Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Memorial
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*TEDDY PENDERGRASS*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEENY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *TEDDY PENDERGRASS*
    Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 12:06am
Has anyone heard lately that Teddy Pendergrass was extremely ill  ?
AINT UNDERSTANDING MELLOW
Delmar Browne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delmar Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 8:29am
Here's the excerpt from EUR Web:

August 11, 2009

*Legendary R&B singer/songwriter Teddy Pendergrass is thankful for the support of fans since being hospitalized for what is described as a health crisis.

The 59-year-old entertainer, who has been staying at Bryn Mawr Hospital in Philadelphia for about a month, recently found himself at the center of rumors that involve him being close to death.

Pendergrass and his wife, Joan, spoke out about the gossip while expressing his appreciation to fans for their concern. 

"I wish to thank my fans for their prayers, concerns and love," the Kingstree, South Carolina native said in a statement. "While I have faced recent health challenges, I am in the care of my wonderful doctors, wife Joan and family."

According to reports, the nature of Pendergrass' illness is not publicly known.

Although he understands the curiosity of his fans, the Grammy-nominated vocalist requests that “you respect our privacy."

"Do know that I'm looking forward to continuing my work at the Teddy Pendergrass Alliance to help people with spinal cord injuries," he added.

Pendergrass’ current health issues mark the latest chapter in the singer’s saga surrounding his physical well-being. In 1982, he was involved in a life-changing automobile accident that left him paralyzed from the waist down with limited use of his arms after sustaining damage to his spinal cord.

Since the accident, the singer has worked with the Spinal Cord Injury Association to help those suffering from spinal chord injuries. Pendergrass briefly returned to the stage a year after announcing his retirement from the music business in 2006 to celebrate his music career, acknowledge the impact of his auto accident and thank fans for helping him at an event called "Teddy 25: A Celebration of Life, Hope & Possibilities."

www.facebook.com/delmar.browne
www.twitter.com/DelmarBrowne
www.soundcloud.com/delmarbrowne

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 12:03pm
Queeny...

May I have S. P. A. T. move this to Music General??

Thanks Delmar for the information.  Geno's on the phone with me now... with no internet... He's in the middle of the storm... and he can't look up the name or info on the storm, because he has no internet.  Smile

Hope Teddy gets well soon.  Love him so much!

Mixey

QUEENY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEENY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:18pm
Do whatever you have to do Mixey- Sorry I'm just getting to this thread.
QUEENY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEENY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 4:18am
I remember starting this thread late last year and now unfortunately, Teddy Pendergrass did pass away On Wednesday evening January 13, 2010. Strength & peace to his family.

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 11:02am
Hi Queeny,

Yes, Last night, Soul Sister reported this sad news in the thread:

Topic: SAD & HEARTBREAKING NEWS....

and we have been posting quite a bit there in memory of Teddy.

This is all so sad.
~Gene
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic