Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JIMMY SCOTT IN LOS ANGELES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JIMMY SCOTT IN LOS ANGELES
    Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:16am

These 'photos' are mostly from Jimmy's Concert at "The Echoplex" in Los Angeles. I almost forgot how much the Los Angeles crowd loves Jimmy, they come out in droves, the lines going around the block were 4 deep. I thought 'wow' when I saw some of the old diehards we haven't seen in a long time. Los Angeles never forgets Jimmy, they are always waiting for him to come back. I was thinking wow there were alot of important people that came all the way down here to 'this place' to see Jmmy! LOL! They came.

L.A. is always fun and good to see everyone. I think after N.Y., L.A. is my favorite place to do a "gig in the U.S. Both places make me happy!!

As I always start all my travelogues off with...... some 'postcards':
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:17am
Hollywood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:20am
Beverly Hills:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:20am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:22am
Jimmy resting in our hotel room after the flight in:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:29am
"The Echoplex" normally gives Rock Concerts so I was surprised they wanted Jimmy, lol...but they said they wanted "Little Jimmy Scott"!
 I understand the D.J. who was the Master of Ceremonies was a huge fan of Jimmy's and always plays his records on his radio show. Sweet.

I shot these photos of 'Jimmy & the band' from the stage wings at "The Echoplex":

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:33am
We were lucky to get the brilliant pianist "Mike Melvoin" for this "gig", he was amazing!!! Mike has played with a three page list of a "who's who" in this business and has also worked on numerous movies to add too his credit which are too long to list here.

Pianist extroidinare "Mike Melvoin":
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:37am

Jeanie!!!

It ALWAYS GREAT to see,
read and hear
these Wonderful Travelogues
of You and Jimmy,
out on the road,
gigging all over the World,
making people Happy all over the World,
and sharing what Jimmy does best
with All of Us!

F a n t a s t i c !!!

~BigSmiles & MuchLove~
Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:39am
Movie Producer/Director/Actor "Adam Goldberg" dropped in.  Adam a huge fan has used Jimmy's songs in a couple of his films.  A few years ago we went to one of the Hollywood studios to see a partial screening of one of Adam's films because he wanted permission to use Jimmy's song in it, so some of the photos here will be from that studio visit.

First here's Adam with Jimmy at The Echoplex,
"Adam Goldberg":

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:42am

At the "studio" a few years back:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:44am
Later that night there was a beautiful sunset and the Hollywood sky was a vibrant pink hue, it seemed so surreal:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:50am
Singer/Actor and longtime fan of Jimmy, "Joey Gian" stopped by.  Joey comes out whenever Jimmy is doing a show in the L.A. area.  Joey can be seen and heard singing in films like "Return To Me".

"Joey Gian":

This photo of 'Joe Pesci, Jimmy, & Joey Gian' was taken over 7 years ago:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:01am
"Mathew Buzzell" who produced & directed the '3rd. Documentary' done on Jimmy, the award winning "If You Only Knew" which aired on PBS's Independent Lens 2003-2004 season, has always been a long-time diehard fan!

"Mathew Buzzell":

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:06am

Long time champion of Jimmy "Bill Bentley" stopped in the dressingroom, Bill works at Warner Records and can be see in the '2nd. Documentary' on Jimmy "Bravo Pofiles: Jazz Masters" The Life and Times of Little Jimmy Scott, Why Was I Born".

"Bill Bentley":

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:08am
L.A.'s biggest Jimmy fan, lol!

"Carolyn Silva":

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:39am
I couldn't locate the rest of the photos I was looking for so I'll sign off with more of Hollywood......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:41am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:42am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:50am
Hey Geno!
Thank You, and much love right back 'atcha.

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:55am
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I LOVE your travelogues, S.S.!!ClapClap

You put time and thought into how you present them and they are a treat for all to see.

You and Jimmy look so good in these photos.  One would never know he was ill this summer and that you had a sore throat while in LA.  I've said  in the past how  pretty you look in that jacket with those colors.  It's become my favorite.  The colors really favor you.Smile

Thanks for sharing your life on the road with Jimmy.  Keep these coming!!  It doesn't get any better.Thumbs%20Up

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic