Forum Description: Any and All Topics
URL: http://www.soulfulplanet.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=192
Printed Date: Oct 20 2018 at 7:26am

Topic: Where Am I ?
Posted By: M I X E Y
Subject: Where Am I ?
Date Posted: Jul 21 2007 at 7:18pm

Hi everybody. . .

I've been on dial-up for the past few weeks... REALLY  frustrating!!!

The construction process at my place has rendered my office inaccessible.

I'll be back up and yacking more here shortly.

Thank you to S. P. A. T. and everyone for everything.

Much love,
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=100788705">  
Mixey

Replies:
Posted By: Gene_Leone_Mix
Date Posted: Jul 22 2007 at 4:03am

M I X E Y !!!
We sent out a 16 mm film crew to document
some of this historic, cutting edge
"dial up event"
at Your place during this construction.

This is what they just came back with...

Hot & Sweaty out of the Dark Room
from
The Department
of

...You've Got Snail

—Temporary Dial Up Department In Action
at SoulfulPlanet.com—

"Welcome Back,
MIXEY,
...You've Got Snail"

and one more candid shot of some of
the SoulfulPlanet.com's
Friendly Dial Up Department Night Shift Crew...

"Ok, Ready Girls,,, Reeealy Big Smiles Now!"
—click—

http://www.tntech.edu/library/archives/collection/HardingStudioPics/13-30_TelephoneOperator.gif">
...perfect!"

*lol*
xoxox's
Geno

-------------
http://geneleonemix.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - Gene_Leone_Mix

Posted By: dream207
Date Posted: Jul 22 2007 at 7:39am
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ Geno!!

You're soooooooooo clever.  I don't know where you come up with this stuff.

Mixey,  good to see you back.  Hope you can get some rest.  LOL!

dream

-------------
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Posted By: toad
Date Posted: Jul 22 2007 at 10:24am
We will wait for you Mixey.
You light up this place in the most positive way! Where would we all be
thrust back in time with no computers?
We have plenty of time... The village
is growing fast, every day.
 HOORAY for the SOULFUL PLANET !!
               ClapClapClapClap
LOL,
toad

-------------
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......

Date Posted: Jul 22 2007 at 11:05am
Thank you Dream & Toad.
16 mm??? Gene, you're so bad.  LOL That crew will have to get past my bodyguard.
My body is guarded and my house is whacked.  It should be the other way around.
LOL
Mixey

Posted By: Jeff
Date Posted: Jul 23 2007 at 11:19pm
Hang in there Mixey. Life loves to remind us that nothing really important ever seems to come easily ... these things always exact their "pound of flesh". 

Keep smiling ... through gritted teeth ...  Wink

xoxo
Jeff

-------------
Jeff

Posted By: s. p. a. t.
Date Posted: Jul 24 2007 at 6:37am

LOL

George

Posted By: misty
Date Posted: Jul 25 2007 at 7:01am
Mixey, I feel your pain.  I"ve been forced to deal with dial up intermittently over the last week or so.  Can't get anybody out until tomorrow to assess the situation.  It makes you shudder to think this used to be our only option!

-------------
Keep On Keepin' On

Date Posted: Jul 25 2007 at 3:10pm
It's definitely a big pain Misty.

Remember how everyone was impressed if you had a 486 !!

OMG. . . a Pentium.. Save me from the whiplash.  LOL

I miss my Mac + cable!!
Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 6:32am

Dear Soulful Planet,

As some of you know, there has been a tragedy in my family.  I have lost my only child.  We are not completely sure what happened yet.  I went to his apartment on Tuesday, and could not fully awaken him. 

I called the paramedics; and I went with him to the hospital.  His heart stopped in the 5 minutes it took to get there.  They could not revive him in the emergency room.  I have a feeling that he overdosed on his medication, or he experienced a fatal reaction.  We will know in the next few weeks.

S. P. A. T. will be available to help with any issues here on Soulful Planet.  Please do not hesitate to PM or ask them for their help here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 10:44am

Cry

Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 11:02am
OMG MIXEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cry

I'm in tears reading this.  I wish I could be there to give you hugs and consolation.  This is the worst tragedy that can befall anyone.

Words cannot express what I feel right now.  I know how you have struggled with all the circumstances surrounding your son.  You were a very devoted Mother who felt helpless at times.  In time you will realize just how blessed he was to have you.

It is in God's hands now.  May he Bless You, your Mom and your family as you go through this most difficult time.

Please know that all your friends here at SP are there for you 100%.  You've given so much to all of us here.  Please lean on us and know we love you very much.

If there is anything any of us can do, please let us know.

MUCH LOVE,

dream

-------------

Posted By: Soul Sister
Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 11:23am
{{{{M I X E Y}}}}

I am so very sorry to hear this tragic news.  You have my deepest sympathies. I know how much you loved your child. I know you are going to miss him greatly and it's so hard right now. Try to take comfort in knowing he's not in pain anymore.  My heart is with you, MIXEY.  God Bless you & your family.

With Love,
S.S.

-------------
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott

Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 11:28am
          Dream's words here reflect everything that
 I could post at this time. I have written her a personal
 letter, and will be in support of her all ways that I can.
      This is a traumatic situation for her entire family,
 and all of her friends. A sad and reverant day for all
 the members and observers of this Village. Cry
   We love you, Mixey

toad

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 11:55am
Mixey - I'm so shocked and sorry.  My prayers are with you and you're in my heart through this most difficult of times. Stay strong.

-------------
Keep On Keepin' On

Posted By: AmysFM
Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 12:04pm

Mixey,
Get all our deepest thoughts from me and my family !
I think that no words can console such a pain but all our thoughts are with you !

Much LOVE

Jean

-------------
AmysFM "The most féline internet station" !
Soul, Funk , Dance, Pop-Rock

Posted By: MickeyMac
Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 12:06pm
Everyone else here has said the some meaningful things. I cant even comment on this tragedy.

-------------
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?

Posted By: winetender
Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 12:17pm
 Mixey, my heart is breaking for You. Please know that You & Yours are in my heart-felt prayers & thoughts ~ Nora

-------------
Tempt Me!

Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 12:31pm
       See this thread:
         http://www.soulfulplanet.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=192 - http://www.soulfulplanet.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=192

You can express your condolences on the
 thread that the link takes you.

thanks,
 toad

Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 3:09pm

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I write the following words.

Mixey has lost her son, Travis.

Mixey called me from the emergency room on Tuesday, March 31st, to tell me that her son, Travis had passed away late that afternoon when his heart stopped while in route to the hospital in an emergency ambulance.

Mixey had gone over to visit, but found him in his apartment in a delirious state, and immediately called 911.

The cause of death is unknown at this time, but a possible bad reaction to, and/or possible accidental overdose of, or complications of his medication is suspected.

Out of respect to notification of distant family members and next of kin, I waited until today to post this here on our SoulfulPlanet Forum.

Please keep Mixey in Your thoughts, prayers and wishes, at this difficult time.

MuchLoveAlways,
~Geno

~~~~~
Sunday:

Mixey is getting rest right now, dealing with this unbelievable, overwhelming situation, and She is doing as well as possible, considering the circumstances.
It goes without saying, that Mixey, You have our Love and support from Your SoulfulPlanet Family, and I know well, that You know that, and we will be here when You need us.
LoveYou,
~Geno

~~~~~

-------------

Posted By: phillysoulman
Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 3:39pm

Mixey,

Words cannot express the sadness we feel regarding the loss of your son.
May God watch over you and heal you in this most devastating of times.

Bobby and Vonnie

-------------
"Professionals built the Titanic, but amateurs built the Ark"

Posted By: BassnForGod
Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 3:55pm
Mixey,

My prayers are that you and your family feel the Hands of God holding you tight in this tiem of need.  I can not understand what you must be feeling right now but I know that the Lord does and he is there for you.

Robert

Posted By: Sue W.
Date Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 7:37pm
Mixey,

I just logged in and read this tonight, I'm so sorry to hear this. You were there for your son and still, you have to go through this.

I hope you are getting rest and can work toward peace of mind knowing that nothing can harm him now, he is in the hands of God, and you as his survivor have to take care of yourself.

Thinking of you tonight -- Sue

Posted By: Delmar Browne
Date Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 6:25am
My condolences goes out to you and your family during this time, Mixey!

-------------
www.facebook.com/delmar.browne
www.twitter.com/DelmarBrowne
www.soundcloud.com/delmarbrowne

Posted By: LadyDee
Date Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 7:42am
MIXEY...SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS....MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY....GOD BLESS...LADY DEE

Date Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 11:42am
          Carl Dixon, from the U.K. sends his
 condolences, and wishes Mixey well.
     He has indicated that he may be joining us here
 soon when his business allows....
    Thank you, Carl

-------------

Posted By: Medea
Date Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 12:49pm
I read this thread  over and over again to be sure that I got it right.Oh my god Mixey Stern%20SmileCry 
What can I say what should I do now..nothing...nothing left to say.This tragedy tells everything

I wish I could be by your  side  Confused I send my friends' (from baris-akarsu.com and gonetoosoon.uk) and my condolecences to you..please be strong.

Posted By: RAY MONETTE
Date Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 1:08pm
MIXEY,
THERE'S NOTHING WORSE THAN THE LOSS OF A CHILD. MY WIFE AND I LOST OUR DAUGHTER AT AGE TWO. MY BROTHER LOST HIS SON AT AGE 25.
GOD BLESS YOU,AND GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH TO GET THROUGH THIS.
CONDOLENCES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
 RAY                                                                                                

Posted By: Don1
Date Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 4:50pm
Since my mom and myself joined SP you've always made us felt welcome here. Ourselfs and my dad sends our condolences to you Mixey and Family in your time of grievence.

_ don

Date Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 7:04pm
MIXEY...

I am so sorry ... I will be thinking of you.

I just returned from Europe this evening and did not see this thread before now.

CryCryCry

-------------
Jeff

Posted By: QUEENY
Date Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 6:53am
Oh Mixey
What words can I say at this t ime ?
Please know that you & your family are in my prayers and the spiritiual forces of good will comfort you. OMG!!! I know your heart is very heavy but I know your burden will be lifted in time.
Hang in there Mixey - Hold on to the good times

-------------
AINT UNDERSTANDING MELLOW

Posted By: Detroit Drums
Date Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 7:10pm
Mixey,

My sincerist condolences during this difficult time. May you find peace and comfort in your spirit, family and friends. May Peace Be With You.

Michael

Date Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 9:17pm
Words can't express how much all of you mean to me.  It's your friendship that I look to, to help me and Mom through.  Thank you so much for your kindness.

Mom and I went to the funeral home today to make the final arrangements.  It's been 1 week already since Travis died; and we still won't know what happened  for another few weeks. 

What a sad joke.  Of course we know what happened.  He died... i.e. suffered from not breathing.  Is a diagnosis at this point going to bring him back?  I wish it was that easy.

Travis loved nature; and he loved art and music.  He wanted to be a continuing part of all of that. 

He loved the studio that we are building; and especially the land that it's on.  There's a special magic there.  Maybe he was to be a part of that in a different way, so that his life could speak more fully.  I wonder.  It's all so deep and infinite and final at the same time.

Thank you again for your kindness and personal messages.  Every life in every family is touched in ways that are so unimaginable, that to experience death, is like being in the presence of an old friend.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 07 2009 at 9:42pm
Mixey,

Beautiful words and thoughts in remembering Your Dear Son,
Travis.

I still simply can not believe that He, Trav... and all of the life that was so very much alive in him, is now gone from this earth for now, in life, as we know it.   Yet... Travis will live on, and very much within You and in those that knew and loved him, and those that he knew and loved.
It is all so hard to comprehend.

Rest In Peace, Travis.

This is such a peaceful, beautiful, wonderful photo of Travis at the Lagoon.

Mixey, Thank You for putting this here.

Wishing So Very Much Love To You And Your Family,
~Geno

-------------

Posted By: LadyDee
Date Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 7:10am
MIXEY
   THE PICTURE SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS....WHAT A HANDSOME MAN U HAD...AND SO SAD THAT WE HAVE TO BURY OUR CHILDREN ...THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE ...BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE FOND MEMORIES  OF THE LIFE YOU BOTH HAD Big%20smile
...KEEP THEM IN YOUR HEART ALWAYS....I PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THAT YOUR HEART WILL HEAL SOONBroken%20Heart...GOD BLESS YOU,   LADY DEEHug

Date Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 5:20pm
Your pm box is full Mİxey thats why I am writing here..

There is so much in my heart but have no ability to express myself while you are living this tragedy.

Mixey,Mary Louise,you are miles and miles away from me but I feel you.I feel your pain in the depth of my heart. I wish I have words to tell you what I feel now.
Nothing left to say,may god bring your son peace.I am always with you my friend.Love you Mary Louise...God bless you

Date Posted: Apr 09 2009 at 7:54am
Dream...
It is of great comfort to be able to lean on you and all of my friends here. I am listening to what you have said and trying to keep your words in mind.  Thank you for being there for me, and reminding me it's ok to look for help.

Soul Sister...
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and your understanding, and for sending my family your love.  I did love him so much; and it's hard to think of him being in a better place, because in y mind... why couldn't that place be here. It wasn't to be for some reason.

Toad...
You were no less than psychic in knowing something was wrong. Thank you for the beautiful letter you sent me.  I know you have had your share; and I appreciate your friendship, advice and insight.

Misty...
Thank you for sending me strength... and speaking of shock... I think that's what I'm in right now.  It's not computing in a real way yet. 

AmysFM Jean...
Thank you to you and your family for your love and condolences.  The fact that you are there, and thinking about me and my family helps a lot.

MickeyMac...
I feel your thoughts in my direction. Thank you very much for being there and for caring. 

Wintender Nora...
Thank you for your heartfelt message, and for your thoughts and prayers.  In a way, I'm sort of glad I haven't stocked that bar yet, because if it was sitting there staring at me right now, I wonder if much would be left.

Geno...
Thank you for being a friend to Travis, and for being there for me. I'll never forget that call with you, when I had just left the hospital room from seeing my son for the last time.  Words fail.

phillysoulman  Bobby & Vonnie...
Thank you for your healing wish. I almost feel like I'm experiencing all of this remotely; and I've been wondering how anyone can heal from such a loss; but you're right.  It's in God's hands. 

BassnForGod Robert...
Thank you for your prayers. I can feel the certainty in your words; and that is of great comfort to me.  It's good to be reminded that there is a plan that's bigger than we are.  If I didn't feel that way; I don't think I could get through this.

Sue...
Your advice is sound; and I am listening to it.  I'm sleeping here and there, and it's adding up to enough, I think.  I appreciate you telling me that nothing can harm him now.  I'm keeping your words very close. Thank you for thinking about me.

Delmar Browne...
Thank you for your message to my family. Life has ways of connecting people in a strange matrix.  I feel that my son is part of the movement from a different vantage point now.

LadyDee...
Thank you for your prayers and for looking at my son's picture lovingly.  Yes, he'll always be in my heart... and I agree with you... I wish it could be any other way than this.  I will hold fast to fond memories.  Thank you for that. 

Carl Dixon...
Thank you for your well wishes and condolences.   ... and Toad, thank you for letting me know.  Carl is always welcome here.

Medea...
Thank you to you and all of your friends and fans of Baris Akarsu.  I played Baris' music for Travis.  He loved it, and was well aware of what happened.  We talked about him quite a bit.  I could only have guessed how Baris' parents feel.  Now I know.  Thank you for your kindness.  The miles are not that far after all, as we are one.

Ray Monette...
I'm so sorry for the loss of you and your wife's 2 year old daughter.  My grandmother lost her twin boys, a few weeks apart, when they were 2.  The sadness is very deep, especially when someone so young dies.  Mom has told me about this quite a lot, as she was the older sister, observing her mother go through it. I'm sorry about your brother's 25 year old son.  A friend of mine just told me about her brother, who died at 31 of cancer, and his son, who died at 21 from a reckless driver.  I know there's a plan that's bigger than we are, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.  Thank you for your blessings.

Don...
Thank you very much to you and your mom and dad. It's times like these that make me stand in awe at how much value can come from another life.  When the calls are over and Mom is asleep, I can still feel all of the love and care from my friends here on Soulful Planet. I really needed to read this thread again tonight.  The best part is knowing that if any of us experience a win or a loss or a moment in time, where we need someone, we have each other.    

Jeff...
Thank you for all of the support you have given me.  I know you cared about y family, as I care about yours.  We've gone back and forth about these things; and it's just so unreal.

Queeny...
I always used to think that when a person said... hold onto the good times... it was sort of a well-meaning but kind of shallow cliche.  Now I understand that that advice comes from a way deeper place. I find myself having difficulty giving myself permission to hold onto the good times.  I would have never thought that could enter into the grieving process. I really appreciate your words.  You obviously understand. Thank you.

Detroit Drums Michael...
A spirit at peace, can weather a storm.  I have to remember to envision calmer waters, because we still don't know what really happened to my son.  My spirit is in a state of unrest.  Even though I can sleep, I keep searching in my dreams. Thank you for your peaceful and comforting wishes.

This thread is helping me so much. 
Thank you.
Much Love,
Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 7:45am

Mike Garson composed a beautiful Requiem for Travis.

I just put it up on our Soulful Planet MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/soulfulplanet - www.myspace.com/soulfulplanet   http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=171050654 -

He's also working on 100 pieces of artwork, based on photographs of Travis, for me to put up in my studio.

In addition, he has told me that he is dedicating his concert in Hollywood tonight, which is being documented, to my son.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=63160804&blogId=476276651 - http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=63160804&blogId=476276651

I don't know what to say.

Mike. . .
You and Susan have been such friends and a great comfort to me and Mom during these days.  Thank you so very much.

Much Love,
Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 9:35am
Mike!

Fantastic. 

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------
Jeff

Date Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 11:09am
           Mixey,
        Please tell Mike that I am proud to know he
 and Susan are near your side at this time.
     They are doing things with you that I would do
 if it were possible. Most of us are many miles away from you, but we are closer by way of this Village.
    We love you, Mixey....Heart

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 1:45pm
Mixey, I sent the following note to Mike Garson.

~~~
Hi Mike,

We have all suffered an incredible loss, and none of us more so, than our Dearest Friend, Mixey in the loss of her only son, Travis.

It is so very sad that this has happened, and nearly impossible for any of us to understand.

Mike, what You have written here... "A Requiem for Travis" ... this beautiful gesture, this incredible composition, this heart felt performance for Travis, and Mixey, and all of us still here, has touched me in ways that to the depth of which I can only begin to fathom.

It is simply beyond beautiful.

Rest In Peace, Travis. We will never forget You.

~ To You & Susan, and The Entire Garson Family,
Much Love,
Geno
~~~

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 10 2009 at 4:38pm
Also, Mixey,

The beautiful words and thoughts, that You took the time to express and write to each of us here...   once again, so very beautiful. Thank You.

Toad said it so very well in his post above:

"...Most of us are many miles away from you, but we are closer by way of this Village.
    We love you, Mixey.... "

...ditto.

We Love You, Mixey...
Geno

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 1:37am
 Mixey

I totally agree with Gene and Toad !

Despite this very hard time to pass, thank you for all these very kind words.

And Bravo Mike !

Much kisses and love

Jean

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 6:59am
Originally posted by AmysFM AmysFM wrote:

Mixey

I totally agree with Gene and Toad !

Despite this very hard time to pass, thank you for all these very kind words.

And Bravo Mike !

Much kisses and love

Jean

Yes I am agree with you and all my soulful friends who wrote this.The loss of the beloved one is such a pain terminates and destroys all the beliefs inside and all you can say is "why?".

In this kind of pain ,you Mary Louise..you can think to thank us.You are  such a wonderful person..Travis was verry happy to have a mother likeyou I am sure.

Iwish I was there to hold your hand..god may give peace Travis..he is always in my prayers.

Date Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 9:36am
Thank you Jeff and Geno and Jean and Medea.

Mike sent me the following yesterday:

"Beautiful things on soulful planet.
My intention is to imortalize Travis rather than creating the concept of death.
Forms change.
Of course easier said than done but its how I feel.
I'm off to the gig.
I will play extra special for Travis.
Love
Mike"

I like what he said about imortalizing my son, rather than creating the concept of death.

It's hard to get past the morbidity and onto the celebration of life, and including him in all of my internal dialogue of celebrating the future.  Who would have thought that on this Easter weekend, I'd be burying my son?

Who would have thought that I could have shut up about him buying chocolate Easter bunnies 2 weeks ahead of time, and eating them all either, but I did.  Smile

Here he is doing an impromptu "commercial" 2 weeks ago in the grocery store.  Thank goodness for cell phone cameras.  Smile

I'm going to keep adding to this thread, because I have to, or I'll lose whatever's left of my mind... but the last thing my son would have wanted would be for sadness to overtake all of the good times.

Thank you to all of you for your love and support.
It's time for me to celebrate my son; and always remember to see the world through his eyes. He had uncommon insight.  It's a complicated story.

Easter is about continuation and joy.
Souls lives on.
With much love,

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 11:21am

Mixey!

Yes...... "I like what he said about imortalizing my son, rather than creating the concept of death."

I totally agree with these words that You wrote above, and yes...
Mike Garson is awesome for reminding us of this at this time!!!
((((Thanks, Mike!!!))))

and.... as You Said...

"It's time for me to celebrate my son; and always remember to see the world through his eyes. He had uncommon insight...."

Travis sure did have an uncommon insight into things of this world!!!
Let's Celebrate Travis's Life and The Memory of Trav that is so very much... right here with us.

Mixey, the thoughts, the pics, the feelings expressed are GREAT... please keep them coming!

~MuchLove Always,
Geno

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 11:29am
Thanks Geno.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 11 2009 at 8:57pm
               Mixey,
        A lot of folks here, including myself are just
 meeting Travis through the pictures of him you have
 posted in this thread. It is very special that you would
 share them with us.

toad

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 6:21am
Toad's observation is spot on ...

it is very special that you are moved to share some images of Travis, especially considering how wrenching it must be. But it's good to be able to see these images and think of him. I'm glad you choose to do this.

-------------
Jeff

Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 12:42pm

And Mixey,
here,
in this beautiful picture of You,
shot roughly 30 years ago,
at six months pregnant with Travis,
It all started right here...

So Happy, So Beautiful,
~MuchLove,
Geno

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 12 2009 at 3:05pm
Wow Travis was only about 5 years younger than me.

Life is too precious.

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 3:51pm
Mixey.
I just received this note on MySpace from Phil Hurtt, and I'm calling him right now.
Love,
Geno

~~~
Gene i just learned about Mixey's son Travis from Toad.
I AM FLOORED!
please post this on the Planet for me..for some reason i couldn't log on.
Much love.
Phil

Dear Mixey,
We only learned of your tragic loss today, when I read a message from Toad.

On behalf of my entire family and the staff at SRR, you have our deepest heartfelt condolences.
We can only imagine the depth of your grief at the loss of your only child. From the conversations you and I have shared, I know that the bond between you and you son Travis was a deep and loving one.
We, who love you, grieve with you and will be here for you in this difficult time.
If there is anything that we can do to support you through this valley, please call on us.
Louise sends her love, you are in and your family is in our prayers.
Much Love.
Phil
~~~~~

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 8:31pm
Thank you Geno, Toad, Jeff and MM...

I'm glad you all understand. 

Phil & Louise and everyone at Soul Renaissance Records...
Thank you for your care.  I know you know; and I appreciate you being there.

Geno... Thank you for posting that picture of me.  lol

Actually, that's NOT where it all began.  I'm going to go through my photos and I will scan some pictures of Travis' dad, my ex husband, who you (Geno... and a few others here) know.

Whether I'm elated about it or not, the story of our son began with the 2 of us; and for me to exclude him from this thread, would be a bit like insisting that I produced Travis via fission, or imaculate conception, which although my name is Mary and his name is Joseph, and I was told by 2 doctors that I couldn't conceive, he and I were having A LOT of fun at the time.  Travis was a surprise, but we were both smiling about him!

Be back later.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 8:47am
MIXEY,
 You look so happy in that photo.  Thank you Geno for sharing MIXEY'S spirit with us.

I think it's wonderful what Mike is doing for you and putting together all the photos of the beautiful Travis, what great memories you will always have.

Much Peace & Love,
S.S.

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 12:46pm
(((((((MIXEY)))))) et all.

Just returned from my New York trip last night and saw the beautiful updates in this thread.  We sure have some wonderful kind, caring people on this forum.  I applaud all of you.

Mixey, I love what's being done here.  Everyone cares so much about you and what you're going through.

I just wanted to add my love and concern for you and your family.  I consider you and everyone at SP to be a part of mine.  Please know I'm sending my love and comfort to you across the miles.  You will get through this and we are all here to help you.

Much love,

dream

-------------

Posted By: FRAFRA
Date Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 3:32pm
for u
be strong in this hard moment
ur not alone Smile

Posted By: Poke
Date Posted: Apr 14 2009 at 7:33pm
Mixey,

I just found out through Geno about your son.  Please accept my heartfelt condolences, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers always.  I too have lost loved ones.  My wife and my stepdaughter passed away within 5 years of each other, and sometimes there is no answer.  Please know that I am feeling your pain right now and that I am with you in spirit right along side you.  You are a wonderful woman, so take whatever time you need to heal.  We love you.  Cry

-Poke.

-------------
Much Love,
-Poke.

Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 7:39am
Thank you Soul Sister...
I was definitely happy in that picture.  We had just moved to San Diego.  When I was 19, I gave myself 5 years to move here.  I didn't think I'd be pregnant when I was 23; but I was.  We were married on my birthday in June, when I turned 24.  That picture was taken the weekend before we were married. Travis was born the last day in August.

Thank you Dream...
This thread is helping me so much.  If my son is looking in, he's appreciating too.  He loved what we are doing here on Soulful Planet, and was always very encouraging. 
Hope your trip to New York went well.  I have not read your update yet.

FRAFRA...
Thank you for the beautiful flowers.  They're stunning!  Thank you for saying I'm not alone.  It means a lot to feel that way, because right now, I'm feeling like 30 years of my life didn't exist.  When you lose so much, it's hard not to feel very solitary.

Poke...
Thank you so much.  I'm very sorry about your wife and your stepdaughter.  OMG that's so hard!  It takes about 5 years to get past a trauma to begin with, and then you were hit again.  Thank you for reminding me to take whatever time is necessary to heal. 

Toad and Jeff and Jean and Soul Sister and Medea...
I relayed your messages to Mike.  He had been reading over here, so he saw what you all have said and appreciates all of you. 
Geno... I gave him your message too.  He knows how you cared for Travis.  This has been so hard on both of you.  We all had such dreams. 

This is an art mosaic that Mike did with 3 photos of Travis... He says he wants to do more.  The music is David Bowie's "I'm Deranged", which features Mike's wild piano.  Trav would have been so tickled to see this.  Mike says Travis has been there with him, while he's doing all of it.  I can only hope.

I wrote a caption for youtube, saying: 

If Jesus lived next door, would he be accepted in our neighborhood; or would he be crucified again?

Travis had to deal with a raft of stupidity, prejudice, and intolerance in his short life. He was a kind and gentle soul, but very powerful in his way.  People either loved him or feared him... both extremes being just as irrational, and not much in between.  Very few knew who he was.

It will be interesting to read the youtube comments, if any.

Many times just the mention of Jesus, causes people to lose their sanity. 
I'm asking a valid question, that's aimed at needing clarification for why people make pre-determinations about someone else, when there's no basis for it.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 10:40am
M I X E Y,
 That video collage is awesome, what a nice tribute to 'Travis'. 
I'm sure Travis would love that!

Love, Peace, & Blessings,
S.S.

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 11:12am
"...why people make pre-determinations about someone else, when there's no basis for it."

I know what you mean, Mixey. And I assume you were speaking rhetorically.

But your statement applies the presumption of intelligence and wisdom.

And in the absence of intelligence and wisdom - people will jump to conclusions.

It's down to biology. It's us ... what's in our dna. And how our base instincts have evolved over a few thousand years.

We fancy ourselves to be so hip and understanding and together ... and yet just beneath the surface our old genetic programming is still online 24/7 ... whispering to us to be wary of those who do not look, sound, smell, or walk exactly like we do. We are programmed to be on guard.

And if humans cannot "reason" their way around these base instincts - if we cannot overcome predjudices and fears, then we cannot trust. We will not be willing to try to really know someone.

-------------
Jeff

Date Posted: Apr 15 2009 at 2:32pm

Mixey,
This is an awesome video tribute to Travis... your only son, taken away from this earth far too soon... We all miss him, yet still feel him very much right here with us.
Mike (Garson), beautiful, artistic work here that says worlds in tribute, memory and honor to Trav.
— Travis... wherever You are now... Rest In Peace —
~MuchLove To All, and Trav, we will never forget You.
Geno

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 6:54am
OMG!!!

I agree with everyone's comments here.  A very moving and beautiful tribute to Travis.  Mike Garson, YOU ROCK!!!

Mixey & Jeff, your words really touched me because they ring with so much truth.

It brings tears to my eyes every time I come to this thread, but I feel so much good emotion coming through the computer screen at the same time.  We are together as one here and that's a good feeling through all the sadness.

dream

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 8:02am
Thank you Soul Sister, Jeff, Geno and Dream...

You make an interesting point about DNA Jeff. 

Learned experiences are recorded in our genes and passed down.
The ignorant, conditioned responses I'm talking about, are of a fairly recent vintage... hysterical propaganda, designed to shred the very fabric of common decency.

CHOOSE to listen to my "OUT OF AFRICA" DNA.
If a hungry lion is living over there... and I'm not personally friends with him... I'll take a different route.

If a tall black man is walking next to me in the supermarket, I don't need to position my finger over speed dial, just in case!

That being said, I know that...
Feeding anger, just causes evil intentions to persist... but moving through anger will also helps me get through this grieving process... so bombs away... 

I'll get back to mentally neutralizing all the ignorant f**kers shortly.  Thumbs%20Up
They know not what they do...

That's the kind of good emotion I want to get back to... moving ahead with acceptance and love... even if my initial desire is to employ a well placed roundhouse kick to the head. Smile

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 10:06am
Originally posted by M I X E Y M I X E Y wrote:

Thank you Soul Sister, Jeff, Geno and Dream...

You make an interesting point about DNA Jeff. 

Learned experiences are recorded in our genes and passed down.
The ignorant, conditioned responses I'm talking about, are of a fairly recent vintage... hysterical propaganda, designed to shred the very fabric of common decency.

CHOOSE to listen to my "OUT OF AFRICA" DNA.
If a hungry lion is living over there... and I'm not personally friends with him... I'll take a different route.

If a tall black man is walking next to me in the supermarket, I don't need to position my finger over speed dial, just in case!

That being said, I know that...
Feeding anger, just causes evil intentions to persist... but moving through anger will also helps me get through this grieving process... so bombs away... 

I'll get back to mentally neutralizing all the ignorant f**kers shortly.  Thumbs%20Up
They know not what they do...

That's the kind of good emotion I want to get back to... moving ahead with acceptance and love... even if my initial desire is to employ a well placed roundhouse kick to the head. Smile

Mixey

Mixey I know this is a difficult time for you, but could you be so kind as to explain what you just said.  You lost me.

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:30am
LOL MM...

I guess I was a little out there when I wrote that.

Jeff was saying that DNA plays a role in how people view each other... survival determinations from past experiences, stored in our DNA.  At least that's what I understood from what he said... in his response to my mini rant about prejudging.

Since we're all supposed to be from Africa, or at least that was the idea a little while ago, then I figure that I can opt for tapping into the survival mechanism stored in my DNA from that history, when we were probably all the same color. 

I'm just burned up because my son had to deal with idiot people who were distrusting of him for no other reason but skin color.  I'm not just upset with prejudiced white people.  I'm burned up with black people, who thought he was too white as well. 

Obviously, this is an old rant, that applies to tons of people.

I'm just angry that any of my son's time and mine, had to be devoted to dealing with that. 
He only had 30 years here.

Eyes wide shut... This is me and my ex.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 11:33am
Another picture of Lee:

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 12:13pm

Always the communicator... Travis... 4 months old.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 9:32pm

Mixey...
Beautiful pics of You, Lee & Travis.
~MuchLove,
Geno

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 16 2009 at 9:38pm
One of my favorite pictures of

Mixey & Trav at the Zoo...

and the full picture of
Mixey & Trav at the Zoo... with the A Very Happy Camel...

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 12:26am
OMG Geno... LOL 

The camel was having a good time with us that day... scroll to the right... Jeez the picture is HUGE! 

Travis was 4 years old in that picture.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 12:33am

Travis at about 6 months and me.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 2:13am
Yes... it's GiaNormous!!! *lol*

Mixey Another Great Shot, too!!!

Love it!!!!!!!
~LoveYA,
Geno

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 2:28am
I'm just going to post pictures of Trav as I'm finding them at all ages. 
My memories are so racing around in my head so fast. 
This thread is helping me so much!!

13... Goofing around with our friend Cricket in Hawaii. 
Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 2:37am

Back To The Future...

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 2:45am

The 1st Christmas...

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 2:52am
Trav's 7 year birthday on a train to Disneyland with his best friend Tim:

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 2:53am
Travis & Tim in the water in La Jolla.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 3:10am

Travis around 14 months at the bay in San Diego:

Mixey ...
Working with S. P. A. T. at the moment

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 3:17am

He had a lot of friends. Matt... Tim... Travis... Yasha

Mixey &
S. P. A. T.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 3:25am
Travis at 25... Mike has done some atristic manipulations starting with this picture that are gorgeous!  Thank you Mike.

Mixey &
S. P. A. T.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 6:06am
             Great Photos, Mixey
      Thanks for sharing those happy times with us.
   We love you !

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 9:27am
Those are great pictures Mixey.   I cant even begin to imagine how hard this is for you sharing your thoughts and memories of your son with us.

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 10:58am
WONDERFUL photos ((((MIXEY))))!!!

Thank you for sharing them with us.  I'm very moved by all of them and am pleased you are remembering the good times.  It's as it should be.

Love & XXZX OOO from Maine to California.Thumbs%20UpHugHeart

dream

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 12:57pm
{{{{M I X E Y}}}}

What beautiful memories of the adorable "Travis", so precious!
You looked like a very cute "little girl" in some of those pics with Travis' father.  Smile  Love the beach/ocean shots.
Great shots, Great memories, thanks for sharing your beautiful life with us all.

S.S.
***  xx0

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 6:40pm
Mixey ...

It's so nice to see these photos.

And it's so generous of you to post them ... I hope it is helping.

xo

Jeff  

-------------
Jeff

Posted By: Poke
Date Posted: Apr 17 2009 at 7:54pm
Mixey,

What WONDERFUL, AMAZING PICTURES!!!  What an incredibly handsome man!!!  Thank you so much for sharing the intimate little things and times in his and your life which are, for us all, the foundation for realizing the beauty of this world over anything else.  Without a doubt he had wonderful times with wonderful friends, and you're so gracious as to allow us to breathe it all in along with you.  Bravissimo. ClapBig%20smile Clap SmileClap Big%20smileClap

Much Love

-------------
Much Love,
-Poke.

Date Posted: Apr 18 2009 at 6:22am
Mixey,

I have no words to express my sympathy for you...
It's simply so nice (just like everybody here have said) to share these pics with us!
I hope that the end of this year will bring much better news because since the beginning of this year ... it's terrible

Much love and kisses from all here

Sincerly yours

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741 - http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741

Jean

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 2:44pm
Thanks Toad... We did have a lot of good times thankfully... and very recently too.  We spent so much time together the week before he died.  We watched the sunset together in the middle of eating dinner on the pier.  Trav always loved to see the sunset over the ocean.  These pictures were taken on Friday evening March 27th. We were goofing around and I took a picture of his feet.

Thank you MM... Yes... it has been really hard, but this thread is helping me.  I was able to talk about it for the first time with my architect today.  The guys who are working on the studio saw Travis all the time.  The studio was as much for him as for me.  When I told Frederic what happened, he was trying so hard to keep it together for me.  What a sweetheart.  He didn't know if I wanted to take some time off from the project or not.  I told him, no... we have to keep going.  My son would have wanted it that way. 

Thank you so much Dream... I don't know what it is about crying, but sometimes it feels better if someone hears you.  So I guess I'm crying all over everybody here, and you're all being so supportive, and I thank each and every one of you.  I feel good knowing that I've been there for other people in my way; so I kind of feel like it's ok to holler all over the place.  It sure is helping.

Thank you Soul Sister...  We all love our babies.  I feel good that I treated my son's friends like they were my own.  I love kids.  I always thought I'd have maybe 9 or so.  Lee has 12 that I know of.  Travis was number 10.  Yes I was a "little girl".  I didn't know much about anything.  I was told I couldn't get pregnant by 2 doctors, as well.  Since Lee had so many children, and he wasn't being a dad to them, I thought I could change that, by creating a loving environment.  I had no need for jealousy and competing with other women, etc.  I just had a great time with the kids.  Their mothers were really nice women, not how Lee had portrayed them.  Then... surprise, the doctors were wrong. 

Thanks Jeff... Going through pictures is helping a whole lot!  This weekend, I had to take a break from it and go under the covers, but I'm back and a little better day by day.  Mom is trying to get through as well.  We went out of Saturday and it was hard being out; but being as normal as possible is the best for us I think.

Thanks so much Poke... So cool of you to say that.  That's what we hope for in this life, to breathe in as much of it as we can, for ourselves and others.  I feel sort of embarrassed that it's just about my family on this thread.  I have room in my heart for all of you.  You can share your pictures with me here too.  That would help me as well. 

Thank you Jean for sharing that "Stand By Me" video.  That was beautiful!  My son would have been surprised at the outpouring of love that has been coming in on his behalf.  I can't thank you enough. This was after the sun went down, just after dinner on the pier.  It's my last picture of him in life.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 20 2009 at 4:38pm
You are really wonderful  woman Mary Louise ,sharing these memories of Travis.

I feel his heart ,no matter he is not here anymore...no..here is here in our hearts coming out of this pages with his sweet smile

.I felt his heart and special soul Mary Louise,really.He is a special guy like you..like his beautiful mum,in every way.

Love you Mixey. 

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:46am
Mixey,
In Memory of Travis...
~Love You,
Geno

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 3:12am
Medea...
Thank you for your kindness.  If death causes people to come together in love, then death can't be such a bad thing.  I have to keep thinking that way.  I thought about it a lot, regarding Baris.  I couldn't believe the timing of that lesson.  It's all so powerful... a message of peace.  Yet there is also real anger, when someone you love dies.  Who is responsible?  Why did it happen?  It's maddening, but within all of it, I keep having to remember that we are all one.  Separation is an illusion.  It's very hard to keep that viewpoint, while in a body.

Geno...
Thank you.  That's beautiful!!! 
You know, when I saw the cell phone picture that I took, it looked like my son was looking the other direction... not how I remembered him.  I'm happy you did what you did, because now I can see that he was looking the direction I remembered.

When someone you love dies, there's an anxiety to remember every detail.  My mind is constantly going over and over everything. 

... I need to know what happened to him, and we won't know for possibly weeks. The waiting is horrible... and yet I feel like I'm interacting with him. 

I'm going to try asking him what happened tonight.  Maybe he'll be able to tell me.

Thanks again Geno.  I was sound asleep when you called, but I saw the other pictures that you did.  They're ALL beautiful.

... and you did all of that, while dealing with your uncle's death.  You're really something to be thinking about me at a time like this.

Much Love,

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 3:52am
Travis under the bridge, where the lagoon meets the sea. 

We spread his ashes in the sea at suset on Saturday April 4th.

It was a beautiful sunset. 

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 4:16am

My world...

Loving life...

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 4:24am
First Birthday...

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 4:38am
I can hit the ball... but I may not want to.

Mixey

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 8:39am
((((MIXEY))))

What BEAUTIFUL photos.  They are so revealing and what I see in Travis' eyes really moves me.  I can see so much sensitivity and a deepness into his soul.  It tells me what a special young man he became.

I feel his spirit is here with us and it will always be with you.

A friend of mine and I spread another friend's ashes in the sea in 3 places - Mexico, Florida and on Squirrel Island in Maine.  She was a vagabond and lived in all 3 areas.  We felt it was appropriate to spread her ashes in those places she loved most.

dream

-------------

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 11:18am
Mixey, this is such a wonderful tribute to your beautiful son.  His light shines through his eyes and it's apparent he was a very special young man - but how could he not be with a mother who clearly loves him so very much. The loss is devastating and I feel so deeply for you. Hang in there. Moving on - going forward - is the hardest thing we have to do - and the most essential.  

-------------
Keep On Keepin' On

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 12:42pm
WOW...

Thank you Dream and Misty!

Travis was magnetic.  In many ways I wish he hadn't been.  If you're onstage... personal magnetism works wonders in a positive way.  If the world is your stage, personal magnetism can draw in the wrong ideas... It can cause people to desire an explanation for something they don't understand. 

Most people are good people.  They don't mind looking in the mirror.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have a difficult time with themselves.  These are the people, who had intolerance for my son, or felt a need to control him.

I can't tell you how many times he was stopped by the police, just for walking on our own street.  We even had a neighbor call the police, because he was sitting IN OUR OWN FRONT YARD... listening to music, with the headphones on, no less... not even making noise.

This would have happened in any neighborhood.  We traveled all over.  The reactions were the same everywhere.  He needed to continually be validated for breathing for some reason.  People wanted to own him or destroy him.  There wasn't much in between.

Thank you for seeing behind his eyes.  He was a deep thinker, and he cared greatly about people and animals and life. 

Mixey

Posted By: manifoldgrace
Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 9:00pm
Mixey,

I've been out of the loop for quite some time and just saw the posts about the loss of your beautiful son.  Today also just happens to be the day my husband and I buried his best friend, Michael, so my heart is heavy right now.  I believe God brings His beauty to us through people we encounter in this life ... however fleeting our time is together.  How sad if we do not appreciate and cherish each life while we have them with us. 

My heartfelt condolences to you.  I wish you peace!

Date Posted: Apr 21 2009 at 9:32pm
Jeez, MIXEY...

It's wrenching for me to read what you've written about the prejudice &/ judgemental behavior Travis and you both had to deal with.

If I imagine myself in his place ... on the receiving end ... I know I would be devastated. That an ugly stew of fury and bitterness would eventually overwhelm me. Probably worse. I'm sure I would struggle terribly with it. I don't know if, after a while I could trust, or feel serene. It must have been really bad.

But I can also imagine the happy Travis ... exuding humor and joy and positive energy. Doing things he loved to do. As a parent it's not hard to imagine that kind of thing. 

My two girls have grown and left the nest. They're off in college, building their lives, new friendships, and thinking about everything that lies in front of them. We see our girls less and less. This is probably the last year one of them will be home for a month or two this summer. I miss them pretty badly some days; sometimes I feel a very deep sadness about the detachment. But when I miss them I find that my mind goes back to my fond memories. My mind, or maybe my instincts stay away from sad memories and traumatic episodes. When the bad stuff pops up randomly, I have to squelch it.

Selective memory?... I don't know. Is this kind of thing a concious response? Maybe it's a necessary defense mechanism. But it sure is easier on the mind and heart to focus on the good memories.

What I can't imagine so well is how it feels to be in your position. I guess it's an emotional rollercoaster that keeps making repeat runs and finally one day you're able to get off. I hope that happens soon, and I hope your good memories are the ones that bubble up most often.

-------------
Jeff

Print Page | Close Window