Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Town Hall
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - OCCUPY WALL STREET... Revolt... Reform... Neither?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OCCUPY WALL STREET... Revolt... Reform... Neither?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OCCUPY WALL STREET... Revolt... Reform... Neither?
    Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 4:57am
OCCUPY WALL STREET is a grassroots movement that I am watching. I am not affiliated with it, or endorsing it at this time. I'm interested to see what they are doing.

Wall Street big wigs were on their balconies, arrogantly toasting the protesters with champagne and laughing, as the protesters marched on Wall Street.

The fact that the media has been blocking what is going on, tells me there must be significant concern that this may be the beginning of something HUGE!

Out of the thousands of people who marched on Wall Street, there were supposedly around 700 arrests on the Brooklyn Bridge. This happened a day or so ago... and protesters have been there for days. Did any of you hear about it?? I heard about Amanda Knox, being released from prison in Italy. I heard many other pieces of news. What's up with this?

Today... Occupy Wall Street, will be here in downtown San Diego. I wouldn't even have known about the march on Wall Street, if our local news here in San Diego had not made us aware that the same will be going on here today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

The idea is to show up in mass, with steadfast solidarity, and stay on topic.

"Occupy Wall Street" is FED up with elected officials who are not working for us and keeping their promises.

Is this the start of a mass...
REVOLT ?? (a radical movement, which demands immediate change)...
REFORM ?? (a movement which brings about gradual change)
NEITHER ?? (a movement of no consequence)

What do you think ??

Mixey
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 8:05am
Hi Mixey,

I heard about all the protests on the Brooklyn Bridge and elsewhere on the national news.  I watch ABC News.

I think it's too early to tell where these protests will go and how meaningful they will be.  I do think Wall Street protests are symbolic of the frustration and anger many people are feeling towards the bailout of the big banks,  the housing crisis, lack of jobs and the economy in general.  I also think they reflect peoples frustration and anger at Washington, the partisanship existing there, and the lack of anything to help the average American who is in trouble.  I think people see the president as weak and the members of Congress as idiots.  Their frustration is coming out in peaceful protests currently, but they could escalate as more become involved.  If a "movement" becomes organized - and it might now that unions are involved - it may become much larger and spread across the country.  I think people are frustrated with government on the national, state and local levels.

It will be interesting to see how this spreads, or dies out.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 9:54am
Hi Everybody!!!

I have been posting lots of thoughts and news release stuff day by day on
"Occupy Wall Street" since September 27th, over in the the $$ Jobs $$ Thread,
which kinda got sidetracked a bit by the "Occupy" Protests news.

There is alot of day by day developement history about all of this,
(Media Blackout stuff, and the turnaround) etc., concerning Occupy Wall Street" & "Occupy ..Everything") in those posts over there as well,
and for reference purposes,
I'll copy some of them now into this thread as well.

Very interesting what is going on with ALL of this!
~BigSmiles, Geno
~~~~~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 9:59am
{From the $$ Jobs $$ Thread]
Sept 27th 2011
~~~~~

The Occupy Wall Street Protesters
–••–

"... With an unemployment rate of 9.1 percent
and thousands of educated college students graduating
without any hope of finding a job,
the call to duty seems to be a personal one.

They vow to stay indefinitely; or at least until real change is made.

For now, the Wall Streeters may glare down flippantly,
perched comfortably up above,
but ...when will they have to step down and face the music? ..."

–••–

With unemployment sure to head to double digit figures very soon....

Is this how

and possibly where

a revolution & overthrow

can get started?...

— Wall Street Mocks Protesters with Champagne —

More info about this story,
The Occupy Wall Street Protesters...
(which has gotten very little "news coverage" I had to actually Google search it!)
can be found here

And I just found this...

And OMG!!!

Please... Please... Please...
Not Kent State ...all over again,
but this time,
peacefully protesting
about
Wall Street Greed
vs
people wanting to be able to just have a job and live.
Jeez!

_

...what a nightmare!

Now Wall Street Greed is putting our Police against our Citizens.
Please, ...not this again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 10:06am
{from the $$ Jobs $$ Thread}
Oct 3 2011

~~~~~~

The Occupy Wall Street Protests
are beginning to draw
much unwanted attention
to the crimes of the Wall Street
"greed is really good for the elite" crowd,
that got all of us caught up in a...
"... financial rat trap".

... and from the world of accurate news gathering...
FoxNews censors it's own FoxNews Interview...?

Why would FoxNews refuse to air this interview with Jesse LaGreca?

Update; I just read this in reference to the above Video interviewing Jesse LaGreca...

- Exclusive: Occupy Wall Street Activist Slams Fox News Producer In Un-Aired Interview [Video"> - (read here)

"... Even if Geraldo Rivera was at the Zuccotti Park yesterday, Fox News has generally been a tad dismissive of the Occupy Wall Street movement. Foxnews.com (as of this writing) has no coverage of this national event on their front page stories. (Hard to imagine for a network that was so gung-ho about the Tea Party!) Red Eye‘s Bill Schulz went out to try to “prank” the protesters. Bill O’Reilly sent a producer minion out with the same mission: to belittle OWS’s cause by cutting up interviews to make people sound stupid."

"Well, here is an interview that Fox News filmed, but doesn’t want you to see. The segment was shot on Wednesday for Greta van Susteren‘s show..."
- (continued, read here)

–––••–––

...and FoxNews might wonder why people without any hope of getting a decent job in their future, might be getting just a little upset?

–––**–––

After searching the FoxNews' website...
for any info about Occupy Wall Street
(nothing on the front page headlines),
I did find this article via 'search'
that had this to say...

Protest Movement From the Left
Occupy Wall Street -- More Than Just Another Loony Protest Movement From the Left
By Dan Gainor
Published October 03, 2011
".......The Occupied Wall Street Journal, is “THE REVOLUTION BEGINS AT HOME.”
Not exactly how to sell a movement to ordinary, taxpaying Americans, but demonstrators don’t really care. Remember, this is a global effort. Many protesters aren’t even American or despise American exceptionalism. But they have the force of propaganda on their side to push a typical liberal agenda and the media are throwing support behind them as well.
“A freelance reporter for The New York Times, Natasha Lennard, was among those arrested,” wrote the Times. Unsurprisingly, the police can’t tell Times reporters apart from radical leftists, a problem Americans have been grappling with for years. ... ... "

Occupy Wall Street -- More Than Just Another Loony FoxNews.com
(click here)

---•••---

...Makes you wonder...
what would happen if all of those
aren't even American protesters
started wearing FoxNews t-shirts
...just for the cameras?

Just a thought.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 10:22am
Mixey! I just realized that 'copying' the "Occupy" posts from the $$ Jobs $$ thread over to this thread is more complicated than I thought to keep it all in tack with the responses ... *LoL*
is it possibe to combine/move them into this thread from the $$ Jobs $$ from Sept 27th on... ? from the S.P.A.T. side

Or is it better for me to just copy/paste them here?

Let me know, Genoooooo
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 6:24pm
Geno!!!!!!!

I AM SO SORRY!!! Why didn't I make the connection???? I must be losing it, because I remember reading your posts and watching your videos before in the Jobs thread. We even talked about this on the phone!!!! OMG!!!

I'll do whatever everyone wants on the posts from the S. P. A. T. side.

Good grief!!! I think it hit me more as being real, because it was on our local news here. I remember your Kent State comment, and somehow I must have filed it away as being back then. I'm sorry I wasn't more present in conversing about it.

Mixey
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 6:36pm
I'm such an idiot!   I come up with this "revelation" to make sure and watch the "Occupy Wall Street" movement... and Geno has been posting all over The $$ Jobs $$ Thread about it for over a week!

OK...

Should we move Geno's posts and your responses to this thread?

Should we leave everything like it is?

Should we have them in both places?

Mixey
S. P. A. T.
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 9:50pm
      In the Army, they say "Leaders make quick
 decisions." Soooo.... Have them in both places ! Ying%20Yang

or not.... I'm no leader. Ouch

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2011 at 2:50pm
lol

Thank you.

Not true, by the way... you're a good leader.   

Geno and I were thinking the same thing... keeping in both places. We'll leave it like it is for a little while longer in case anyone else has an opinion on it.

Mixey

S. P. A. T.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2011 at 6:18am

I view this as an unfocused, general revolt against Wall Street, Big Banks,
and Government. Peoples' anger at all the illegal/immoral/unfair activity
the government has sponsored over the last decade has needed a vent
and this seems to be filling the need for the moment.

Sadly, it's clear that the vast majority of these people don't understand
who and what is really responsible for bringing down their standard of
living and ending America's run of prosperity. Until folks educate
themselves and come to understand the root causes they're not going
to know who to go after. The real power brokers have little to
worry about for the time being. 

The wheels of this so-called movement will soon fall off. The approaching
chilly weather, combined with the ratcheted-up abuse from the cops will
soon end these demonstrations in all but the warmest U.S. cities.

Jeff
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2011 at 6:43pm

My above post doesn't necessarily mean I'm not cheering them...
but in this day and age you need to be media-savvy and organize.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2011 at 7:50pm

Some "political types" are beginning to notice that some in America are not happy with what has happened to America under some "political types" crappy "leadership'...

So mass protest 'mobs' is what it takes to even get 'some politicians' to casually notice, that many in America might actually have a small problem with the current system of government for the corporation by some of those "political types".

Imgine that.

Well the good news. I guess, is that there is at least the possibility now of this crossing 'some politicians' minds, of just how bad things really are, for many of their 'constituitients' (aka those scum bag, low life, 'voting mobs' that actually might have voted THEM into the very office that they now hold), Ya know, those unemployed low lifes that had their homes foreclosed because Big Banking, The Fed and Wall Street are just so fair for everybody ... those "mobs"... trying now to simply live 'their' lives without somehow ending up, broke, sick and homeless.

Think about that.

Then ponder... why there might be a small problem with this very big picture of government for the corporation.

Aren't politicians supposed to represent the... oh, never mind.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/44836942#44836942

While the average Joe, the small business owners trying to stay in business and keep people employed... realize... here's YOUR bail out...

Pizza
anyone?

p.s. By the way... Enjoy the 'Bank of America' commercial that might precede this video story about... foreclosure. Irony!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2011 at 11:51pm

Very Interesting... While paranoid people like Glen Beck are now telling his flock on his radio show that these 'protesters are going to kill you' ...listen to what Alan Grayson has to say about Occupy Wall Street...

_
(click here)
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 8:15am
          Nothing drives me more crazy than to see people
 who have no clue. If you don't have  a hint of gray matter by the time you are 16 years old, who do you
 blame? The schools? Mom and Dad? I don't think so....

We are looking at the end product of materialism.
  For years it's been all about what you have, and not
 how to get it. When times are good, you can get stuff,
 even if it's just excess stuff others grow tired of.
  When times get tough, stuff won't feed you and the
 materialists begin to wake up to reality.
     Excess trickles down, and so does poverty. Gulp !Ouch
   Now...everybody without a clue is in the streets.
 They want government and leaders to "fix" things and
 bring the good times back. They fail to understand that
 our leaders don't suffer bad times, and can't relate to those who have fell off the gravy train.
        The clueless now suffer for being clueless. It's
 always been that way, and now is no exception.
    Nothing can educate people better than the School
 of Hard Knocks. It is the only school that has a perfect
 graduation rate. Everyone graduates, one way or another.

toad 
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 10:38am
Yep.

You can't educate people who don't care, or who are entirely emotionally
invested in their own opinions to the exclusion of hard facts, or
who are mentally unable altogether.

It is, and has been my opinion for some time that the majority of
American citizens fall into one of these three groups.

So there really isn't much that can be done to straighten out the mess we're in.
Things will continue to unravel.

Those in power who are taking advantage of this reality know that
this unfortunate majority of "challenged citizens" are easily manipulated
and misled. This is how the real power brokers have managed to
run their game so effectively all these years... as easy as lambs to slaughter.

Oh well. So it goes.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2011 at 1:28pm
October 11th, 2011

Zee plot thickens...

_
online.wsj.com (read full story here)

By the way... note the LACK of headlines also touting positive "ethics" stuff like this:

"Wall Street & Big Bank Executives band together to voluntarily give up bonuses & benefits while continuing to work at salaries slashed to minimum wage, rather than to see even one of their employees face unemployment. Vowing, 'It's our way of giving back'." -
— Stay tuned for more great ethics stories... Film at 11:00.

...on planet freakin' Mars.

(This could become SoulfulPlanet.com — Headlines We'd Love To See — Post #001)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2011 at 2:00pm

One of the most inspirational speeches
in recorded history
was given by
a comedian
by the name of
Charlie Chaplin.

(Speech by Charlie Chaplin_
(Song: Window by The Album Leaf)

Spanish - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEAp8HRyjxo
Chinese - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehBTKbGBvHc
French - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhiMZIh3XiA
Hungarian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J0D1cHARMc
Dutch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmRsEsISE8
Greek - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR0ZRMZ9y_I
Slovenian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXnmyhVcsBg
Polish - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuqbony9RiE
Finnish - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN93hUdVT2g
Korean - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR8Y7tO8yrI
Portuguese - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CE35ka2daM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpCds0e-kg
German - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMwYhgoHUVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zlNXO25-kc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PZwi89dgn4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2011 at 7:59am
October 15. 2011 -

— BBC: 'Occupy' protests at financial crisis go worldwide —

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world (click to watch video)

"...Protesters took to the streets in Sydney, Tokyo and Taipei
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

In pictures: Worldwide protests
'Money dominates political lives'
Madrid prepares for protest march
Protests against alleged corporate greed and government cutbacks have been rippling around the world's cities.

A large crowd gathered near the Colosseum in central Rome, where there were reports of a bank being attacked and cars were set alight.

Inspired by the Occupy Wall St movement and Spain's "Indignants", demonstrators have turned out from Asia to Europe.

Organisers expect rallies in 82 countries, with the action due to come full circle in New York.

In London, protesters plan to converge on the City for an "Occupy the London Stock Exchange" action.... ... ..."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world (full story)

and...

_
Full Story Continued here)

Well
... looks like the FED. World Banks, the International Monitary Theft Funds, Wall Street scammers and money mafia types, backed by many goobernments,
might have a tiny little global problem growing on their seedy, greedy hands.

They might want to re-think their exclusionary
"screw 'em all, let' em eat cake"
thinking... and fast!

Concerning the concept that
the big money-god-scammers and thiefs
might have
broken laws against Humanity on a Global Scale...

The word "prosecute" is being heard more and more.

But wait... What the hell is this going on?:

__

.......hmmmm.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2011 at 9:14am
Demands & Prosecute the Theft Perps!

— Occupy Chicago's List of Demands —
     The Chicago Tribune

__
www.chicagotribune.com/news
(full story here)

...It's a damned good start!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic