Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Town Hall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Bush - Corrupt To The Core!" OMG! Impeach?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2007 at 1:36pm
Jeff,

You may be partially correct re the electoral college.  It's my understanding it was designed to even the playing field for heavily populated areas.  In other words, states with larger populations get more electoral votes than smaller states with fewer residents.

Every state has two senators in the U.S. Senate.  The number of Congressional respresentatives varies state by state based on population.  California has many more representatives than Maine, which only has two.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2007 at 2:22pm
What's the problem with just counting the damn votes right?

We supposedly regulate other countries with this... and we can't even get our own stuff right... computer "errors"... hanging chads... disgraceful... and when something doesn't make sense.... you know the rest.

The popular vote is the one that makes sense to me... you go vote and they count the vote. Who cares what the population is in the state you're in.

ALL of the voting rules and regulations should be the same in each state... and none of the bs about polls closing so that working people can't get there in more democratically populated areas, etc.... so sick of addressing the obvious!!!!!

Mixey
lindzay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindzay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2007 at 2:33pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportional_representation

nothing would get done but think of the discussion?  :)

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2007 at 2:41pm
Dream ...

Thanks for that info. I trust your interpretation more than mine because I think I read that you've worked in local or regional government, yes?

Don't think I remembered my lesson quite right...  *lol*  Embarrassed
Jeff
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2007 at 2:46pm
And Mixey, I agree with you on the voting bit! What's so hard about counting from zero on up?

We put men on the moon -  and we can't tally votes?  I don't THINK so ...

(More like, somebody doesn't WANT to do things that way.)

Jeff
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2007 at 3:03pm
Hi Jeff,

I worked for the federal & state government.  I worked for a U.S. Congressman who became Governor.  I've dabbled in presidential and local campaigns as well.

Mixey et all,  while I agree it would be better to go with the popular vote, you'll NEVER see the heavily populated states go along with eliminating the electoral college.  Imagine NewYork, California, Illinois, etc., giving up their electoral votes!!!  I don't think so.

Also, the states where they had problems with the ballots relied strictly on computerized ballots, i.e., Florida.  Every state should back those up with paper ballots - like my state of Maine does.
   We vote on paper ballots that are counted by computers.  So, if there are any disputed elections, the paper ballots are examined and re-counted by hand.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2007 at 3:35pm
Absolutely I agree with the need for a paper trail Dream. Out here in CA there were problems all over with the computers.

Lindzay that is a lot of information on Proportional Representation and how voting takes place in numerous other countries. Very interesting, but I'm going to have to read it over a couple of times so it can stick in my head before commenting. Thanks for posting that. It's always worthwhile looking at what others are doing.

Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2007 at 5:10pm
Click on the pic
LOL,
toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2007 at 5:16pm
If they had an electoral college in Iraq, they would probably vote
in the Bath party again, and we could start up a new war there and kick
their ass !!! Quick, somebody call George Bush....I think Dick might
want to hear this too !!!

toad
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2007 at 5:42pm
I wonder if this info from 2004 still stands today?

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 3:20pm
 More views ~ Whats next?
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 3:51pm
I'll come back over when I can see this. Stern%20Smile

Mixey
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 11:54am
 http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=8739&SectionName=&PlayMedia=Yes

This link will take you to a book review that includes a video.
The video is almost 40 minutes long, but it will explain George Bush's
plan to make the US, Canada, and Mexico a "North American Union"
similar to the European union. The Book is called "The Late Great USA"
     I would strongly urge everyone observing this site to watch this video.
If you think the middle class in America is under attack...You need to see this !!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
toad

P.S. If you cannot see the video, you may have to download
Realplayer onto your computer. It's worth the effort!
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 12:08pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21903753/

The link above is more evidence to impeach this guy.
toad
Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 5:22pm

In stead of seeing Bush pardon yet another turkey,
i want to hear George W. Bush recite these simple words
just before they DON'T PARDON HIM.

If two or more people collude
in some way in an a attempt to defraud
or mislead the government...
this act would be a felony.

~~~~

Former press aide blames Bush in CIA leak case
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:13pm EST

By JoAnne Allen - Reuters News

WASHINGTON, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan says in an upcoming book that he was misled by President George W. Bush and other high officials into misinforming the press about a CIA leak case that fueled debate about the Iraq war.

McClellan says he publicly exonerated former top White House aides Karl Rove and Lewis "Scooter" Libby because Bush had called on him to help restore his credibility after the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

"There was one problem. It was not true."...

Read the story here

~~~
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2007 at 12:14pm
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/News/PoliticsAndMoney.aspx

Creative accounting...Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse.   Click on the above link.
   Remember: Don't shoot the messenger !!

toad
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 11:20am
                      It Must be a sign of the times

Bill Clinton can come very very close to being impeached for the crime of
getting a little oral action from Monica Lewinski.....

George Bush and Cheney Lie to the people of America non-stop from the
time they entered the White house, and no one says anything for seven
years about impeaching them???  DUH !!!
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 5:27pm
Toad, it wouldn't happen even if it could. Even though a lot of rats have jumped ship, the Justice Department is still chock full of Bush appointees who have neutered the entire system. The Justice Department hasn't provided ONE IOTA of oversight on this administration from the very beginning. The fix isn't just "in" - it's WELDED in.

Anyway, there isn't a large enough majority in Congress to ram impeachment proceedings through.

And Democrats understand that politically, the time isn't right. If anything, it's way too late. Damage done.

And ironically, people don't have the stomach for this kind of political row right now ... go figure.

And there are so many stupid people out there who just don't believe it ... It will take years before the dimwitted and unbelieving fully understand the scope of the damage that has been done - the damage to our country's finances, our fractured global relationships, our endangered civil liberties, The demoralized and gutted FBI and CIA, and the utterly overstretched, underfunded, and horribly abused Military. The only ones who have made out like bandits - appropriate term - are Halliburton and it's subsidiaries, Carlyle Group, and every private corporation personally aligned with or supportive of the Bushies. You can take that to the bank - and THEY definitely have.

You and I, on the other hand, have been taking it somewhere else.

Jeff
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 6:52am
    Jeff,
Ever wonder why U.S. taxpayers are stuck paying for Groups of security
people like "Blackwater"???  Carlyle and Halliburton"Hire" these guys to
protect them as they wander around the war zone. Bush claims these are
privately funded security forces. BULLSHIT  They are funded by the money
appropriated for the war.
     I wonder how the U.S. foot soldiers feel about these guys making
huge money compared to their salaries. I would like to know!
toad
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 4:19pm
Toad,

Boy, is THAT a hot issue right now! That pay differential has the soldiers PISSED OFF!

AND the fact that any Blackwater employee can mow down a dozen Iraquis with an automatic weapon and NEVER have to answer for it! What the hell is up with that? Any enlisted man or woman who does the same thing - right or wrong - gets punished! Often times they're sent to prison! There's so much that's wrong with this whole situation that it's mind boggling.

Bush, Cheney, and all the crooked players in their administration are solely responsible for having brought this country to one of the lowest and most vulnerable points in modern history. The abuses of power are too many to detail in this, or any forum.

Shame on them both. The blood of every soldier who has died or been maimed in Iraq is on both their hands.

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic