Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Memorial
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

~ RIP Mikhal Caldwell - Sept 2011 ~

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~ RIP Mikhal Caldwell - Sept 2011 ~
    Posted: Sep 11 2011 at 12:24pm
Reposted from the David Sancious Thread...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just found out about some very sad news
regarding Mikhal...

(Mikhal Caldwell).

This info came from my friend and fellow drummer, Patti Ballinas,
from her post on FB.

Patti wrote the following:

~~~~~~

"I have had some really devastating news today when I woke up and came online. And it saddens me so much! My dear friend Mikhal Caldwell has left us and gone to the heavens. He was one of God's special people I know but God why did u have to take him already??? i'm so sad coz I never got to meet him properly or do that recording with him that he wanted me to. And so sad coz he was such an amazing person. Such a great friend to me since years ago even without having actually met me in person yet..."

"His spirit was so strong that I knew his heart and soul even though I hadn't met him in person yet.Legendary guitarist and a world wide champion of Muay thai yet such a spiritually humble and sensitive soul.God please take good care of him and tell him he will be geatly missed here.I cry bcoz i lost a friend here on earth but i know he is still with me wherever he may be. R.I.P. my dear Mikhal."

- Patti Ballinas

~~~~~~

This is very sad news. Mikhal's words are here, frozen in time in these posts and threads on the
David Sancious Thread about our David Sancious Project, etc., as he was a member here at SoulfulPlanet,
and many of us also shared emails and tracks and thoughts, etc.,
and also via
Mikhal's MySpace Page
as well over the years.

__

_
Mikhal's MySpace Music Page

It is hard to imagine that Mikhal, & Mikhal's incredible, diverse talents
and skills that he mastered in his amazing lifetime,
are now to be frozen in memory.

Mikhal, wishing you "Peace and tube amps"...
Play on, Mikhal, Play on...
RIP Mikhal ~Gene

Gene_Leone_Mix

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2011 at 1:15pm
Here are some of Mikhal's thoughts,
right from Mikhal's Myspace page:

"... . .. .. .. .. .. ...... JUST A FEW LITTLE THINGS TO THINK ABOUT 1 - "THERE'S ONLY ONE GOD. FIND HIM BEFORE HE FINDS YOU." The Green Lantern is the most powerful superhero in the universe, period. The Silver Surfer is also cool. Trust is a commodity that once it is spent, it can never be returned with the same value it had. Watch yourself cause you don't know who else is watching you. The past does not equal the future. Whatever happened to you last year, last month, last week, or even yesterday does not matter anymore, it is in the past and you have no way of changing it. Experience has proven to me, that you never know what another person is capable of, be it good or bad. Winning and losing are parts of the same thing, Will and Desire, determine which one you choose. Improvising on an instrument is like taking a lie detector test, KEEP IT REAL OR SHUT THE FUCK UP . The true art of Fighting is in realising that it's a mind thing. You can't teach what you don't know, you can't be what you can't be. When you change something about your outer self that changes your attitude for the better, it can't but help to change your way of thinking and your way of approaching the world. The only rule in fighting is don't get hit. Styles make fights not the other way around.

Unfortunately, out of everyone you know only a few can truly be friends. Be consistent "Remain true to the game" whatever it is. Never ever forget loved ones. Pursue your dreams like there's no tomorrow, because there might not be. Live life, Seek sights. Imitation is the highest form of flattery and the biggest sign of self neglect. Love is a demonstration. Make fear a friend instead of an enemy. Find yourself and you'll be yourself. Styles are the prejudice of art. When alternative becomes mainstream, Then what becomes alternative. Racsist Thinking, is a form of Insanity. Pain is nothing more than weakness leaving the body. Friendship is the only real choice you're allowed in life, use it wisely. God did not create tab to save guitarists from the evils of learning to read music. Chops are for butchers. Licks are for suckers. If you can count your chops, you don't have any. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the ear of the listener. Everybody on this planet is your relative and the people on other planets are probably cousins.

Life is not a tag team sport, everybody answers for their own deeds. The only thing easier than quitting is making excuses to quit. Winners never quit, quitters never win. If you don't at least own one Fender Stratocaster, Leo Fender died for your sins. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ............
Influences
................Everything fused out and funky. JOHN COLTRANE, JIMI HENDRIX the big 2 !! John McLaughlin, Larry Coryell, David Sancious, Frank Marino, Ray Gomez, Gary Moore, Robben Ford, Allan Holdsworth, all the 70's and 80's Soul and Disco, Craig Tyner, Scott Henderson, Curtis Mayfield, George Benson, Frank Gamble, Al Di Meola, Pat Martino, Mark Whitfield, John Goodsall, Steve Graves, Shawn Lane, Mike Stern, Greg Howe, Tony MacAlpine, John Scofield.......... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .......... .......... ......
Sounds Like
..........Amazingly close to Mikhal Caldwell...... "

from http://www.myspace.com/mikhalcaldwell

s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 4:28pm
WHAT??????!!!!!!

What happened????? OMG!

Mixey

S. P. A. T.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2011 at 5:52am

I don't know Mixey. His passing seems incredible to me.

Mik was trained in martial arts and was very physically fit.

Two possibilities, although I don't like to speculate...
Mik might have suffered some kind of TBI - cumulatively - from his fighting
days in the ring. Or perhaps he became ill in some unrelated way?

Maybe Geno's friend Patti knows something.

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic