Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Edward E Goetz "TOAD" died...  OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edward E Goetz "TOAD" died... OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 11:01am
From Jeff's FB pics...

Jeff Knapp's FB pics - Toad's Guitars _ (click here)

And details and discussion of the building of all of them, and more, right from Master Craftsman -Toad... here...

Topic: Guitars. . . I'd Like To Know More. . . Please !! (click here)

RIP Toad... You may have moved on to a better place,
but, in no way, will You ever be forgotten,
by any of us. ~Geno

dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 11:10am
I come here with such a heavy heart, but I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted about their thoughts and love for Toad.

Geno, you really are our resident historian.  You've put up such wonderful posts about Toad.Thumbs%20Up

No doubt Toad would be pleased Paul came in second last night, and he (Paul) could end up going to the convention with his delegates to make the point about his "movement".  Paul wants to change the Republican Party, and he may have some effect there.  I'm sure Toad will be with Paul all the way.Smile

Jeff, Mixey, everyone, I'm so moved by your posts.Cry  I keep checking in to keep up-to-date.  I love you all.Hug

I still can't wrap my head around this terriblee loss, but he will be with us here in the village forever.

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 11:30am
Dream... well said, and Love You right back and Everybody here.

Every word, every thought, every memory... a tribute to a Great Human Being, that was indeed, Toad.

Toad would be so humbly proud of all of this, probably while telling us to knock it the hell off *lol* ... Hey Toad... nope! *lol*

Damn, we all miss him so much.

And yes... on the Ron Paul thing... Toad was so proud of this, too...

From Toad's FB Page...

So much more to say about "Toad"...
And we will...
Vonnie Eli View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vonnie Eli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 1:05pm
I'm still thinking about Toad! I would speak with him on the phone occasionally and he would always make me laugh. I especially loved to hear him call me "Darlin". I have dedicated this song by the Artistics to him. R.I.P. Toad, "I'm Going To Miss You".

Vonnie Eli

Destruction View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 4:56pm
My condolences to Toad's family and friends.
phillysoulman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillysoulman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 7:37pm
Here is a picture of Honey,the awesome guitar hand crafted for me by Ed "Toad" Goetz
He may be gone but his wonderful spirit lives on in my girl,Honey

Toad,  my good friend you are now resting with the best of the best in rock and roll heaven!

"Professionals built the Titanic, but amateurs built the Ark"
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 7:40pm
Thank you for coming over Destruction. It means a lot to hear from you!

Dream...
I'm a mess too. The political issues have become insignificant to me right now, and then I have to remember how important they were to Toad and all of us. I think the right thing to do is to keep it going in our Town Hall whenever we can. If we let it drop, then a good thing dies with our friend and doesn't honor him. I feel positive he would not have wanted it that way.

What do you think? I'd like to hear from you and Jeff and Geno and MM and anyone else who's been reading us.

Vonnie... I loved the way Toad called us all "Darlin'" too. The last thing we said to each other a few weeks ago at the end of a conversation was in jest. He referred to my "red hair". I said... Toad... my hair's not red. He said... "It's red enough for me darlin'." ... and we laughed. That was it.

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 7:52pm

Geno,

Thanks for all the time and care you've spent on creating an ongoing tribute to
Toad. It means a lot. It helps to see these images and posts from him.
I'm overwhelmed with work right now; this all came down at the
worst time for me and I've had to push it away mentally and
keep my head in the game, which has been really difficult.
Again, many thanks.

Mixey, I'll be back here with more thoughts next week.
I'm at a very low ebb spiritually from a big combo platter of stressors
and I have to get my head together because everything is coming out angry and upset. 

Jeff
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 8:00pm
Hello Destruction.  Thank you for coming here to express your condolences.  Very kind of you.  I hope all is well with your two girls.  I always enjoyed your posts about them.

Mixey - Hug YES!!  I agree.  We must keep the political threads going.  Toad would absolutely want it that way.  South Carolina is next, and even though I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, we'll keep it fair and square.  Jeff can carry the mantle for Paul, if he wants to.  If not, we should make sure he gets equal billing with the others.  It turns out Toad was right when he said Ron Paul would be a factor in this election.  The young people and Independents ARE voting for him in big numbers.

Vonnie, your post made me smile with the "Darlin'" comment.  that's what he called me, too, and Mixey as well.  I'm guessing all the ladies got the same treatment.Smile

I checked his Facebook page again today and saw all the postings there.  His best friend, Bob, posted he had a massive heart attack.  As one poster said, "I hope Toad knew how much he mattered."Cry

dream

P.S.  Mixey!  your talking about the political threads just triggered my memory about the Toad for Vice President thread a couple of years ago.  There was some funny stuff in it.  I bet Geno will be able to find it.
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 8:13pm
Thank you Jeff.
You and your family have been through a lot and now this.
I agree and appreciate Geno so much. He's been searching Toad's posts and coming up some gems. I love that video he posted of the cobra with an engine that rocks the room. lol Toad had many talents!

Phillysoulman... I'm glad you were able to log back on. Thank you for posting a picture of your Toadmaster "Honey". It was very kind of you and Vonnie to call.

We've all been through it... all of our families... our wins, our losses, our loves and our lives.

We are all one soulful planet, where ever we are... what ever we're doing... what ever our differences and our similarities... we are all one regardless and we share this earth together.

Losing Toad has made me re-look at myself and think more about what really matters. Relationships matter. Cultivation of tolerance is important. Love is everything.

Mixey
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 8:31pm
Perfect idea Dream!!!!! I REMEMBER THAT TOAD FOR PRESIDENT THREAD!   
Geno's been with his daughter all day. He'll be back on in a little bit, and I know he'll dig it out.
I agree with your sentiments on keeping our activity in Town Hall going... and yes, we should give equal time to Toad's sentiments.
As you know... Toad was definitely into the ladies, Dream. He made no apologies for that. I loved his sense of humor, which could go mildly X rated as we know , especially when Geno and he would get in the Bat Cave together awhile back. OMG! lol But when Toad called us all "darlin'", it was with respect. I loved that about him. He genuinely cared about us and would have been the first to defend out honor against anyone. How many guys do we know who would have the balls to do that!

Geno and Jeff... I know for a fact you're that way too. I value your friendship so much and I'd go to bat for you too.   

Toad sent this in an e-mail to me and a bunch of his friends on 12/27.   

Love you Toad!

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 8:32pm

And dream, while Toad and I have definitely carried the torch for Ron Paul,
I have had to temper my enthusiasm over time, recognizing as I do that
Paul remains the longest of long shots at the nomination. My buddy Toad
was all in with Paul... his heart couldn't have bled any harder for the man.

Actually, it would be more accurate to say that Toad bled fiercely for his
city, and his country, and for justice. For fairness. That's why I connected
with Toad, both politically and personally. Toad was a righteous guy, and
Ron Paul became a lightning rod for our hopes for a more just government.

But I am not blind to political realities. I can see that Ron Paul will wind up
an important footnote in this year's election, nothing more.
Life will go on in Washington largely unchanged, regardless of the outcome.
I think that is my most bitter realization and it leaves me feeling hopeless.
I despise what the American political process has become and I'm angry about
it. I've lost my appetite for posting because I'm too pissed off right now.
I'll be posting again when I can get my head back on right.

Jeff
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 8:46pm
Jeff... You said that perfectly!   "Toad bled for his country."

Toad and I didn't always agree, but I always ended up agreeing with the intention behind his views. He wasn't interested in lining his pockets at the expense of someone else. He wanted everybody to be winners. He enjoyed hearing about and experiencing the successes of others. He wanted to hear good news... and when there wasn't good news to be had... he bled for his country. That says a whole lot about the man.

I always love hearing from you Jeff and reading your thoughtful posts. I also value the need to be quiet, when I'm on overload.   I do it myself frequently, and I understand what you're feeling right now.

Mixey
winetender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winetender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 8:52pm
My deepest condolences to everyone in this time of loss. I've continued to follow Toad's posts to see His progress on His guitars, & also His stories of His past & politics. As all of You, I'll miss his kindness & humor. He will be remembered always with a smile. Rest In Peace Toad & God bless everyone ~ Nora
Tempt Me!
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 9:01pm
Nora...

I know you miss him. God bless you too.
You've been a good friend to Toad and all of us over here. It's nice to see you and thank you for joining in. It's been hard for all of us.

Mixey
QUEENY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEENY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 8:41am
 I received a call lastnight informing me of this bad news.
I met Toad a few times and he was a  very nice,  funny Guy who loved people & loved to party. I still received e mails from him sometimes.
This is very awful & hard to take. I will remember Toad the way I  met him. I can't forget the beautiful Guitars he'd made.
I will remember Toad !

AINT UNDERSTANDING MELLOW
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 10:54am
Hi Everyone,
I was saddened when dream called me in N.Y. out of the blue to tell me of toad's passing, like everyone here I was literally speechless! 

Our condolences go out to toad's loved ones, family, & friends both here on S.P. , Facebook, & in the music world.

What can I say that you all haven't already said.  toad was a very supportive person of his friends both here and on Facebook, like our own cheer leader, toad had a really big heart and I loved that about him.  MIXEY, I know toad was very fond of you and treasured your friendship.  He enjoyed sparring with dream and Jeff in the political threads.  Geno, he adored you too, and this tribute you've done here...I am sure he's looking down smiling with love in his heart.  That Cobra....I don't know which he loved more that car or his gorgeously crafted guitars, toad had a special talent indeed.  We both loved sport cars, I teased him saying I was coming to the Motor City to steal his Cobra, I think he got a kick out of that.  I will miss seeing him around here and on FB, though I know he will be watching what all of us do and will be doing in the future.

Like dream, it's good to see some folks we've haven't seen around here in a long time and I know that it will make toad very happy, he was trying to bring people together always.  toad truly had a loving heart, I hope we all honor that and show love for one another in this new year.  The passing of toad tells me we need to show more love to folks while they are still here with us.  It would be a way to honor him too.

Peace & Love to Everyone,
Soul Sister

God Bless toad.
With Love,
Jimmy & Jeanie
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
Soul Sister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Sister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 11:13am

In memory of "toad"  ~

I think toad loved his guitars & cars equally!!

S.S.
"Love Is The Answer" ~ Little Jeanie Scott
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 11:38am
Has then been any word about a memorial service or burial arrangments??    I know its something no on likes to discuss, but I am sure Toad's family and dear friends want to say their final goodbyes. I dont like goodbyes
Anybody else missing George Bush besides me?
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2012 at 1:18pm
Hi, MM,

I read on his Facebook page he will be cremated and there will be a private memorial service at a future date.

dream
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic