Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Town Hall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Bush - Corrupt To The Core!" OMG! Impeach?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2008 at 3:08pm
This just in, from this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!

Political News
— George McGovern Calls for Impeachment —
Atlanta,GA 1/06/2008 08:56 PM GMT

"George McGovern, former South Dakota Senator is urging America to impeach the President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney. Writing in an op-ed for the Washington Post, McGovern states that he has “belatedly and painfully concluded that the only honorable course for me is to urge the impeachment [of the president and the vice president].”

While McGovern admits that there is little support to institute the impeachment hearings, he says “Bush and Cheney are clearly guilty of numerous impeachable offenses.”

Accusing Bush and Cheney of repeatedly violating the Constitution, McGovern says they have lied to Americans several times and their conduct and policies have placed global opinions on the US at an all time low. “These are truly ‘high crimes and misdemeanors.’”

George McGovern Calls for Impeachment (continued here)

(wow!)

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 12:57am
Looks like George and I are in agreement.

I have days where I still can't believe that this bozo actually made it to the White House.

And I CANNOT stand listening to his sound bites on tv or radio ... the man can't even put together a coherent sentance. It's just embarrassing.

When all the offenses and misdeeds of the Bush administrations are finally brought to light years down the road, I wonder how all the people who voted for him will feel then. Because that day is coming.
Jeff
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 10:36am
I can't pretend to know everything that has happened in regards to Bush and Cheney.

. . . but I do know that the media is being suppressed.  I can realize this first hand. That's about the best thing I can trust. . . that which I experience first hand.

Anyone who suppresses the dissemination of truthful information. . . "for my benefit". . . or "out of respect". . . or because it's "Un American". . . isn't right, IMO. 

I wouldn't hire someone for my company, who would institute a policy of suppressing the truth. . . and I don't enjoy having someone in the role of Commander and Chief doing it either.

Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2008 at 3:30am
        Now that Bush & Company has caused the biggest national debt
in history, and the economy is on the brink of another great depression,
he is going to the money tree and handing the tax paying Americans a
few bucks to stimulate the economy. The poor, and folks on Social Security
will not see any of this money....We might save it rather than just blow it.
     Want to fund a war?...go to the money tree.
     Katrina disaster?...go to the money tree.
     Wall Street Bitching?.....go to the money tree.
     Middle class folks bitching?....go to the money tree.
     Recession worrys?....go to the money tree.
     Big Bank bail out needed?...go to the money tree.

I sure wish I HAD A MONEY TREE !!
toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 5:14am

935!!!

935 times...

Are we, as a nation, supposed to pretend that we were never hood winked by someone that we "elected?" as our leader?

Simple question. If someone of 'authority' lies, repeatedly... and as a result, many many people die... in the end, when the lies are proven to be lies... who should be held responsible for those lies?

Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - updated 48 minutes ago

So.... When does the trial begin?

935!!!

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 9:14am
        Until the American public starts paying attention to political
matters, and educate themselves to the issues facing them in the
short and long term by the actions of the leaders they elect to office,
 I can only say that they deserve what they get.
      If people are so stupid to vote for these liars, then they should not
have any problems with what they do.
       Remember, George Bush came right out of the gate lying to people,
and 4 years later the numb and dumb public send him back to the White House to continue to lie and decieve them. I wouldn't trust Bush to
pump my tank full of 20 cent a gallon fuel, and hand me the correct change.
      If people don't wake up soon, we won't have a nation to worry about.
  Public apathy, and stupidity never fail to amaze me. I think at this point,
if you want a barometer to judge a canidates worth, look at them like
they were trying to sell you an expensive used car. I think that plan
would work much better than the approach most dummys use.
    Electing the next President is serious. If you get it wrong, you could lose much. Eight dollar a gallon gas? Ten dollar a pound beef? Living
in a worthless home? Big decisions to make this time around.
toad
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2008 at 9:01am
video~ Fun on Fox ~   " Moron"
Click the Pic
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2008 at 2:29am

Funny. Sort of.

Jeff
lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2008 at 3:57pm
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2008 at 5:27pm
   Lindzay,
That is some heavy reading. Complex views and methods to control the masses. No room for the individual. I don't think praying is gonna fix things...Any Ideas?
lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2008 at 4:36am
Well there is no God or Gods...............Aliens do not exist...............we are here because we are....................If evil exists its because we accept evil as a means..........its useful.........Who is the more evil ? The man that takes another mans food or the man that takes it back ...............There is only one course. One world  ! Lets share it. Lets save it. Nature is fair.Its not "To be or not to be?".............its "To me or not to me?"

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2008 at 9:29am
~ More to ponder ~
Click the Pick
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2008 at 10:45am
Originally posted by toad toad wrote:

Until the American public starts paying attention to political
matters, and educate themselves to the issues facing them in the

short and long term by the actions of the leaders they elect to office,

I can only say that they deserve what they get.

If people are so stupid to vote for these liars, then they should not

have any problems with what they do.

Remember, George Bush came right out of the gate lying to people,

and 4 years later the numb and dumb public send him back to the White House to continue to lie and decieve them. I wouldn't trust Bush to

pump my tank full of 20 cent a gallon fuel, and hand me the correct change.

If people don't wake up soon, we won't have a nation to worry about.

Public apathy, and stupidity never fail to amaze me. I think at this point,

if you want a barometer to judge a canidates worth, look at them like

they were trying to sell you an expensive used car. I think that plan

would work much better than the approach most dummys use.

Electing the next President is serious. If you get it wrong, you could lose much. Eight dollar a gallon gas? Ten dollar a pound beef? Living

in a worthless home? Big decisions to make this time around.

toad

I agree

Unfortunatly people have gotten more comfortable and scared in this day and age. During the Vietnam era, there were massive demonstations against the war. It didnt stop the war but so many people were willing to go and made their voice be heard. Most people I know are against this war, but there arent any massive protest or strong anti war movements.

Secondly with the economy the way it is, most people are afriad to go out and demonstrate because they fear they may loose their job.

I think if he had more huge demonstartions and protest and if people in Washington saw how unhappy the average American really is, maybe they would be inclined to do something.
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2008 at 12:18pm
video ~ Give a listen to this ~
Click the Pic
MickeyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickeyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2008 at 3:41pm

This is interesting. This is Little Steven's(formerly Miami Steve) take on the government.
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2008 at 3:00pm
video ~ Listen to Nader speak of Impeachment ~
Click the Pic                 Government out of control
                                             Representation???  Where? -Not in America!
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2008 at 9:58pm
Very interesting videos Toad and MickeyMac!!

Mixey
lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2008 at 11:44am

This has been done before.................stories about balls of fire falling from the sky.....................and the adoption of Christianity to unite the powers that rule. Yes its possible to hood wink the population. Its called creating an excuse for all evil; blame it on the boogie (anything foreign) the devil and create the savior..........radio ga ga!

So he could be telling the truth..............as I have said people are willing to believe the stupidest things...............just to be.

M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2008 at 7:51am
Wow Linz. . .

That article re Strauss / Plato is interesting! 

I'm not sure that I agree that there are only 3 types of people; but for the sake of the article I understand the point.  The model isn't leaving any room for crossover people like myself.

Whether one tends to think they have the map to the truth via religion or philosophy. . . it really doesn't matter in terms of the motivations of a ruler.  It's all a bit too arrogant, IMO. 

As soon as people find it appropriate to label and categorize, individual rights go flying out the door.

I think it's a myth that it's necessary for there to be a ruler in order to insure harmony.  This to me is paranoid. . . but what will happen if. . . type thinking.

I agree with what you said about nature Linz. 

Nature works; but nature can be cruel at any moment, so people have been striving for a way to extend the relief period for as long as it takes to live their lives.  

However, relief has turned into excess, and we've forgotten what it really takes to live a happy life; and have instead replaced basic freedoms with conditions of financial peril.

I feel that a steady dose of empowering the individual... ourselves and those around us... is what it takes to heal a sick world.  It removes fear.  Fear is the great underminer of freedom.

What's really wonderful about this idea is that everyone can easily do it. You don't have to live in a particular country, or have a minimum amount of wealth or educational level, etc. . . so apathy is gone immediately.

As long as a person is breathing, they have the capacity to feel self contained.  As soon a person really knows that they are themselves Confused they can reach out to others without the need to control.

In a small way, I'm trying to see how this works here on Soulful Planet.

Mixey
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 7:15pm

While everybody continues to stay distracted by the upcoming elections...
some are still keeping tabs on that person
who is still "in charge"
and still at the helm of
what is left of our country,
who is still steering us recklessly into the abyss...

Here's some sobering reality from a few months back,
and since Feb of 2008, it's actually gotten worse! (note gas prices)...

— The Bush Report Card —

- Bush’s Report Card…Looks Like Straight F’s -

"... mission accomplished, George!"

Chart posted by: jeremiasx on January 29, 2008 -
Views From Within

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic