Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General > Geek Bucket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Apple i PAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Apple i PAD
    Posted: Apr 11 2010 at 5:32pm
I just got Mom an Apple i PAD 64. 

She likes to read a lot and it's small enough to carry around like a book... and you can easily search on topics while you read, without having books all over the table, which is Mom's MO.  Smile

You may wonder... so what's wrong with a laptop for this?  Believe me it's waaaay different.  It's not something that would replace a laptop.  You wouldn't want to type a whole lot on an i PAD, although it's much better than typing on a cell phone. 

The i PAD is excellent for searching the net while traveling... or in the house, when you don't feel like propping up or carrying around a laptop.

It's more convenient in a physical since to use than a laptop or a phone, to share pictures or you tubes with friends and family... like having a photo album on your coffee table. 

Really good for looking at Soulful Planet too! Thumbs%20Up

It's excellent for playing computer games with children!!  There are so many apps it's amazing!  The instant orientation feature is very cool.  The screen adjusts to whatever way it's handed to someone so that it's always facing in a readable way, either in portrait or landscape.  It just does it automatically. 

Seriously there are many uses for this... for people just messing around to serious business applications and differing communication ideas.

You may want to check it out and see if something about it can make your life easier. 

At the end of the month Apple is coming out with an i PAD that replaces the current WiFi capability with a universal network plan (AT&T... YUCK!), more like the i Phone, so you can use the i PAD in areas where there's no WiFi availability.  Of course it'll cost about $20.-$30. / month.  The WiFi is good enough for what Mom is using this for; and who wants to get locked into another monthly service fee, unless it can replace a cell phone, which unless you're on Skype... it can't. 

Being that you can check e-mails and send replies and file with this, easier than a on a phone and with less concern than traveling with a laptop, I think it might be better for me, when I go on business trips. 

I'll see how it's working for Mom and then figure out if it's worth it for me to get one too.  At this point, I'm doing more than ok with what I have with my laptop and cell phone... My whole studio isn't hooked up and working yet afterall... and it's been how long??? Wacko

This guy explains the i PAD well.

Mixey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic