Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ~ Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Volcanos, Mayhem, etc! ~
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

~ Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Volcanos, Mayhem, etc! ~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 6:55am
APRIL 15th 2010
Wow, it's a busy day for Planet Earth today!

in China...
Death Toll from Chinese Earthquake Rises Above 600
Voice of America - ‎14 minutes ago‎
Photo: AP Emergency workers in western China are struggling against freezing cold in the search for more survivors of this week's powerful earthquake that killed at least 617 people and left thousands homeless...

~~~~~
in Wisconsin...

Meteor shower causes 'massive' fireball, officials believe

Appleton Post Crescent - John Lee - ‎17 minutes ago‎
"Officials think a meteor shower with an unusually large area was the cause of a huge fireball in the sky that was visible from Wisconsin and at least five other states late Wednesday..."

and see it here too:
www.aos.wisc.edu/fireball/2010_04_14_fireball_loop_1

~~~~
in The UK...
Britain Closes Airspace as Volcanic Ash Spreads
New York Times - Julia Werdigier, Nicola Clark - ‎27 minutes ago‎
"An aerial photo shows smoke rising from the volcano under a glacier in the Eyjafjallajokull region of Iceland on Wednesday. By JULIA WERDIGIER and NICOLA CLARK LONDON - British civil aviation authorities ordered the closure of the country's airspace as ..."

~~~
and on the West Coast of the US...
2378 Earthquakes listed on this map alone THIS WEEK!
(California, Nevada & Portions of Mexico 4/15/2010)

~~~
and, in the US... Oh Joy, Happy Tax Day, too.
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 10:18am
        It looks like Shake,Rattle and Roll down
 in Mixey's neck of the woods. Yikes !

toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 11:04am
Wow... this year must be one for the record books. Seems like it, anyway.
Jeff
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 11:21am
Jeff & Toad...
It is strange, isn't it...
plus let's add in all of the recent record rains, record snows,
plus all the crap going on all around the globe
makes Ya wonder sometimes.

And oh yeah... more "fireballs' expected Friday night in the skies.
and wow back on the ground look at this animation of the recent quakes in California/Nevada/Baja:

Click "Start Animation":
__

wow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 10:13am
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 11:39am
          Call me crazy,but I don't want to fly
 through a sand-blaster cloud ! I know what ash/sand
 does to engines. Where's the Titanic, now that we
  could use it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 8:25am
— Thousands flee volcanic eruptions in South America —

BBC: Thousands flee volcanic eruptions

11:31 GMT, Saturday, 29 May 2010 12:31 UK

"Thousands of people have been forced to flee their homes as two volcanoes erupted in Guatemala and Ecuador. In Guatemala, the Pacaya volcano began spewing lava, rocks and debris on Thursday, killing at least two people and injuring more than 50 others..."

and pictures from BBC, here:

_
- news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/latin_america -

and some Volcano FYI:

These are all
"naturally occurring"
events,
but, damn,
it sure
"seems like"
Our Dear Mother Earth
is getting
mighty agitated & pissed off
for some reason.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 1:24pm

~ Volcano Time Lapse - Looking Back from 1979 to 2010 ~

NASAexplorer — May 18, 2010 — Thirty years ago, on May 18, 1980, Mount St. Helens roared back into major activity with a massive eruption that leveled surrounding forest, blasted away over a thousand feet of the mountain's summit, and claimed 57 human lives.

This short video shows the catastrophic eruption - and the amazing recovery of the surrounding ecosystem - through the eyes of the Landsat satellites, which have been imaging our planet for almost forty years.

See the images and read more, visit NASA's "World of Change" site:
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 12:34pm
         I'm curious to hear about the recent quake
 near San Diago from Mixey. It was a pretty big quake,
 and very close to her.
       Everytime I hear about these quakes being so close
 to where she calls home, I get more freeked out about
 the situation. I can't imagine what it must be like
 living in a quake zone..with nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. Shocked

toad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 1:49pm
Hi Toad!

I checked it out, too, right after it happened yesterday...
I spoke to Mixey a few hours just before this yesterday.

__
••• http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqscanv/•••

and the

USGS 'Who Felt What Where When' Shake Intensity Map...
__
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/ci/14745580/us/index.html (((Click here)))

Tuesday 4:11PM Eastern UPDATE!!!
*LOL* Toad, I just spoke to Mixey.
She said: "Yes, I felt it" and "there was no damage".

All is well on the SoulfulPlanet Western Front... at least at this nano-second.
*LoL* (((and MIXEY, go back to Your nap!))) *LoL*
~BigSmiles,
Genoooooooooo

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2010 at 11:08pm
I was in Oceanside when the 5.7 quake (aftershock) hit Ocotillo at around 9:30 PM.

Ocotillo has been getting hit with a lot of aftershocks since April. It's a lightly populated desert town that's about 120 miles southeast from me.

Basically, the chandeliers swayed a little and I went back to sleep. lol

Thanks again Gene. It was fun talking with you.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 1:20pm
Ok... This Is Very Interesting!!!

"...The Earth is actually growing."

...Like an expanding beach ball.
Awesome way to look at this... !
Your Thoughts on this one?
~Thanks,
Gene

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 5:01pm
           Geno !
     Just when the "experts" think they have things figured out, somebody steps up and makes a huge discovery. WOW !   I am now wondering what the
"Climate change" people will think of this information.
     It kinda explains why a big chunk of Anartica ice
 broke away from the landmass down there.
       Far out information !!! Thumbs%20Up

toad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 8:53am
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 7:43am
OMG! I just posted on the other thread about the dead fish and birds in AR, thinking it might be earthquake related.

I guess we're thinking along the same lines Geno.

Hope I'm wrong.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 8:26am
~~~~Hi Mixey!

Yes, these stories have been capturing my interest, with respect to methane and or radon releases from the Earth etc...
and yet, as bizzare as it all sounds with the media hype factors added in, it appears to actually be "quite normal"... go figure! Something smells fishy here.

Why Are Birds Falling From the Sky?
The ground truth about this week's bird deaths in Arkansas and elsewhere. (National Geographic)

"... At any given time there are "at least ten billion birds in North America ... and there could be as much as 20 billion—and almost half die each year due to natural causes," said ornithologist Greg Butcher, director of bird conservation for the National Audubon Society in Washington, D.C.

But what causes dead birds to fall from the sky en masse? The Arkansas case points to two common culprits: loud noises and crashes. ... ..."

~~~~

Yes... but also very interesting on the Radar from AR:

— Weather radar shows something unusual around time birds fell —

_
••• (To Watch Video, Click Here)•••

but wait... there's more:

"—Fracking the life out of Arkansas and beyond—"
January 5th, 2011   
By Rady Ananda
"...Jan. 7 UPDATE: Missing from this report is the information that the US military apparently drilled 500 deep wells in Central Arkansas to dispose of phosgene, a highly toxic gas that causes the respiratory system to explode. (As reported below, deep well drilling causes earthquakes.) According to the EU Times, Russia’s spy agency, GRU, reported that the US relocated 63,000 metric tons of phosgene from Iraq to the Arkansas' Pine Bluff Arsenal, the nation’s premier chemical and bio weapons lab. Some or most of this material was and continues to be relocated to Afghanistan. ... "

"A spokesperson for the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission "said the birds showed evidence of trauma in the breast tissue, with blood clots in the body cavity and a lot of internal bleeding. All major organs were normal."

"Bioweapons expert John Wheeler threatened to expose the operation and, according to GRU, was killed for it. ~ RA... ... ... "

~~~~~ Wait... what did that just say???? ~~~~

UPDATE:

And now...today. January 10th 2011... this story just gets even more bizzare!!!!!!!!!!!

"John Wheeler's Death/ Bird Kills Linked?"
January 9th, 2011 10:33 pm ET
The death of a former Bush official has largely gone unnoticed by the media and world in general. John P. Wheeler III, Special Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C. from 2005-2008, was found dead in a landfill on New Years Eve in Wilmington, DE.
more here

and...

~~~~~~~~~
Jeez! Is this all too wierd, or what???

(((I also added this post over in the "Colony Collapse Disorder" thread too.)))
~Geno

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 11:28am
As the... "very strange stuff", indeed!, continues....

Check This out!

— "Shift of Earth's magnetic north pole affects Tampa Airport" —

The Tampa Tribune
Published: January 5, 2011
Updated: 01/06/2011 08:31 am

— TAMPA - Scientists say the magnetic north pole is moving toward Russia and the fallout has reached -- of all places -- Tampa International Airport.

The airport has closed its primary runway until Jan. 13 to repaint the numeric designators at each end and change taxiway signage to account for the shift in location of the Earth's magnetic north pole.

The closure of the west parallel runway will result in more activity on the east parallel runway and more noise for residential areas of South Tampa.

The busiest runway will be re-designated 19R/1L on aviation charts. It's been 18R/36L, indicating its alignment along the 180-degree approach from the north and the 360-degree approach from the south." ... ...

— "Shift of Earth's magnetic north pole affects Tampa Airport" —(Read More & Reference Links (click here)

Could The Rapid Dancing Away of True Magenetic North to Russia be responsible for stuff like this...

Overeating and indigestion blamed for 1,000 turtle doves falling dead in Italy with strange blue stain on their beaks

By NICK PISA
Last updated at 5:05 PM on 11th January 2011

" • Blue stain believed to be sign of poisoning or hypoxia - lack of oxygen that is precursor to altitude sickness
• Cold weather and overbreeding blamed for deaths of two 2million fish in Chesapeake Bay
• Disease behind deaths of 100,000 fish in Arkansas River
• At least nine incidents of mass animal deaths across the globe
• Hundreds of confused birds plummeted to their deaths in multiple locations in the U.S.
• Rapid movement of Magnetic North Pole towards Russia may have caused bird deaths
• Thousands of dead turtle doves that rained down on roofs and cars in an Italian town were victims of their on greed, an expert claimed today.
• Residents in Faenza described the birds falling to the ground like 'little Christmas balls' with strange blue stains on their beaks.
• Last night it emerged that 40 turtle doves had also been found dead at San Cesario near Modena, 60 miles from Faenza, and tests were also being carried out on their bodies. ... ... "

also... just last week...

"These include:
"• 450 red-winged blackbirds, brown-headed cowbirds, grackles and starlings found littering a highway in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
• 3,000 blackbirds on roofs and roads in the small town of Beebe, Arkansas
• Thousands of 'devil crabs' washed up along the Kent coast near Thanet
• Thousands of drum fish washed along a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River
• Two million small fish in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
• Thousands of dead fish found floating in warm Florida creek
• Hundreds of snapper fish found dead in New Zealand
• Scores of American Coots found dead on Texas highway bridge ... ..."

Read More Here from www.dailymail.co.uk

Makes you think a little about the big picture of what gets affected next, doesn't it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 9:21am

Ok, remember this line?

"So like... What's Your Sign?"

Well, ... as the Magentic Core of the Earth changes
right beneath out feet...
I'll bet YOU might not even know that
YOUR OLD "Sign" has been changed
to a NEW SIGN!
Please make a note of it.

Look at this:

—(click to watch the video)—

~Wow!!!

— NEW ZODIAC SIGN CHART —

Capricorn
January 20- to February 16

Aquarius
February 16 to March 11

Pisces
March 11 to April 18.

Aries
April 18 to May 13

Taurus
May 13 to June 21.

Gemini
June 21 to July 20

Cancer
July 20 to August 10

Leo
August 10 to September 16

Virgo
September 16 to October 30

Libra
October 30 to November 23

Scorpio
November 23 to November 29

Ophiuchus
November 29 to December 17

Sagittarius
December 17 to January 20

Chart from
— www.myfoxtwincities.com —

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 12:38am
Yikes!!! i was on my way to bed and just heard about this...

...moments ago...

Major tsunami damage in northern Japan
after 8.9 magnitude earthquake

"Japan was struck by a magnitude-8.9 earthquake off its northeastern coast on Friday, triggering a 13-foot tsunami that washed away cars and tore away buildings along the coast near the epicentre...."
Major tsunami damage in northern Japan after 8.9 magnitude earthquake

also... News about Japan happening right now, at 2:41am Eastern

Major tsunami damage in northern Japan after 8.9 magnitude earthquake

In various locations along Japan's coast, TV footage showed severe flooding, with dozens of cars, boats and even buildings being carried along by waters. A large ship swept away by the tsunami rammed directly into a breakwater in Kesennuma city in Miyagi prefecture, according to footage on public broadcaster NHK.
Officials were trying to assess possible damage from the quake but had no immediate details.
The quake that struck 2:46 p.m. local time was followed by a series of aftershocks, including a 7.4-magnitude one about 30 minutes later. The US Geological Survey upgraded the strength of the first quake to a magnitude 8.9.
The meteorological agency issued a tsunami warning for the entire Pacific coast of Japan. National broadcaster NHK was warning those near the coast to get to safer ground.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii said a tsunami warning was in effect for Japan, Russia, Marcus Island and the Northern Marianas. A tsunami watch has been issued for Guam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Indonesia and the U.S. state of Hawaii.

and...

USGS.GOV - Magnitude 8.9 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
2011 March 11 05:46:23 UTC

and... www.CNN.com

...turn on the news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKh-QaeT6rc&feature=player_embedded

and the Tsunami...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 9:17am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic