Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > MUSIC RADIO ~ DJs ~ CHAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FELIX HERNANDEZ "RHYTHM REVUE"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 4:52am
Awwwwwwww......shucks........................

Felix is playing The Capitols "Cool Jerk", love it Felix!!!

Come on people, COOOOOOOOOOOL  Jerk, lol!!!

S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 5:50am

Felix just mentioned this is the 21st anniversary of his show "RHYTHM REVUE"!!!!!!!!!!ClapClapClapStarClapClapClap

CONGRATULATIONS FELIX for giving is 21 years of the greatest music ever made!!!!  Thank you for all your efforts to keep the music alive.

Here's wishing you 121 more years of broadcasting and dances at the Roseland!!!!!

dream

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 6:41am
That's right! "21" years at WBGO commercial free radio!!!

I can't believe it's already '10 years' since we celebrated Felix's 11th Anniversay with Artists from the 50's & 60's.  LOL! It only seems like a few years ago.  What a great night that was... fun, fun, fun!!!

Where's the party?

CONGRATS FELIX, YOU DA' MAN, MAN!!!

Love,
Jeanie & Jimmy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 6:48am
STOP IT, FELIX!!!
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Playing one of my all-time favorite rarities "Please Baby Please" by The Realistics...OMG!

I love it! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU, Felix!!!

Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
Does that ever take me back....................

Jeanie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2007 at 6:57am
Felix,
'The Realistics' were from Ohio, and also released the same exact arrangement of that song under another name that started with the letter 'S', having a memory blank right now, dang! Same group. I first heard that song playing heavily in D.C. in 1966 but it seems it was re-released wider in 1970 (if memory serves me right).

OKay..now, here's what I know "The Sensations" (with members R. Simmons & J. Washington) were out of Cleveland recorded on "Way Out Records". As "The Realistics" recorded on Delight Records, and later there was a 1970 release of the song on the Brunswick label.  (??? go figure).
The song was definately strong in Cleveland, and got east coast air play. They also released other songs such as "Gotta Find Myself Another Girl".
The history on both names of group is somewhat a mystery, and I never saw them on any of the Chitlin' Curcit Shows when the record was out.

Wish I knew more about their history & other songs they recorded.

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2007 at 4:10am
HEY FELIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHORTY LONG!!!!!  I can DIG it!!!ClapClapClapClapClapClap

You're rockin' and rollin' today!!  "Ain't Nothin' But A Party".  "Tighten Up" with Archie Bell & The Drells!!

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 3:27am
If your not listening to Felix then your radio just ain't on, lol!!!

Hey Felix!
  "FELIZ NAVIDAD" & "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" to you, Karen, the kids, & the whole family at BGO!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanie & Jimmy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 3:39am

Teena doing Linda on "Hypnotized", you go Lady T!!!

HA HA Felix, soc-it-to-em'!!!!!!

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 4:46am
HAPPY HOLIDAYS  FELIX & IDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

May your New Year be as merry and bright as you make every Saturday for all of us.Smile

dream

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 5:01am
That raw track of Marvin doing "Distant Lover" was slammin'!!!!ClapClapClapClap  You're so right, Felix, Marvin was a master and could sound like perfection even on a raw track like that one.

dream
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 6:36am
OH SOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Felix played Billie Holiday singing "I Need A Love To Keep Me Warm"

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ClapClapClapClap

dream
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2007 at 7:35am

Felix,

Congratulations
for
"21" years at WBGO commercial free radio!!!

Awesome!

Happy Anniversary & Happy Holidays!
Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 4:43am
LOL! Felix is playing "James Brown" Live at the Royal!!! "Oh Baby, don't `cha weep"......... LOL!

"James Brown's Revue" of the 1960's was a phenomenom we'll never see the likes of again.

a "JB" set, hmmmmn....wonder where he got that idea this 'particular' week, lol.

YOU GO, FELIX!!!!!!

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 5:08am
I'm loving the tribute to James on the anniversary of his death a year ago.  I still have trouble believing he's gone.

He was such a power house on and off the stage.  Thank God we still have his music!  He'll always be with us that way.  There was good reason he was called "Soul Brother # 1".  Listening to the live performances, especially, makes one realize what it must have been like to witness all that energy and feeling in person.

THANKS for this tribute, Felix!!!  May the Godfather Rest In Peace...

dream

S.S., you're so lucky to have seen so many of his great performances and to have known him during his hey day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 5:22am
Morning` dream & all,
  It's something how people often die at Christmas time (Xmas Eve or Day).

Felix is now playing "Live at the Apollo", I was there everyday that week when it was recorded, it was an exciting time, 'Frankie Crocker' drove right in from the backstage door on his "pink" Harley Sportster Motorcycle! LOL!

I was working off Wall Street for the Hartford Insurance Agency, they wouldn't let me take time off, said I'd be fired if I did. I said goodbye to them, I'm going to see Mr. Brown, they were like who's Mr. Brown, lol!!! I hopped the A-Train up to Harlem, got off on 125th. Street, walked up a couple blocks, around the corner to the backstage enterance on 126th. Street and never looked back, lol, lol!!

I wish you could have all seen his show in the 60's, there was nothing like it, nothing better anywhere, it was the place to be at Soul Brother #1's "Showtime"!!!!!!!  I'll always treasure those times.

Thanks for the show, Skates.
Jeanie
kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 5:23am
I was listening to the show off-line. I always wondered what the East and Northeast favorites JB cuts are from all other cities. I'm getting a education for sure. Since the December month WHPK's Dusty's Party on every Thursday has been paying tribute to JB, also.

kitten
when you have friends who needs enemies.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 5:29am
Wonderful memories S.S..ClapClap  I wish I had been in NYC back then too, although I had my own share of fun in Beantown.LOL  I would have been right there at the Apollo with you,  backstage, peeking around corners at Eugene Pitt & The Jive Five.  hahahahahahahaha

Can't wait for YOUR book.  You must do one one day.  What a life and what wonderful stories you have to tell.Wink

Kitten, I'm glad to hear other stations have been doing tributes to JB this week, too.

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 5:29am
Hi kitten,
We bought everything he did in his 'live show' and then some.
I also collected his 50's albums, I had "every" album he ever recorded from 1956 (Please, Please, Please) thru 1971 (Get On The Good Foot).  Plus the latest 45's from "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" to "Cold Sweat" and everything in-between.

A couple times I heard his latest release in advance at his home while his son "Teddy" danced his butt off to them. "Teddy" was even better than the old man, a real chip off the old block!!

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 5:32am
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!  S.S., we posted at the exact same time.  hahahahahahahahahahaha

dream
kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2007 at 5:36am
Dream, the fellas will be doing a tribute from now on-and they always do.

kitten
when you have friends who needs enemies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic