Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Politicians & Policy for Zip, Ban, Delete - SOPA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Politicians & Policy for Zip, Ban, Delete - SOPA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 12:00pm
Thank you very much Dream.    I do know... and I appreciate you too. I too welcome a heads up from whomever, if that's what this really is.

In regard to Ralph's post above, my opinion of what would "suffice", is allowing a person to voice their viewpoint. That's not being altruistic. It's just doing what makes sense in a world where too many people are being discounted.

Notes to be taken seriously...
If our "guest" is impersonating Ralph Terrana, my thoughts are as follows:

1. Using someone else's full name and posting under it, isn't honest.

2. The shoe does sort of fit so far, so at this point, I'm willing to entertain for short while that you're the authentic moderator of Soulful Delete.

However...
3.   I'll have S. P. A. T. shoot Ralph an e-mail tonight to let him know just in case we've got "a situation" over here... as a courtesy.

4.   It's true that there's some nasty code out here that gets dumped on forums. That's why Bruce and Char from our Soulful Planet Administration Team look in on it from the backside. We can't catch everything; but we try. Getting rid of malicious code, is a whole lot different than getting rid of loyal member's memberships and editing people's words, which is what some of us experienced on Soulful Detroit. It was shameful, IMO. If you'd like to talk about that... we can go for it.

Mixey
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 12:28pm
Hi Mixey,

I can assure you the poster was Ralph Terrana, and I know the e-mail will confirm it.

I'm not about to get into the forum wars mess again.  More than enough has been said about it already.  We have to remember we gave as good as we got, and parties were gulity of misbehavior on BOTH sides, including myself.

I will not be party to continuing the acrimony here or anywhere else.  There's no point to it!  It's LONG OVER, and it should be.  When people continue to hold grudges over something that happened years ago, they only hurt themselves.  Many of us became personal friends at SD, and I'll always be grateful for the ones I'm still friends with today.  Most internet forums have moderators and rules for good reason, and it's up to the owners of those forums to decide on those rules.  I prefer to see the forums as non-competitive and having a primary interest in common.

When someone - Ralph - is willing to extend an olive branch, I'm willing to accept it, and have.  It's your choice to do as you please, but I will not participate in any more discussion about what happened years ago.  Like I said above, I let go of all ill feelings and bitterness a long time ago, and my decision to do so will stand.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Ralph Terrana View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Terrana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 1:43pm
Wow, I'm sorry if I stirred up a debate of some sort. I only meant to warn another forum of a possible threat. Yes Mixie, it really is me. I'll have to just mention, and then I'm out, that you seem inclined to hang onto some past gripes, and that is your choice, but I make no apologies for the way I run my forum. My good members come first and always will. I am there to serve them. I don't mean to be unkind, but you generally seem to have three or four posters in your active membership. I have hundreds. What am I doing wrong? Be well and all the best. I'm gone.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 7:08pm
OK... so you have the inside scoop Dream.
I'll take your word for it that this is not an impersonator then, and forego the e-mail. Ralph has my e-mail address to begin with, re "olive branches" and such, and I know he's got other people's e-mail addresses here, because he's attempted to invite them back over to SD, by saying nasty things about me, I'm aware.

Ralph... and everybody else... This thread is about censorship. I have my viewpoints about it. I don't enjoy shutting people off. I feel that people's words should be valued, even if we don't agree.

In terms of your forum Ralph... it's nice that you have 100s of members. I know you'd be happier if you had my few as well. The best way to accomplish this would be to offer them a whole lot of money and pay them extremely well for every post they might make on your forum. Times are tough!

What we lack in numbers here, we make up in content, and our readership is through the roof. Of course, I'm sure that some people might contribute to the Soulful Olive Branch Forum for free, if Your Highness will consider lifting the ban for them.

I guess you know that our very valued member Toad has passed away. In terms of "olive branches", he was run off of your Soulful Detroit for trying to unite everyone. So please... I'm not impressed or misseled by your show of concern. The last time you supposedly extended an "olive branch"... via Dream, was on the piano thread. That managed to cause a small exodus from here. People flock to abuse you know.

I don't enjoy abuse or being an abuser. That's not expressing acrimony, or holding a grudge. I'm calling you out on your overbearing desire to control your members. I think people deserve more respect than that; but it's a known fact that if you keep constant with that tried and true formula of treating people with disrespect, I'm sure you'll have a flock of 1,000s in time, while I might very well have a flock of 1.

Dividers and conquerors across the ages have always ended up a sorry lot. They win wars and lose themselves in the process. How has this ever been helpful to humanity?

I'd like to see people trust and honor each other as being of one mind, inclusive of all differences and similarities, in order to move this world forward in a civilized manner. Unfortunately, trust is difficult to extend, when history dictates that prior behavior is not to be trusted. Possibly we can change that a little bit here, anyway... but if not, I'd rather have a membership of a few original, free thinkers, than have a flock of subjects, who enjoy being called to order.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Mixey
Ralph Terrana View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Terrana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 8:09pm
Well since you asked for my thoughts:
Mixie, some time you just don't know what you are talking about. I don't know where you dredge up your "facts" about the past, but you're a little shy of the mark. You won't agree with this, I know but your attitude has brought back to my memory what I have expected to get from you. Which isn't much. I was sorry to learn of Toad's passing. He was a talented guy, but, in all honesty, he asked to be bounced from SD, so I obliged him.
As far as any bans, there are none that I know of. Anyone is welcome to SD as long as they act like adults, which 99% do. It is only occasionally that I have to deal with a trouble maker these days.
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 10:01pm
Yes, but what would Frank say? ...

s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 10:15pm
How brave of you Ralph, to offer that Toad asked to get banned from SD. What do you think Toad would say about that? Do you think he'd agree with you?

Also... You say you require your members to "act like adults". I'd be interested in hearing what your description of acting like an adult is. Were you behaving like an adult when you called me "a useless chick" back in the day? Are you behaving like an adult now in your above post, by saying that what you'd expect from me isn't much? Maybe "acting like and adult" is a phrase you heard as a child, while being admonished by your parents; and now you're happy that you get to be the parent.

Nice of you to invite our flock of 1, to post on your forum. Here's the link, in case anyone reading this doesn't know what we're talking about... Welcome to Ralph's Soulful Detroit Forum

Thank you for your continued compliments of not expecting much from me.

Geno! Classic Zappa... behaving as an adult... against censorship!

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 10:56pm
Question: hixhissuts

"Golf much"?

or are you Nina with yet another name... we've missed you and I'm still waiting for your fragrant response to your last post...

Originally posted by Gene_Leone_Mix, in the last millennium Gene_Leone_Mix, in the last millennium wrote:

Nina said:
"Don’t follow your friends when they say: “Golf Lessons are useless”...

followed by:

..."Buying tit leist ap2
irons
can be a great option for consumers.
The younker strength try to piss the move for a few rounds
but presently the advice becomes inhumed beneath the mass of tips"

~~~
Nina-Spam-Bot-Babe, Yes!!!
...love it when you talk like this...
This makes perfect sense to me!

Ok, I'm sending a candid snap shot
of these Irons in use
during those useless Golf Lessons!

Go Nina!!!
__

––••––

... not to worry, there're all here for you...

Topic: Golf & other Spam Member Links

--••--
Nina, looking forward to that response, and as usual...

Take your time to answer.

No problem.

We'll wait.

Got all day.

And night,

We'll just wait.

Right here.

No problem. Really.    

Makin' coffee.

Want some?

Might be a while. I know.    

Honestly, no problem.

~Hugs and Such,
Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 11:34pm
In the mean time while we're waiting...

The latest SOPA developement...

This just in...

— SOPA and PIPA return… as toilet paper —

SOPA and PIPA return… as toilet paper
MARCH 19, 2012 BY ANDREW COUTS

"...Following the January 18 mass online blackout against the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA), Congress flushed these contentious pieces of intellectual property legislation down the proverbial toilet thanks to a soiling of public outcry. And now a Kickstarter project wants to help you send these bills down the crapper again — literally.

The project, known on Kickstarter simply as “Print the SOPA and PIPA bills on Toilet Paper!”, is exactly what it sounds like — SOPA and PIPA on toilet paper. According to the project’s creator, who goes by Craig R. (he told us he’d prefer that his “moonlighting as an entrepreneur not become official office gossip”), the point of the project is to create a symbol around which SOPA and PIPA opponents can rally. ... ..."
SOPA and PIPA return… as toilet paper - full story with pictures, here

*LoL*

and yes, glad that you asked, yes of course... there's a video!

_

...even on freakin' toilet paper, it's still a bad idea!

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2012 at 11:57pm
Geno...

I wonder why he didn't put it up on youtube as well, if he's trying to come up with $2,000.

Yeah... sort of missed on that idea. lol

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 12:17am
Mixey, Yup!

...just kinda proves the point that the SOPA/PIPA gatekeeper crap concept,
isn't even worth the toilet paper that it could possibly be printed upon... with or without the video.
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 7:54am
Well Mixie, I suppose if we accomplished anything here it is we don't seem to care for one another all that much. I came here in good faith to give you a heads-up about a potential virus and you chose to roil the waters of the past with more of your vitriolic blather. I'll not do that again should the situation arise. It just proves to me all that I have suspected about you and I am so gone now. I hope you find some peace in your life.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 8:24am
GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!

In reference to the piano thread, what difference does it make if an olive branch is extended via a forum member in a public way on a public forum????  The point is, it was extended, and rejected with snide remarks.  Extending olive branches through private e-mail (Mixey's reference to Ralph having her e-mail address) is a form of censorship, isn't it??  It's certainly not public on the forum.  We're told this thread is all about censorship.

This time, Ralph extended an olive branch right here under "Guest Parking" which is supposed to be an area where anyone can post.   No zip, ban and delete - remember!   He issued a friendly warning about something that could be harmful to this site because he noticed something similar on his own site, in response to an odd post in this thread.  Where's the crime in doing so?  Again, he was greeted with snide remarks.

When one dredges up name calling from the past, which we were all guilty of doing, it only demonstrates to me that old resentments die hard.  That's sad.  Some people came late to the "party" so-to-speak, and don't even know what happened to cause the old problems.

That's just it - they are old problems.  Many involved have forgiven and have moved on.  I feel sorry for those who can't forgive and forget.  It must be a terrible burden to carry.  I say BRAVO to those who have.

dream

Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 9:47am
OMG!  How does a message of good will turn int this?!

From what I see is Ralph made a kind gesture in offering some important and valid information to protect this forum.  I thought it was generous and big on his part to do so, he took the first step in friendship and peace holding out the olive branch.  I think it was unfair to chop his head off for being decent.

As dream/Mary has stated many of us have buried the hatchet on both sides to move on with peace and civility even if not with a close friendship tie.   I think it is so against nature to hold onto old greviences and carry a grudge with anyone through the years, it's self-distructive and harmful to any of us personally.
I said my peace publicly  twice back 4 and 5 years ago right here on this forum.  I've since said it privately to certain individuals and apologized for my part in the forum war and anything hurtful I said to anyone over it.  I mean that.  Since Jimmy's medical issues these past years.....one thing I learned is life is too precious and way too short to hold anomosity.  I also learned about myself through it all and I didn't like the negative turn I was experiencing at the time and had to let it go for my own good feeling.  If anyone on the other side can't let it go then that is their problem in their own head and heart to deal with, to eat them up.  I'd rather be happy in what at times can be a very stressful life for any of us especally in these times, we need to come together  and if that's not possible then to just move ahead in peace.
I have made peace with some members at SDF, I've made ammends with my sister Vonnie& Bobby too.
We all go along way back on SDF as the core group of 2001 & 2002, what happened in 2005 was a tragedy and the forum has not been the same since, many knowledgeable people left and that's a shame. 
We all here on SP & on SDF have common bonds and if we could be at peace, be civil if not kind to one another and the rest of the music world I think that is a good positive step in the world as well as in our own karma. 
I for one hold no anomosity towards ANYONE over there at SDF.  Will I be best buddies with anyone over there at this point no I don't think so but then the forum has changed as life keeps moving in different directions but I am happy to be at PEACE with EVERYONE!!
MIXEY, You've developed a wonderful forum here and I love everyone here.  I appreciate what you have given us "alot"!!!!!!!  I believe a little peace and kindness to others who offer it to us is a good positive thing.  That's me.  Everyone can do as they feel is right for them.

PEACE & BLESSINGS,
S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 10:19am
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap  Well said, S.S..  I agree with every word.

This forum "war" has been through 3 forums and a nasty mess on myspace.  ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

As S.S. says, life is too short to hold on to resentments.  We're all dealing with serious issues in our lives that are far more important than petty resentments.  Doesn't mean you have to be best buddies with someone you forgive.  It means you need to let go and move on for your own well being!  That's my philosophy anyway.

We all made some good friendships at Soulful Detroit.  I'm happy to say some of my friendships there have continued.   In others, we've repaired the damage, and in some we've just let go and moved on.

We all need to remember, we would not have met at all, if it hadn't been for SD.  We came together because we all love the same music.  It was a wonderful learning experience for me, since I come from a state that does not embrace doo wop and soul/R&B.  I prefer to look at the good things that came from my participation on that forum.

I also embrace the people and learning experiences from SixtiesDetroit and SP.  Facebook has opened up a whole new world to me as well, and I embrace the people and my experience there.

Negativity and holding grudges do not have an important place in my life.  I seek peace and contentment. Too many good people and places are out there to welcome and embrace.  The only conscience I have to live with is my own, and I'm happy with myself and where I am with regard to how I treat others.

dream
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 11:59am

I'm so glad that none of this is any of my business.

I'll just acknowledge that one of the hardest things in the world to do is
to let go of upset and resentment when you feel you've really been wronged.
I admit that it's hard for me to lay down arms and call a truce. My MO is to
want to bash skulls and extract apologies with my hands around your throat. LOL

Mixey, I don't presume to be in a position to advise you on this matter.
All I can say is that it appears you and Ralph continue to see this
situation differently, and to disagree vehemently about what was done,
and who was responsible. To my experience situations like these are
rarely worked out to the satisfaction of all parties.

I don't know Ralph; nor have I ever corresponded with him.
But I know you a little, sort of, and I do care about you. And my wish for
you is to be happy, and at peace. I know this is easier said than done,
particularly in light of what you've been through the last few years.
If Ralph has done you wrong and doesn't own it, he may never do so.
Conversely, if you crossed a line with Ralph and don't recognize it, that
may still be at play in this drama. But my opinion is uninformed.

I do know that your regular forum members do respect you
and appreciate what you've created for our benefit. And I hope this old
drama gets to fade away and disappear because it's just history.
And Ralph's alleged disrespect of you does not define you.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 12:14pm
Dream,
Your last paragraph says it all, my sentiments exactly!!!Smile

Peace & Blessings,
S.S.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 12:29pm
Dream... you know me better than to accuse me of censorship. That doesn't even sound like you.

Soul Sister... I too know what it's like to care for a person in their 80's. I'm taking care of Mom right now.

Dream & Soul Sister...
In 10 days, it will be the 3rd anniversary of my son's death. I don't need to be addressing this SPIN of forum war/olive branch/grudge material right now. Whatever this is really about... you don't need to include me in it, and try to make it sound like I've done something wrong. If you want to go over to SD... just go for it. You don't need to spread untruths about me. I feel like I'm in a school yard and my girlfriends want to be friends with someone else, but they have to throw sand in my face first for some reason.

Ralph... When I've earned a billion dollars to throw around altruistically, I'm sure we still won't agree.

Thank you Jeff. It's now a SPIN zone on this thread.   I thought someone was trying to start trouble in Ralph's name and I was feeling it necessary to alert him. Then I realized... nope... it's the snake himself, with Dream already informed and Soul Sister in the loop as well. Whatever...   

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 1:08pm
MIXEY!
First let me say I know the stress being one's only caregiver can give, this is why I have no intention of going back and forth with this.  My message was clearly simple "Treat others as you yourself expect to be treated with the same respect".

I am sorry about your loss of your beautiful son 3 years ago my heart was always with you in simpathy and condolences.  I wish you peace of mind.
I understand your feeling but you were the one to address Ralph's helpful gesture in a negative way.  We didn't bring it up. We just thought it was a bit harsh and unfair as he sent you a protective message for your forum.
I'm not arguing with you on anything, my point being I hope never to argue again with anyone, it takes too much energy I need to save to give to my husband's well-being period.  Love is the answer to peace of mind, where there is none is not a place I chose to be.

Now getting to your message to dream & myself I don't get where you are coming from???  Your accusations are so off base!!! You are not being criticized for your feelings we are just saying our feelings are to be nice to people who are nice to us, that is our choice!  What the hell are you talking about that dream & I are spreading unthruths about you???  I have NO interest in such behavior, I am telling you in above posts that is the opposite of the way I conduct myself, that's why I forgave those who hurt me and apologized to those I hurt in the past.
I don't have the energy nor will I allow anyone to zap my positive energy.  Just not happenening.
As far as wanting to go back to SDF...ridiculious! If I had wanted too myself I could have 6 years ago when some called me on the phone to ask me to come back.  As I said life changes and keeps moving foward not backwards.  But I am happy to be at peace with all those who want to be at peace as well, plain and simple.
Conspiracies??? The only conspiracy is the one contrived in your own mind.  I wish you peace of mind.
To alienate two of your four contributing posters left seems a bit out there to me.  To take things to such a personal level is not what I will put up with, you are so far off base as to dream & my intentions.  All we want in the world period is PEACE with all the world and chose not to hang on to old grudges that are a small thing in the real world of real life.
I guess now you'll hold grudges against dream & I for expressing to live in peace with all.

I wish you peace and wellness MIXEY, I sincerely do.
S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2012 at 1:09pm
HOLY CRAP is all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did Ralph's simple gesture of warning us about a potential problem with the site turn into conspiracy theories, name calling, sandboxes, etc..

Frankly, Mixey, I'm astonished at your latest response.

YOU were the one who told us this thread is all about censorship.  YOU were the one who referred to the piano thread and me giving advise (through and from Ralph), you asked for, about what type of piano to get for your studio.  It was his attempt to give you some friendly advise, since he knows a lot about it having worked for Motown for years before he owned his own studio.  Your reaction was less than pleasant at the time.  You also implied, in your previous post in this thread, that Ralph has your e-mail addy, so he should e-mail you if his intentions were good about offering friendly advise this time about a potential threat to this site.  The implication he should contact you privately, rather than here on the forum is a form of censorship in my book.  You can't have it both ways, preaching about people's valued words on a public forum, and then say someone should contact you privately to prove their words are genuine.

S.S. and I are spreading untruths about you???  What the Hell are you talking about??  I'm mystified, and I don't appreciate or like the accusation.

This is not about going back to SD.  The door has been open to do so for sometime - for everyone who went through the forum wars.  I haven't gone back because, as S.S. pointed out, the forum, the people and some of the subject matter have changed.  However, I do appreciate Ralph's invitation and his willingness to bury the hatchet.

I'm amazed that you would attack Soul Sister and me in the manner you just did, given the fact we have been here since the beginning, and have always appreciated the efforts you have made on our behalf.  Not only that, but we're two of the 4 to five posters you have, and your accusations and conspiracy theories could drive us away.  We are sick to death of this foolishness continuing on a forum we love!!

What we are trying to point out is what we have done in our own lives to be happy and content with our own consciences.  We forgive, we forget and we move on.

I'm am very sorry you are coming up on the 3rd anniversary of Travis' passing, and I know it's very difficult for you.  We all deal with difficult things in our lives.  That is why S.S. and I choose NOT to hold on to petty resentments from a long ago episode that continues to drag on for some to this day.

Clearly, you choose to hold on to past grievances for whatever reason.  That's your choice.  I choose not to do so.

I AM NOT CONSPIRING WITH RALPH or anyone else!  You have blown this way out of proportion with your latest post and the nastiness contained within.  I truly feel sorry for you, and hope someday you can come to peace with the bizzare thinking in your own mind.

dream
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic