Can you imagine what is about to happen now? I can't wait to get the new album released with this new version blasting away. You're the best, my friend! Thanks.
Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Just feel the music!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2008 at 11:33am

Hey Everybody!!!

Bobby posted the ReMix on his MySpace page very late last night of...

Bobby Cutchins - "I Did It Again"/Gene_Leone_Mix 12"ReMix_2008

Go listen and tell us what Ya think...okiedokie!

Bobby Cutchins MySpace Page - BobbySingz (click here)

(((( "Leaving" is up on the my GL_Mix bench next here!!! )))
Thanks and MuchLove to All!!!
Genooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2008 at 1:24pm
    Bobby and Gene,
 The re-mix is WAY COOL !! I gave it a listen and You both should be very proud of your collective work. Keep it coming!

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Cutchins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2008 at 1:54pm
Hi Toad,

Thanks for your kind words. I am so excited that I can hardly contain myself. We have always felt that "I Did It Again" was a good tune, but considering what Geno has done to it, I wouldn't be afraid to say it is a great tune now. It is hard to believe that the original was recorded 32 years ago. Geno and I will be  in the studio next week. Wish us luck. We have some good things in store. I am about to name Geno the "Resuscitator" for the way he takes old tunes and breathes new life into them. Anyway, we will be trying our best to keep the good stuff coming. Thanks for all of your support.

Big%20smileWinkSmileTongueClap
TongueSmileWink
Bobby C
If you can't sing, HUM!
Just feel the music!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic