Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2010 at 6:56pm
OMG!!! Nora,
I was wondering how You were doing down there, and You have had NO POWER since FRIDAY... Jeez!!!
It's waaay to cold for that.

And Yes, the next snow storm is scheduled to blow thru in less than 24 hours from right now.
Weather updates are calling for another 12 to 20 inches here in PA, and this time a little less snow for South Jersey... but higher winds for both of us. Not good.

Hang in there, keep warm and keep us posted.
~Geno

Weather closes government offices a second day - (Reuters)

Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:11pm EST
" WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal government agencies in the capital region will remain closed for a second day on Tuesday as residents brace for another blizzard while trying to clean up from a weekend storm that paralyzed the area with two feet of snow.

U.S.
       Another big winter storm was expected to hit the U.S. mid-Atlantic from about noon/1700 GMT on Tuesday and last through Wednesday, the National Weather Service forecast on Monday. Projected snowfall ranged from 10 to 20 inches, it said.

The potentially crippling new storm was expected to hit other big cities along the East Coast, including Baltimore and Philadelphia, that are still digging out and extend into New Jersey and New York. ... ... "
(continued here)

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2010 at 8:27pm
      Geno,
   Supposed to get a foot in Detroit starting Tuesday
 at noon. I'm goin' grocery shoppin' before the stuff
 blows in ! I don't have to dig out the car, cause It's
 gone to the re-cycler.I'll be checking out the storm
 through my picture window...eatin' like a fool.
 LoL,
 toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 7:00pm
Geno...
It was fun breaking your chops on the phone a few hours ago. 

After hearing how he shoveled snow at several residences, I told him I had pulled a muscle in my back... probably from working on the swim spa.  lol... and there's a little rain here... lo lol

Stay warm Geno and Nora and Toad and Dream!

You all get to get back at me during earthquakes and fire season! Thumbs%20Up

Mixey

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 11:11am
WEDNESDAY Feb 10, 2010 - BLIZZARD!
(((*LoL*@ MIXEY! I hear Ya!!! Keep swimming out there, will YA, and please send us some Southern California SUN!!! *LOL*))) xoxo's too!

Ok... here we are today, Wednesday... 1:00pm Update,
from good old snowed in D'Street,
smack dab in the middle of yet another
massive ice, snow storm, blizzard, Nor'Easter...
with the snow piling up here with no place left to pile it, I'm not kidding.
And please note the wires in this shot...
These wires are MY phone and internet wires, ice covered in snow and more ice and more snow!!! Yikes!!!
Not sure how much longer power will hold up... it's supposed to snow for another 12 hours here just like this, but with much higher winds and white out, blizzard conditions tonight. Joy!

And wow. this was bizarre ... I was just out there shoveling again, and out of NOWHERE... there was a blinding flash of light and a huge 'blasting' sound above my head. It sounded like a freight train or a jet about to fall thru the dense falling snow from above above.
(((No kidding I ducked and dove for the ground.)))
Well, it was what I least expected...
it was a lightning strike and huge thunder clap.
Yup... Thunder Snow!
And it Scared the hell out of me too being that close.
This is just bizarre winter weather going on!
Jeez! I'm indoors for a while.
~Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 12:19pm
Here's more "almost live" shots of the snow mayhem from here at D'Street... Wednesday 2:00pm:

\

~Time to Hibernate for the Winter, Again! *LoL*
Much Love To All,
Geno
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 12:27pm
       Geno, All that snow piled up on your SUV made it look like a cube van ! I will pray your Power don't get
 whacked off. Sterno and candles SUCK !
        I have seen storms like yours in Michigan...
 more than once. I had a snow drift near my house
 that was over twenty feet high. Blocked the road
 for 4 days untill the county knocked it down. That
 was in the late seventies. Got a foot on the ground
 in Detroit right now, and thats all the snow I want
 to see untill spring. I bet you wish you only had a foot,
 and not 2 yards.Big%20smile
 Looks like the roof on your birdhouse might cave in !
   Stay warm my Brother !
 toad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 12:38pm
Hi Toad!!!
Speaking of "Roof"...

The news is saying that the roof at a Walmart down in South Joisey
just caved in earlier today from the snow load...

I wonder if Nora is still without power, down there near the shore, too.

Still snowing here like hell here in PA with occasional Thunder, too.
~Geno
winetender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 2:49pm
 No power yet, & with this storm, it's not looking good. We went to that Walmart this morning & didn't know why it was closed till we saw the news. Is Spring soon?
Tempt Me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 3:08pm
Update!!! Trees overwhelmed with snow here! Trees falling on power lines and phone wires all around us... I caught a tree fall on video cam...

Marty and i got in to the 4 wheel drive with video cameras to head up the road to see what was going on. It's now "white out" blizzard conditions.
We could oly make it to the top of the hill... huge trees falling up there... got out to shoot some footage... i was shooting footage of Marty shooting with his cam.. and SNAP.,,, a huge chunk of a tree came crashing down right near where he was standing. YIKEs... we turned around and headed back here. It's like NOTHING I have ever seen in my life out there right now.

No way we'll have power for much longer here... hitting send. wish us luck.
~ Geno

5:00pm shot...
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 3:21pm
Geno & Nora...
Mom and I are watching it all here on TV. 
Geno, they just showed Wayne, PA and snowblowers on steroids!
I wonder how Jeff is doing?  Has anybody heard from him?
Geno... I'm concerned about your deck holding all of that weight!!!
Nora... I'm glad you wern't in that Wal-Mart when the roof collapsed!!  OMG!!!
Thunder snow... JEEZZZZZZZZZZZ! 
How are Ann and Jess doing?  What about your dad and Steve?  Are they all ok? Marty... Jill... & everybody???  All ok???  I just tried to call you and the phone lines are jammed.

Mixey

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 4:56pm
Geno called and told me everyone is ok.  As we were talking, his lights started blinking, and we decided to hang up, so he could microwave some food in a hurry, in case the lights went out.  A few minutes later, he called back... He and Marty just lost power.

Geno said they have options for heat at least... gas, etc.  They also have lots of batteries for light... candles, etc. 

... Mom said she just heard on the weather channel that there's snow continuing through the night.  The storm is moving towards Pittsburg now.

Zappa... Don't Eat the Yellow Snow... Smile
This whole concert is up on youtube, by the way.  It was pretty incredible and insane too.  lol

Stay warm everybody.  More updates to come.

Mixey

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 7:52pm
         Talked to Geno....
  He is now in survival mode, but Is warm and sounds
 in real good spirits. It may be a while before we hear from him, from what he told me. It's the biggest
 storm OF ALL TIMES in his region of Philly. YIKES !
    At least he has heat, and a way to cook food....
      We will all pray Geno gets through this freak
 storm !
  LOL,
 toad
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 10:53pm
Glad you spoke to Geno Toad! Is it snowing in Detroit too now?

Nora... Your post caused me to look for videos of the Jersey shore.
This was 4 days ago.  I can imagine what it's like now!!
Where in Jersey do you live (Wildwood... Cape May?)  Hope you and your friend are ok... and I hope your power comes back on soon!
Hope Jeff and his family are ok too.  I just saw a video of Devon, PA.  OMG!  ... and I used to live in Berwyn.  JEEZ!  I sort of feel bad for Mom.  She's here in Southern CA to be near me; but I know she misses the snow storms from PA a little.

Geno... Have you talked to Ruthie?  Hope she's ok too!
Hope your power comes on soon.  I'm going to try calling you again now.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 11:06pm

Just rings... and doesn't go to messaging Genoooooooooo!  Where is you? Smile

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 11:57am
MIXEY, TOAD, NORA & Hi EVERYBODY!!!
POWER is back on here!
Internet is Back
Cable is back
Yeah!!!
and Landline Phone line worked 'mostly' through it all.

Wow, what a difference a day makes...

Going from this...

To this...

And after 45+ inches of SNOW in less than 5 days,
This at 31 looks almost like Summer to me right now!
~*LoL*
Break out the Hammock!!!
More Later,
Geno

p.s. No new snow expected until 4 days from right now... then we get more
& Mixey, *LoL* about the Frank Zappa yellow snow reminder, too!
and
p.s.s. New Winter Records:

Philadelphia is now up to 71.6 inches of snow so far this year... (read here)

"...I am absolutely amazed with the snowfall totals so far this winter in the Mid-Atlantic states. Philadelphia is now up to 71.6 inches of snow so far this winter, which is some 60 inches above average!! Baltimore has received 80 inches of snow so far this winter, which is almost 68 inches above average!! Washington, DC has received 55.9 inches of snow so far this winter and this is 45.5 inches above average."...
"...As of this morning, Caribou, (Maine) has received 57 inches of snow so far this winter. This is about 16 inches below average... "

and...

Snowfall in the East busting records, and more is on the way
(Read Here)

and...

"... reports suggest sales of shovels, road salt, groceries, and alcohol are up,.."

*LoL* Really!

Hibernate till Summerrrrrrr gets here...

(click and hit "Play" to warm up *lol*)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 7:32pm

Yes Mixey, I live in Wildwood. Still no power,but we took a ride over the bridge today & they're going street by street. There were electric trucks at both ends of my street; one replacing a broken pole & transformer that was on the ground. There was too much snow at the other end to get down there. Hopefully I'll have power tomorrow. Luckily I have friends that live off-shore & have power. One came & rescued me  2 other friends. At least we're having fun, it's like a long pajama party. A whole lot of people are still at shelters. I really can't wait for Spring ~ Nora Cool

Tempt Me!
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2010 at 11:10pm
Hi Mixey...

I'm still alive in Devon... just overwhelmed with work. And lately, snow removal. 

Hasn't been a good week. You've all seen the snow and the aftermath. Geno and I live fairly close; you can just look at Geno's pics and see how much snow I got. Same story 'round my place... Big trees down on our property, been without power at home on and off over a couple of days, and death by shoveling and snow removal. I just didn't have the heart to photograph any of it this time around. 

I HATE February. It's the bleakest month of them all. I struggle with this time of year, I really do. The low-grade level of depression I normally deal with really ramps up and I feel markedly hostile, intolerant, and anti-social. This year it's been hard to stay mentally positive... lately I've just felt like keeping my mouth shut and avoiding people. A big, prolonged dose of warm, springtime weather is the best remedy but we're a long way away from that yet. And more snow is due to arrive in a week's time, they say... Dead

Jeff
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 9:06am
WOW, you all have been through it!!  Now snow all over Texas, Alabama and even in Pensacola, Fla.

I guess I'll stay in Maine.  We've had two storms this Winter.  We haven't had a flake of snow for over three weeks and there's none in sight for the next week.  Bright sunny days and I can see some bare ground on my lawn. 

Good luck Geno, Nora et all.  You're having an interesting Winter to say the least!!

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 3:44am
Nora...  I have fond memories of Wildwood.  I'm glad you and your friends are having a pj party!! 

Jeff... I really understand and remember so well what it's like back east in February... and poor Mom had to drive me to ice skating in Ardmore from Berwyn every mornig before school in the snow and such.  We had a little Corvair Monza, which had a rather large engine for a little car, and we spun out a couple of times. I think I mentioned this in another post somewhere.   Mom was a good snow driver.  Dad was too.  Me... well... windshield wipers on a Karmann Ghia don't do that well to get rid of blizzard snow, while driving... and my door lock kept freezing and I couldn't get into the car without shooting alcohol into the keyhole... Gin peferably. Smile

How about we all have a studio/spa party out here next February??  I'm putting in an 18 foot round petal spa outside... and there are a lot of other things to do too, if soaking isn't your thing.  The studio should be finally done by then... one would hope... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm serious... Nora... you can bring your PJ party out here next Feb and help me get my bar together.

Geno... you can help me get the board working right.  I'm sure I'll have had enough time to really screw things up by then.  Marty can document how bad it is.  Jill and Bret can come... and... OMG there will be a baby by then!!

Toad... you can help re-introduce me to the fabulous instruments you made for me... and we can cook up some fixin's.

Dream & Soul Sister... what do you thnk about this???  It'd be really nice to meet you and all of our members who have hung in here.  This has been a particularly difficult year for me, and a lot of the plans for SP have been on hold... but have not been forgotten. 

I appreciate all of you.  It can be a Soulful Planet appreciation party week.

Jeff... Thinking about how close next February is... lol... guess what... spring is very very close!  Maybe you and Maggie could come out next Feb and thaw out... and jam!

I'm serious guys... what do you think about a party out here next Feb?  Or maybe there's a better time??? 

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2010 at 7:45pm

Hey Mixey, sounds good to me. Smile  I finally got power back last night & phone, cable & internet late today. I don't need to see another snowflake for a very long time. It's good to be home ~ Nora Clap

Tempt Me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic