Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MOFSAB — A Soulful Tale Of Two Cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2007 at 3:47am
December 6th

50th Grammy Nominations Announced Today

8:30 a.m. PT Press conference begins!

Announcement of nominations for the 50th Annual GRAMMY Awards.
GRAMMY season officially kicks off with the nominations announcement in Los Angeles on Dec. 6, 2007.
The 50th GRAMMY Awards will take center stage at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Feb. 10, 2008, on CBS.

Established in 1957, The Recording Academy is an organization of musicians, producers, engineers and
recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and
its makers. Internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards the preeminent peer-recognized award for
musical excellence and the most credible brand in music The Recording Academy is responsible for
groundbreaking professional development, cultural enrichment, advocacy, education and human services
programs. In its 50th year, The Academy continues to focus on its mission of recognizing musical
excellence, advocating for the well-being of music makers and ensuring music remains an indelible part of
our culture. For more information about The Academy, please visit www.grammy.com.

~~~Fingers Crossed!~~~

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2007 at 4:17am
YOU BETCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!StarStarStarStar

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2007 at 7:24am
LOOKING FOWARD TO IT, GENE.
THANKS FOR GETTING US THE DATE.

S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2007 at 8:49am
Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

GOOD LUCK TO ALL GENE!

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Your Soulful Planet Administration Team

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2007 at 9:55am
Thanks Everybody!

The final nominees have been selected today for the 50th GRAMMY Awards Show, and the final list can be found here:

50th GRAMMY Awards Final Nominations for 2007 (click here)

It's been an honor that we were at least considered for a total of 10 listings in the
50th Grammy Nominations Entry List...
(yes, 10!)
relating directly
to
A Soulful Tale Of Two Cities
and
The Masters of Funk, Soul And Blues
on the Grammy List!

alas, we did not make the Final 5 Nomination Selections chosen in any of those categories/fields.

Here's wishing best of luck to the final Nominees that were selected.

~Smiles~
Geno

Gene Leone Mix
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2007 at 3:59pm
C~O~O~L~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~on the consideration but very uncool on not making the final 5, sorry to hear that Gene.

s.s.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2007 at 10:35am
Sorry to hear this, Geno.  ASTOTC will always be a winner in my book.  You will too.  I'm so glad I was in on this from the beginning.  You always made us feel a part of the project.  LONG LIVE A SOULFUL TALE OF TWO CITIES and all those associated with the project!!Clap

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2007 at 8:23am

This is worth reading from Patrick Adams' MySpace Blog...

Sunday, December 16, 2007 - Dear Kanye...

Dear Kanye,

You have my sincere condolences for your family loss. We are only blessed with one mother to nurture us and point us in the right direction. God bless her and give her all the rewards to be found in His grace.
You also have my condolences on your Grammy awards loss. When I look at the nominations I see that you have a genuine chance of winning three or four awards. I congratulate you on those wins. You are a brilliant creator who has put in a lot of time and energy. You have made a lasting mark on the music scene and deserve the awards you receive. A Grammy nomination is a great honor. Many artist including the Beatles never received nominations at the height of their careers, which brings me to my point.
   You come from a generation which demands instant gratification. You want to be seen and heard, admired and patted on the back right in the middle of act one of your three act play. Before you learn how to bake cakes with consistency you want to bite into it and enjoy a taste while it's still in the oven. Your dictionary came without the word patience. In today's world, graduation from college is just a prelude to higher levels of education. For the master players in the world there is Medical school or Law school followed by an internship or residency. I am still sitting here trying to understand the sense of any person under 30 years old doing a biographical movie. Unless of course he feels his life and career is over but that's another story.
    There is also a word humility which seems to escape young dogs. I learned a long time ago never to argue with success. No one can deny that there are a few self promoting flashy multimillionaires out there spitting and living the good life. However true success is measured by stability and longevity. When you produce your 20Th gold album or you write your 100Th song I will be the first to say you have proved yourself to be more that a loud mouth and a spoiled brat.
    If you win 8 Grammy awards I will be very happy for you but very sad for the music industry. In a world where there is a concentration of power because of limited ownership of media companies, a clean sweep of the Grammy Awards would be a sign of the worst kind of corruption. If I am right and you win 3 or 4 awards, You should be proud of your accomplishments, humbly accept the acknowledgment of your contemporaries and move on to bigger and better records. You are just a baby in the music business. You have a long way to go.
God bless you and I hope you can accept this letter for what it is. - The opinion of one man who has been there and wishes you lots of success in a long career.

Patrick Adams MySpace Page
Producer/ arranger/ songwriter
www.papmus.com

~~~
Patrick,
Well said! Very Well Said!

MuchRespect
Gene Leone

Gene_Leone_Mix
~~~~

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2007 at 8:56am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2008 at 10:23am
Masters of Funk, Soul And Blues
When the World is at Peace - Slideshow from Sierra

...Thanks Sierra for doing this!

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 1:38am
Nice, Geno!!ClapClapClapClap

My compliments to Sierra.SmileStarSmile

What a fabulous project ASTOTC was.  You can see the happiness and enthusiasm everyone was feeling.

dream
kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 6:39am
I HOPE VERY THINGG GOES WELL AND ALL WHO PARTICAPATED AS WELL AS WELL AS DENIECE WILLIAMS' NEW RELEASE..

kitten
when you have friends who needs enemies.
RAY MONETTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAY MONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 7:21am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAY MONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 7:23am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAY MONETTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 7:26am
THESE SHOTS ARE FROM MY SON ADAM,WHEN HE CAME DOWN TO THE STUDIO.HE HAS A HABIT OF KEEPING FILM IN HIS CAMERA FOREVER! HE JUST FOUND OUT HE HAD THESE AND SENT THEM TO ME. THERE'S SOMETHING KINDA COOL ABOUT BLACK AND WHITE PICS.
kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 7:37am
HI RAY

MY FAVORITE D-TOWN, RARE EARTH AND FUNK BROS MUSICIAN. I AGREE, I HAVE A CERTAIN SENTIMENTALNESS FOR BLACK & WHITE PHOTOS AND FOR MOVIES THAT IS AND WAS DONE IN THE SAME ORDER. LET YOU'RE SON KNOW THAT I SAID ALWAYS KEEP FLIM IN AT ALL TIMES, I'M LOVIN' HIS PICS.

kitten / joanie
when you have friends who needs enemies.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 9:01am
Great photos, Ray!!!!!  Please thank your son for us.Clap  These are a real treat.

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 5:05pm

Ray!!!
Thank Adam for the B&W Detroit shots! Awesome!
~MuchoThanks.
Geno

and...
~~~~~~~~~~~

♪Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now♪Fan Video...
I wanted to add this one into the thread here...

Heres' a fan video of
♪Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now♪/featuring Ali "Ollie" Woodson/
"The Masters Of Funk, Soul & Blues" Philly & Detroit

~Enjoy!!!!!
Geno

Gene_Leone_Mix
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2009 at 6:14pm
A couple of questions I have always wanted to ask about this whole project

Who put this together?

More importantly

Why wasnt Memphis included?

It seems to me it should have been Detroit and Memphis instead of Philly, just my opinion.
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 2:13pm
Our member Phil Hurtt was the man behind the
Double C.D. Detroit and Philly had very strong
 connections with artists in the early to late sixties,
and seventies too. The artists in Detroit never had a lot of connections to artists in Memphis, nor the musicians.
  Hope this helps.... as to who , and why.

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic