Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JIMMY SCOTT'S RECORDING SESSIONS 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 9:34am
"Vibrato Grill Jazz":

That's all for now, gotta run... 'Ralf' is coming over to brainstorm with me.
No rest for the weary. Tongue

S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
jazzmessenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzmessenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 10:42am
Hey Jeanie:

Great pictures..Can you ask Mr. Pesci, if Ashley has a sister ;) What a beautiful home you have! Can't wait to hear the finished product, my love to you and Jimmy!
-Alex

Hipness is not a state of mind, It's a fact of life!
~ Cannonball Adderley

-Alex
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 10:44am
Hey dream,
 Thanks for the love and support always.

Yup, I thought you'd recognize that photo in my office, (chuckle)........

Here's a couple extra shots from my camera just for you because your as crazy as I am about little things WinkLOL!!

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 10:50am

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 10:55am
Hey Alex,
Thanks for all the good wishes. Just keep on keepin` Jimmy in your every prayer. Wink

Alex, I just put together things that make me & Jimmy happy and colors that make me feel relaxed.  You must come out and visit us sometime, hopefully for a "gig". Smile 
Gotta seriously run now. OH! I'll ask Ashley if she has a sister that likes young piano players. LOL

Much Appreciation,
Jeanie & Jimmy
Don1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 4:43pm

Sis: You better not ever invite me for a visit. LOL. Looking at the studio, I don't think I'd ever leave a place like that. I'm lovin' this post and all the wonderful pics - Dee Dee, Joe and DeVito? What friends you have...I'm impressed.

- Don
Don1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 5:00pm
Sis: Dad and Myself will probaly be in your town when SoulTrip comes back here to the States in your location. We have our hearts set on it. We'd probaly go to Pheonix and Los Angeles too?!

I always associated you as a manager and photographer. I never knew Jimmy & yourself as producers, and knowing how to work the boards. I'm learning something NEW ev'ry day!

- Don 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzmessenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 5:35pm
LOL, thanks Jeanie...Tell Mr. Pesci that I've been listening to his album with Joey DeFrancesco a lot lately..He really swings his ass off..He has my favorite version of 'All Or Nothing At All'...You can really tell he is a true Jimmy Scott devotee from his phrasing..What tunes are they singing together?

~ Cannonball Adderley

-Alex

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzmessenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 5:37pm
PS..Dream, are you coming up for that show at the Beacon?

~ Cannonball Adderley

-Alex
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 12:49am
Jeanie & Jimmy!!!!!!

This is all S O   A W E S O M E !!!!!!!

I am So HAPPY for YOU BOTH!!!!!

Really GREAT to see this all going on here...
please continue to keep us posted in between the craziness when time allows....
(I do know well how crazy it can get *lol* time flies by!!!! *lol*)

~MuchLove To You Both and Wishing You and Everybody Involved
With This Project.... The Very Best of Super Success!!!

~Geno
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 8:08am
Originally posted by jazzmessenger jazzmessenger wrote:

PS..Dream, are you coming up for that show at the Beacon?

Hi Alex!!

I'm not positive yet, but I don't think so.  It's a double show - the same groups will be in The Hamptons on June 5th, then The Beacon on the 6th.

I'd love to see BOTH shows!!!  I know you and your parents are planning on going, and I'd love to see you again.  We all had such fun at Dizzy's.Smile

If there's a way I can swing it, I'll be down, but right now it doesn't look promising.  I'll let you know for sure.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 7:51pm

Hello Everyone from an exhausted me, lol!

Don,
 Thank you, but you give me too much credit, I don't know how to work the boards, no, lol. None of us producers will be working the boards that's why we have a expert with a fine tuned ear in "Geoff Gillette", he is so awesome!

I did not know "Soul Trip" was coming to Vegas. If you & Larry come out give us a holla and come by to visit with Jimmy, I'm sure he & Larry will have some great stories to share.

Alex,
Wow! How uncanny.......Joe was just talking about "All Or Nothing At All" when he was over our house. I'm shocked you mentioned that song! He said he loved doing it and recalled all Jimmy's phrasing. :>) Oh! yes, Joe can lay it out when he gets ready.

Joe laid out "I'll Be Seeing You" and "The Nearness Of You". He also did "Folks Who Live On The Hill" and put "Jeanie & Jim" in it but he thought he didn't do that one as well because he can't hit the high notes Jimmy does. But for me it was awesome, so we'll see what he wants to do about it.

Dee Dee was awesome too, she did "For Once In My Life" and "Never Let Me Go" (The one that Dinah does not the more common one), it's a beautiful song, I've always loved Dinah's.

Geno,
Thank you Baby, we appreciated your words and we are very excited. I was suppose to rest today but Ralf called (lol) and here I am working on the CD stuff all day. This CD is going to kill me!  I am tired, my back aches, I'm so emotional, but I am so psyched too. Big%20smile I received more good news today but I'll have to hold onto that for the moment.

And I thought I was tired before all this, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Back to the drawing board.
S.S.
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 8:44pm

Soul Sister!!!
I'm so laughing here while reading this part!!!!:

RE: "I was suppose to rest today but Ralf called (lol) and here I am working on the CD stuff all day..."

~**** E X A C T L Y ! **** ***LOL**** That is why I wrote this:

(I do know well how crazy it can get *lol* time flies by!!!! *lol*)

So much for taking a rest with the non-stop Great Excitement of a Terrific Project such as this!!! ****LOL***

Welcome to the Cawfee & Cat Naps Department! ...
((((Faxing a Fresh Cup of Geno's 'D'Street Java to Ya, too! *LOL*))))

Enjoy The Fun!!!! and again...
~MuchLove To You Both and Wishing You and Everybody Involved
With This Project.... The Very Best of Super Success!!!
~Geno

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 8:54am
WOW JEANIE!!!!

You have been right out straight, but it's ALL good.  I'm with Geno on the rest thing.  You're on a schedule that would kill most people as it is, so I hope you're not overdoing!!

This is good stress though, and I couldn't be happier for you and Jimmy.Smile

BTW - love those extra photos of the house and I saw Miss Princess Pug in one - she's sooooooooooo cute!!  The house is gorgoeus and you're right - we both are nuts about those little extra details that reflect our personalities and make our houses into homes.

Take care of yourself, Sweetie!!!

Much love,

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:25am
Geno,
 HAAAAAAAAAA! I can dig it!

Thanks for the Geno Cawfee but since I'm not a Java drinker I'll pass it on to Jimmy Tongue.

I'm going on pure adrenalin (sp.) but when my body says stop then I need to get some rest for sure.

dream,
 I'll call you a little later.

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:31am
Here are a few photos from Ralf's camera............

Joe checking out one of my photo albums:

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:37am
Joe still serenading Jimmy:

At the recording session........

"Joe" laying down his tracks:

"Dee Dee" & her little dog "Ioki":

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:42am
The Camera Guys.............

"Fabian" (whom 'Princess' adores LOL):

"Yoon-ha" interviewing Jimmy:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:47am

"Mark":

"Geoff & Ralf":

That's all for now gotta to work. Smile

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 7:06pm
Back to add a few more shots...............

"Dee Dee" with the boys:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic