Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JIMMY SCOTT'S RECORDING SESSIONS 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 7:43pm
The King & his Queens LOL............

StarThe King 'Legendary Jimmy Scott'

Star"The Queens of the Day", lol, Donna (Production Manager), Moissa (Photographer), Jeanie (Personal Manager & Wife), Marta (Journalist):

StarThe King &
the Camera Crew............

StarMax, Ky-ung (Personal Assistant), Yoon-ha, Fabian, & Florian:
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:00pm

End of 2nd week, the film crew did another interview with me, then we took Jimmy down to 'Hollywood Boulevard' where they filmed me pushing Jimmy reading the stars on the "walk of fame" sidewalk where we saw jazz greats such as Diz, Monk, & Miles to name a few. I saw a cool hat store so I took Jimmy in to check out some hip skies, he liked a black jazzy one so I bought it for him, the crew filmed it all, lol, it's a really cool sky as you'll see in the photos.

When we got to the Kodak & Graumann's there were a ton of fans surrounding 'Michael Jackson's star' so we crossed the street and came back over to move ahead. I spotted a Pizzeria so I was having one of my pizza cravings, lol, and we stopped in. I treated everyone to pizza & drinks. Yum! It was N.Y. style pizza Big%20smile. How I was longing for some N.Y. Pizza in the middle of Hollywood!!!

Here are the photos.......

"Jimmy" wearing his new hat over his other head gear, lol:

With "Yoon-ha": 

"J&J" with "Florian": 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:11pm
"4th. of July"....... was a wrap party for this leg of the recordings, a celebration of Independence Day, and an early Birthday Surprise Party for "Jimmy" again at the 'Marlyn Monroe House'.............

Inside:

Jimmy's Cake:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:18pm
Barbequing Outside in the beautiful serene setting:

From Ralf's favorite store on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills (Ralph Lauren's) he invited "Dwayne & Alan", I enjoyed talking with them, good people:

"Moissa" always in the background shooting thousands of pictures:

Donna's brother on the grill barbequing lamb chop appetizers.  Everyone having a good time! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:27pm
Donna's husband "Pat & son Adam" with "Terry":

"Terry & Rebecca Gibbs":

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:36pm
"Kyung" was such an important help to me whenever I had to change Jimmy's leg bandage and such... we are fond of all the guys & girls but I was very thankful to have "Kyung" as my right hand & personal assistant.

Our guy "Kyung" lounging on the terrace:

"Jimmy with Roberta Ritz" (Roberta & David just celebrated their 41st. Wedding Anniversay", all the best to them, so amazing!!!):

"Alan chatting with Donna's sister-in-law":

"Ralf" enjoying the delicious food:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:43pm
Here's the real owner of Marylin's House, his name is "Jagger" Big%20smile:

Now...I ask you, who could follow him LOL!!!

Nitey-nite,
S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 9:11pm
Oh yes! Ralf had some t-shirts, sweaters, & hats made....... in case you're wondering why it says "Blues, Blues, Blues" when Jimmy is a 'Jazz Singer' and the name of the project & CD is "I Remember You", lol, it's because of the song David wrote for Jimmy, something Ralf thought of would be cute Smile.

As you can see by the dog hairs "Princess" already laid down next to them before I had the chance to put them away, Angry lol!

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2009 at 8:02am
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm overwhelmed with this thread!!!  This is platinum for sure!!ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Jeanie, I am loving this, but you knew I would.LOL

All these photos are fantastic and make me feel like I was there with you.  Of course, you did give me daily updates so I could share your excitement.

You and Jimmy look great and what a tan you have!!!!!!  I saw an outfit I recognized.  LOL!!   Could it be I have the same one??LOL

I can't wait for this CD and documentary to be finished.  It is a STELLAR project.  How could it miss with your concept and you and Jimmy as co-producers!!!  Ralf & company look like they are doing you justice.

I love the shots in Marilyn Monroe's house.  What a treat!!ClapClapClap

BTW - I'll fight you ladies over "Jagger".  He would be very happy in Maine - he'd love the weather here and he might have a good influence on "Bailey" - if that's possible.  hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for taking the time to post these for us.  Your threads are the greatest!!!

KUDOS  JIMMY & JEANIE!!!!!!!!!!

dream

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2009 at 11:35am
Hi Geno!
  I knew you would dig all the studio shots and the masters at the sessions. Smile  Thank you Geno.

Hi dream,
LOL! We all gonna be fightin` over "Jagger", he is such a mellow fellow LOL
Thank you for the kudos, I knew you'd dig Marylin's cool place & the vibe. I love the serenty of the backyard butted against & surrounded by tall, tall trees & royal palms and the flowers/gardens , just beautiful, a little hidden gem.  Would you believe this private home has parking for 32 cars! Thanks for sharing the good times as well as the chaos & drama on a daily basis, lol!!!  I miss Marylin's backyard.
I love So. CA. & Hollywood, fun, fun, fun!!!
Great times, great people, & for sure great treasured memories.

Love,
S.S. & Jimmy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2009 at 11:38am
HOLLYWOOD, HOLLYWOOD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2009 at 11:41am

"Walk of Fame"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2009 at 12:01pm
That's a wrap!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for taking this ride with us.
 J. & J.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2009 at 2:51pm
Next............. more "Guest Singers" over the next several months, the 'Orchestra' will be recording on a new date in October at Capitol, things are moving and changing so fast, 'Jimmy's Quartet' will lay down their tracks in N.Y.C. as will other singers. The CD project will be ongoing duing the rest of the year, as will the documentary.

'Ralf' at present is doing some studio work and editing with Sergio Mendez's main engineer as Geoff is spending time with his wife who recently underwent major surgury (You both are in our prayers Geoff).  At the end of next week Ralf will head back to Dusseldorf to work with arranger Mark and the film crew is already there working on the documentary footage which is thousands of hours, what a job they will have. Moissa is working on the thousands of still photographs and Marta will be putting up a Facebook Blog on the project.   Ralf will be back here in six weeks to both Las Vegas & Los Angeles, we'll probably be joining him in L.A. for the orchestra sessions, etc...and be back at Marylin's House. Maybe he and the film crew will join us in N.Y.C. for Jimmy's Concerts and studio time.  Meanwhile, I sent him contact info for some major players to reach out too, whom may be interested in participating in the project, they'll be some real surprises from my list if any decide to come on board, but that's for later down the road Wink.

That pretty much covers it for now.

Best Always,
S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 12:09pm
I took these 'photos of the gorgeous moon' after Jimmy's Party one of the nights at Marylin Monroe's House............

"Moon over Marylin" Shocked, lol:

The evening was both special & lovely, if "Marylin" was looking down on us I am sure she was both pleased & delighted. Smile

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2009 at 12:41pm

"Bye Bye Baby".................................................................

s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2009 at 3:02am
I don't think we need to vote on this thread going Multi*Platinum Stellar.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  lol

Mixey &
S. P. A. T.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2009 at 8:06pm
I think that was a vote, lol, thank you MIXEY & dream. Big%20smile

S.S. & J.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2009 at 11:16am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 2:04pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic