Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MOFSAB — A Soulful Tale Of Two Cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 3:41pm
I can dig that Toad, I am just a big freak about 60's and 70's Memphis soul.
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 1:57pm
I Just realized that this video never got added into this thread:

or...

A Tribute To Crocket- Masters of Funk, Soul And Blues-
... This video contains various shots from "A Soulful Tale of Two Cities" Sessions in Philly,
shot by Sierra & Annette for Phil Hurtt's - Soul Renaissance Records put to a piece of an unreleased/unfinished still in progress track,
featuring some of Crocket's fine keyboard work -

"Superstition" -

Nathaniel "Crocket" Wilkie... all Keyboards
Kathy Sledge ... all Vocals
Gene Leone... Drums & Mix

Crocket, We Will All Never Forget You,
Geno
SPYDER TURNER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPYDER TURNER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 2:10pm
Hey Guys, congratulations to everyone involved
Ashley Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2009 at 10:07pm
Gene that was a nice video on Crockett. He is missed. Kathy sounded good singing "Superstition". I still wanna here "Shake Me WakeMe" by the girls

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 10:14am
And for the historical record...
from my MySpace page...
(remember MySpace?)
read these incredible thoughts and comments...

_
_(Click Here)_

and...

MASTERS OF FUNK, SOUL AND BLUES
"A Soulful Tale of Two Cities" on CdBaby.com

_
(Click HERE)

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2011 at 10:38am
I have it and love it, Geno.  I remember following its progress from the beginning.  So many talented vocalists, musicians, songwriters, producers and engineers came together for this fabulous project.  Where it failed IMHO was no PR/marketing campaign.  You can have the best record in the world, but if no one knows about it...

With the big labels having the marketing $$, they are able to produce mediocure, and in some cases, terrible music and get it air play.  The STOTC project should have saved a sizeable portion of the budget for PR/marketing, and hired a firm to push it.  PR can get you many "freebies" with radio and print interviews, reviews, etc..  However, you still need advertising dollars to accomplish a successful campaign.

As always, just one woman's opinion.Smile

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 3:21am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:56pm
And...

- Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues featuring George Clinton, Bobby Taylor, Kathy Sledge, Ali Ollie Woodson, Kim Weston, Bunny Sigler -
When The World Is at Peace

and also here are some fan videos on YouTube
floating around on the Internet...
in 'Lo-Res' ...
but please get the CD... or buy the better quality downloads from
CD Baby
for
much better quality audio...

...but anyway...

for 'Lo-Resolution' on YouTube... for reference only,
here's:

- Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues featuring Ali Ollie Woodson -
For The Love Of Money

- Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues featuring Bobby Taylor -
Sadie

- Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues featuring Philly & Detroit -
TSOP & D

~~~~~~

Please Note, these cuts above sound so much better
when downloaded from here:

MASTERS OF FUNK, SOUL AND BLUES
"A Soulful Tale of Two Cities" on CdBaby.com

_
(Click HERE)

~Gene Leone Mix
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:10am
OMG Geno!!!!!!

YES... The sound is WORLDS better on the CDs!

But really nice seeing the session photos!

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:50pm

—  Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues  —

Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues | A Soulful Tale of Two Cities | CD
Album Notes

� THE PRODUCERS: Lamont Dozier, Bobby Eli, Phil HUrtt,
           Clay McMurray, Bunny Sigler � THE ENGINEER: Gene Leone Mix �

� THE MUSICIANS: Funk Brothers: Bob Babbit, Joe Hunter, Robert Jones, Uriel Jones, Ray Monette, Eddie Willis, Spider Webb, Treaty Womack - MFSB: Charles Collins, T. Conway, Bobby Eli, Rikki Hicks, Vince Montana, Jr., and Jimmy Williams - Also: Nathaniel "Crockett" Wilkie, Darryl Johnson, Sr. and Theo Primas, Bunny Sigler, Nathaniel "Crocket" Wilkie

� THE SINGERS: Carla Benson, Evette Benton, Jean Carne, George Clinton, Carolyn Crawford, Lamont Dozier, Jimmy Ellis of the Trammps, Major Harris, William "Poogie" Hart of the Delfonics, Carl Helm, Phil Hurtt, Barbara Mason, Ted Mills of Blue Magic, Philly Degrees, Freda Payne, Bunny Sigler, Kathy Sledge, Bobby Taylor, Russell Thompkins, Jr., The Velvelettes, Kim Weston, and Ali "Ollie" Woodson...

� Two of America's musical heavyweights pay loving tribute to one another on this once-in-a-lifetime Double CD. Motown's legendary Funk Brothers and Philadelphia's world renown MFSB take you "back in the day" with an album filled with classic Philly and Motown hits. Recording as the Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues - with help from vocalists Bobby Taylor, Freda Payne, Bunny Sigler, Barbara Mason, George Clinton, Kathy Sledge and so many more - they've created an album that honors history as much as it creates it. �

Masters of Funk, Soul and Blues | A Soulful Tale of Two Cities | CD - www.cdbaby.com/cd/mofsab 
&

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 10:15am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2017 at 6:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2017 at 6:57pm
Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry to hear of Bobby Taylor's passing a few hours ago, 
Bobby was a Great Guy and a total pleasure to work with... 
Bobby Taylor, You will be remembered & You will be missed,
Bobby, Rest In Peace  ~Gene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic