Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Balls N All
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The Secret Life of Tiger Woods" & etc...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The Secret Life of Tiger Woods" & etc...
    Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 11:34am
On Dateline last night there was a show on called "The Secret Life Of Tiger Woods".

The guy plays golf really well & 

OMG he had a car accident & 
OMG his wife smashed the car window with a golf club & 
OMG he lied to his wife & 
OMG he's been screwing other women & 
OMG now the sponsors left & 
OMG now his wife might leave him &

OMG it's got to be played out in front of the whole world...
like this never happened before... & 
it's the outrage of the century??????

This is a sad story of need vs greed.

I feel really bad for these young people.

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 7:20pm

Tiger Woods ... at the end of the day, he's just another guy ... doing what so many guys do.

Nothing newsworthy about this.

Just more evidence that this sick society we live in loves to pay attention to all the wrong things.

Do yourself, AND the world a favor ... Turn off your TV.

Jeff
Gua1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gua1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Jeff Jeff wrote:

Tiger Woods ... at the end of the day, he's just another guy ... doing what so many guys do.

Nothing newsworthy about this.

Just more evidence that this sick society we live in loves to pay attention to all the wrong things.

Do yourself, AND the world a favor ... Turn off your TV.

Thank you Jeff, well said!!!
Laughter is the music of the soul (Gua's Blog)
QUEENY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEENY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 9:40pm

I agree with all the above. It's no secret, some get caught, some get by, but they wont get away-"PLUS" I guess one can say he's just doing some things with the wrong women. I think  of it as one of those 'I can't help it' kind of things ? (lol) 

He's not the first & definately wont be the last...at the end of the day(after this)>>>>his mind  will be on the hole that will catch his golf ball...Damn he's a good Golfer  (lol)

AINT UNDERSTANDING MELLOW
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 7:04am
               I find it strange that all the attention is
 focused on Tiger and NOT the "Other women" Who....
 1.] Knew he was married
 2.] Knew he had children
 3.] Decided to have an affair with him
 4.]Cashed in on their sin
 5.] Probably seduced him, and not the other way around.
   It takes 2 to tango..folks !
  The young ladies involved in this sordid story are just
 as guilty as Tiger yet the media leaves them alone?
      The number of women attempting to ruin his happy
 home life is relative to his worth, and nothing else.
     How many women would have been in line to
 screw him if he was broke?
     Groupies are one matter, and home wreckers are another. As always...Tiger will lose his ass and the
 home wreckers will cash in. here is no real justice
 in this story..just a lot of people cashing in on a
 young man's hormones. How sick is that?

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
QUEENY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEENY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 10:51pm
Toad, you are so corrrect...but it's like 6 in one hand and 1/2 dozen in the other.The women AND he knew:
 1.]  he was married
 2.] he had children
 3.] Decided to have an affair
 4.]Cashed in on their sin (Thanks to TMZ & Excess Hollywood)
 5.] Probably seduced him, and not the other way around.
   It takes 2 to tango..folks !
PLUS: with his status, of course they were coming out the wood work...and Plus again, his wife should've known that he would be honey to those queen bees (LOL).  He started out as an innocent boy with no experience, then all of a sudden comes fame & fortune and things he never had access to  before and it felt good...and so it was. Maybe he & his (now) wife should've just dated. I mean you know the risks. Not saying I justify what went down, but  usually  when it's convenient,  things happen. My question is, why do these women  think they have to tell everything ? My Lips would've been sealed, while he paid for my Condo- My Car...and My>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I mean Tiger WHO???
I  don't think Tiger Woods' pockets will suffer, maybe just a scrap. Now his wife on the other hand may put a  dent there. Then again he did have a prenuptial agreement before the marriage. That right there should've raised a red flag (lol).

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 4:02am
Tiger was most likely very timid around women, before he became Tiger the Golf God; and unfortunately if that's true, he'll always remember being seen as a geek with women, unless he's winning at golf and has lots of money.

That's a sad situation, because most likely he would have grown out of that geek thing naturally, if he hadn't become famous so young.  I've seen this situation in both men and women, who rise to the top of their game too quickly.

Queeny, my guess is that the women he screwed around with, didn't get any $$$ off of him... and so now... they're blabbing and pissed and wanting to compete with each other for historical position.  They have behaved in a way that speaks to anger and entitlement issues that don't exist in reality.  Lots of pain within everyone involved, especially within his wife, who now is left to wonder if her husband's behavior has compromised her health.

I don't think it's possible to wreck a home that's not already wrecked; so I'm not sure I agree with your idea Toad.  Tiger made an agreement with his wife.  He's the one who broke the agreement.  

Remember when "Fatal Attraction" came out... or when the lyrics came out... "who's makin love to your ol lady... while you're out makin love"?  Scores of people were nervous wrecks.  Lies lies and more lies... need vs greed.  So unnecessary in the grand scope of things.

Mixey
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 10:33am
Hi Everyone,

I just found this.  LOL!!

My thinking is more in line with Mixey.

Tiger is responsible for his relationship with his wife, not the other women.  I often get irritated when other women are called home wreakers or worse and people tend to blame them for marital or relationship breakups.

The truth is another woman or another man cannot break up a good relationship.  The two people involved in the relationship are the responsible parties.  Each of them are responsible for their level of commitment or lack thereof.

We all know celebrities are surrounded by temptation all the time.  In Tiger's case it doesn't look like any of these women were one night stands.  He had long standing relationships with all of them.  The ladies are responsible for getting involved and the pain they may suffer as a result.  Tiger is responsible for lying to all the women including his wife.  He bears more responsiblity for what has happened and the pain he's caused to all concerned than anyone else.  The choices were his to make and he held the power position.

I don't buy into the theory of boys being boys.  Tiger is an adult with free will.  Let the chips fall where they may.

dream 

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Gua1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gua1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by dream207 dream207 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I just found this.  LOL!!

My thinking is more in line with Mixey.

Tiger is responsible for his relationship with his wife, not the other women.  I often get irritated when other women are called home wreakers or worse and people tend to blame them for marital or relationship breakups.

The truth is another woman or another man cannot break up a good relationship.  The two people involved in the relationship are the responsible parties.  Each of them are responsible for their level of commitment or lack thereof.

We all know celebrities are surrounded by temptation all the time.  In Tiger's case it doesn't look like any of these women were one night stands.  He had long standing relationships with all of them.  The ladies are responsible for getting involved and the pain they may suffer as a result.  Tiger is responsible for lying to all the women including his wife.  He bears more responsiblity for what has happened and the pain he's caused to all concerned than anyone else.  The choices were his to make and he held the power position.

I don't buy into the theory of boys being boys.  Tiger is an adult with free will.  Let the chips fall where they may.

dream 

Wheras I don't disagree with most of this, to absolve the ladies of responsibility is a bit much. At the end of the day it takes two people. We can quibble over who had the most responsibility but it takes two. Tiger obviously had/has the most to lose which is evident by what he is losing now. Men do what they do and women do what they do.......at the end of the day all are responsible.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 2:51pm
Hi Gua1,

I don't see where we disagree at all.  I said the women were responsible for getting involved and the pain they might suffer as a result.  I didn''t absolve them at all.  I just believe Tiger is the person most responsible.  He's the one who chose to go after them in the first place. 

What I object to is people's tendency to put all the blame on the other women by calling them names like home wreakers and worse.  They are not responsible for Tiger's actions - he is.

And I say this as a woman who was betrayed by her husband.  I never blamed the other woman for the demise of our marriage.  I blamed us because our relationship was in trouble BEFORE she came on the scene.   In fact, she and I became friends and when he died I was the first person she called from the hospital.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Gua1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gua1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by dream207 dream207 wrote:

Hi Gua1,

I don't see where we disagree at all.  I said the women were responsible for getting involved and the pain they might suffer as a result.  I didn''t absolve them at all.  I just believe Tiger is the person most responsible.  He's the one who chose to go after them in the first place. 

What I object to is people's tendency to put all the blame on the other women by calling them names like home wreakers and worse.  They are not responsible for Tiger's actions - he is.

And I say this as a woman who was betrayed by her husband.  I never blamed the other woman for the demise of our marriage.  I blamed us because our relationship was in trouble BEFORE she came on the scene.   In fact, she and I became friends and when he died I was the first person she called from the hospital.

dream

Ok, I believe that we are agreeing!! I do feel a little sorry for Tiger but as my Mom used to say "You reap what you sow"
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2009 at 4:51pm

Most marital relationships include some definition of a fidelity agreement.  I think it's a shame when one of the two can't communicate what their real feelings are in this area. 

As Dream is saying, and I agree... that's THEIR issue. 

I too had a marrage that involved infidelity.  Our marrage was in trouble due to us... not anyone else.  I knew that in order to stay true to myself, I owed my husband my honest feelings about what I felt was going wrong with our marrage; but when the agreement between us was over... our marrage was over.  I'm with Tiger's wife on ending it.  Trust is important in a marrage.  If that's not there... what's the point of continuing in the same situation?  At least maybe they'll move forward towards a more healthy interaction with each other, with the children in mind 1st, hopefully.

When a man or a woman become involved with someone who's actively breaking an agreement with a marital partner, I wonder why they'd want to be involved with that person... but I don't look at it as though they're aiding in a hurtful activity.  I just wonder what the attraction is.  Why would someone be attracted to someone who is untrustworthy? 

There has to be a reason to be involved with a married person, because there can't be simply complete attraction to that person, knowing they're capable of screwing over someone else.

As far as men or women being able to be lured away from marital bliss, by the Vixen or Adonis of the universe... can't happen... not if love truly exists.  The respect and trust would speak louder than anything else. 

The women in Tiger's life may or may not know why they were willing to be in a relationship with him.  It would be a good idea for some soul searching to go on all the way around.

Mixey
QUEENY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEENY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 1:33am

AMEN Mixey

My ex-Husband cheated on me and instead of me trying to make things right,  I ended up cheating on him in retaliation and I ended up  divorcing him. The worst thing was, at the time, we had 3 children (now adults) and it was a bit hard on them...but all thruogh that hardship, I was explaining to them that we both loved them & they had nothing to do with our problem. I never spoke against their father to them and I never kept them away from him.
He & I ended up to be best of friends 'til this day.
We learn from our mistakes and as you stated, the outsiders didn't help the situation at all, and neither did I.
In Tiger Woods' case,  (he thought with the wrong head) (lol) he  is high a profile athelete & he had a lot to offer, fame & Fortune.
I think I would've just dated him for a while. Money & Honey has a way of drawing the "B"s (lol)...and those "B"'s don't give a hoot about the spuose & the children's outcome.
True love never faulters, it maybe tempted, but it wont stray.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic