Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 11:09am
Mt. Abram in Bethel...

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 11:12am
Saddleback Mountain in Rangeley...

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 11:14am
Remember what fun this was growing up with our sleds??

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 11:16am
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 11:17am
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 5:08pm
Wonderful!!!

I grew up outside of Philadelphia. . . so I'm well aquatinted with the seasons. It was a great place to grow up. You have to make preparations. You have to THINK!!!

Out here in San Diego. . . you can be homeless with a view of the ocean. . . and life is good (unless your tent burns up every 20 years or so).

I hear you Misty. I too moved west because I like warm weather. San Diego actually does have seasons; and I enjoy them. If I want snow. . . it's a short drive to the mountains. However, it's not the same kind of snow as back east.

I love that old photo of the sleds Dream. It reminds me so much of what we used to do.

. . . and the best memory was. . . listening to the radio and finding out that my school was going to be closed due to the snow!!! YES!!!

Geno. . . I LOVED those videos!!!

Mixey
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 7:51am
Here's what it's doing where I live today.  It's falling so gently and softly sticking to the trees, lawns and the roof tops.  It's not sticking to the streets, and alas it will all be gone by Thanksgiving when we expect rain.Cry

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 11:25am
We have fog, which I truly love. 

The following picture is La Jolla, CA . . . from a gallery, so I can't post it here, but here's the link:

It's my version of snow.  I look forward to the fog at this time of year. 

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 12:48pm

Here Ya go, Mixey!

Surf Fog...

and it might be a bit warmer than
Ice Fog...

...Ya know, that Surf Fog is looking like way more fun than Ice Fog!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 1:31pm

... anybody want to hibernate for the winter?

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2007 at 7:40am
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fabulous shots, Geno!!ClapClapClap

We're getting snow by the bucketloads today!!!  10 inches or so and it's blowing and drifting.  We may get some sleet later on.  Things won't wind down until sometime tomorrow.

This will be fabulous for all the families that head to the slopes during Christmas vacation!!

dream

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2007 at 3:00pm
  I have heard on the news that there are thousands in P.A. without
power tonight. GENO !!!!! Are you there, brother????? HELP !!!!!
LOL,
toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2007 at 3:17pm
I`m starting to ache after all of that digging and shovelling..........When the ploughs come out i`ll have to go clear the entrance again..........lol

Boo!  to snow..............Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 12:23pm
Hi Evreybody!

Toad, They got it worse to our west and north. The Nor'easter didn't bring us snow here this time... some freezing rain... then lots of rain and temps in the high 30's/low 40's... with hefty wind out there right now.. and now that it's clear again... 32 cold and sinking at this nano-second on the "D" Street Deck... So we got to skip the shoveling part this time... (yeah...!) I would have had no time.

Jeff, You didn't get any snow over there did Ya?

Dream... are Ya snowed in up there?

Lindz... Ya still sore from shoveling?

I think Mixey, Soul Sister and Misty etc., are probably sunbathing right now and laughing at us when we talk about shoveling snow!
*lol*
((Let's break out the long distance snow-ball chuckers!)))
*lol*
... "Yeah, Let's get 'em!"

The caption says... "Ready for a snowball fight, about 1910. Photographer John Nelson of Erickson, Nebraska, took this shot." from a fascinating sight on historical photograph, etc- here: www.nebraskahistory.org

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 12:45pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Nothing like a good snowball fight!!!ClapClapClapClap

Nope, not snowed in. Mainiacs know how to deal with the stuff.  Thank goodness, no ice where I live.  They did get some along the coast.  Ice is much worse to deal with than snow.

We're supposed to get a 36 hour storm starting Wednesday.  No intensity to it, but it will accumulate over time.

This will be the first white Christmas we've had in several years.  Temps are set to rise next week.

dream

To all those without snow...LOLLOLLOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 6:27pm
*lol* Yeah...

As Long as it All stays Peaceful and Fun!

Ok... here we go with shipping "stuff" on trucks again!
*lol*

Greenpeace backs Giant Snowball Art

"...hey Left Coast Crew & UK Crew... comin' at Ya... with Lotsa' Love!"

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 7:12am
     I have been digging out, and running the snow blower all day today.
I still have a ways to go. Early this morning, a house two doors down from me caught on fire. All my friends called me to see if it was my house.
  No such luck. If mine would have burnt, I wouldn't have to worry about it being foreclosed a month from now. Tisk Tisk..Maybe next time Georgia
Lightning strikes in my hood, It will hit my house!!!!
LOL,
toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 10:32am
Toad!

Just bury the house under snow to make it look different,
and then scramble the house numbers or something
before next month!
Would that work?

Toad, Just Like This!!!

~*lol* & Yikes,~
Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 10:42am
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 11:21am
OH MY!!!  Those photos are stunning, Geno!!!!Smile

We got another 5-6 inches today.  We seem to be making up for the lack of snow we've had in recent years.  It's supposed to warm up and thaw some over the weekend, with RAIN on Sunday.

We should still have enough snow left for a white Christmas, I hope!!

dream
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic