Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > Feeling The View
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DANCING WITH THE STARS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DANCING WITH THE STARS
    Posted: May 18 2011 at 2:59am
Ok...

This coming week is the final show.

Who's going to win it this time?

Scientology, Football or Disney?

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 8:27am
Mixey, *LoL*

Thank goodness I ditched regular "Crap TV" from being a useless part of my daily life.

"Scientology, Football or Disney?"
I guess "Any of the above" to keep us from dealing with anything real ...
...like being able to earn a living in 2011,
...or radiation in the rain drops.

Listen to what this guy has to say...
about "Dancing With The Stars"
-vs-
stuff like this, right from the "news" that
we're NOT getting on "TV"... burried headlines,
unless you dig for them...
and then BLAM... it's right there...
Fukushima Radiation News in Google
frightening!

Mimi from FB sent me a link to this video radiation update (above)...
and I said...
"Yikes!... I guess they want us to all go back to living in caves watching the stupid TV boobtube like nothing happened... this REALLy SUCKS!

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 2:00pm
Hi Geno,

Here's my take on it...

This is the RADURA symbol that denotes which of our foods have been bombarded with radiation in order for XYZ companies around the world to not have to work so hard to insure that our food looks like food longer... not that it really is food... just looks like it... and we pay more for it.

It's been going on for years and years... DNA altering of the planet... radiation poisoning of the population... electromagnetic pollution... chemical pollution... on and on.

We can all pay attention to the obvious total horror that's going on in Japan, and buy meters and plot graphs of our daily exposure to radiation, and get pissed off as our thyroids rot... Or we can mobilize the world and GET RID OF DANGEROUS SOURCES OF RADIATION.

We can all by tons of medical devices to make sure that our bodily functions are working within a prescribed range of efficiency and if not, we can buy tons of drugs to make sure that just looking at the numbers won't make us sick... Or we can mobilize the world and make the medical profession look at THE WHOLE PERSON, while HELPING us.

We can listen to our schools, that advise us that teachers can't teach, unless our children are drugged... Or... we can mobilize the world and remove any teacher who DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TEACH children.

Assuming we are all willing to mobilize the world, and willing to FIND SOLUTIONS TO OUR PROBLEMS, not just sip tea and coffee as a group, have meetings, holler and complain... then I have no objection to watching Dancing With The Stars or laughing at mindless TV.

I like watching Dancing With The Stars.

I laugh about how the thing is rigged sometimes and sometimes not. I like looking at the dancing... who has gotten better... how the people inter-relate... how the choreography works sometimes and sometimes not... how sometimes the music works and sometimes not... how the judges agree or don't agree with what I'm thinking... how the costumes look in whatever lighting... blah blah blah.

If an asteroid is headed our way, I'd like to know about it. If I can't mobilize the world, I'm going to have a good time fucking my brains out... and even if I can mobilize the world, fucking my brains out during the mobilization, might help the process anyway.

EDUCATION is a very good thing! Watching videos about what is going on in our world, is an exceptionally good thing to do; and it's fantastic as a group here on Soulful Planet, that we help educate each other and support our differing viewpoints!

As we're doing that... I suggest that we also give ourselves permission to enjoy some diversionary stuff; whatever that might be.

Some people holler at ball games until they're flat out... Some people clean the house until there's nothing else to do but vacuum the lawn... Some people talk about the past incessantly, as though it can be re-written... Some people watch shows like Dancing With The Stars or American Idol... or "reality shows", blah blah blah... Cops... Lawyers... Missing this and that... Hoarding shit... the all men are pigs channel for women... old ass buildings in the desert and how they used to be really big batteries 5,000 years ago... eating wars... losing weight wars... making money wars... every friggin battle we've ever fought wars... comics... sci fi... and the all so necessary scare your brains out movies... and my personal favorite... men who never die and are readily available to hypnotize me and suck the blood out of my neck.

Escape the world for an hour or 2 of mindless TV or whatever.

I'm fine with that!

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 12:03pm
MIXEY!!!

Excellent post!!! Well written and I agree with You...

"Escape the world for an hour or 2 of mindless TV or whatever.
I'm fine with that!"

No problem with that at all. I guess i should have been a bit clearer about what I meant... I guess it's that "un-leveled playing field" balance gate keeper thing again... that gets me nuts when tv just jams reality tv stuff all the time because it's way cheaper to produce than the higher quality documentary produced "creative talent stuff", so anything like that gets the boot for the quick ad $$$ grab ROI.

Understandable, but jeez, can we have some programming balance between quality and fluff... somewhere in TV land? *lol*

... oh that's right, cableTv did that... but it'll cost Ya extra big $$$ for those extra "expensive" higher tiers, also with commercials. *lol*
Interesting gate keeper design that works well in their favor, no doubt.

Something about that 'balance' bugs me.

I guess because it all used to be broadcast "free" right over the air, with commercials paying for the entire production and transmission, be it quality or fluff programming.

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 9:21pm
I totally agree Geno.

There should be so many more options to entertain and educate each other more freely.

...and I too am tired of agenda TV.

I don't mind commercials in the middle of programs like in the past, because it's true that there are operating expenses; and people need to be supported for their creativity too... but the there's too much greed in this area now, coming from drug companies, etc. It's not right to continually bombard people with this stuff.

People look at TV to relax themselves. TV is a natural drug... but no... drug companies want to put the fear of impending medical doom on people, while they are trying to relax.

I see how these commercials are possibly affecting my mother, who's concerned at 85 years old that she might end up having a stroke or heart attack or cancer or whatever. That's all these friggin drug companies talk about duing the commercial breaks.

It makes me want to play in traffic, because I know these commercials are most likely affecting my mom, which not only makes her life uneasy, it can end up being up to me to make her feel better in the aftermath, which could take place days down the road. Her feeling uneasy, causes me to feel responsible to help her out of her unrest.

We enjoy watching TV together. I wish this other imposed greedy bullshit wasn't being imposed on the both of us.

If they're not pushing drugs, they're pushing death insurance or funeral arrangements or cancer treatment centers or pictures of hurting animals and starving children that we should all be sending $$$ to... and then in between, there are popups that obscure scenes in the movie we're trying to watch... wtf!

Sometimes I make huge jokes about this stuff, because it really is insanity... but sometimes I just plain get annoyed, and turn off the TV.

It would be great if mindless TV could just be mindless TV.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 11:21am
So The Church of Football won yesterday.
I thought Hines Ward did good work as a dancer... and I admire his ability to push through the competition... especially his partner's commitment too, with the neck injury she sustained. Hines is a likable guy; and I'm not sad that he won. His win seemed well deserved, even with the football mania behind him too.

Scientology came in second.
Kirstie Alley is probably the most natural dancer of anyone on the show. She had focus issues that seemed to hit her after she had a fall. From that point on, she was too focused on the floor, and her balance was off, and her timing too slow; but if everything could be taken into account... re age & pretty drastic weight change, I think she's amazing! She and her partner made a good team. Incredible that he knew how to compliment her both physically and mentally. I would have given her 3rd place, though... not 2nd.

The person who did the best dancing, IMO came in 3rd.
Chelsea Kane was relatively an unknown Disney kid coming into the competition. She seems like a genuinely sweet girl, who had this whole game in perspective from the beginning... not like Brandy from the last show, who was freaked out over Bristol Paylin's Republican voters fan base, which caused Brandy to have to leave before her time.

Poor Brandy was miles ahead of Bristol's "dancing" OMG. But there was no surprise over why Bristol stayed longer in the competition. If Bristol had won the whole competition instead of Jennifer Gray, however, I think there would have had to have been a WWIII and the show shut down for being too worthless.

Anyway, I think Chelsea did the best actual dancing of all of them in her group. She took risks, etc. Apart from the fact that her body isn't the most flexible and she's very inexperienced in how to be a part of the lifting process, her moves were very good, especially next to her whiplashing, hairpin spinning partner, who wasn't that easy to dance with all of the time, IMO.

I like that enough people voted for Chelsea to keep her in there. I wasn't one of them. I didn't vote for anyone. That is pretty telling in a way. I just figured she couldn't win because not enough people could push past the fanaticism of football or religion. So my apathy about it, caused me not to vote.

If the voting had consequences for my survival somehow attached, maybe I'd re-think that apathy and vote anyway... but I should have voted for this stupid TV show too. I wasn't too nice to sit there and enjoy the show, and not be a part of doing something nice to help the underdog. I'll make a change on that next time if I watch... and vote regardless.

Mixey

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2012 at 8:26pm
Season 14 has started, and I know that for a lot of you, you could care less, but for me... I enjoy it.

I enjoy looking at a 2 second clip of someone I've never seen dance, and enjoy validating myself by how well I'm able to know a person's movement ups and downs so quickly.

I love seeing how people can progress so much in such a short amount of time, and how the contestants are amazingly able to be so far out of their comfort zone, yet perform so well under pressure.

The new contestant teams for season 14 are:

Team Driving Miss Peta
Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd

Team Gavin
Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff

Team Gladys Knight
Gladys Knight & Tristan MacManus

Team Wagannbuns
Jack Warner & Anna Trebunskaya

Team Jaleel
Jaleel & Kym Johnson

Team KMark
Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas

Team Menough
Maria Menounos & Derek Hough

Team Sweetspot
Martina Navratilova & Tony Dovolani

Team MGMC
Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Team Rochee
Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower

Team SherVal
Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy

Team William Levy
William Levy & Cheryl Burke

Gladys Knight... we all know who she is!!... is the oldest contestant. She did extremely well, but she's locked up through her mid section at this time... for good reason. Just like the rest... 1st dance of the season jitters. Also, as the weeks move on, and she loses some of her weight and tones her core, she's going to surprise a whole lot of people, IMO. She's a natural, who's wrapped up in the middle right now. Just wait until that middle is released!! I LOVE her cheering section!!!

Donald Driver, Green Bay Packers star, is a spinning machine. He's got a very good center, and a very sweet way about him when he dances. I'll be interested to see how he progresses. I love looking at the faces of his children, especially his little son. He's so smart and expressive!

Jack Warner, long time heartthrob soap star... got higher marks than I would have thought. I wasn't all that knocked out. I think that his personality pulled him through more than the actual dance, but I also respect that he had to do a lot to get it where he got it. He'll be interesting to watch too.

Jaleel White, Urkle on Family Matters back in the day... really does look reminicent of Gregory Hines. I thought that immediately, before he even started; but that's really more about his eyes than his dancing. We're talking 2 VERY different bodies and styles. When I heard 2 of the judges making reference to that similarity, I got the feeling that they are either giving him a hint, or there's going to be an upcoming movie about Gregory Hines in the bag for Jaleel, playing him, and thereby kick starting his acting career back up. Once you're connected with a character like Urkle, it's probably pretty difficult to move on, even as an adult. I hope this show helps him this way. I think it will... and... he's a good dancer.

The one who has the most natural ability to me is the opera singer... Katherine Jenkins. This woman emotes easily from all parts of her body and carries her motions all the way through and out. It's a completed communication, when you watch her, with lovely and fine detail. I would not be surprised if she wins this season, but hardly anyone knows her in this country... so we'll see.

Martina Navratilova looked like Glen Close, with all of her sparkle and makeup and hair. What a transformation... and Martina is describing it as "a role". She did quite well. I didn't know she's a breast cancer survivor too. Congratulations to her. I wonder how it feels though, being a lesbian, and having people compliment you on being someone you're not... as though beauty for a woman, can only be measured by a heterosexual standard.

Sherri Shepherd from The View, was a shocker. She did VERY well, and she lit up the room with her smile. What a personality! Again... as she loses weight, I think she's going to improve greatly... and she's got a good rapport to say the least with her partner. lol I love her humor!!!

Melissa Gilbert, Little House on the Prairie... back in the day... was a bit lack luster, and they tried to disguise what was going on with her bottom half, via flapper stuff flying around, which wasn't necessary, IMO. She did fine for a first dance. She needs to become less embarrassed and just go for it.

Disney star Roshon Fegan, is the youngest contestant. He's a very sweet, affable young actor, with a hip hop background. He's got a great attitude, and has realized early on, that he's going to have to work hard for this. Being in hip hop and familiar with body motion already, has caused him to understand that he's going to have to retrain himself to do other kinds of dances. He's already emptied his cup. Very smart.

Latin heartthrob, William Levy, could throw up on the dance floor and people will scream for him. He did a very nice dance, but he's a little flat footed at times and his arms are heavy in proportion to the rest of him, so he's going to have to work on his lines a lot. He was clearly nervous, which I can certainly understand, especially with that fan base there. He doesn't want to blow what he's already got, yet I know he's striving for more recognition of who he is in this country. VERY handsome man, who has a genuinely nice personality.

Gavin DeGraw, pop singer/piano... is an interesting contestant, because he's the typical example of a guy who was always playing music at the dance... and not doing the dancing. He's VERY outside his element. I applaud him for going on this show. He's not quite sure how to relate to the audience from the vantage point of a dancer; and he's not at all comfortable in the role of a dancer. I'm very interested to see what comes about with him. Very cool hat that he wore...

Maria Menounos, host of TV's Extras... was the first to perform this season. I don't have a good memory for recounting in a timeline, so I've gotten to her last here. lol She's got an absolutely killer body. This woman could wear anything and knock people's eyes out... but her dancing isn't all that great right now. I think she was really thinking she had it in the bag, because she'd accomplished so much in learning her dance... but the judges were not that impressed. She's going to have to work a whole lot harder to make things flow. She's not a natural, and she sort of looks like she's asking her partner for permission to move from one thing to the next at this point. We'll see how it goes from here.

I think that's everyone.

I'm so happy to be watching this new season with Mom. We weren't sure at the end of last season, if Mom was ever going to have her surgery, let alone make it through.

Day by day, things are looking up!

Cheers,

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 11:49am

Maggie likes the show. I watched bits of last week.

Katherine Jenkins was fantastic last week. She's going to be a frontrunner
all season and she just might take it all.

Jeff
s. p. a. t. View Drop Down
AdminTeam
AdminTeam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. p. a. t. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 2:17pm
I have to agree with you and Maggie on that, Jeff.

I hope she receives enough votes as the season progresses, and if she continues have enough performance points.

The political /competition part of the show is something I can do without. I just love to watch the dancing. I wonder why that other stuff has to be in there to make it "interesting"? I've wondered about this all of my life.

Mixey

S. P. A. T.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2012 at 12:00pm
"I wonder why that other stuff has to be in there to make it
"interesting"? I've wondered about this all of my life."

Sounds like a rhetorical question... LOL
But if you really are wondering, this is the answer: TV shows have to be
created with the "lowest common denominator" in mind ... the "mentally slow-
running zebras." In other words, the millions of audience members who
need to have artiface, politics and noise in a show in order for it to be "good."

This is an easy audience to produce for. This audience doesn't want art for art's sake.
They want Snookie. Jackass. Bad behavior. Stupid frathouse jokes. You get the picture.

Jeff
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2012 at 8:19pm
You're right Jeff. ... and I too am approaching the lowest common denominator, by asking the same question all of the time; but I can't seem to understand it.   

I forgot the show was on last night, and I almost missed the axation of Martina Navratilova. Last night she got the boot.

Who picked this "outfit" for her, and why???
Aren't the fashion people supposed to be experts? JEEZ!
She looked like some kind of chain mail warrior flapper.
They barely got it right on the first show.    
I felt sorry for her on this one!

I didn't see her performance, while wearing it. Maybe it made sense???

The 3 contestants who ended up in jeopardy, were Martina, and Gavin, the pop singer/musician, and Roshon, the Disney young guy. Roshon really did extremely well, and was probably second to the top in terms of performance scores. I guess he'll have to get his public relations team going ASAP!

Jaleel White (Urkle) is just now receiving bad press, because his ex & mother of their child is supposedly saying he's an abusive guy. If that's indeed true, it'll be interesting to see if Jaleel receives more votes instead of less because of it. The way I feel about the universe at the moment is that he could easily be viewed as more of a "winner" because of the abuse label... and a lot of women might already be lining up to drop their drawers and fall in love with him too. Anyway... I hope it's just a false rumor.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2012 at 5:31am
This past week was Motown Week on Dancing With The Stars.

Even though Gladys Knight has been voted off now, I think everyone was richer by having shared the space with her. She should be very proud of herself for what she devoted to her dance performances.

Here is the ballet performance from a young girl, who was orphaned in Africa. Sometimes when we feel hopeless, a story like this comes into our view. This is why I love this show.

This will give you an idea what the dancers this week had to deal with... dancing live to either Smokey Robinson , Martha Reeves   , or The Temptations   . ... and then there were the overly emphasized arched backs of certain professionally white dancers. OMG!

Anyone who was lucky enough to dance to Smokey, had an obvious advantage, although the judges didn't necessarily agree. The young kid Roshan, was criticized for over emphasizing his Rumba moves and they graded him second from the bottom. It's true, from a technical standpoint, but he was just taking direction. This wasn't fair, IMO. The audience loved his performance, and to me he brought to mind all of the innocence of that Motown time period.

Mixey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 6:58pm
Hi Mixey!

Thanks for posting these.
So this is what this show is all about, I get it now.

That last performance was very good.
Are these two still on the show or did they all get booted off by now?
~Geno
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 9:05pm
Geno...

They've all been booted off except 3. I'm not sure what's going to happen tonight.

The 3 left are:

William Levy...Very likable personality... Young Cuban model, sex symbol and actor, who has amassed a huge female following, who holler and clap and vote like crazy for him...

... but he's NOT a great DANCER... OMG! I have a hard time watching him. His moves are REALLY annoying.

The judges favor him however, which pisses me off. He's gained a lot of notoriety now in this country from the exposure, which I think is great... but I hope he doesn't win the mirror ball. It wouldn't be fair, IMO.

Donald Driver... Very likable personality... NFL star... OK dancer, mainly because his partner Peta is the best professional dancer there right now and she makes him look exceptional. Every time the 2 dance, the camera person gives the TV audience a look at Donald's beautiful wife, like maybe they're trying to catch her in a jealous moment. Thank goodness she's supportive and above all of that stupidity. He has a lot of fans... football and other. He's not the best dancer, however, so I hope he's not the one who walks away with the mirror ball.

Katherine Jenkins... Very likable personality... Opera singer from Wales, who was essentially unknown in this country before Dancing With The Stars. She's the best natural dancer there. Her professional partner Mark Ballas is a good dancer, but I don't think he's a good dancer for HER. He's all over the place, and his choreography doesn't really frame her attributes. I hope she's the winner of this season. Of all of them, she's miles ahead in terms of DANCE.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 9:08pm
OK... 1st dance is William Levy... OMG the judges gave him 3 10s for his cha cha... I'd like to throw up!

This is bullshit.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 9:14pm
Katherine Jenkins is up now.

Mixey

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 9:17pm
OK... already I'm pissed again.

She's got naturally exceptional lines... but her partner has her doing this bullfight stuff, wearing a HEAVY dress that confuses the eye with red bands on the bottom of all black, while her partner jumps all over the place. WTF

The judges say they loved it. I bet they don't give her all 10s though.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 9:21pm
OK... I was wrong, they gave her all 10s... Good Grief!

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 9:23pm
OK Donald Driver's coming up.

His partner is so incredible, that his dancing is worthwhile watching just to see how she fills in.

Mixey
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 9:25pm
She's totally amazing. She keeps him right where he should be by making him look like he's leading her!

Unreal!

Mixey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic