Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comedian / Actor Rudy Ray Moore aka Dolemite!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comedian / Actor Rudy Ray Moore aka Dolemite!
    Posted: Oct 20 2008 at 8:50am
One of my son's Chicago friend from SDF called and said that comedian Rudy Ray Moore has passed, I'm deeply sadden to hear of this. This is a small world we live in and a coincidence. My late uncle George was in the military and was in the same troope with RRM stationed in Texas. When my late uncle told me this he showed me a few pics taken with RRM, and I went out and brought all of his lp's after that. Rudy was a singer and songwriter and guitarist - and also told jokes, you know?? I was wondering has anyone else heard of Rudy Ray Moore's passing. We lost a lot of entertainers this year.

c/o: LarryM

-Don
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2008 at 9:07am
Rudy lived in Akron, Ohio he was 81 years old.

R.I.P. Rudy, thanks for the laughs.

Jimmy & Jeanie Scott
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Don1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2008 at 9:48am
Hi Sis...Don,

I knew Rudy Ray had to be in his 80'S because if my uncle had of been alive today he would've been in his 80'S. Thanks for giving me a one up on Rudy Ray's origins. I may have him once said he was from the big 'O', though it's been a long time. I do have on VHS tape of Rudy called The Legend Of Dolemite - so maybe I'll find out something there, although it's been a while since I last seen it.

- Don
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2008 at 10:00am
Hi Don,
I'm not sure where Rudy was originally from, but he was living in Akron when he passed.

S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2008 at 1:26pm
They say it happens in threes.  JEEEESH, more sad news.Disapprove

My condolences to Mr. Moore's family and friends.

May he Rest In Peace...

dream

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
winetender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2008 at 2:45pm
Rest In Peace Mr. Moore. My condolences to His Family & Friends ~ Nora
Tempt Me!
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2008 at 4:07pm
Its never ending.

Sad news
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic