Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Looking Glass
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scientology

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scientology
    Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 4:32pm
Tonight. . .on  ABC Nightline

in fact right now if you're on the East Coast...

David Miscavige's wife is going to be interviewed ... 1st time interview with this group's leader for a long time. I wonder why he's not the one being interviewed?

It should be interesting, being that their niece (Miscavige's brother's daughter Jenna), as well as the brother, have reportedly left the church.  The niece has been very public in her comments about her experience with the church recently.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 4:45pm
Well. . .

Maybe I was wrong about Miscavich's wife being interviewed.  It's the niece and another girl, who grew up in the church... maybe the wife will be on later.

Mixey

Update:  This is the video of the whole ABC Nightline program

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 5:02pm
OK... The Scientology response up next.

Mixey

Update:  This is the Scientology video station from their official site:

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 5:13pm
Well it was a written response, saying that they would not be able to comment on Jenna Miscavige Hill, because that would not be appropriate.

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 5:18pm

Wow, Here's more info on this topic that has heated up...

— ABC NEWS Interview With Scientology Leader —
Scientology's David Miscavige gave a rare interview to "Nightline" in 1992.
04/24/2008

(Video click here)

— ABC NEWS Tom Cruise —
Tom Cruise Scientology Video
The actor rallies Scientologists during awards ceremony.
04/24/2008

(Video click here)

— ABC NEWS Tom Cruise Web Controversy —
A video of the star discussing Scientology has surfaced. More on 20/20 tonight.
01/18/200

(Video click here)
and...
— T C Video - ( Original UNCUT ) —

(((((( Views: 2,143,511 )))))))
YouTube - Read the comments! -

Wow, what's really going on here???

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 5:42pm
   He is as crazy as a bed bug, and full of shit too.
  I'd like to drop some acid in his coffee. No kidding.....
     L. Ron Hubbard was close friends with Alistare Crowley, The
self proclaimed anti-Christ. Cult..Cult..Cult and Cult.
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2008 at 6:10pm

OMG Toad !!!

Why so angry?  I don't agree with everything he's saying; but if he believes in what he's doing, and it's not hurting anyone, what's the problem?

Alester Crowley was definitely a strange bird, but did he hurt anyone with his weirdness? I have no clue.

There are groups that are over the top God crazy that look pretty strange too.

I don't like any group that feels that they're better than anyone else.  That's about the only yardstick I have to know what resonates with me or not.  I'll have to search myself when it comes to the forum wars, even.  I enjoyed myself when I was other places besides this one at times and  I don't want to lose sight of that.

I have a difficulty with Cruise saying that Scientology is the the only authority on the mind, or the way to re-hab criminals, etc.  There might be a person living in a rainforest somewhere, who might have a better idea.

Communication is key to moving forward in a positive way in any endeavor.  As soon as a willingness to see another viewpoint is blocked, then I don't think that's helpful in any way, regardless of the topic.

I know I have a hard time sticking to that myself, but I try.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 5:53am

Mixey! You wrote this, and I do agree, big time:

"Communication is key to moving forward in a positive way in any endeavor. As soon as a willingness to see another viewpoint is blocked, then I don't think that's helpful in any way, regardless of the topic."

YUP...that proprietary thing... the "zip, ban, mute, delete everybody who is not with us, because WE are the chosen ones" THING, is a BIG PROBLEM with many religions, philosophies, groups, governments... and even software platforms! (As we know well, it becomes a twisted Control Freak on a Power Trip thing. Not good.)

Toad, on the Tom Cruise thing:

Yes, he seems crazy as a maxed out freakin' lune!
Here's another twisted thought to ponder..

Is he behaving like someone who's being blackmailed?

Watch him again with that in mind...
Like he's one of those hostages being held by an unfriendly government or something...
being brainwashed or flat out hypontized and submitting to his captors wishes to say anything they want him to say or do, so that threats will remain threats. For example, If this organization might be that twisted in a Control Freak/ Power Trip thing behind closed doors... then one might wonder... What do they have on him?

From what I've read, it seems that in their "auditing" process ... You pretty much dump all the skeletons in your closets to them, to get everything out on the table. Ok, so that makes sense.
While they attempt to help you resolve your issues, they also record everything, and keep those records (in your own words) locked away in their vaults.

Sounds like a perfect set up for blackmail, bribery $$$, or control freak stuff down the road if disagreement meltdown takes place, or if it should fall into devious hands.

Follow the money? Well there is an awful lot of money involved here.

Clearly, if TC is just simply crazy, then the story ends there, and he needs help.
But if not, then wow, there is some really strange shit going on here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 7:28am

Ok, staying objective, let's look at the source of all of this, and from the department of Follow The Money, Motive and First Hand History from those that closely surrounded the founder... and so therfore...

Discarding the infomercial-like propaganda on one hand, and also discarding the massive "hate and anger" stuff out there on the net on this topic on the other, and looking for some core, historical, documentary info, I found this from Channel 4, 1997, UK:

"Despite legal threats and harassment from Scientology, Channel 4 (UK) refused to pull this film, insisting it was based on factual material and interviews with people who had known Mr. Hubbard very well... "
Channel 4, 1997, UK.

— The Secret Life of L. Ron Hubbard (1-5) —

— The Secret Life of L. Ron Hubbard (2-5) —

— The Secret Life of L. Ron Hubbard (3-5) —

continued...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 7:33am

— The Secret Life of L. Ron Hubbard (4-5) —

— The Secret Life of L. Ron Hubbard (5-5) —

The notes on The notes on YouTube More Info on this film says the following:

"If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion", a quote of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the scifi Scientology cult.

Despite legal threats and harassment from Scientology, Channel 4 refused to pull this film, insisting it was based on factual material and interviews with people who had known Mr. Hubbard very well.

To followers, Lafayette Ron Hubbard was the greatest guru who ever lived. To many others he was a crook and a charlatan.

The 'church' is based on the story of Xenu, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of aliens to Earth in DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Scientology holds that their essences remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm.

Hubbard was investigated by all kinds of agencies, including the FBI, accused of adopting a religious faηade for Scientology to allow the organization to maintain tax-exempt status and to avoid prosecution for false medical claims.

There have been numerous accounts from Hubbard's fellow science-fiction authors and researchers, notably Harlan Ellison, Neison Himmel, Sam Merwin, Sam Moskowitz, Theodore Sturgeon, Lloyd Arthur Eshbach, and Lyle Stuart, of Hubbard stating on various occasions that the way to get rich was to start a religion.

Scientology's efforts to have the program canceled were extensive. A private investigator was sent to England from the United States to question friends of the reporters who produced the documentary. The PI, Eugene Ingram, is a wanted man in the United States, where warrants for his arrest are in place.

In fact, everybody who tries to find out what's going on, is intimidated and harassed by the cult. BBC reporter John Sweeney discovered this when he was making his documentary "Scientology and Me". Sweeney: "While making our BBC Panorama film I have been shouted at, spied on, had my hotel invaded at midnight, denounced as a "bigot" by star Scientologists and been chased round the streets of Los Angeles by sinister strangers.

Channel 4, 1997, UK.

So much for Follow the Money...!
AND So... was he a genius philosopher with a brilliant plan for humankind, or a ruthless hypnotist scammer abuser that needed serious mental help?
Jeez!

lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 10:31am
People just want meaning.........a reason for everything. Walking through a field on a beautiful day is not enough.
oPeople feel a need to react to things and to be successful means that someone has to fail..........to many thats a waste and unacceptable.......leftist perhaps. Religion is an abstraction one thats easy to hide in.

We all fear death as we grow older but when we were young we swore we`d die for love and to protect what we have. Crashing my Spitfire I liked to call it.

Its all wrapped up in our search for meaning......kids that cut themselves........men that become drunks......etc.

sad pathetic souls...lol.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 11:11am
It's only an opinion, but it's mine. I can tell you that Scientology is crap. It is perpetuated by highly susceptible and ultimately brainwashed people who have bought into the package entirely.

I will not go into all the details ... but here's my story. In 1979 a good friend of mine and I had a close encounter with Scientologists in Georgetown MD. My friend and I were out on the town one Friday night in August and were approached by a man taking "a survey." (He was a Scientology recruiter cruising for recruits.)

Mike and I dimed him out almost immediately ... but we were in a fun mood and we decided to take the plunge ... to get the experience ... we were invited to go to their D.C. headquarters to be interviewed and (possibly/hopefully) inducted. We accepted.

We were driven several blocks away to a very stately mansion. (not unlike foreign diplomatic HQs you see in D.C.) Once there Mike and I were seperated and interviewed individually.

Later on, while comparing notes we discovered that we'd both been told - despite our very different backgrounds and upbringings - that we were "unhappy" and "unfulfilled." Our interviewers - both young, attractive, chirpy girls in their 20s - would not hear otherwise when we protested that we were, in fact, not unhappy at all ... "oh no, our chart clearly shows that you're deeply unhappy and searching for answers."

Right. Okay, fine. I was enjoying this. I smiled and begged to differ, but my girl insisted I watch a short film and come back and talk to her.

I was led into a small room where an old scratchy B+W film of L. Ron babbling on about Dianetics was spinning. I saw Mike who had gotten there before me. There were about seven other people sitting in the room. I went over to Mike after my girl left the room and Mike and I sat together.

We watched about 10 minutes of the most disjointed, fantastical mumbo jumbo that you ever did hear. Just L. Ron - on screen in close-up - rambling on. The supposed indoctrination film, I guess.

After a while we looked at each other and I whispered to Mike: "Does this make any sense at all to you?.." Mike was grinning and shaking his head. We rose and let ourselves out.

We walked out quietly, past the desks of interviewers who were busy with other sheep, choosing to not engage anybody else on our way out the door.

We both had to agree that 1) Nothing we had been told rang true, 2) Our interviewers looked a little too earnest and glassy-eyed  3) The film of L. Ron we saw made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The man was literally rambling.

If that's what they hit you with, I thought, then all those folks who bite the bait can't have much going on upstairs.

LOL

(Moral of the story: Better to put all that Scientology money into your 401K.)

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 5:34pm

Lindz!
Good points. That vulnerability and searching in our search for meaning, is often what leads us to somewhere possibly better, and at the same time, if we're not paying attention, can turn us into a mark headed for disaster.

Jeff! Great story! *lol* I can so picture it.

Well, in the news today, this is interesting...

— Nightline Swings at Scientology, Misses —
Posted by Tony Ortega at 1:09 PM, April 25, 2008 - villagevoice.com
and by all means... read the Comments,

and...

— Madonna defends Cruise's Scientology beliefs —
IANS -Thursday, 24 April , 2008, 00:02
Pop superstar Madonna has come to the defense of Tom Cruise ...

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 5:59pm
Contained within every convincing lie, is a thread of truth. 

Anyone who is interested in searching out the truth, will be confronted with a lot of bullshit. I don't think it's nuts to be willing to weed through some of it to find a gem here or there.

As far as belief systems, look at every major religion. Talk about stories!!!!!???!!!!!!

One story took from that one... and that one... and that one...

I don't think Tom Cruise is nuts.  I think he's dedicated to his beliefs.  He was probably speaking to fellow Scientologists in that video, using common ground language. Obviously SP doesn't stand for Soulful Planet in his world; so I'm not offended... lol.

If someone was to do a video in the boardroom of a fortune 500 company... that might look crazier... or in a football locker room... or at a strategic military operation meeting.

As far as spending money on stupid shit... there's a ton of it out there that's dumber than paying for books and auditing.

If something doesn't ring true, depending on one's own personal viewpoint... then just move away.

If an organization is of such a nature, that it decides to stop someone from moving away of their own free will, then that's not something I'd want to be involved with.

Mixey

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 6:56pm
         My Father was a heavy reader, and read all he could get his hands on concerning Meta-physics and such. He read L.Ron Hubbard, and told me he was unsure about the guys motives, and knew he made much money.
     There was a rock concert, combined with a book show about all things
 Meta-physical...kind of a "Fair"-of-sorts, and I had my dad attend it with me and a few friends. We were blowing weed and having fun.
     The scientology folks were there in full force selling books and promoting the "Religion". There were about 15 of them working the booth.
      My dad,friends, and I approached the booth, and I engaged one of the sellers. I asked what scientology was all about, and was asked
if I was "Clear". They went on to tell me that most people react to things
and don't think them out clearly,or rationally. 2 sides to your brain...
The reactive side...and the reasoning side[or rational thinking side.]
   They said the key was to not react, but to reason...and after you
really practiced, you could master this..thus becoming "Clear".
      I then told them I was "Clear" from the time I was just 5 years old.
   My statement brought more intense information about how to become "Clear", and I was told that I really didn't understand the concept.
         I insisted that I fully understood the meaning of what they were preaching, and I was totally "Clear" at 5 years of age.
     Within 4 minutes, all 15 of these people were screaming at me,
and telling me I was wrong, and confused.
    By this time there was a large crowd watching it all go down.
  Making sure everyone could hear me, I explained my position.
     If you were to buy their book, it would instruct you how to focus
your mind to eliminate any reactive statements or actions, and you
would instead use the rational or reasoning part of your brain.
   I then explained that within 5 minutes of speaking about my childhood gift, they were all pissed off with me, and totally out of control.
   I then asked them who was "Clear", and who was not.
 They stood there with their mouths hanging open.
     My Father gave up on reading any more about L.Ron and his crew.
 Weak minds indulge in bullshit like this. They talk a good game,
but don't understand themselves, or how to live without someone telling them how. Strength in numbers...gang mentality..horseshit.
   Look at Hitler,the SS, and all that. It's the same shit. We are the way and the light, and if you disagree....Watch out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2008 at 8:02am

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2008 at 9:18am
      After watching all the videos about L. Ron's life, it reminded me
of all the History Channel's shows concerning Hitler's "secret" life.
       How anyone can fall victim to these freeks is beyond my comprehension. IF Tom Cruise, John Travolta,Chick Corea..et al, believes this crap, then My opinion of them has diminished to pity, and questioning
their mentality. Gang Mentality?  Do they feed off each other to feel
more secure?  I feel that personal paranoid security issues rule these
folks, and they feel safer in the company of other followers.
    Why can't people feel secure making up their own minds, and living their own lives. It ain't that hard !!!
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2008 at 10:19am
Toad, you're just pissed because YOU didn't think up a great concept for a church! Just think of the money you could have made from all the lost, confused souls out there ... WinkLOL  Ah well ...
Jeff
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2008 at 12:04pm
     Jeff,
  I tried starting a church movement called Frisbeeism.
    We believe when you die, that your soul goes up on the roof,
and nobody can get it down.  It never took off.Clown
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2008 at 12:34pm
LOL

I think that all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. (Now, I'm certainly not; but I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!)
Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic