Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Music Meccas > DETROIT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

detroit public TV. hawking "The Clash"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: detroit public TV. hawking "The Clash"
    Posted: Mar 20 2008 at 2:52pm
I must be getting old cuz I never thought I`d see that..:)

"nuver brit band"
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2008 at 5:57am
Hey I like the Clash

Never thought I'd see the day when punk rock would be discussed in Soulful Planet.
Sue W. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 7:09am
It's a sign of the times...Clash fans are of an age where they have disposable income, to cut a check to public television.

Love the Clash. They loved American R&B. They had Lee Dorsey ("Working In a Coal Mine," "Ya Ya") open for them on one tour...I interviewed Joe Strummer on their Detroit stop.
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 7:20am

The Clash doing "London Calling".

The title track from one of the best LP's ever made!!!
lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2008 at 1:17pm
I don`t think Punk really existed........they all took the money.lol.

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 1:46am
MickeyMac...

Soulful Planet is for all kinds of music!!  Soul Music is our base... and relates to everything else.

Yes Sue... The Clash was way into soul/r&b... and I like PBS too... lol

My interest is all over the place.  I could talk about The Pixies for quite awhile... highly under-estimated generally in terms of their influence.

Mixey

ps Linz... I think you're right... LOL

lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 3:30am
"I could talk about The Pixies for quite awhile...'

Mixey

Ya know it took a prompt from David Bowie to get me to listen to The Pixies..........and I love Cactus .....I love that sexual tension least thats how my mind reads it. . I saw The Pixies At the Fox Theatre in Detroit...........wow so loud beat Oasis by a long chalk.

MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 7:11am
Oh man I love the Pixies.

Talk about a band that was on it.

I tell people screw Nirvana, go to the Pixies. Unlike Nirvana they actually had something to say. Try doing what the Pixies did in Ohio around 1988.
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 7:15am

I really like this one!!!
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 7:20am

More Pixies live singing "Gigantic" from the [ISurfer Rosa]LP
Sue W. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 9:09am
I got to see the Clash play an outside concert, May Day, I think it might have been '79, in London. Good times...!
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Sue W. Sue W. wrote:

I got to see the Clash play an outside concert, May Day, I think it might have been '79, in London. Good times...!

Good times lol

Sue thats what we say on this other message board I go to lol
Sue W. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 9:31am
Mickey,

I think I've picked that phrase up from a younger co-worker...! Darn kids...I will try not to call both men and women "dude" as he does...that's definitely a younger person's turn of phrase.

MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2008 at 9:44am
The brothers were the first to used the term "dude". Now I hear it all the time lol
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2008 at 6:25am
I really enjoyed those Pixies videos MickeyMac!! 

Nirvana and a lot of other bands were wildly influenced by the Pixies... also The Melvins... and The Wipers... anythimg Greg Sage.

Everything out here in Southern CA is dude-ical for sure Sue and MM. 

Sorry Linz... sort of got off The Clash.

Mixey
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2008 at 6:52am
Thats ok The Clash and the Pixies are probably two of the best bands to emerge from 1977-88.
yasdnil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasdnil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2012 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Sue W. Sue W. wrote:

I think I was there I smoked to much and even fell asleep at a Bob Marley show.......Crystal Palace bowl. I think we are lucky too have experienced so much good music at the right time........Radiohead were great just recently and I wait for MDNA..........So few new bands sound original.
Becoming human.
yasdnil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasdnil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by MickeyMac MickeyMac wrote:

Thats ok The Clash and the Pixies are probably two of the best bands to emerge from 1977-88.

I agree but there were some fine bands in the UK at that time.

Becoming human.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic