Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music Meccas > PHILLY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Philly Sesson for Carl Dixon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Philly Sesson for Carl Dixon
    Posted: Oct 24 2008 at 6:10pm
         I got an E-mail from Carl Dixon, and it looks as though Carl has assembled a Philly sesson with a
 Group he has named "Double Exposure".
      The featured tune on the following video clip
 is called "Soul Recession".
      I think the studio is Bobby Eli's Studio E
   Maybe Geno can fill us in on who he can spot
on the clip concerning musicians and singers.
     Jimmy Williams on Bass,and Bobby on guitar....
  He would like comments to be posted on YouTube,
if you would be so inclined. Here is the link:
       http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbh3KR8GNkc

It sounds real cheerful, and soulfull to me !!!
      Way to go, CARL !!!
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
55Motown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55Motown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 10:28am
Hi everybody! This was one great session. Some cracking stories and great music. New songs, with Double Exposure and Chiquita Green! There will be a release soon with a number of versions of the track and some bonus material. What a thrill to work and write with the legandary Bobby Eli.
55Motown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55Motown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2009 at 1:50pm
Hi everybody

Bobby has been working really hard on the mixes for 'Soul Recession' and another track which will be reveled real soon. I will let you know when the digital downloads are available so you can appraise etc.

In the meantime, I am in a Philly mood, so here is my latest demo called 'Walk away the winner'

Hope it fits the bill.......
55Motown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55Motown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 10:28am
Update -

Hi everybody. I never thought the music business was so complicated! The admin is horrendous. However, we are hoping to get DOUBLE EXPOSURE'S 'Soul Recession' for sale soon on iTunes and Amazon as digital downloads. We have a couple of sites initiated to profile the release etc. If you are interested take a peep here:

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 10:37am
Hi Carl,

What about CDBaby??  They distribute to a number of places like digistation, Napster.com, Tradebit.com and others.  We have Gene Pitt's solo CD on all those.

Good luck with all you're doing.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
55Motown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55Motown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2009 at 12:36pm
Hi Dream - we are using CD Baby for the digital aggregation to iTunes, Amazon and a host of other retail digital stores. If all goes well, there could be a physical CD later in the year. I would like to see support for the music rather than the format, but it seems I may be fighting a loosing battle. Some potential customers of my Detroit releases will only purchase if on a 45rpm record! Can you beleive that? In the UK 'original vinyl only is a term that crops up, but my Detroit materials' original format was MP3! It's that tale wagging the dog again...ha ha.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 9:05am
OH LORD!!!  Carl.  How unfortunate and narrow minded some people can be.

I'm glad you're hooked up with CDBaby and I wish you much success.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
55Motown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55Motown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 12:00pm

Well Dream , I guess it is some of these people who try and remain loyal to this type of thing. A little like wine bottles with a cork etc. I sort of respect them, but I bey they have mobile phones, HD TV, microwaves and Broadband in their homes! Anyway, all part of the learning curve. I just updated my 'Walk away the Winner' on YouTube if anybody is interested. better drum fills and a longer more appropriate outro:

55Motown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55Motown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 8:08am
Hi everybody -

DOUBLE EXPOSURES new recording 'Soul Recession' is now available for sale at CD Baby. Other digital outlets soon. This, plus bonus track' There I go falling in love again' by Chiquita Green are just two of the tracks we cut last year at Bobby Eli's fabulous studio in the city. This is the CD Baby link:

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 7:16pm
Thanks for posting this Carl... a wealth of variation there.  Thumbs%20Up

Mixey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic