Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Memorial
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our Friend BOB BABBITT has passed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAY MONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our Friend BOB BABBITT has passed.
    Posted: May 08 2011 at 12:57pm
I JUST TALKED TO ANN,AND BOB FELL AT THE STUDIO YESTERDAY,AND WENT INTO A SEIZURE.
HE'S IN THE HOSPITAL,AND THE DOCTORS SAY HE HAS A BRAIN TUMOR. HE'S COHERENT,AND THE DOCTOR SAYS THE TUMOR DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT'S BEEN THERE VERY LONG.
THEY WILL DECIDE TODAY WHAT COURSE OF TREATMENT TO TAKE. WHETHER TO REMOVE IT OR WHAT.

KEEP BOB IN YOUR PRAYERS,AND WE'LL ALL HOPE FOR THE BEST!!

RAY
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 2:04pm
So sad to hear this news, Ray.  Bob and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm sending get well soon vibes to him all the way from Maine.  Please keep us posted.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 3:33pm
          I'm stunned. I hope Bob gets the best medical
 help available there in Nashville. He should have a
 good chance at recovery. I know he has taken good care
 of his health in the past, and he is a strong guy.
 Get better soon, Bob !
 toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:13pm
Oh my goodness!

Ray,,, I'm blown away to hear this...
Jeez!
Bob, get better and well again, soon. We're all hoping for the best.
~Gene

Bob Babbitt - MOFSAB Sessions in Detroit 2006

Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 11:44am
So sorry to hear this, Ray.  Bob is in my prayers. 
Wishing him all the best for a full recovery.

S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 5:10am
Ray,

Any more news from Ann?

Please let us know how Bob is doing.

My prayers are with them.

Much Love,

Mixey

RAY MONETTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAY MONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 11:34am
THERE'S REALLY NOT MUCH NEW. AT LEAST HE'S BEEN HOME FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS. HE WILL GO IN TUESDAY FOR AN MRI. AFTER THAT,WE WILL KNOW MORE OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

BEST TO ALL,

RAY
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 2:13am
Thank you Ray.
I'm happy Bob has been at home.
Thinking about you Bob, and wondering how the MRI went & wishing you well.
Much Love,
Mixey

RAY MONETTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAY MONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 4:35pm
HERE'S A MESSAGE FROM BOB.

Many Nashville Storms Plus One Bob Babbitt Storm....

We have been having many storms here in Nashville recently and about May 2/3 lightning struck out the back door of my house and entered in to the house via underground....The lightning blew out all of my phone land lines, my internet, my sub wolfer on my surround sound speaker, my firestudio connnector to my main speakers in my midi studio and at the same time I was typing on my keypad the lightning came up into the pad and jolted my left hand causing it to raise about 5-6 ft in the air....The following weekend I was with an engineer friend of mine in my midi studio learning about my recently purchased Logic Pro recording technique when I had a bad fall...Thank God the engineer was here as he called 911 and an ambulance came to take me to the hospital....I was there 3-4 days came back home and then went back for 3-4 more days for Mri/Cat Scan test and some surgery....They sent me home last Friday and I have been feeling great! I will go next week to see the Drs and get update info on the test and they will let me know if I need any more treatment...etc....In the meantime the Funk Brothers will be doing two shows June 15 and 16 in Calagry, Canada, then Funk's will be at the Smithonian Instutute every day from June 30 to July 4th as part of their 2011 shows featuring the Blues and R&B/Motown artist....
I am really looking forward to playing with our fantastic band and to share the stage with long time friend and Funk Brother guitarist Eddie Willis!! Motown vocalist Kim Weston will also be a guest singer with us!
We will do two 40 minute shows a day and interviews between the shows as we will also be presented an honorariam to the Smithsonion Instutute.....I am told that the shows are free and if you can make it to see us please come and say hi and hang with us.....
The Funks then will appear on August 27th in Detroit, Michigan as part of a two day tribute show honoring the many Artists through the years that came from the different styles of Detroit music featuring some of the most creative musical talant in the history of music...
At some point in Oct the Funks will then be appearing in Hamilton, Canada and then the possibility of recording a new CD....We will then take a well deserved rest and come spring 2012 the Funk Brothers featuring the Phil Collins Horn section from Europe will do a tour of Europe playing at some of the major Jazz and Blues festivals along with shows all throughout England....Hopefully if you can make it to one of the shows don't forget to make an effort to come and say hi and hang with us....
 Bob
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2011 at 4:57pm
Sounds like he is doing better thank God.
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 10:49am
Sad News...

I just heard that our friend, Bob Babbitt passed away this morning,

Condolences to Bob's Immediate Family and his Extended Family of Friends and Fellow Studio Musicians.

~Gene

RIP, Bob, You will be greatly missed. So many, many sessions with Bob Babbitt over the years, both in Philly and Detroit... As I said earlier... So sad about this loss... I guess Toad, Uriel, PapaJoe, Ali, Jimmy and Crockett... are up there jammin already by now.

RIP Bob ~Geno

Gene_Leone_Mix

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:42pm
from Sue ( Susan Whitall ) ...DetroitNews
about Bob Babbitt...

Motown bassist and Funk Brother Bob Babbitt dies at 74

www.detroitnews.com - Susan Whitall
JULY 16, 2012 AT 2:37 PM

"Bob Babbitt, a bass player for Motown's studio band the Funk Brothers, died at 7:15 a.m. Monday in a Nashville hospice, according to his son, Joe Kreinar. Babbitt was 74.... "
Motown bassist and Funk Brother Bob Babbitt dies at 74
www.detroitnews.com - Susan Whitall (full story, click here)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:54pm
also...

Back in 2007, When we were "testing" our new SoulfulPlanet Forum
right here, Toad posted this "big picture" of Bob Babbitt... as a big jpg test.
RIP Toad, & RIP Bob...

Originally posted by toad toad wrote:

from the SoulfulPlanet Test thread.

and our crew from
"A Soulful Tale Of Two Cities" CD -
Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues

RIP to Bob Babbitt, and All of those of us that have passed on,
and are now... no doubt...
Jammin' up in the sky...

~Gene

s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2012 at 1:16pm
We're so very sorry to hear this news Geno! 

Bob was such a special guy, and his humor and his music will always be with me personally for the brief time I knew him.  His baselines for the soulful Planet project will always be easily in my head, and they make me smile every time I remember. 

Beautiful photo of Bob and Toad, Geno.  Such a feeling of loss here.  WOW! 

Ray, I'm thinking about you. 

Condolences to Bob's family, friends and fans. Cry

Goodbye Bob... Thank you for the music.

Mixey, Bruce & Char

Soulful Planet Administration Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2012 at 11:47pm
More comments and thoughts here on my FB Photos Page also:

Sad News... Bob Babbitt

and also on Toad's FB page (RIP Toad)

and

RIP Bob Babbitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2012 at 1:19pm
Heads up Everybody...

Funk Brother Bob Babbitt on NBC Rock Center TV TONIGHT 10pm EDT

This is Awesome! Bob Babbitt deserves this kind of tribute.
Hats off to Brian Williams and the NBC Rock Center TV Crew...
~Gene Leone Mix

Link:

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/

Dave Adams View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2012 at 2:49pm
My cousin deserves a tribute like this
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2012 at 7:41pm

Damn right he does Dave!

Bob was doubly blessed; a great player AND a big part of important musical history.

Pretty good for one man's life.

Jeff
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2012 at 10:42pm
Thank you Geno.  I'll be watching it here in San Diego in about 15 minutes.

Absolutely Jeff, Dave & Geno... Bob deserves a HUGE amount of recognition! 

Dave... Thanks for coming over here.  We're very sorry for your loss of your wonderful cousin.  You're welcome here.

Much Love to you & your family.
From,
Mixey, Bruce & Char

Soulful Planet Administration Team
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2012 at 10:49am
That piece was too short.  I hope it's the first of many about Bob!

Much Love to you Dave,

Mixey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic