Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Balls N All
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

~Go Phillies In The 2008 & 2009+World Series!~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:22pm
Done deal.  The Phillies are going to win it all Lamp

Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 4:39am
          The Phillies came very close to shutting out
 the Yankees, and that would have been the first time
 that happened in the history of the game..during the
 world series.
           Mixey, I think you are right ! The Phillies are
 making it look easy to do. Their pitching last night
 was stunning.

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 4:00pm
OMG!!!!!
I'm on the phone with Geno right now!!!!!!
Geno's daughter Jess is all over the news in PA!!!!!!Hug
She just won SUPERBOWL TICKETS for Saturday...
RIGHT BEHIND HOME PLATE!!!!!!!!!!! ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
She's taking her grandmother!!!!!!!  WOW!!! Star
GO JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Gene's in the middle of a session right now, and he's about to call his dad... Then he'll be looking for video to put up here.
Awesome Geno.  Thank you for calling me!  Hug
Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 5:42pm
        LMAO..Mixey !
  I think you mean Jess won SERIES tickets..Wink

Way to go Jess !!!!

Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 7:29pm
*LoL*
Hi Everybody!!! What a busy, & CrAzY Day!!!
I've just gotten done my sessions here, the game is on, and the score is NY Yankees 2 & Phillies 1, in Game 2 of the 2009 World Series....
and... YES...

My Daughter, Jessica, has been all over the TV & Radio News today and tonight!

Today, Jess won (2) box seat tickets front row right behind Home Plate from Citizens Bank
for
Game Three of the 2009 World Series at Citizens Bank Park in Philly.

((((((*LoL* Mixey... too funny about "SuperBowl"!!!! *LoL* Reminds me of "The Football Bat" thing... *LoL* LoveYA!!!))))

I'll update this thread later on (after some sleep) with some pics from the TV News, Web, Radio, articles, etc.,

(((right here))))... getting them together now. Go Jess!!!

Anyway... Game 2 .... it's another GREAT PITCHING Game going on between two GREAT TEAMS... as I type this in the 7th Inning...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/scoreboard

Yankees have come back alive, no doubt, and they played a good game!
Credit where Credit is due...

Final Score:

It's One & One Going into Game Three.

Go Phillies!!!

winetender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 8:46pm
  It's  1 & 1, They'll get them in Philly! Wink
Tempt Me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 8:48pm
 Hey Geno! Congrats to Your Daughter! ClapClapClapClapClap
Tempt Me!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 11:52pm
I'm an idiot. 

Embarrassed Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 9:10am
Hi Everybody!!!
Toad, Nora, Jeff, I Agree!!! This is a good series, and i think Phillies will win it...
and
*LoL* Mixey... No You're Not! Too Funny! *LoL*

Ok... here's a KYWNewsRadio Story about Jess! (with more later, too)

__
Citizens-Bank-Employee-"Jessica Leone" Surprised as-She Wins World Series Tickets
(Click to Read here)-www.kyw1060.com

Go Jessica!!!! Go Phillies!!!

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 10:13am
This is a beautiful story Geno.  I know Jess and your mother in law must be thrilled!!!!!

I'm sort of thinking about the mayhem at the ball park, however... and thinking about whether Mum Mum's going to be safe there.  I'm picturing an 80+ woman with a can of beer on her head and a baseball popped up that the catcher missed... mosh pits... cats and dogs living together, etc...

But what do I know... it might be all solved with a "football bat"... not in Mum Mum's direction... JEEZ  LOL

Mixey
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2009 at 10:24am
Just as long as the Philies win.  The Yankees have won enough.  Like a friend of mine said last night, rooting for the Yankees is like going to Las Vegas to gamble and rooting for the house.  He hit it on the head.
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2009 at 5:30am
Geno!  Holy cow!

Jess and G'ma will be quite safe at Citizens Bank Park, MIXEY!  lol  Having attended many games there I can attest to how clean and accommodating the park is, and security is everywhere. They tolerate ZERO shenanigans.

The box seats are unbelievable... We may even catch glimpses of the two of them on the telly from the field-level camera shots at home plate!

They're going to have a BLAST!  Clap

GO PHILLIES!!!!!
Jeff
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2009 at 9:42am
MM...  LOL  I'm glad you put it that way.  I'm going to Las Vegas soon.  Thumbs%20Up

Glad to know it's a safe place Jeff; but how about walking distance, etc.  I'm thinking about how my mom, who will be 84, could be nervous about not being able to keep up, even though she walks well.

I remember traveling with my 90 year old grandmother.  Travis and Mom and I took Nanny to see WWF in an arena.  That was a first!  LOL  Nanny had a blast and Travis was amazed to see his great grandmother following all of the action better than any of us.

GO PHILLIES at the world bowl of super series.  Smile

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2009 at 1:48pm
It's true that Jess's G'ma will do a fair bit of walking to get into the stadium and down to the box seats.

But if she's a really big Phillies fan she's gonna be so jazzed to be there that she won't feel a thing until tomorrow!  lol 

But you're right MIXEY. She'll do a lot of walking. I hope she's up to it. If she has any issues, Citizens Bank Park can assist with electric carts and everything you can name in the way of help for elderly or disabled fans - especially when you're in the expensive seats.
Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2009 at 3:38pm

Go Phillies!!!

The Limo picked up Jess & "MomMom", and they're on their way to the game!
Details later...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2009 at 4:49pm
 Hey Geno! Is it raining in Philly? There's still a tarp on the field?  GO PHILLIES! ClapClapClapClapClap
Tempt Me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2009 at 5:02pm
  Opps!  It is a rain delay. I had just  put the game on ~ Nora
Tempt Me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 10:07am
Hi Everybody! i haven't gotten the first hand details yet from Jess about last night's game... It's still early here, and obviously, it was a long night at the game with the one and a half hour rain delay starting it all off.

I was tired just watching it all from the comfort of being home where it was dry and warm *LoL*. But I did cook out last night, (Steak over a wood fire)... and that rain was not fun... I also had to break out the good old VHS to record it all. I didn't see Jess or "MomMom" in any of the crowd shots, but might have missed a shot or two.

Anyway,,, good game until that Yankee's home run ball hit the camera... then it felt like things just fell apart for the Phillies. These two well matched teams really are GREAT!

Here's the final stats from last night...

Oh well better luck tonight for the Phillies. (I still have tons of editing and mixing to do this afternoon and tonight for a deadline tomorrow, but I will check in here later, as usual.)
~~~ Go Phillies in Game 4! ~~~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 9:55pm
WELL... Thank Goodness I had to work all night tonight!!!

I caught up with the score of Game 4 of the 2009 World Series, here...

and so I kept working, finishing up...
and then this little CBS/MLB Scorboard thingy looked like this...

and then, blam... when I checked again...
Game 4 was history...

Jeez! Whaaat Happened?

Hmmm then next, I saw this...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/PHI

(((*LoL* Mixey... where's that football bat? It seems that the Eagles could have shared a few of those extra game winning score points with the Phillies tonight.)))

Game 4 Recap Video Here:
(see the sidebar on right of page!)

__
http://www.philly.com/philly/video/68565522.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 11:36am
  Here's Hoping for a WIN tonight!  ClapClapClapClapClap
Tempt Me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic