Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BC Beach > * Guest Parking *
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Edward E Goetz "TOAD" died...  OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edward E Goetz "TOAD" died... OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Roassi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 2:09pm
Oh my....

Toad will be sorely missed by all that were touched by him....
Sweet Pea View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet Pea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 2:40pm
Hi Everyone!!!

I am so sorry that I haven't been posting--but i lost my password--but anyway--I just want to convey my condolences to everyone on this forum--including myself--I am so shocked and so saddened at the loss of our dear friend Toad. He had just wished me a Happy New Year...I'm sorry I just can't post any more...I'm sorry...I miss and love you guys and gals...
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 4:21pm
I miss you and love you too Sweet Pea. Thank you for coming over. Toad was one in a million.

55Motown you said it right...Toad was so supportive.
He was a true friend in every sense of the word. How many times does a person find that kind of commitment in the world in which we live! He gave to so many people... people he knew all of his life and people he just met. He had 2 wives who died of horrendous illnesses. He was there for them. He lost them, and had to love again. In the end, maybe the universe was good to him in that he didn't have to suffer. I hope that death came swiftly and painlessly. I can't bare to think of him suffering.

I too was feeling an emptiness over the last few days Dream. Geno said he was feeling the same. I was planning on calling him today, to see if he'd be home tomorrow, because I was going to overnight him a pan of chorizo. He told me there was a Mexican restaurant in his area, but it was a long drive, and "he could live on the stuff". I feel really bad that I didn't do this last week. It would have put a smile on his face. Then again... maybe it would have killed him earlier.

Our friend Toad always found something to be "real cheerful" about, even when he was hurting over losing his little Angel. A fitting name, wasn't it Dream?

Thanks Dream for letting us know about Soul Sister and Jimmy. I know she'll come over here, when they're finished. We all understand... I know they're devestated too.

I've missed all of you... Sweet Pea... Vonnie & Bobby... Motown55... George Rossi... Dew... Ben & Michele... Toad would have been very happy and touched to read your words remembering him here.

George... You know Toad was a big fan. He's smiling on you and your keys.

Bobby... keep making beautiful music on Honey. That will honor him for sure.

Geno... What are we going to do??? We're looking at the pictues and we're looking at our guitars, and it's not bringing him back. Can we send flowers? Where is the service? I feel so useless!!!

Jeff... I just want to go somewhere and cry too!

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 4:45pm
This is what Bob Yockey wrote to me this morning. Beckey Yockey just wrote back, saying it was OK to post the communication here. Bob has written to Ray Monette today as well. Ray... I know you're not feeling too good if you've found out. I'm so sorry.

From Bob Yockey...

Hi Mixey, this is Bob. I was hoping somehow you would find out the sad news. I know how close you were with Ed, I feel I know you. Wish we had met when we were in your town a couple years ago.
They found Toad yesterday, he was sitting at his computer with his head down, so he went quick, a few days ago, I checked Soulful and his last post was on the 4th, so it has been a few days.
Please let all his soulful friends know. Love you gal, Bob

Mixey
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 4:59pm
The national news is on now, and it's making me mourn for Toad.  Today is the New Hampshire primary, and I don't know if I'll be able to watch the results without crying and thinking of Toad and his passion for his candidate and his country.Cry

I've also been thinking about how supportive Toad was of the music, and each and every one us, Mixey & Motown 55.  When I first met Gene and began working for him, Toad cheered me on at every step, and supported all my efforts on behalf of Gene & The Jive Five.

I think about all his recipes, and what a good cook he was.  I remember telling him once he'd make someone a great wife. LOL I'm thinking about his "lamb theory" that had us all in stitches. 

I'm thinking back on our phone conversations, and the times he told me about rolling his own cigarettes and different kinds of tobacco.  I'm thinking about all the good times and not so good times we all went through together.

I'm thinking about his hilarious stories in the Toad & Snick at work thread.

I'm thinking about his two wives and how much he loved them, and yes, Mixey, his love for his little dog, Angel.

I'm thinking about the pain he suffered losing his home and his ability to find some humor living at "Cadaver Commons" as he called it.

I was thinking the same as you, Mixey.Broken%20Heart  It sounds like he went quickly, and God blessed him in the end.  I bet he was trying to post something here at SP.

Every time we come here to post, we'll think of Toad, and it's fitting to do so.  I'm grateful so many of his thoughts and words are here. Everyone who posted in this thread shares the loss of this wonderful human being - my condolences & Heart to all of you .  I hope in time our sadness will turn to smiles...Somehow it will never be the same...Cry   

dream
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 5:27pm
To ALL here, right now...
Beautiful posts above!
MuchLove You All... we hear, see and feel every emotion
in these words... deeply.
And these words are very comforting
for all of us to read, and to feel.
Rip, Toad

~~~

Ok... In light of Toad's passing, I am bumping this post forward here as well.

How can one describe Toad?

In a million wonderful ways... and here is just one of them right from within these Forum walls.

from "Topic: \ Toad's World /" threads Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 11:20am

This is Toad... written in his own words... and he lived this.
~RIP Toadster!
––••––

Originally posted by toad toad wrote:

I have resolved myself to combat the forces
 that are at work to corrupt America and our monitary

system.

Any extra money that I aquire, I will use to

make something of worth to others. We all have this

option. Everybody has the ability to create something

that others can use. Not to make money, but to share.

When you take extra money and do something of

worth to others, everybody benifits.

Donating your time or labor is a good example.

At this time, just leaving your home costs you money.

When you get in your car to go somewhere the meter

starts running. If you see or hear that a friend is in

need of something you can help them with, and you

take the time and money to help them out the payoff

is that you have eliminated that need.

A need and a want are two differant things.

Wants cause frustration, but needs cause stress.

If you can do something, anything, to help someone

with a need, that gesture will eliminate some of that

person's stress.

Self-indulgent things we spend money on can

reduce our own stress if we are in need of something,

but when we spend money on wants the effects don't

really help others, just you.

We all get into the trap of wanting things beyond

our capacity to obtain. Some go into debt to get them.

In my opinion, that is the stress machine that can

eat us up.

The ability to meet our needs is not guaranteed,

but most of us will work hard to meet that requirement

to maintain our perception of who we are.

Like the birds and bees, it seems God provides us

with the basics..food and shelter, but in reality we

depend on each other to make it through life.

Any degree of help that you can give to others

will trickle down to you at some point in time.

It's like some cosmic law of the universe. You

may not get what you want in life, but if you help

others, that gesture will not go un-noticed. Reduce

somebodies stress, and your stress will be reduced

in kind. I'm not sure how all this works, I just know

that I see examples of it happening everyday.

I'm not sure about you, but I will not be giving

stress a home anywhere near me in toad's world.

toad

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 5:57pm
Dream, thank you for that! My head is a blur and you actually got me laughing!   

The political stuff is all goofed up for me too at the moment. I watch it with all of us in mind as well, and Toad was such a major part of it and we all looked forward to what he was going to say.

Lamb theory... cadaver commons... Snick... lol lol How about what happened when the guy showed up asking Toad to talk with his father! He referred to his dad as "the drunk". Toad's father had died, and Toad wasn't in the mood for this jerk; so he took the guy on "a little walk", and opened a file cabinet that had his dad's ashes in it. The guy was so scared, he ran away horrified. Toad felt guilty for how he treated that guy. Imagine that! Another person might have physically hurt the guy or worse. Toad just gave him a lesson about insensitivity... and he still felt like he was wrong for that.

I know Toad encouraged you when you were just starting with The Jive Five Dream. That was really cool. He helped me a lot too, not only with Soulful Planet, but personally when I lost my son. He was a very caring friend... and he always included Mom in our conversations and asked about her.

We have a strong nucleus of a few very unusual people Dream. I don't know how it came to this, but I cherish each one of you. I feel like I've lost a brother too Jeff.

Mom's got political stuff on TV right now. I can't look at Ron Paul without thinking about Toad. I was really looking forward to more impassioned debate with him. Maybe that's what killed him. He was really upset about how Ron Paul was being attacked. We were disagreeing and he was very busy finding links and posting videos. I hope he didn't get so angry and frustrated that he died.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 6:19pm
Mixey & Dream... so very well said...

I'm a mess over here... i hadn't slept more than an hour since last night, and then fell asleep a few hours ago,
and had a vividly clear dream of Toad bombing around in that awesome car that he built... in beautiful weather... letting the engine roar to make a hell of a lot of noise, just for fun, while we were all together having a good time... laughing... cooking food outside... "lamb" *lol*... playing music... jamming... and having a ball.

Did I mention laughing...!!!

i woke up to the stark reality, that indeed...
it was a dream and our good buddy Toad, really has passed on.

Whew. But remembering the laughter and fun that we have had with "Toad" ...is sure a very good thing.

~Geno

Terry Dacktyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Dacktyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 6:28pm
R.I.P. Toad. You will be missed.
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 6:46pm
That's a really nice dream Geno. Sounds like he's trying to let you know he's OK.

I love that!

Hi Terry D. Nice to see you again.

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 7:27pm

Everybody... thank you for your posts about Toad. I have been struggling terribly to make it through the day.

I looked in to SP this morning and saw this thread early on... in a panic I called Geno for any news and he wearily answered the phone after he'd already been up all night talking with Mixey and folks (sorry Geno) and he confirmed my worst fear. We could barely talk about it... I was at the office, already knee deep in my work and Geno was drained and exhausted... it was too big a loss for us to discuss under the circumstances.

I needed to get out of work before I could process any of this and I'm still struggling with it. It's been a severe shock. I feel like I've lost a brother; someone that close to me in a traditional sense. I believe this is because Toad and I saw the world through a very similar lens and I'm grieving the loss of someone who "got" me... someone who knew where I was coming from. He was someone who shared the same sense of humor, the same politics, the same likes in music. Many things. I never met Toad in person; we'd hoped to meet soon when he could manage a trip down to the Philly area and I was really looking forward to that. 

Because my time right now is nearly completely consumed by my work and the needs of my family I've precious little time for friendships, at least in the traditional sense -  of going to see friends, or having them over to my place, the way it was in years past. Like many people my face-to-face friendships have been replaced by "virtual" friendships, owing to circumstance... and although I have only met two people face to face out of everyone who posts here, I have come to rely on and look forward to my new friends' thoughts and comments, and the feedback and support they offer me. Just because these friends may live hundreds or thousands of miles away from me doesn't diminish how important they are to me. Toad was one of these friends, and today I am struck by how much his corespondence - his life - meant to me. I was not prepared for the level of emotion or the sense of loss I am feeling.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 7:38pm
Yes, Mixey! I think so...
Toad would want us to laugh.

I was just on the phone with Jess.
She called me hearing the news about Toad.
We were talking about how so very often,
through the very serious topics being discussed, we would always break aside for some "freakin Toad laughter"
about that topic, with Toad.

... stuff like...

"Toad...did someone say "Lamb"...

Originally posted by Gene_Leone_Mix Gene_Leone_Mix wrote:

Toad said:

:...More proof that Washington is bent on destroying
this nation from the inside out..."

Toad, Yes more and more, this seems to be the exact case...

Time to re-boot the hard drive...

but wait... that reminds me of this way more fun solution!!! *LOL*

~Geno

Toad's World

So many great memories of laughter with Toad!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 7:59pm
Jeff!!! We were posting at the same time...

Incredibly well said...

None of this, not one bit of this... 'dealing with the fact that Toad is actually gone' ...is in any way, easy to fathom.

I keep thinking about it being reality, and then, saying NO! ...out loud.

It's been an emotional rollercoaster all day, and I am very glad that we talked early this morning.   "Ahhh this all can't be really happening" keeps hitting me... but indeed, it IS really happening... and it is good that we are all here to share these thoughts and feelings as they happen... good, bad, happy and sad...
Damn, Toad... We miss Ya, Brother!

~Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 8:47pm
Documenting the Toad Memories
Screen Grabs of...

Toad's MySpace Page

...more to come...

Rest in Peace, Toad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 10:36pm
http://www.soulfulplanet.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1181&KW=Cobra

Toad made cars too. He "hand made" this one,
and when he went to sell it,
the broker made this video of Toad's Cobra...

Originally posted by Gene_Leone_Mix Gene_Leone_Mix wrote:

Toad can explain this one, because

This is THE COBRA that TOAD built:

In an email, Toad wrote:
~~~~~~~
Hi,
          I thought you'all might want to see a little video showing my Ex-Cobra
in action. I didn't approve of this test ride, but the broker that sold my care took
it upon himself to do it behind my back. Looking back, It's the only film of the
car being driven that I have. After over seven years of labor building it I still
have fun showing it off..even though it now has a new owner. It got about
5 miles to the gallon, so it wasn't exactly a "green" car, but it gave me a thrill
everytime I took it out. Hope you enjoy this little blurb.
      " Do ya feel the need for speed?"
toad

~~~~~~~
*LoL* — Crank up the Sub Woofers, and Check this out!

— WOW!!! —

I wrote back to Toad:
Toad! I just watched this video here in the Studio, and cranked it up LOUD in the Monitors... Wow!!!
Awesome car YOU built, and with the Sub-Audio Wooferage to go with it in a major way!!!!
Outstanding Craftsmanship, from "The Department of Toad Kick's Ass When He Builds Stuff!"    *LoL* ~BigSmiles, Geno

TOAD, YOU ROCK!!!

P.S: The YouTube Description is as follows:

—This is one of the finest Cobras I have seen!!!! This 2005 Midstates Cobra features only 2,487 miles, Ford Motorsports SVO 514 cubic inch + .030 over bore for a overall 521 cubic inches, Tony Branda custom Cobra aluminum 8 quart front sump, Weiand heavy duty aluminum water pump. [fully polished], Trick flow Cobra Jet heads, Crane GOLD Roller rockers with Crane Fast Bleed valve Lifters, M-6250-A443 SVO Ford racing camshaft, Mallory Uni-lite distributor, The induction System is by Inglese [4 ] 2 barrel Weber Carburetors [48 IDF version] /With custom made Inglese Intake manifold, Custom assembled exhaust headers with Jet-Hot ceramic coating, All tubular polished stainless steel Mustang II front suspension Fully polished 4 piston all aluminum AeroSpace Components front brakes, Mustang II rack and pinion steering, All chrome Lincoln 9 rear housing. Iron third member. 28 spline axles. Detroit Locker differential. 4:11 Richmond ring and pinion. Chrome Aldan coil-over shocks, Fully polished 4 piston all aluminum AeroSpace Components rear brakes, Round tube all steel. Mustang II front suspension, Ford C-6 automatic, Body and most trim from Midstates Classic Cars & Parts, Heater and defroster system installed. Body completely filled in, blocked, sealed, Aluminum engine oil cooler, dual oil filters with braided stainless delivery lines and fittings. All stainless Brake and fuel lines throughout, Custom Radiator from Brassworks, Alpine AM/FM receiver w/6 C.D., Trunk mounted Infinity Basslink 200 watt powered subwoofer, Custom tonneau and much more!!! Really too many options to list! Call Ron at 248-888-xxxx for more details —

Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 11:16pm
Judi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2012 at 11:56pm
I've known Toad since high school - we even attended the prom together.  I have learned so much about music, politics, and life from him and he will be in my heart forever.  There is one thing I am positive about and that is he will somehow get in his vote for Ron Paul!!! Broken%20Heart
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 12:18am
Mark...

Thank you very much for coming over. This thread is a much needed comfort for me and everyone else here. I appreciate you sharing your experiences with our dear friend.

It's very significant to me that Toad's voice will live on through the instruments he crafted. Thank you for your recount with the Funks on the day Toad gave them their guitars. I'd love to see those pictures.

When someone has such a giving nature, the responsibility to do something with those gifts is so important to assume; and I know that everyone who has been in receipt of his art and his words will remember him in kind. That's especially why nothing gets deleted here on Soulful Planet. People are valuable. I love that I can go around and relive our interactions with everyone here. Toad... you're words will live on here forever.

I feel much richer for having known our Toad. I know we all feel the same; and even though this is a tearful, somber time, we can still laugh uncontrollably too, remembering the "all cosmic" insanity that would leave us all in stitches. It's been a crazy, emotional, pendulum swing of a day. I don't know if I'm coming or going, if he's here or gone.

Mixey
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 12:35am
Judi...

It's nice to meet you. How cool that you've known him all of these years! I can just imagine Toad at the prom. OMG! I saw some pictures of him from back then once. Very handsome man! Those eyes...

Yes... we sure know that Toad was for Ron Paul! In our "Town Hall", the debates we have had reveal a world of differing ideas and opinions. Toad started a thread called The Republican Field for 2012...

We have agreed to disagree and agree in a manner that's been spirited and respectful; and Toad will be missed so much it's hard to imagine the place without him. He would have been so happy that Ron Paul came in 2nd in New Hampshire. Like all of us, we're missing the interaction with him!

Thanks again.
Much Love to you.

Mixey
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 2:04am
You're putting up an awesome tribute Geno!

Thank you so much.   

Mixey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic