Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Feeling The View
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The OSCARS are TONIGHT 5pm Pacific 8pm Ea - Event Date: Feb 22 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:02pm
Drumming / Dancing / Singing

OSCAR 20...

BEST SONG

"Jai Ho"... "Slumdog Millionaire"

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:08pm
That's the second mention of Shaft I've heard tonight Toad,  lol

I agree Geno.  I like the way they're doing the sets for musical production here better.  Larry Gold is pissed I'm sure.

OSCAR 21...

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

"Departures"... Japan

Mixey

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:10pm
       I'm beginning to think this is the slum dog
 millionaire show.... Ya think?

Best foreign film...Japanese   Berry Berry cool !
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:16pm
Commercials...

telephones & cars

Queen Latifah now... in a different dress (royal blue) than she had on the red carpet (dark blue)... singing... "I'll remember you in all the old familiar places"... paying tribute to artists who are no longer with us.  ... I'm stressing on breath control.

Mixey

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:18pm
It's the Slumdog / Button show. Thax you berry much.

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:19pm
I hear Ya, Mixey & Toad!

I'm jumping back and forth between Delmar's Show on PressureRadio and having the Oscars on the tube... muted on/mute off. *LoL*
Also... Delmar just said Hi on the air again,
to all of The SoulfulPlanet Family!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:23pm
Reese Witherspoon...
She has on a beautiful blue dress that's draped with some paratrooper strapping over her shoulders.

OSCAR 22...

BEST DIRECTOR

Danny Boyle... "Slumdog Millionaire"

Toad... step away from the firehose... step away from the firehose. Smile

Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:35pm
   Kate looks like a million bucks !
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:36pm
Thank you Delmar!
Thank you Geno too!

I really like the way they are paying tribute to all!

OSCAR 23...

BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE

Kate Winslet... "The Reader"

She's trying not to faint... and she says she used to make this speech to the shampoo bottle when she was 8 years old.  lol
Good grief... she's AMPED!  OMG! Clap
Mixey 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:38pm

YUP!!!!!!!!!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:49pm
OSCAR 25...

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE

Sean Penn... "Harvey Milk"
OMG... He's shaking... JEEZ... but he got through it.

Now Steven Speilberg... tribute the Best Pictures...
Mixey 
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:53pm
OSCAR 26...
BEST MOTION PICTURE

I always am confused by this, because after they pull them all apart, isn't it just math at this point?

Let's see... dah... "Slumdog Millionaire"?

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:53pm

"Slime Dog Millionaire" *LoL* ... again errr... "Slumdog Millionaire"! *LoL* ........easy, Toad!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:55pm
Well Golly... It's

"Slumdog Millionaire"

What a surprise.  lol

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:57pm
They are showing upcoming movies.

I want to see "The Soloist"

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:59pm
Mixey,
I just invited everybody over to this thread in PressureRadio Chat with Delmar... to see who won what!

Welcome PressureRadio Family!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 10:03pm
OK...

I'm toast.  Time for bed.  Talk with you guys later.

Night night. Sleepy

Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 10:03pm
   I guess Angelina and Brad are now " so over"....

The chances of me watching "Slumdog" are as remote
 as being elected the King of England.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 11:10am
IMO ...

That was the best Oscars "Show" in decades! KUDOS to the Production Designer. So many things that were done to break away from the same old same old ... numerous (and intricate!) set changes ... all the live song and dance ... SEEING THE ORCHESTRA PLAY ClapClapClap ... bringing out previous Oscar winning actors to introduce each nominee and their film role. All great ideas.

Hugh Jackman also deserves kudos. I thought he turned in a great performance himself. He struck a good balance between comedy (not too much, and not too stupid) and showmanship (surprisingly more than usual).

But I came away thinking the Academy Jury was swayed by sentimentality with regard to the awards heaped on Slumdog Millionaire. What is up with that?

I haven't seen this film yet, but I have seen some of the others and was rather surprised at most of the post-production related awards going to Slumdog Millionaire. I may change my mind after having seen S.M ... but in the meantime I will reflect on the reality that the Academy Awards Jury "Process" is down to human beings ... whose viewpoints are subjective, and informed by their own creative and political biases.

It was nice to see Sean Penn, Kate Winslet, and Penelope Cruz win. They're all extremely talented actors, each with a substantive body of work they can be proud of. All were worthy.
Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 2:18pm
Agreed, Jeff!

i was multi-tasking through all of the show... and posting here with Mixey & Toad ... AND I came away with the very distinct impression that Oscar show producers were really trying to return to getting shows like this really "right"...
- what audio I heard was banging...
- set design was great...
- and the atmosphere much more personal, intimate and real...
rather than that 'over the top flashing lights stadium cattle herd bull crap' vibe that has gotten so old on many of these televised awards shows.

SEEING THE ORCHESTRA actually PLAYING REAL MUSIC LIVE did wonders for my soul.
And a nice portion of recognition to the MUSIC, DANCE, SOUND, EDITING, MIXING 'face time' coverage right along with everything else that one would expect at the Oscars was refreshing...
AWESOME!

I hope the GRAMMY people took notice!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not seen ANY of these Movies yet... and this show made me want to do that!!! Again...
I hope the GRAMMY people took notice!!!!!!!!!!!

Could there be hope, kids?
Let's hope!
~Geno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic