Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > MUSIC RADIO ~ DJs ~ CHAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FELIX HERNANDEZ "RHYTHM REVUE"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 9:18am
He's the man!  D.J. :
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 7:37pm

The "3" CD box-set!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 7:40pm

George Kerr, Timothy Wison,Eugene Pitt, Baby Washington, Arlene Smith, Beverley Lee (The Sirelles), & The Cadillacs in view.

FELIX'S 11TH. ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION ~ "NIGHT OF THE STARS" ~ NOV. 1997

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 7:54pm

Live Radio Broadcast from 'The National Museum of Radio & Television' ~ N.Y.C. ~ Nov. 1998:

Author Claude Brown (Manchild in the Promiseland), Ida (Goodmorning) Stroud, Steve Nicholas, Chuck Jackson, Beverly Lee, & D.J. Felix Hernandez on "The Rhythm Revue"!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 5:16am
Classic Soul (plus)!  ~  "The Rhythm Revue"
On the net WBGO Radio, on the air 88.3 FM Radio ~ Saturday Mornings ~ East Coast Time: 10:00 am ~ 2:00 pm!  For the best in rare soul, lost soul, classic soul, history, & more.................
Disc Jockey "Felix Hernandez" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Tune in, you'll be hooked too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 10:57am
SOUL SISTER!!!
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Splendid job with all the photos.  This is what makes this thread come alive!!

Thank you!!!!!!!Thumbs%20UpBig%20smile

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2007 at 11:50am

I agree, a picture is worth a thousand words.  :)

You're Welcome!

S.S.
kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 5:30am
I didn't get a chance to listen to the other half of his show this past Saturday. I will listen out this coming Sat. Thank You Dream for turning me on to Felix, plus I send a sentimental shout out to Jeanie and Jimmy the Scotts.

ps

How come Felix doesn't read his email request[s] anymore?
I've sent him ny request and was waiting to for him to mention my name.
Maybe he will this week, maybe??

Kitten / Joanie
when you have friends who needs enemies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 5:54am
Hi Joanie,
Thanks for the shout out!

Felix gets thousands of emails, pehaps he'll get around to your request in time.

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 5:58am
Hi Kitten/Joanie,

WELCOME IN!!Smile

You're welcome.  I'm so glad you enjoy Felix.  We pop this thread up every Saturday so we can discuss what he's playing.

I think Felix does read his e-mail requests, but he gets thousands of them.  He tries to include a few from week to week.

If it's been a while since you sent in your request, , maybe you should send in another this week, as a reminder.

The only other reasons I can think of why he hasn't played what you requested is he might not own the record as part of his collection, or he didn't have the record in the studio the day your request came in,

dream
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 5:59am
LOL!!  S.S..  I think we were typing at the same time.

dream
kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 3:05am
I just logged in Felix just started his playlist with James Brown's "I got you".  I recall as it were yesterday when Detroit Emerials "You Want It You Got It" and, I truly liked it when he put on a 'live' recording of Al Green with Chgo?? I can't wait for him to do a extensive set of doowop.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 3:23am
Hi Joanie!!

I agree!!!  Felix said a few weeks ago that he would do extended sets of doo wop every few weeks.  You know I'm loving that!!Big%20smile

dream
kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 4:10am
I'm surprised felix is playing one of my favorite overlooked jams by Johnny Taylor "Save Your Love For Me" and Wilson Pickett tune, which got a zillion spins back in the day. It's a wonder why felix you are a #1 deejay pick of mine. And if your looking in don't say I didn't say so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 5:45am
FELIX!!! Do it to it!!! He's now playing "Tell Him Hello"  ooooooo, stop it! Pulling at my heartstrings. Felix knows just what to play when he gets ready, oh yea! (chuckle...)

OMG! Now he's playing my sweet "Smitty" singing "If My Heart Could Speak", Felix your bringing me to tears baby.

Jeanie
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 5:46am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Listen to "Smitty" - "If My Heart Could Speak".  BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Felix must have played that for you, Soul Sister!!

I LOVE that song!!!

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 5:51am

"Smitty"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 5:53am
Hearing his voice was just like hearing him talk to me as he did back in the day, the flooded, unexpected, memories made me melancholy and cry.

Jeanie
kitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 6:08am

My son was happening to play the Dedicated To You lp a few weeks ago.  The Manhattans group should be honored into the RNRHOF and RNB Awards. I recognize the group should be voted in, also if there is updates and where to post my vote - please feel free to let ol Joanie know, ok?

Kitten

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 6:13am
Thanks Joanie, I agree.

If memory serves me right, I think they were inducted into the R&B Foundation.

S.S.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic