Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > MUSIC RADIO ~ DJs ~ CHAT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FELIX HERNANDEZ "RHYTHM REVUE"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FELIX HERNANDEZ "RHYTHM REVUE"
    Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 5:37am
Hi Everyone,

I decided to put up a separate thread about Felix Hernandez & "Rhythm Revue".   I thought more people would see it under Music General. (GEORGE - if you think this thread should be moved to some other section, feel free to do so.)

Felix is one of the few who plays classic soul and doo wop.  He plays quite a bit of rare soul too, from all parts of the country.  He plays Motown, Stax, New York/New Jersey, California, Chicago, Philly, etc..  You name it, Felix plays it.

Today, for instance, he's doing a birthday tribute to Baby Washington.

Soul Sister and Vonnie turned me on to Felix a couple of years ago, and I've been hooked ever since.

"Rhythm Revue" airs every Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST.

Here's the link:

ENJOY!!!Smile

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 5:56am
Good idea, dream.  :>)

Felix's classic soul "Rhythm Revue" radio show has been on BGO since December of 1986.  His 3000 plus fans at his dance party's at N.Y.'s famed "Roseland" (sometimes with surprise guest Artists to the fans delight) has become legendary! Felix is the only cat that plays all the great lost & rare soul tracks that move & groove you, unllike the other D.J.'s that play only the commercial hits, lol! For real!!!  He's a great guy too, what's not to love.  0:>)

More later, got to take of some things for Jimmy...

Jeanie
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 6:26am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 6:29am
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 7:05am
Great photos, S.S.!!!  Thanks!!Thumbs%20Up

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 7:26am
You're welcome dream.
 I ried to post some other photos but it wasn't working again, saying ERROR.  That was strange because they uploaded on another site in the past.

HELP S.P.A.T. !!! lol!!!

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 4:24am
(((((((FELIX)))))))

You're killing me today.  Playing some great tracks, The Mad Lads, Intruders, Continental Four, Double Exposure, etc..

Soul music doesn't get any better!!
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Thumbs%20Up

dream
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 6:34am
You played my main man GENE PITT & The Jive Five.  I agree, Felix, he is THE GREAT GENE PITT!!!!  ClapThumbs%20Up

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 7:08am
Hey dream,
"United" is one of my most favorite Jive Five recordings!
Felix is the man! Also played other goodies like Thelma  Kilgore's "I Had A Talk With My Man Last Night", Jerry Butler's "I Stand Accused" and JB's "So Long"!!!  An alternative record of The Realistics "Please Baby Please".

Great stuff this morning Felix!  LOVE IT!!! The best on the net!!!  Felix just got an AWARD for that!!!!!!! BEST SHOW!!!!!!!

S.S.
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 7:36am
Right you are, S.S..  The Village Voice named "Rhythm Revue" best radio show.  They'll get no argument from us!!!

CONGRATULATIONS FELIX!!!!!!!!!!!!  No one deserve it more!!ClapClap

dream
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 3:22pm
I'm listening to this station as I am working! NICE!

I noticed a difficulty in simply putting up a text post just now.

For some reason, posts seem to work better and faster here if the text or image is moved down one line, meaning not starting at the highest point in the test area. It could be a coincidence.

Temperamental bugger!

george

AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 3:24pm

I'm listening to this station as I am working! NICE!

I noticed a difficulty in simply putting up a text post just now.

For some reason, posts seem to work better and faster here if the text or image is moved down one line, meaning not starting at the highest point in the test area. It could be a coincidence.

Temperamental bugger!

george

LIKE THIS
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 3:59pm
The jazz they play is good too, George.  I hope you get to listen to Felix on a Saturday morning, because he is TOPS for anyone who digs soul music!!Big%20smile

dream
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 4:10pm

Thank you dream. I will do that.
george
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 2:07am
You won't regret it, George.Big%20smile

dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 5:32am
Jimmy & I, with Felix ~ October 14, 2001:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 5:36am
With Felix at Jimmy's Lincoln Center Show ~ April 25, 2007:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 5:43am
Felix interviewing Chuck Jackson at the "National Museum of Radio & Television" in N.Y.C. ~ November 1998:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 5:50am
Felix's awesome "3-CD" Box Set:

Sorry, this wouldn't post ???????..... S.P.A.T. Please???????

But...it's a must for any collector's to have!!!
Check it out if you can, you won't be sorry you did.

S.S.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 6:00am
"Night of the Stars" ~ Felix's 11th. Anniversary Radio Show & Dance Party ~ November 1997 ~ on stage were Doo-Wop, R&B, and Soul Artists from the 1950's & 60's there to Celebrate with Felix!!!

OK, I tried to upload a few of those shots but kept getting "check path & name" ERROR in loading???? These photos all posting fine on another site in the past. S.P.A.T.???????

S.S.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic