Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Looking Glass
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scientology

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardofely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 8:56am
It is posted and I will tell JazzRoc!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 10:14am
Very cool Bardofely.
Looking forward to it.
Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2009 at 7:33am
As I said before, there are a lot of people, who are reading Soulful Planet.  I just received this:

Rights - The Family 

Back in the 70s it rankled when I read a press article or heard some verbal statement that accused Scientology of splitting up families. That was the main attack line the very real enemy used back then, and a nauseatingly frequent newspaper headline it was too. Perhaps it had been true in the 60s but in the 70s disconnection as a practice was all but dead. As a Scientologist, I felt wronged by such statements, after all the family was an integral part of Scientology. It is one of the eight sub urges of survival man possesses and many would say the most important because without the family, procreation and the raising of children, most other forms of survival would cease.

So imagine my dismay now. The Sea Organization seems to have cared little for the family as a unit. It has acted in ways that blocked the creation of families for its own members which has heavily impacted the lives of relatives of Sea Org members, Scientologists and non Scientologists alike. It has also shown a blatant disregard for Scientologists8 0 families and friends by allowing a widespread resurgence of the practice of disconnection with countless injustices and other bully tactics amplifying the misery. This has all resulted in abortions, divorces, broken homes, fractured families and friendships.

In response, people who might have remained silent are speaking out, often publicly and protests are taking place around the world. And it rankles now too, but in this case itís because the accusations have the ring of truth.

How could the greatest movement on Earth have been reduced to this? Why are prominent Scientologists or ex Scientologists speaking publicly on television, exposing its tactics and hundreds of protestors decrying its practices in locations across the globe?  These people are not CIA-backed agents as they were some decades ago. These are very real people who feel violated and compelled to speak out.

And if Scientology is the greatest movement on Earth (which I believe it is) why are these protests and underlying grievances not being dealt with? Our ability to communicate, to apply understanding, the universal solvent, is our paramount virtue. If the powers that be wanted to really handle these protesters it would only take a matter of days to sit down with them, listen, understand and implement necessary reforms. The whole world would breathe a collective sigh of relief. After all, Scientologists above all others have the ability to accept change, donít they?

To fully understand this sad state of affairs letís look at how it all came about, not a view of individual incidents no matter how tragic but the overall pattern from start to finish. Only when you see the history as well as the present will you see the whole picture, the fingerprints, the moving force behind it all and its sheer madness.

The Sea Org was formed in the 60s; L. Ron Hubbard was its leader and its headquarters were aboard ship which traveled from port to port. There were few if any regulations as regards the family and children. Why should there be? L. Ron Hubbard was a family man; the family was and is an important part of the Scientology and the children of Sea Org members were on board the ship with their parents. Sea Org members on the whole gave birth to offspring when and as they wished and L. Ron Hubbard encouraged Sea Organization parents not to get so caught up in their duties that they neglected to spend time with their children. 

Thatís all there is to say on the subject so letís fast forward more than twenty years to 1987. L. Ron Hubbard has passed away, the Sea Org is considerably l
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 10:34pm
          A show on ABC's "Nightline" shows people
 claiming Miscavige struck people in fits of rage..at
 various times. They also claim that policies within
 the orginization broke up their families.
       I didn't go out of my way to watch this show,
 and watched out of boredom.
        Every time I see a show such as this one,
 I come away thinking people involved in this so
 called "religion" have been duped by a very slick
 group of individuals with an agenda of a very dubious
 nature.
         In order to avoid law suits,The networks are
 very carefull not to charge anyone with misconduct.
     They just interview alledged "Victims", and let
 them level the charges. There seems to be no end
 to these types of programs that shine a very bad light
 on Scientology, but nothing ever is done about it.
    What is the point of the show, if nothing is
 confirmed..one way or another?

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 12:51am
Toad...
I watched the 1st 2 nights on youtube.  I'll post them here.  I have to go look up the show from tonight.

I think that the aim of the show is to try and maneuver Scientology out of tax exempt status.

That's my take on it so far.

Mixey

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 1:32pm

OOPS !!!  Ouch

Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 3:57pm
Interesting link Toad...

I agree:

"obsession" with financial gain and practices he said were aimed at plunging members into a "state of subjection."

I find that to be sadly very true from what I have personally observed.

The church is supressive to its members.

Disconnection would be the best action for them, IMO.

Mixey

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2012 at 2:11pm
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 4:31pm
The church is suppressive to its members. They're not about clearing the planet.  They're about locating "ruins" in people, so they'll empty their bank accounts for auditing, give them personal information about themselves and their businesses, and hopefully become dependent while feeling like they're empowered and self directed.

Yes... they agressively go after people.  I went to a Chiropractor, who was a Scientologist.  The Chiropractor wasn't getting any "case gain" during his Scientology auditing sessions, so the church looked into people who he might be in contact with who might be "suppressive" to him... or them.  They investigated me.  They followed me.  I took down the Pinellus County, Florida license plate number and made note of the date this happened... and I wasn't even a Scientologist.  Imagine if they thought I had inside information on them and then "blew".

I've met a number of Scientologists who were very kind people and really want to be the best people they can be.  It's unfortunate that the working parts of the organization are intertwined with the hurtful and controlling aspects of the cult.

An organization the requires anything but freedom of viewpoint is a cult. Any Zip Ban Delete organization is a yes person's illusion of paradise.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:23am
This is a video that was sent to me by my cousin.  It's L Ron Hubbard's Great Grandson James DeWolf.  

I think he's a VERY talented beat poet.  What do you think?

Mixey

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 2:54am
Wow!  Mixey, I did not expect to hear that when I clicked play!!!

It's great that L Ron Hubbard's very own Great Grandson, 
James DeWolf has chosen to expose his great grandfather
as the total scam artist, insane crook, criminal thief and horrible person
 that L Ron Hubbard
obviously was.

And yes,
I think James DeWolf is
 a VERY talented beat poet.
He obvoiusly really meant what he was saying, and it came off well.

As was posted above, and taking it to the max:

"...These are very real people who feel violated and compelled to speak out..."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic