Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MONA CORONA - THE VIRUS Covid-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MONA CORONA - THE VIRUS Covid-19
    Posted: Mar 19 2020 at 12:12pm
 OK Soulful Planet... 
and I do mean our WHOLE planet.  
We’re one big village together on this one!

Anyone can post here, not just members of SP.

This thread is to post anything related to the virus and how it’s impacting our lives. Moan, rant, laugh or cry as we will, we are dealing with it as best we can.

How long do you think this will last?

(S.P.A.T. please include Geno’s great information links from over in Town Hall here so people can use them. Thanks)

There you are Mixey.
Thank you Geno!
Be safe everybody!
S. P. A. T.
Your Soulful Planet Administration Team

Wishing safety & sanity to all! 
Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2020 at 12:25pm
As of 10PM last night...
We in my whole County here in CA are confined to our homes until April 7th, or who knows when, as the case may be.

I ordered and paid online for supplies from my local market and only 1/3D of the order was delivered, because the shelves were essentially stripped.  I wonder when they’ll be able to deliver the rest?

Most people here are being understanding and respectful, but there are always a couple of arrogant nutcases in the mix, who think they are immortal and special.  Thank goodness they too have to stay home!

I wish the world would just shut down for a short period of time, all at the same time.  This virus wouldn’t have anywhere to go and we’d be done with it a lot faster, IMO!

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2020 at 9:16am
As of last night... 
ALL of Californians have been ordered to Stay At Home.

A lot of people feel this is the correct approach.  A lot of people are pissed and think it’s a horrible approach.

I think it’s right, but not enough!  

The virus lives on surfaces as well as being transferred from person to person through droplets.  
People need to be made more aware of the necessity of wiping down or isolating goods brought into the home for a period of time so that they are safe.  

Think about the mail... or canned vegetables... or a box of eggs... plastic wrapped toilet paper, etc.  

The virus lives on surfaces...
on cardboard 24 hours
& on smooth surfaces 3days

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2020 at 6:39pm

Most people here in my town, seem to be paying attention to the stay at home order, but the getting essentials exemption still has created a packed parking lot at Safeway and a jammed store.  

How is that helpful?  

I also have a possibly arrogant neighbor who just invited me over for a glass of wine, while her boyfriend was off in the distance coughing up a kidney.  I accepted the invite and simply “assumed” she meant after the stay at home order has been lifted.  I really don’t want to be laughed at for just paying attention, which is what some people enjoy doing.  I don’t know her well enough to know if that’s where it was going, so I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think so. 

MixeyErmm
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2020 at 9:23am
Hi Mixey, I will add more update info here as well, but for now:

COVID-19 is spreading like a wildfire across the entire Planet.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

by comparison: 2/22/2020

World 
Coronavirus Cases: 318,209 
Deaths: 13,664  Recovered: 94,700

United States Coronavirus Cases:  27,151 Deaths: 349 Recovered:178

(2/22/2020: California: 1522 Cases, +131 New Cases, 28 Deaths, +4 New Deaths)

(2/22/2020: Pennsylvania: 405 Cases, +14 New Cases, 2 deaths, ±0 New Deaths)

(2/22/2020: New York: 12.325 Cases, +1953 New Cases, 76 Deaths, +20 New Deaths) 

Link: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
also
Link:  https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2020 at 10:03am
Thank you Geno!
StarStarStarStarStarStar
Stay Safe! Heart
Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2020 at 6:18pm
 I now know what happened to the dinosaurs.  They started talking about money.

This virus isn’t “real” enough, if we’re still talking about money!  😡

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2020 at 6:39pm
The world should be set up in such a way, that if an emergency like this happens, everybody has a home or safe place to go to immediately shut down.

Essentials of food and water, etc would automatically begin being delivered to ALL people by trained workers who understand the nature of the emergency and how to (as in this case) not deliver the virus too. Medical help is on hand at no cost for everyone.

No money should ever be required for the duration of the emergency and beyond for an appropriate time. It should be deemed a crime to demand money from people for any reason during a crisis.  When the crisis has passed, we resume as if time had stood still.  

The trillions that we have in reserve would go to compensate those businesses and employees who churned out the needed products and services for all of us.

... no panic and it would end up costing less!

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2020 at 4:25pm
I gave it my best shot...

I asked to have my monthly loan payments halted until the stay at home orders have been lifted. ALL of my payments have been timely and I have excellent credit.

Here were the responses:

1.  For my business loan.  Answer:  NO (nothing further)
2.  For my automobile loan.  Answer:  YES we will delay your payment requirement for 2 months.  
3.  For my home mortgage.  Answer: We are here to help.  Fill out the required documentation including providing 2 years of back tax returns and all other required documentation to support how you have been impacted by the current covid 19 situation.

The banks would clearly enjoy helping me lose my home and my business. We are ALL impacted by the covid 19 situation. Are we not? There is no explanation needed! 

Greedy, money addicted entities, especially the ones that are hooked on real estate, have been impacted too.  They are junkies looking at possible withdrawal... but they have their own kind in the Whitehouse. THEY will be all right, if they don’t get sick that is. 

Is greed an underlying condition? Dead

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2020 at 8:59am
My revised thought about global disaster planning for when everyone is home bound is to have warehouse stockpiles of essentials in all communities that are robotically operational and solar powered with a backup system that doesn’t rely solely on the sun. There could be secure containers at every residence like a mailbox that are serviced by small, robotically controlled delivery vehicles; and the container receptacles would be accessed only by the residents via their codes. That could be a means of delivering non perishable essentials to everyone. As it is now, we are potentially delivering a virus and exposing delivery workers continually across the globe... and people are still jamming the supermarkets, etc and panicked that they will run out of food. We put vehicles on Mars for God’s sake and we can direct those rovers around. Why not have a bunch of rovers running around our empty streets like ants, delivering stuff?
Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by M I X E Y M I X E Y wrote:

I gave it my best shot...

I asked to have my monthly loan please ayments halted until the stay at home orders have been lifted. ALL of my payments have been timely and I have excellent credit.

Here were the responses:

1.  For my business loan.  Answer:  NO (nothing further)
2.  For my automobile loan.  Answer:  YES we will delay your payment requirement for 2 months.  
3.  For my home mortgage.  Answer: We are here to help.  Fill out the required documentation including providing 2 years of back tax returns and all other required documentation to support how you have been impacted by the current covid 19 situation.

The banks would clearly enjoy helping me lose my home and my business. We are ALL impacted by the covid 19 situation. Are we not? There is no explanation needed! 

Greedy, money addicted entities, especially the ones that are hooked on real estate, have been impacted too.  They are junkies looking at possible withdrawal... but they have their own kind in the Whitehouse. THEY will be all right, if they don’t get sick that is. 

Is greed an underlying condition? Dead

Mixey

~~~~~~~
Wow, Mixey
Those responses are just amazing... 
GREED on 1 and 3, and delayed repossession GREED on 2.

"STAY AT HOME" 
Amazing how wisely, and quickly, the decision to NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO WORK gets enforced, and THIS "STAY AT HOME" makes total sense!!!
YET...
With no income as a result,
So why not the same decision to NOT BE ALLOWED TO PAY THE BILLS? 
Would that also make total sense, and be... fair.  ? 
Why don't the banks, mortgage companies & Wall Street for that matter have to follow the same
"STAY AT HOME" "guidelines" with no income as the rest of us? 

Amazing, and very telling, isn't it?

Confused

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 1:38pm
 It sure IS telling Geno!

Total GREED!

I had to sign up for Social Security benefits sooner than I want, just so I’d be visible in the system to receive whatever Covid 19 dispersants there would be and with automatic deposit. Thank goodness my full retirement age is in June or I’d even have a cut in that.  MANY people will be invisible in the system and not receive a check.  

My storage place wants to now charge more than double for a 10 x 20 space and they insist on automatic withdrawal.  So I’m clearing out of there this week.  I’m lucky I can even do that safely.  How many people could?  They’ll be stuck there and or lose their belongings.  And I’ve had my business supplies housed there for 20 years.  They have never had a problem with me paying in full on time.  Horrible!

Yes... stay at home... But FREEZE everything to do with money!  Make it like time is standing still!  

People’s needs should be automatically covered and the money figured out later.  Then rationing wouldn’t be a problem.  Filling necessary prescriptions wouldn’t be a problem.

Thank God I’m not on any medications!  How many people are going to die or have horrible withdrawal or who knows what because of not getting what they need?

Covid 19 is going to be the least of the lethal consequences of this.  How many people who are on prescription drugs, some of which are now unavailable, are going to lose their sanity?  How are they going to stay at home without placing their families at risk?

How many more babies will be born in 9 months because - no more contraceptives - but here we are locked up at home and there’s the bedroom.  What will we call those children in the future.  Virus Boomers?

I’ve never experienced such stupidity in my life!  Democrats and Republicans - Stupid!

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 6:16pm
Mixey, You said it well!!! 
"Make it like time is standing still!" 

Yes, just somehow freeze or pause everything and any penalties for a few months for anyone with suddenly no way to earn any income... until this COVID-19 plague gets figured out...

In the mean time:

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2020 at 3:09am
Thank you Geno!

Enter Rover the Corona Virus of The Prisoner Television series.

Wouldn’t it be nice if only the idiots and the greedy people get snuffed and then life continues like nothing happened!

Mixey
Thumbs Up
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2020 at 4:32am
April Fools Day appropriate!

S. P. A. T.
SoulfulnPlanet Administration Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2020 at 2:20pm

Today, Over 1 Million Confirmed Cases 
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2020 at 5:27pm
I just donated to these 2 organizations:

America’s Food Fund

Feeding America

I hope they are Legit. 

Giving to America’s Food Fund requires an automatic 10% “tip” to the GoFundMe platform.  That didn’t feel good, because I feel like we should all be working together and money shouldn’t even come into it at all.

Giving to Feeding America was straightforward.  You give and that’s it.
Let me know your thoughts.

It’s sad that giving money should even be an issue.  If I’ve been suckered into something, whatever.  
I’m trying...

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2020 at 1:35am
Geno,

You’ve got to post that picture of your mask!  Clap

Mixey

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2020 at 8:37am
THANK YOU JOE BIDEN !

Mixey Clap

Joe Biden’s words a few minutes ago:

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2020 at 9:02am
 This pandemic is not being handled in a way that is REAL if we are still talking about money!

We should not have to ASK for a moratorium on paying bills!

We should not have to WAIT for banks and other institutions to AGREE to participate in allowing us to have a moratorium on paying mortgages and other loans! 

We should not have to WAIT for CHECKS to be mailed to us to cover our essentials and HOPE that we’re even visible in the system!

It should be deemed A CRIME to require MONEY from ANYBODY at a time like this!

IF IT IS NOT DEEMED A CRIME UP FRONT TO REQUIRE MONEY FROM PEOPLE DURING THIS CRISIS, THEN THE NEXT PANDEMIC WILL BE CRIMINAL ACTIVITY BY OUR DESPERATE CITIZENS ON THE BACKSIDE!

President Trump is using words like “complaining”, to describe people who are calling for him to get into his LEADERSHIP ROLE!  

It’s not being handled from the top, as if it’s a REAL thing!  Meanwhile, the Coronavirus spreads.

Mixey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic