Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JIMMY SCOTT'S RECORDING SESSIONS 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzmessenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 12:24am
Hey Jeanie:

I was at the Iridium tonight seeing a Freddie Hubbard tribute in which my main man Curtis Fuller was playing in, and happened to sit near Joey DeFrancesco..I introduced myself and chatted for a bit, and he told me how excited he was to record and play with Jimmy...Can't wait to hear him on the record..He is one of the greatest musicians I have ever seen live!

Hipness is not a state of mind, It's a fact of life!
~ Cannonball Adderley

-Alex
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 8:40am
Hey Hey Hey Alex,
  Way Cool! Nice you got to talk with Joey, we'll see him in L.A. in two weeks.  He's going to be a nice addition to the CD. Clap

How's Curtis doing these days? I like him alot, great guy, great musician.
You just gave me some food for thought. LOL

Jeanie

"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
jazzmessenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzmessenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 9:36am
Hey Jeanie:

Curtis is doing great, also playing great as well...I was sitting with his wife Cathy, and she told me how great it was to meet and spend time with you guys at the NEA Jazz Masters awards a couple of years ago..Let me know if you would like their contact info, and I can email it..

Hipness is not a state of mind, It's a fact of life!
~ Cannonball Adderley

-Alex

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2009 at 3:41pm
Hi Alex,
That would be cool, I'll drop them a line or give them a call when we are in L.A.

Thank you, the true jazzmessenger Smile.

Jeanie
tallone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 2:21am
Hey there Sir Jimmy and Soul Sister.
I realize I've been away for quite awhile, but now I'm back and it pleases me to know that all is well with the both of you.
I can't wait for the finished product.
Love you both and we'll talk soon.

The Tall One

P.S.
Hey there to all of the rest of you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 8:42am
Well HELLO tallone!
I missed my "kindred spirit" from the Chitlin` Circuit Theater Stage Show dayz, especially your stories about seeing "Smitty" tear the house up during his performances with 'The Manhattans', etc...
You brought back my memories of stompin` thru Bedford~Stuyvesant, lol, a whole different time. Remember the Brevoort Theater, Redwood Lounge, the 'soul food joint' on Fulton and bar next door, can't remember the owner's name (?).
Nice to see your face in the place, grab a chair, put up your feet, stay and relax for awhile. Smile

Thanks for the nice comments, tallone.  Jimmy & I both appreciate it.

Much Love, 
S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 4:26pm
Thank you Alex!
Got it.

S.S.
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 5:19pm
      Good to see you back here, Tallone !Smile

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 9:23pm
Hear, hear toad!

{{{tallone}}}

Miami heat!   Hug

Your,
S.S.
Don1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 9:54pm
I LUV THE PHOTOS A LOT!!!!!!

LOVE TO ALL THERE,

DON
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2009 at 7:41am
Hey there Tallone!!!

So good to see your face in the place.Big%20smile

Hope you stick around for a while.  Miss joking with you.

Now that I'm working for Gene Pitt officially, I need that Ben Gay and duct tape more than ever.LOLLOL  Hurry back with a big supply.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
tallone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 8:27am
To Dream:  Oh GOD, NO!!!  NOT WORKING FOR GENE PITT OFFICIALLY!!!!...There aint that much damn duct tape and Ben Gay on  planet earth......come to think about it, not in the entire solar system....hee hee......
To Toad:   Thank you so much for the warm welcome back.  Its been a heck of a journey for me.  You never fully appreciate good health, or good friends until either one is almost taken away from you.  God is Good!

To My Sis and Sir Jimmy:  Words can't express how much I've missed the both of you.  As I said before, I am so thankful that things are still on the upswing for the both of you.  I can't wait for you guys to come to South Florida again.  This time we will hook up.
By the way sis, I got a very nice email from Clarence Burke, Jr. last week.  I'll fill you in on the details when we speak.
Oh yeah...my email is still the same:
Feel free to use it.....lol
You too, Dream.....ROFL

Love you all

The Tall One
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 9:03am
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!  Tallone!!!!!!

So true, so true.LOLLOL

I'll send u an e-mail today.  It's so good to have you back!!!

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 10:00am
Mornin` tallone,
 I wish you good health first and foremost, that is essentially the most important thing.  Stay well my friend.
 I hope one day we will get another "gig" in Miami so we can hook up, that would be fun! Thumbs%20Up

An email from Clarence Jr. how fun & exciting.   I will email him one of these days when we get back from L.A. in July. Maybe he can remember somethings I've long forgotten about some of those big stage shows when we were there at the same time.

Thanks for the good wishes, always appreciated. I will email you later.

Much Love,
Jeanie & Jimmy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2009 at 8:34pm
Just received the Program Booklet from this "gig".

Here's a small taste:

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 12:41am
Bye All;

We will be flying out to the L.A. "recording sessions" at 5:00 am.  Will post more when I get back on July 7th.

Stay well and keep the music playing >>>>>>>
 Peace & Blessings,
S.S. & Jimmy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 1:52pm
Where do I begin, lol, so much transpired on the second leg of recording and filming in L.A.  It was whirlwind, outside of a couple hours by the hotel pool every other day while Jimmy slepted I didn't get no rest personally. Jimmy got his rest in but it was tiring for him as much as it was ejoyable too.
When we got in I unpacked two and a half weeks of clothing for the both of us plus toiletries, Jimmy's medical supplies and so on while Jimmy rested, ate, and slept, as you'll see in the photo, lol.

The 23rd. of June we went into the studio for "Renee Olstead's track" on "Someone To Watch Over Me", her manager Brian Avnet was with her.  Brian has managed the list of who's who over the past 35 years, everyone from Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons to Josh Grobin. Brian told me he heard alot about me from Joe Pesci, lol. Renee was dicovered by David Foster, appeared on Oprah a few years back, she has an amazing jazz voice. She just turned 20 years old on June 18th. but interpets a lyric like someone who's lived far beyond her years, I was impressed!  This was just the beginning......
There are too many stories to tell from this trip so I'll let the photos do most of the talking.

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 1:56pm
We stayed at the Sheraton Universal, it was nice, loved the Pool and the Baja Cafe. Tongue

The Hotel:

The pool at night:

I shot these from our balcony.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 2:10pm
These shots of mountains were taken from our window:

Jimmy resting:

Woman in the mirror, lol:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 2:18pm

Jimmy waiting outside the hotel for our assistant & driver "Kyung":

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic