Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SAMMY "Baby" AMBROSE and JACKIE WILSON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2009 at 10:48am

"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2009 at 10:53am
M.B., save the best for last Smile!

Star
Star

Heart
S.S.
jazzmessenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzmessenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2009 at 12:29am
Hey Jeanie:

Great thread!! You really need to write a book about the Soul/R&B scene back in the day and these great talents..I was listening to some of Sammy's music on You Tube, he seemed like a great talent..

Hipness is not a state of mind, It's a fact of life!
~ Cannonball Adderley

-Alex

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2009 at 9:21am
Hi There Jazzmessenger,
 I will one day Alex, but that takes alot of time without distractions which I don't have right now.
But 'when I can' I'll tell some of the stories in a condensed version, like this one here for you guys on S.P. 
There are a million side stories and musical adventures just to this little chapter in itself.  Broadway back then, the music scene, the nightlife, the artists, the neighborhood life was all very fasinating.  The good, the bad, the high life, the low life, the nightlife was no good life but it was my life and I loved the life I lived back then, lol!!!

Yes, there is much that could be told but that kind of detail would take a very long time. Sigh.............................................
Some day hopefully.

RE: "Sammy's Talent".......the records don't do it you had to experience his talent, voice, stage charisma in person. He'd blow your socks off and your mind too, he was that good!!!StarStarStarStarStar

And "Jackie" hmmmnn.......aside from being one of the greatest entertainers in history he was a very "special" man, trust me on that, he really was a good guy who was complicated but wise.  Besides my own times in his presence I knew others who were very close to him and from all I grew to learn about Jack, he was a very special and gifted human being who loved and respected all. StarStarStarStarStar

S.S.
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2009 at 5:56pm
Soul Sister these are great pics.

If I am out of line for what I am about to say let me apologize now. Soul Sister you were such a hottie back in the day. If only we knew each other then. Me and a sexy guy like me. We would have stopped traffic.
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2009 at 2:37pm
LOL @ M.M.,

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
I wouldn't call those pics hot, lol!  Embarrassed  I do have a couple hot pics that have been up before from "back in the day".  M.M. ...Me thinks you are funny dude LOL.

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2009 at 4:36pm
The last pictures I have of "Sammy" are from 'Miami After Dark', a booklet that showcased the acts around Miami Beach of who was playing where. 

This is from April of 1980:

Rest in peace my brother.

Your Soul Sis,
Jeanie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2009 at 9:08pm
The "Peppermint Lounge" 45th. Street, N.Y.C., back in the day:

S.S.
Ari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2021 at 5:44pm
Soul sister are you still out there? I really really need to talk to you about the late Sammy Ambrose... I am searching for my father...
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2021 at 9:39pm
Hello Ari and welcome to Soulful Planet!

My suggestion is to go over to Soulful Detroit and see if you can get in contact with her.  

It might be faster.  I don’t have her current info, but if you don’t have any luck via that route, pm me over here and I’ll see what I can do.

Good luck.
Sincerely,
Mixey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic