Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Edward E Goetz "TOAD" died...  OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edward E Goetz "TOAD" died... OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 7:11am
MIXEY...Yes... Remembering Toad Today on his birthday.
We had so much fun with him on that Happy Birthday Toad thread over the years...

And Toad, wherever You are now... here's that "Lamb Birthday Cake" again.
We miss Ya...

~Geno
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 7:58am

Missing you much on this day, My Friend...Happy Birthday, Toad.  God Speed...

HugHeart dream HeartHug
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 8:09am
Toad...
We Miss You
Today is Your Birthday.
Happy Birthday where ever You are now...

Toad, Rest In Peace.
~Geno

...so much more to say about Toad...
and we will...
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 12:40pm

Happy Birthday Toad... we do indeed miss you. Unhappy

Jeff
Nikki View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 7:59pm
Very sorry to learn of Toads passing....sad....I remember him from the various soul forums from years ago. I enjoyed his posts, his humor, and his political banter. May he rest in peace in the forever growing heavenly choir of musicians.
Jeff Bogan View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Bogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 8:49pm
Happy Birthday!! Uncle Toad! 
Judi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 9:05pm
Yes, Jeff, we talked about fishing a lot.  He would go into great detail of what color lure to use in different water, and it seems he was always right on.  He also talked about the many times he went camping and fishing with friends.  There will never be another like him.  Cry
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2012 at 7:25am
Hi Nikki,

Thanks for coming here to post about Toad.  He is unforgettable for sure.  We all had the feeling of friendship for those we posted with on the various soul forums.  I know I've met some interesting people, learned a great deal about the music we love and formed some lifetime friendships.  It's hard when we lose one of those we became close to.

dream/Mary
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2012 at 11:24am

***   "HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOAD!!!"   ***

Heart,
S.S.

Hi Nikki!
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Colton View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 6:33am
Ed (Toad) built a very fine custom stratocaster for me to use. We spent several hours talking about it and listening to music together. He told lots of great stories. There is no way I can ever repay him for his time and effort. He was a really fine craftsman and the guitar is simply beautiful. I hope to write some new music with this guitar, to continue to record and produce new sounds. Thanks Ed!
Jeff Bogan View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Bogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 8:40pm
I read Uncle Toads posts and it is funny because, I can actually hear him speaking the words!! Funny Story,  Uncle Toad explained to my girlfriend what that little patch he had on his chin was all about! He told her "The boys don't understand what this is all about! But the girls sure do" LOL!! God I miss him!!
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 9:28pm
Colton...

Toad believed in you as an artist; and wished for great opportunities to come your way. That's why he was so intent on crafting that guitar for you. He was so excited about it; and he shared it with us. You're welcome here. Please keep us updated as to your progress. I'm very aware of your music. Best to you. Here's the guitar thread... Toad talks about you on page 8 & 9...
Guitars... I'd Like to know more please...

Jeff B...       I can hear him too; and I'm happy his posts are here for you and all of us to read and remember. He was so valued; and his essence will always be here for all of us. I know you miss him so; but I'm happy he was such a big being, and his voice is still with us.   

Mixey
S. P. A. T.
Soulful Planet Administration Team
yasdnil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasdnil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2012 at 6:46pm
  Very sorry to hear this......he was  earnest to the core. R.I.P. 
Becoming human.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2012 at 1:02am
Well said yasdnil. Good to see you.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 12:39am
It's now been 2 months
since...
Toad's last post here on Soulful Planet
and 2 months since we last heard from Toad...
before he passed away.

I still have the feeling that the phone is still going to ring,
and I'll hear that unmistakable Toad voice of his,
crackling across the landline, with that familiar...
"Yo Geno, it's Toad"

I know that Mixey gets this same, fleeting, momentary feeling too...
like...

two whole months has gone by,
and not a phone call from Toad... Yo Toad, What's up?

and the laughter would begin, as usual...

And then, reality quickly sets back in.

Woof.

Same for not seeing Toad's latest thoughts posted here at SoufulPlanet
about everything from politics and Ron Paul to guitar building to cusine to Detroit weather and the funny daily goings on at "Cadavar Commons" as he called it, or remembering detail stuff like "Toad & Snick at Work", and his latest updates to "Toad's World".

Damn, Toad we miss YA!

I also went over to Toad's FB page, and took a screen grab from 2 minutes ago... and wanted to post it here for the record, also.

Toad... Rest In Peace,
but actually, Toad, we hope You are jamming and partying and laughing your ass off up there with everybody.
~Geno

...so much more to say about Toad...
and we will..
Agustin View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 4:22pm
I can already tell that's gonna be super heplufl.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 4:38pm

Question

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:41pm
One day before Epiphany this past year 2012, we lost our good friend Ed "Toad" Goetz.

Toad, you're on my mind all of the time. I hear your voice. I hear your jokes. I read your words.

It's hard to reconcile that you have been gone a full year. You are so much a part of the present.

I still feel bad that I waited to send you that Mexican food last year. It would have brought a smile to you. Then again, you might have died sooner. Maybe lamb would have been more appropriate.

Anyway, I'm thinking about you this night here in San Diego, and wondering what it would have been like if we had all gotten together and had a good time out here as a big happy Soulful Planet family. So much crap has gone on since we all talked about that, you wouldn't even believe it.

You would have always remained the same great friend.

I miss you so much.
Love always to you and your family,
Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:30am
Mixey,

Well said, and DITTO to every thing You posted above.
This is a difficult time of year, remembering how
it all unfolded last year,
with the passing of our dear friend...Toad...

Toad... What can I say...
Where ever you are right now,
Here's wishing You the best
And Man, we really miss You
In a millon ways.
Rest In Peace.

~Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 9:28am

Toad... remembering You today
on your birthday, and always.
RIP...
~Geno

Edward E. "Toad" Goetz Photo by: Miriam Wilson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic