Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GENERIC... Whatever You Want To Talk About

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GENERIC... Whatever You Want To Talk About
    Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 7:21am
We have been motivated to create this open communication thread for all members and non-members of Soulful Planet. If you (anyone) are not sure about joining, or you don't want to become a member, but still want to communicate with us, you're welcome to post your thoughts here.

*IMPORTANT NOTE
By posting here, you agree not to break any laws. You also agree that if you or someone else is offended by whatever is posted, you agree to ignore it and hold Soulful Planet harmless. You agree to use the - or -all buttons to remove an offense from your personal view. We will not delete anything that is posted by you or anyone else, unless we are required to do so by law.
Spam will be moved to the spam thread.

Mixey, Bruce & Char
Soulful Planet Administration Team

The following is communication from Ralph Terrana. He originally posted what's below, in Toad's memorial thread, which is also in Guest Parking. At that time, there wasn't another option other than becoming a member of Soulful Planet. We've moved the communication here.

Mixey, Bruce & Char
S. P. A. T.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I realize I'll probably be barbqued for posting but I couldn't help but respond to Poke's post regarding pitch in music. Poke, until 1927, concert pitch in the USA was 435 hz. It varied from country to country and a 1927 meeting in Geneva regarding International Pitch decided on 440hz. Even the slight raise in 5 cycles from 435 to 440 was argued due to the fragility of many of the stringed instruments, which were not designed for even 435. The strain was iffy on these fine old fiddles and objections were made regarding this higher standard pitch. The pitch that is proposed to accomodate the human ear would be an impossibility for stringed instruments. They just wouldn't handle the high tension. even pianos with their beefy cast iron plates would fold under this. So obviously, whomever offered this article for consideration simply does not know what they are talking about.
What are my qualifications to state this fact? 40 years experience as a piano tuner, Piano Tecnician Guild certified and one time national examiner for the Guild.

Okay Mixie. you can have at me now.....

Ralph Terrana

s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 3:07am
Ralph...

Join and we'll move your post over to the Deep Bass thread.

I'm not in the business of having at anyone, unless they continually piss me off.

Mixey
Ralph Terrana View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Terrana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 7:11am
Hey Mixie,
Thanks for the invitiation to join. This works both ways. You guys are welcome to join SD if you feel the need. Actually, your invite took be aback abit. Are you okay? Maybe I need to send you flowers.
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 2:09pm
I'm the same as usual Ralph. No flowers yet.

Thanks for the invite to join SD, but Soulful Planet is where I live, so I'm staying here.

You haven't signed up yet, but we need to move these posts off of Toad's thread.

We'll put them in a generic thread in guest parking for now.

Mixey
Ralph Terrana View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Terrana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 3:55pm
Thanks for the invite, Mixey, but like you, my plate is already too full. Best of luck, though. I'll look in from time to time and try not to rile you.
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 5:02pm
That's nice Ralph. I'm sure it is. Same to you. Don't try too hard. You might hurt yourself.   

Mixey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.