Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Justice For Trayvon Martin... God Bless him & RIP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Justice For Trayvon Martin... God Bless him & RIP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2012 at 3:15pm
Very Interesting...

while thousands protest,
and still no arrest...
this might get somebody's attention...

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2012 at 4:56pm
OMG Geno...

Can you imagine how horrible it would be to have to be on the other end of THAT lawsuit!!! WOW... THE HOMEOWNER'S ASSOCIATION i.e. the residents might have to pay Zimmerman's legal expenses????? HORRIBLE!!!

That's why I don't like home owner's associations! I'll never buy a property that's involved with a homeowner's association!

My home is one of 8 homes on our street, which are NOT part of the association that the rest of the neighborhood is "under"... and we "police" ourselves just fine, and our houses and yards are in better condition than the ones that have to live with the dues and all of the rules.

It's been my experience that when neighbors admire each other's work, and get involved with understanding differences of creative expression, the neighborhood stays in better shape.

My other property isn't in an area that has a homeowner's association either, but there's a lot of tension in the neighborhood, because we have large pieces of land, but imposed rules about size and property dimensions that prohibit the building of a large new house. For instance, the lot size could be ample, but maybe the width is a little under the rule, so the owner of the property can only re-build on the footprint of whatever is already there... a funky house or barn, or whatever. If a new owner, gets duped into buying a property, where they can't build, because of these rules... and they were unaware, they could be looking at losing a million dollars or so, right off the bat, unless they figure out something fast... like how to buy their neighbor's adjacent property to add to theirs.

My son was harassed, because a desperate neighbor felt he needed our land. I figured out what the motivation was, but no one would listen or believe me. Some reading this forum might understand how easily I can become accused of being "paranoid". The truth about motivations, is simply the truth. Some people are too paranoid to see it.

RULES... STUPID PROPERTY RULES & STUPID HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION RULES ... for the enforcement of community building codes or upkeep or neighborhood watches or whatever, that end up diminishing instead of increasing property values... put neighbors in jeopardy with each other... and violate human rights... AND home owners associations, that appoint neighborhood "security cops", like Zimmerman... to "keep the neighborhood safe"... need to be SERIOUSLY RE-THOUGHT OUT!

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2012 at 5:01pm
Experts have been analyzing the screams for help in the background on the 911 tape.

They say that the voice is definitely Trayvon Martin's... not Zimmerman's.

Dah...

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2012 at 12:36am
News Flash Update!!!

This story just hit the news feeds...

Zimmerman's Lawyers have announced that they
" ...have lost contact with him."

_
- http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/10/exclusive -

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 8:22am

We've all learned that George Zimmerman has been arrested and
charged with second degree murder.

It's good that Zimmerman has been arrested and charged, right or wrong.

At least now Martin's family and supporters can start to feel like the
system is functioning for them too, and that the facts of the case will
finally be made clear in a court of law, and that justice will (hopefully)
be done, one way or the other. This had to happen and I'm glad it did.

Jeff
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2012 at 7:13pm
For sure Jeff & Geno.

I'm not sure why he's being charged with 2nd degree murder instead of 1st. I guess I don't understand the difference between the 2. Doesn't 1st degree murder involved a premeditated aspect? If a person has made a predetermined judgement, and they pursue their murderous intent, wouldn't that be 1st degree? Is it because the killer wasn't necessarily plotting to kill Trayvon specifically? How do they know that, anyway at this point?

There's going to be a lot of focus on the "Stand Your Ground" language in FL law. Zimmerman could actually walk, if it's unclear whether he's telling the truth or not about Trayvon coming back around and going at him.

Zimmerman turned himself in. That too will go in his favor in determining if he's a flight risk or not. Also, there's a lot of reverse prejudice publicity flying around Fox News, and such. Zimmerman even posted a website to receive donations from right wingers, to go towards his defense.

It may get into a really ugly power struggle that has nothing to do with justice for a young man. An innocent life was cut short. That better remain the focus!

Already the smoke screeners are trying to say that the march and all of the publicity that's been "drummed up" about Trayvon's justice, is really about Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father, who is a Mason. They're saying all of the publicity against Zimmerman is a Mason contrived linch mob.

In addition, one of Zimmerman's relatives is distributing a long list of black people and black organizations who, according to the relative, should be arrested instead, because they are the ones who are committing the crimes against George Zimmerman. I even think Obama's included on the list. What the hell is the matter with heads like this?

This thing better come out right, because there are a whole lot of people... white/black/yellow/red... who have been horribly wronged by racists, rotten police work, and a stupid, unfair, legal system. I hope the import of this case doesn't get lost and just fizzel out and go nowhere. I hope that some good lessons will be learned, whatever they may be.

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2012 at 2:08pm

Mixey ... read the transcript below. It's a bit lengthy but may answer some of your questions.

This is the transcript of a recent broadcast of "Talk Of The Nation" on NPR
about the Zimmerman case, and how other cases of "Stand Your Ground"
have played out in other court cases.

Jeff
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2012 at 4:31pm
(I love NPR...
you can listen to the above transcript with out having to read it all...
easier on the tired eyeballs! * )

__
(Click to play)
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2012 at 7:26am
I went to Jeff's transcript and my eyeballs fell out before I read your post Geno.   

I appreciate the link guys. That did answer a lot of my questions.

I don't think there's much question over who the first aggressor was in this. The first aggressor will have to prove that he had a reason to believe his life was in danger. According to the 911 tapes, Zimmerman went after Trayvon first. Whatever happened after that doesn't really matter, IMO, because Trayvon would have felt threatened and would have been allowed to stand his ground too.

Zimmerman was trying to establish that he felt threatened first, by calling 911... and then decided to stand his ground. I don't think that looking at someone as threatening, because they were walking in the rain with a hood up, is enough reason to go after the person. The 911 dispatch told him not to pursue and he did it anyway.

Even with the problems with how the law is written, I don't think Zimmerman is going to be able to get out of the obvious wrongness of his actions.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 11:02am
Due to an illogical jury of 6,  as of yesterday, Zimmerman has been given his gun back, and he's now a free man, innocent on all charges.

An unarmed teen was walking home.  
He was stalked by an armed man, who shot and killed him.

WTF people!!!!!!!!!!  GUILTY, you morons!

Mixey 
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 9:10am
One of the jurors has spoken to the media.  She said that all but one of the jurors, her included, thought the screams for help on the 911 tape were Zimmerman's and not Martin's and that was a pivotal point in their decision to clear Zimmerman.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WAS SCREAMING FOR HELP ON THE 911 TAPE! 

Zimmerman profiled Martin as being suspicious.  
Martin, being aware of someone acting suspiciously towards him, profiled Zimmerman as being dangerous. 

Zimmerman tells 911 that Martin was running towards another entrance to the gated community.  (Both Zimmerman and Martin's father's girlfriend, where Martin had been visiting, live in this gated community.) Zimmerman said to 911, "These ass holes... They always get away." 911 told Zimmerman to stop following Martin, and Zimmerman said OK; but at some point, Zimmerman had to have gotten out of his truck in order for there have been a physical confrontation.

It doesn't matter who attacked whom at this point... or who screamed for help.  Zimmerman made a wrong determination about Martin, and Zimmerman had no apparent visible neighborhood watch volunteer identification on him or his truck,  to put Martin at ease.

Zimmerman shot an innocent teen, who was fighting for his life.

Mixey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic