Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Balls N All
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Superbowl!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gua1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2009 at 8:57pm
Great Game, kept me on the edge of my seat!!!!

Go Steelers!TongueTongue
Laughter is the music of the soul (Gua's Blog)
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 6:27am
This was an awesome way to begin their world tour!

Bruce Springstein & The E Street Band at Halftime... Glory Days

and of course commercials...

SoBe commercial, with Thriller in the background... lol

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 1:23pm
I thought Bruce did a fine job. He was so pumped he almost hurt himself on that one knee slide he did ... too much momentum! Ran into the camera! lol

As for David Sancious, I believe he is currently supplying his unique brand of musical octane to the current Jeff Beck Tour band ... Jeff on guitar, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass, Vinnie Colaiuta on drums, and David on keys. Found a scratchy tour photo on somebody's webpage and it looks like David's relying solely his Motif 6...

Anyway ... pretty exciting finish to the game, eh? The Steelers would not be denied on that last drive; unbelievable catch by Holmes! The Steelers deserved to win.

As for the commercials ... no knockout blows, IMO. Some cleverness and chuckles but nothing incredible. I get a laugh out of those talking babies myself.

Go Phillies ... spring training's right around the corner! Big%20smile

Jeff
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 1:23pm
MIXEY!

Yes! The SoBe Spot is a GREAT! "recycled" spot... one of my favs from any Superbowl ever...

and then there was this "Classic"... banned from 2 years ago...

Go Daddy full version banned from Superbowl XXXIX

*LoL*
~Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2009 at 6:20pm
OMG!

JEFF!!!!! We posted at exactly the same time earlier this afternoon... and i didn't see Your post above until just now *LoL*!

Excellent... I was waiting to get Your take on all things "SuperBowl" too...

yes... Bruce "threw his guitar" in the beginning and the roadie that caught it almost killed himself on a stage monitor... yup, Bruce was pumped!

Ah Ha! So that's what David Sancious has been up to!

also I agree about the commercials ... some amusing... some funny, but no huge "creative knock outs"... and in fact... if anybody missed them or cares to see the spots that aired...

Well, here they are... like every one of them:

The Super Bowl Commercials - ALL OF THEM...

- ALL OF THEM listed on MySpace (Click The Pic)

Ok Everybody... lemmie hear about some...
"oh yeah, one of my favorites"
and/or
"oh that one just sucked!"
*LoL*
~Geno

p.s. YES...come on Spring and Go Phillies! too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2012 at 10:19pm
Super Bowl 2012 Halftime Show!!!

i did not watch the game, but i did want to see the Madonna Half Time Show... and this version just popped up on YouTube...

the Audio is a little wierd... but in this case... who cares...
THIS SHOW WAS FREAKIN" AWESOME!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNni83vk6X0

I'm sure that this video will probably only be up for a few days
before they yank it down... so enjoy it for right now!

Wow!!! Madonna You and Everyone involved with this Show...
Kicked Ass!!!

~Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2012 at 12:51am
And of course...
a few of the
Super Bowl 2012 Commercials!!!

The "Starwars Theme Song" Woofage...

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2012 at 10:12am
I did watch the game and thought it was one of the best and most exciting games I've ever seen.  Good team and quarterback matchup. 

We had a lot of fun yesterday on Facebook using Jive Five and other song titles expressing our friendly rivalry.  I was rooting for the Pats, and lots of Giants fans came in to join the fun.  There's nothing like the Boston/NY sports rivalries. Smile

I thought Madonna did well for Madonna, but I've never cared for her vocals.  I'm sure she was lip syncing anyway. It was great visual TV - a real spectacle, and my favorite part was with Ceelo Green.   The one who REALLY did well IMHO was Kelly Clarkson singing the national anthem.  That girl has the pipes and she did the song justice. 

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic