Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Writer's Journal > The Green Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The GREEN Game #1 St. Patrick's Day Week 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The GREEN Game #1 St. Patrick's Day Week 2009
    Posted: Mar 17 2009 at 12:11am
Hello Soulful Planet Members! 
Happy St. Patrick's Day Week!

S. P. A. T. and I are introducing  "The GREEN Game".

From Tuesday March 17 until Sunday March 22...
Post here on The Green Game event thread & anywhere in Soulful Cities, and we will send you an official Soulful Planet Starter Kit in the mail.  

Soulful Cities has all of the makings of a great archive of wonderful information about music around the world... but we have to contribute to it.  That means me too

There's nothing about my home city of San Diego in there yet.  OMG!  Embarrassed Shame on me! 

Please let us know about music where you live in a thread that starts with the name of your city. If one doesn't exist there yet, please start one.  You can use "Search" to find your city, if you don't want to scroll down the pages.

A few of our members have contributed enormously already in Soulful Cities.  You know who you are.  I'm very thankful already to you ClapClapClapClapClap; but for the sake of a starting point, the official Kudo Stamps start now.

When Green Game events appear, Kudo Stamps will accumulate and act like "green stamps" (some of you may remember them - stamps to buy stuff).  You can cash the Kudo Stamps in for items from our Soulful Planet Store. Our store, which will only accept Kudo Stamps, will be open soon. 

You don't need the Kit to participate and accumulate Kudo Stamps.  We will keep an accounting here too; but if you'd like the kit, please send us your mailing address at SoulfulPlanet@aol.com 

All addresses will remain private.  We will not share your information with anyone. 

Thank you in advance for your participation.
Much Love & Kudos Already for the past, present & future.

Sincerely,

Mixey &
S. P. A. T.
Your Soulful Planet Administration Team
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2009 at 12:22am
Here on The Green Game...

We are going to write a story.

One sentence per post... and wait until someone else adds a sentence, before adding another of your own.

On Sunday, when the story is finished, we'll post it in Writer Journal all together.

Have fun!!  Smile

Mixey &
S. P. A. T.

The name of the story is "Godiva & Eddie"
The first sentence is...

Godiva sang lead and Eddie played guitar.

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2009 at 12:41am

Godiva is clearly a hot babe... of course... who loves clothing optional beaches...
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2009 at 3:55am
LOLLOLLOL Geno you're a nut.  OK...

Eddie is very shy and reserved off stage, a true professional and master of his craft.

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2009 at 6:08am
Every man who looked at Godiva wanted her, so Eddie felt he didn't stand a chance.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2009 at 6:33am
    Even with Godiva's stunning looks, their paying
 gigs were hard to come by..few and far between.
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2009 at 7:18am
A booking agent wanted to represent them only because he thought Godiva was hot.... Eddie was caught between a rock and a hard spot.

S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2009 at 2:13pm
And so it was, as I witnessed this sad, but all too familiar a situation, that I found myself driven to invest my own hard earned savings in their musical career.
InTheWoods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheWoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2009 at 5:57pm

I could have cooked myself over an open fire and enjoyed myself but I selected to feed on problem solving.

haha cheers! Coolgeorge Thumbs%20Up
"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkein
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2009 at 6:38pm
George!!! CoolCoolCoolCoolCool
LOVE YOU Hug MISS YOU

Mixey &
S. P. A. T.
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2009 at 8:37pm
Hey George,
  We love & miss you.  Hope your enjoying the woods because it's almost mosquito time, lol, lol!!!

Peace, Love, & Blessings,Cool
S.S.   
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 9:05am
GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cool

We so miss you around here.  I know you have your new life now and as a Mainer (where we have lots of woods) I'm proud of you.  Black fly season is almost upon us and we even get them in the city where I live.  Then those pesky mosquitos.  I wonder who has bigger ones - Maine or California.  LOL!!

Hope you'll say Hi to us from time to time.

dream

PS - ever see any of these???

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Sorry, couldn't resist!!  Hope you're having a wonderful time, George.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2009 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by M I X E Y M I X E Y wrote:

And so it was, as I witnessed this sad, but all too familiar a situation, that I found myself driven to invest my own hard earned savings in their musical career.

Mixey,  I must admit this stumped me.  I love the idea of the story, but I can't think of anything to follow this.  Who is "I"??  Is it Godiva?  Eddie?

Of course, we got a little off track here with George, too.LOL

dream
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2009 at 5:41pm

LOL Dream!  I think I turned into a thread killer. LOL

I thought that turning it into a first person account would make it interesting... sort of like a person who gets sucked into that world, with no understanding of the music business, but wanting to help... and then... whatever happens. 

George has it going the direction of the mysterious "I" getting barbequed.  lol which is kind of interesting too.

Here's another sentence...

I should have listened to my wife, who was trying to be suportive, even though she seriously was worried that I'd lost my mind, and we'd lose our whole savings.

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2009 at 10:34pm

Yes, but even with the potential loss of entire savings funds, the thought kept coming back like an iron boomerang in a magnet warehouse, 'Godiva is clearly a hot babe, who loves clothing optional beaches' ... the path was becoming clear as mud in a sideways rain, throw caution to the wind and get this "Godiva & Eddie" act to an exotic beach for the big marketing debut video shoot... but then, suddenly...   

AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2009 at 3:56am

This story could actually go somewhere pretty interesting... or maybe in a dung pile.  I'm not sure which. 

Thanks,
Mixey &
S. P. A. T.

1,000 Green Game #1 kudo stamps go to:

Heart Geno
Heart Dream
Heart Soul Sister
Heart Toad
Heart George  

Thank you for indulging me in this madness.  I appreciate your continuing contributions in Soulful cities too. 

I know it sounds nuts, but we'll revive the Green Game every so often. Until then, it'll be closed. 

This is our story so far:

"Godiva & Eddie"

Godiva sang lead, and Eddie played guitar.

Godiva is a hot babe... of course... who loves clothing optional beaches.

Eddie is very shy and reserved off stage, a true master of his craft.

Every man who looked at Godiva wanted her, so Eddie felt he didn't stand a chance.

Even with Godiva's stunning looks, their paying gigs were hard to come by, few and far between.

A booking agent wanted to represent them only because he thought Godiva was hot... Eddie was between a rock and a hard spot.

And so it was, as I witnessed this sad, but all too familiar situation, that I found myself driven to invest my own hard earned savings in their musical career.

I could have cooked myself over an open fire and enjoyed myself but I selected to feed on problem solving.

I should have listened to my wife, who was trying to be supportive, even though she seriously was worried that I'd lost my mind, and we'd lose our whole savings.

Yes, but even with the potential loss of entire savings funds, the thought kept coming back like an iron boomerang in a magnet warehouse, 'Godiva is clearly a hot babe, who loves clothing optional beaches' ... the path was becoming clear as mud in a sideways rain, throw caution to the wind and get this "Godiva & Eddie" act to an exotic beach for the big marketing debut video shoot... but then, suddenly...  

I like it! Smile
Mixey &
S. P. A. T.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic