Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music Meccas > PHILLY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had Anyone Seen The Sounds of Philly Yet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had Anyone Seen The Sounds of Philly Yet
    Posted: Dec 26 2008 at 10:33am
I seen it on the local PBS here a little over a week ago. I seen only like 20-5 minutes- with the O'Jays, Delfonics, Bunny Siegler, Jerry Butler, Harold Melvin's Bluenotes, and the closing of a tribute of McFadden amd Whiteheads with the Philly AllStars of "Ain't No Stopping Us Now."

A week before I saw it again on a Indiana station, where I caught only 1o minutes of it with the O'Jays I don't know when it will be aired again.

I like to know from you how was it, and what we're your favorite highlights of the airing?

My dad says he was impressed with the new O'Jay member with the natural and falsetto tenor, what an addition to complement Walter & Eddie.

- Don
Nostaljack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nostaljack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2008 at 12:01pm
I don't recall seeing it here in DC. If I see any trace of it, I'll let you know.

Ed
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2008 at 8:39am
Hi Don,

I looked and looked for this show to play on my local PBS channel during their recent pledge drive.  They didn't broadcast it.  This was no surprise to me since they've missed many of the music programs I would like to see.

Instead they showed the same old same old they show everytime - John Denver, James Taylor and all the boring shows I don't like.  I've always said Mainers are not into the music I am, so there you have it.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Delmar Browne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delmar Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2008 at 5:40pm
Truly Excellent!
www.facebook.com/delmar.browne
www.twitter.com/DelmarBrowne
www.soundcloud.com/delmarbrowne

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic