Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JIMMY SCOTT'S RECORDING SESSIONS 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzmessenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 3:04pm

Hipness is not a state of mind, It's a fact of life!
~ Cannonball Adderley

-Alex
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 7:21pm

"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 10:27am

Congratulations to S.S. Jeanie & Jimmy Scott

~Best Wishes with this new release, Geno
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 1:34pm
Nice Geno...

I wish them well. It's always good to see some things come out fairly. I hope more people will hear this story and appreciate this man.

SS... Obviously you've been a great part of this effort. Congratulations in advance to you and Jimmy.

Mixey
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 3:32am
We've moved this thread to Guest Parking, because it has been brought to our attention that our former member Soul Sister, who began this topic, has had a recent issue with its open viewing here on Soulful Planet.

Soul Sister, you are welcome to explain your concerns here.

Mixey, Bruce & Char
Soulful Planet Administration Team

S.S . View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.S . Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 12:35pm
MIXEY,
I asked Geno for your contact info because I didn't want you to be publicly embarrassed. There are legal matters involved here. I asked that you remove your post because it is completely false information. If you don't have the facts then you shouldn't make comments off the top of your head. Things did not come out "fairly" as you claimed for Jimmy, in fact just the opposite. If you care about Musicians/Artists like you say then you should not put a false statement about an Artist out there. You made a huge mistake with that comment, so please remove it as you are creating a false impression with that comment. Please support the Artist, an 87+ year old Artist, that's a Pioneer, Living Legend, and influence to generations of singer's in all genre's.
This applies to both the documentary & the cd so I'd like Geno to remove his post as well, it is "unfair" to Jimmy. In this day and age Artist's should be treated fairly with respect on every level. There is enough false information about all Artist's on the internet without adding to it here. Please support the Artist's.

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 1:42pm
I have no clue what you're talking about S.S.

I was wishing you and Jimmy continuing well wishes with a project you were happy about for pages and pages on this thread that you put up here. I'm well aware how so many artists are not treated fairly. I thought that this project was evidence of something that was working out well, and I was happy to see it, and thankful that you shared it with us here. I'm not embarrassed for wishing you and Jimmy well. What I said was sincere, based on what I thought by your words, was a lovely tribute to your husband. If we don't have "the facts" here on this thread, and it didn't come out "fairly" for Jimmy, we had no way of knowing that, unless you had posted that added information.

You ended your membership here; but in light of wanting to support you, I felt sorry that you couldn't add to your thread. So when I heard about this, I had it moved to Guest Parking so you could update it. What's posted here stays, as you already know and agreed to before you started this topic. If there's something so grossly wrong that has happened, and viewing this thread and how things have honestly transpired is now harmful to anyone, then please help me understand what is going on. We can move the thread to "The Shroom Room", which can only be seen by members who are logged in.

Mixey
S.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 4:33pm
Yes MIXEY, please do move it to the shroom room.
Thank you.
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 5:27pm
Soul Sister,

All of what was posted was based on your rave reviews of your project. If you misspoke, it's too bad you decided to point a finger at me and Soulful Planet, instead of placing the blame where it belongs, which is on yourself for all of the misinformation YOU posted.

We'll be happy to move this thread to the Shroom Room, if you decide to shed a more light on why we should. It's not just your posts we'd be moving somewhere out of view you know.

Even if you were still a member, we'd still need to have a reasonable reason to move this thing out of view. If you'll remember, we moved the thread about retreiving the lost Bowie tapes to The Shroom Room with the agreement of our other posters, because moving it was an integral part of the deal to get those tapes back, which worked, thanks to everyone, who participated.

Mixey
Soulful Planet Administration Team
S.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:24pm
MIXEY,
You posted "you didn't have the facts" that was my point, you should have checked with me before posting something untrue related to my husband's career.

Regarding your ridiculous statement above, you know good and well we had high hopes for this project, at the time we could not have known someone would take advantage, as you know not all record deals work out fairly as promised. This is an ongoing private legal matter, that should be enough for you to know. I asked only you remove two posts that were made after I left the forum and had no way to correct them, no longer being a member. Those two posts are misleading to the public and was unfair to the Artist here.
You suggested the shroom room, I wanted to accommodate you.   Every bit of information I posted and photo in this thread belongs to me, please respect that.
As far as other friends of mine that posted here, they do not mind, and toad is dead, so that just leaves you & Geno.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:30am
To Soul Sister and all who are reading this...

I officially retract my previous post of ignorant congratulations for this project. Sorry to read that someone has taken advantage and that it didn't work out fairly for you and your husband, Soul Sister.

I think you've made it clear now how you feel about the project, so placing this thread in Guest Parking, where you could update it, was probably a good thing.

Personally I'm done, especially with being insulted.

Mixey
dipali123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dipali123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2017 at 9:07am
The forum topic is very nice and replies are also good.
Please visit a
Best  dentist in Jaipur for any kind to dental problem. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.