Soulful Planet  Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Soul of Six > The Village > Town Hall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Bush - Corrupt To The Core!" OMG! Impeach?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Bush - Corrupt To The Core!" OMG! Impeach?
    Posted: Jul 03 2007 at 4:32pm

"Bush - Corrupt To The Core!" OMG!
Impeach Bush cries are being heard, loudly!

Listen/see to this... this is getting very serious. Directly accusing George Bush with being "corrupt to the core!"

Congress and most of the USA is on vacation... so Bush picked now to do the dirty deed of pardoning his buddy.
Not smart, George. America is pissed!

... then tonight Keith Olbermann absolutely BLASTED
the corruption of George W. Bush in this Comment...

KEITH OLBERMANN SPECIAL COMMENT *BUSH & CHENEY RESIGN NOW!*
People are beginning to scream Corruption! & Impeach Bush Now!
Wow!

With what we've been seeing with the whole Save Internet Radio thing and major corruption running wild in Washington... none of this surprises me. What does surprise me is that now people are waking up to what is going on and what good people like Keith Olbermann have been screaming about for years now! It's finally blowing up.

Happy Independence Day

Gene_Leone_Mix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2007 at 7:36pm

How ironic...

Back in 2005 this appeared in About.com 's political humor pages:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blfunnypictures2005.htm

Here it is July 4th, 2007...
and it might just come true!
Lets hope!
I am not very fond of corruption.

toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 12:35pm

ShockedAngryShocked

Bare in mind folks, that all that is corrupt
is not limited to just this administration.
There is plenty of corruption that infects
both parties and beyond. It has been that way for years now. When you are dealing
with the most powerful nation on earth,
The quest for leading this country can breed
corruption on a scale that few of us really understand. I believe at THIS TIME there
are very corrupt people, playing very
corrupt games in both parties.

Some questions for you to think about:
Why do both parties usually run people
that are grads of Ivy League schools?
Why is politics infested with lawyers?
Is it possible for common people to be able
to make laws without a law degree?
Ivy league schools have secret societies
that are allowed on campus..WTF is that all about? They wouldn't allow things like that in public schools..now would they!
Should we force term limits? Who votes on term limits? Should we abolish lobbyists?
Do we really need Lobbyists?
Can we now exist as a nation without
engaging in wars to support our military
industrial complex? Why do we need to develop new and fragile fighter aircraft
at 80 million a copy when we could buy fighters from the Russians for half the money? Why are we the policemen of the world? When I was a kid, we were supposed
to hate Communists. Why are we now
pouring money into the biggest Communist country in the world? Who are we supposed to hate this week? How are we supposed to protect ourselves,when most people from
many countries hate us. Will we be able
to travel to other countries without
becoming targets in the future? I have more questions, but will save them for another time.
toad
Down, and nearly out in Detroit......
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 1:13pm
I agree Toad, that anywhere a collective power exists, so exists corruption.

We need to rework the ways in which we invest in POWER.

EMPOWERING THE INDIVIDUAL to be able to take personal responsibility for themselves is a necessary investment.

Controlling people with power is not a necessary investment.

Governments should not be in place to control others... They should be in place to represent and move a population forward.

Progress for a population, which should be considered as A PLANETARY POPULATION, rather than a partial population, should be looked at as creation of better living conditions for all.

WAR is NOT a better living condition.

Governments which move people into war, are not acting in the best interest of our PLANETARY POPULATION !!!

Who needs to change this???   EVERYONE !!!

WAR only seems like an option on a sick planet.

EMPOWER PEOPLE. . . STOP CONTROLLING. . . ZIPPING BANNING DELETING.

SOULFUL PLANET. . . . NOT. . . . WOE-FUL PLANET !!!!!!!

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 3:40am
Toad and Mixey, your comments are right on the money.

Toad is correct; corruption exists in all corners of the government. No use bashing one party or the other; both the Republican AND Democratic parties have had plenty of corrupt party members who abused, lied, and covered-up in various ways. To those who would say, "Our country's forefathers must be turning in their graves!", I would reply that yes, MANY of them would be - but I'd remind them that our initial congresses were also stained by corrupt individuals - men motivated by greed and the opportunity to make themselves powerful and wealthy.

We all know what's wrong. We know how things OUGHT to be. We can even make well informed suggestions for change.

So how do we get from "Point A" - to "Point B" ?... from our current sad state of affairs to a place in time where a functioning, operational government really IS a responsible steward for this country's resources and its people?

I'm afraid the answer is this:  Change human nature.

A little Shakespeare for ya ...

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."

And this cuts right to the chase. Although our government is a bloated, messy, non-functioning quagmire, the government is not the cause - the politicians - (read: people) made it that way. And as long as people can be turned to the dark side - as long as otherwise well-intentioned people can become seduced by promises of wealth, comfort, and power if they play by the rules ... the rest of us stand little chance of seeing this corrupt system where "the fix is in" come toppling down any time soon.

The realities of politics are this: you don't get far beyond local politics unless you are a multi-millionaire. Having gobs of millions seems to be all that's necessary.  Being a lawyer isn't as important as it was a generation ago. Having common sense doesn't seem to matter at all, but never mind ... the prerequisite is having millions and the clout that comes with that money. In other words, the strength to buy enough influence, campaign staff, and media time necessary to craft the "image" that Americans will watch and listen to, and come to accept.

Since all these millionaires currently populating congress have no real motivation to upset their apple cart and undo all the perks and benefits they've so cleverly installed for themselves, I'm not holding my breath for change.

But I think the following ideas would go a long way toward leveling the playing field and removing the "negative" motivations toward corruption for politicians:

1) ABOLISH LOBBYISTS AS WE KNOW IT. MAKE IT A CRIME WITH HARSH PENALTIES TO GIVE MONEY OR GIFTS BEYOND A PALTRY SUM TO ANY POLITICIAN.

2) INSTITUTE REAL SPENDING CAPS ON CAMPAIGNS; I.E., YOU CANNOT SPEND MORE THAN "X" AMOUNT OF TOTAL DOLLARS ON A CAMPAIGN. THIS ELIMINATES THE NEED TO BE A MILLIONAIRE TO BE ELECTED, AND THE MOTIVATION OF OUTSIDERS TO "BUY" POLITICIANS.

OR -

3) EARMARK A LARGE PART OF FEDERAL MONIES TOWARD ANY LEGITIMATE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN, PROVIDED THE CANDIDATE CAN DEMONSTRATE THEY MEET CERTAIN FAIR BENCHMARKS - CITIZENSHIP, AT LEAST A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, AN AMOUNT OF TIME SERVED IN VOLUNTEERISM, ETC. THIS WOULD EMPOWER THE LESS WEALTHY WITH ALL THE TOOLS NEEDED TO PUT  THEIR MESSAGE OUT THERE AS EFFECTIVELY AS ANY WEALTHY INDIVIDUAL.

We have GOT to change the reality that vast sums of money are the only entrance ticket into the Oval Office, the Senate, and the House. Until this happens ... human nature will continue to rule the day, and the poor, the needy, and everyone in between will continue to have no voice, and be ignored.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2007 at 1:28pm

I am sitting here stunned. Overwhelmed. Drained.

The deeper one looks into the depths of the "bush dynasty",
the more it looks exactly like hell.
You simply have to see these videos:

"9/11 Revisited: Were explosives used?"

George's brother "Marvin" was on the Board of Directors involving "Security" at WTC????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Marvin Bush - Director of Securecon - responsible for Security of World Trade Center.) "Deliberately Ignored" - Posted by Elly Clark 2/25/2004
"one of the most astonishingly ignored stories of the past decade."

and...
http://www.911myths.com/html/stratesec.htm - "The Story..."l

The frightening reality of being helplessly trapped as the collapse took place, on a cell phone with NYC 911 Police.

And beyond the Billion$ in Insurance money that was collected... not once but twice... how could any of this ever possibly make sense... in light of the entire horrible events of that day on September 11th...
well... follow the M O N E Y!

"911: In Plane Site - The Directors Cut - Full High Quality Video" - on Google (Watch Here)

Producer:      Dave vonKleist
Director:      William Lewis
Video Described as: "A groundbreaking documentary about 911 which chiefly covers the Pentagon evidence of conspiracy as well as that at the World Trade Center. Brilliantly done with an excellent soundtrack which keeps the video moving along a quick yet well paced and documented pace. Part 1 of 1. The entire Documentary is here, and in a higher quality than is available elsewhere on the Internet. Probably the most watched 911 Documentary done on 911, seen by perhaps as many as 50 MILLION people worldwide. Has shown on National TV stations in over a dozen different countries! Our great nation in is dire danger, so please make sure you post this video on your websites and blogs and help spread the word that 911 was an inside job, and a conspiracy of significant proportions, and we, as Americans need to stand up and fight the terrible lies and injustice of 911 as well as demand those truly responsible be held accountable, arrested, tried and convicted. Our very Freedoms depend on this!"

If even 1/10 of this holds truth... God help us all!

How could anything like this ever be even remotely possible in this country, just How STUPID would we possibly have to be?
Well...

Special Thank You's to http://letsrollforums.com/forums/index.php for some of the leads and sources to some of this info.

Ok, Imagine that this were a court of law, and this were a trial, and You were a Juror, and based upon what has been presented... now what?

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2007 at 12:03am
OMG.
Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2007 at 2:54am
BTW!
Jeff, Toad & MIXEY, OMG! Thank You!
Your comments are dead on the money... each could easily become a separate thread of deep discussion. It's all so overwhelming, isn't it?
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2007 at 8:51am
DisapproveAll this time has gone by from 9/11, and they haven't got
Bin Laden yet????? It didn't take that much time to get Hitler.
Something stinks REAL BAD. Are we THAT WORRIED about pissing off
some Muslims in Pakistan? Oh, thats right...we wouldn't want to piss
off any muslims, now would we....
Funny that most of the hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis, yet we did nothing
to hold them accountable for the terror plot. Are you smelling anything yet?
Brace yourself folks...we will be fighting the war on terror for decades..if not longer. Our cash crop? Guns. Our chief export? Death. It's no wonder
that a large part of the world is viewing us with contempt and hate.
I feel very sorry for our children...They will have to face this bullshit in the future. It has been said that Americans love a good fight.
That we also love to win, and be winners.... Well this is one fight
that has no winners..only losers. Not a good fight, just a tragic fight,
and one we will be involved in for a VERY LONG TIME.
What one might call a sad state of affairs...
LOL,
toad
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2007 at 11:43am
Toad mentioned the one thing that feeds this negative cycle ... the military industrial complex. There's a big culprit, right there. Politics created the avenues to easily amass obscene amounts of money with the sale of our "death" technology ... all that which is designed to fight wars and kill people. The news needs to start pecking away at this topic and throw some light on it. 
Jeff
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2007 at 12:10am
And another thing!...  (lol, starting to rant here...)

Talking about the lovely double standard the Saudis enjoy with the U.S... the most troubling example of this is how The Bush Family's good friends the Bin Ladins - who just happened to be in the U.S. doing business when 911 went down - were all secretly flown back to Saudi Arabia on a private jet just a day or so after 911! Why is it that when all air traffic in the U.S. was grounded for security reasons this flight was allowed to leave? Especially when it was carrying The Bin Ladins - whom the FBI wanted to question regarding 911, but were denied access to?..

(gee, I wonder who stonewalled the FBI ...)

Jeff
toad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2007 at 5:05am
When Japan attacked Pearl Harbor The U.S.
demanded a total surrender from them and took over their goverment. When radical Saudis attacked
the U.S. on 9/11 we pack them up on jets and fly them home? The Saudi governments assets should be
taken from them untill every expense of 9/11 is
covered. If they were made to pay for this terror
act, they may step up security and intel in their own country, and root out terrorists like we are forced
to do. They should concider themselves very lucky
that we didn't declare war on them and take over THEIR country..like we did with Japan.
If the U.S. is forced to go into other countries, and
hunt down terror cells, because the host countries
can't or won't do it themselves, then we should
make these host countries pay for these actions.
I think they would soon find and remove these
terrorists very quickly. If it is all about the money,
then lets make it all about the money! The "War"
on terror is not cheap. Make the host countries
that hide terrorists pay for their lack of intel and
security. They will soon learn the cost of this war.
BassnForGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassnForGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2007 at 2:20pm
Wow, I read all this negative comments about our government and think how bad things must seem to the whole world watching us.  We are a terrible people, we report only the bad things about any body remotely associated any star we have placed on top of our media world.  We show videos of grown men coming over to a house to have sex with a teenager and call it enterntainment.  We start listening to lies, yes I said lies, from people who want to be the President of the United States of America for 18 months, I am so excited about the commericals we will be seeing, if we care to watch.  Corruption is running amuck in our world, not just politics, and what do we do about it?            NOTHING       Here I sit typing a little note to people I call my friends, even though I have only met a few of you, the whole world thinking that I am doing nothing, but they are wrong.  I pray for the world we live in and the people in it.  I pray that I turn from the negatives this world has to offer and strive to make things right.  One person at a time.  The music I listen too is not as popular as all the radio play today, but that is because I have yet to tell enough people.  Gene, my man, you have made some wonderful tunes over the years, and by doing that, you are making my world easier to live in.  Thats how we do it, one person at a time.  Pick you first convert and go to it.
Toad, I owe you a lot.  Man, all those emails about bass building and about life with my bride's MS have changed the way I live.  You converted me over to a new way and brought me into this musical village.  Thanks man,  I love you for it, heck, I just love you.  Mixey, your writing makes me want to be a better writer and understand more of the things around me.  Babbitt, just listening to your work -- it is truly inspirational to me.  You make me feel as though I could do anything with my music if I would just try.  I could go on all night and day like this.  Look for the good, grab it, groom it, water it and watch the world grow better.
Listen, #43 may not be the best president we have ever had, but I tend to believe that he is really trying to do the right thing as he sees it.  Just the same way Bill Clinton tried to make the world better, but he too had faults, heck we all have faults.  Now for me to say something nice about Bill Clinton is a major change in thinking.  I see how much promise he had and what little he did with it, but I know in his heart he tried to do the right thing. 
One more fact and I will yield the floor, 11 million Mexicans can not all be wrong, America is great.

Lets all make it better, pray to the Good Lord Above to help you make a change, leave it better than you found it.

Thanks and God Bless
Robert
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2007 at 1:27am
My viewpoint is the following:

The current President is a hired employee of mine.

If he's involved in something illegal, I want to know about it.

If he's involved in something illegal, I want to talk about it.

If he's involved in something illegal, I would be negative to support it.

If he's involved in something illegal, I would like to hire someone else, who might do a better job.

If he's involved in something illegal, I would like the rest of the world to know that I have enough integrity to own up to it as a mistake that requires immediate attention.

Mixey

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2007 at 3:18pm
Ouch. Uh ... well, Mixey .....

Unless you yourself voted for Dubya ... he AIN'T your employee. He didn't win the popular vote! He wasn't elected! So ... HE DON'T WORK FOR YOU! (The Supreme Court elected him. Remember?... )

Dubya works for The Carlyle Group. Look it up. He answers to those guys. Usually.

Dubya don't work for you. Aincha noticed?...  'An he don't care 'bout you neither, best I can tell.

('An he sure ain't worryin' 'bout your demands - considerin' that he ignores the demands of all the congressional subcommittees!)

(Damn, it's good ta be President ... what's fer lunch?...)

lol

Jeff
M I X E Y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M I X E Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2007 at 5:12pm
Jeff. . . I was responding to Robert's post about being negative. I feel it's responsible to ask questions about the legalities of what is going on. That's not negative.

I didn't vote for GWB, but if he's in office as my President, then he's supposed to be working on behalf of me. My feelings are not based on misunderstanding. I know about The Carlyle Group, etc. I still feel personally let down, even though I didn't vote for him.

Regardless of whether there is a Democrat or Republican President, there shouldn't be illegal dealings. If there are, then I want to know about them.

Mixey
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2007 at 11:02pm
Mixey,

The President absolutely IS supposed to work for us.

Our representatives ARE supposed to represent us - to relay our collective will to the congress and stand up for that collective viewpoint.

And it's a bad habit of mine to lapse into sarcasm, as I did above when I see none of this happening. I have to watch that. It's born of frustration.

The politicians understand that people are complacent ... distracted ... we have short attention spans and whatever bad business pops into our collective conciousness today will most likely be gone in a week. Many people have become desensitized to all the lies, corruption, and disappointment.

I also want to know about any illegal dealings of our elected officials. I'm also pretty sure I couldn't afford to sit still long enough to listen to the litany of wrongdoings that have been piling up over the last several years.
Want to place some blame? I blame the the media - who right or wrong were bullied into submission by the Bush Administration and it's well organized Republican activist agenda - which had everything to do with centralizing power and shutting out the media. The investigative journalists who were all over the Nixon and Clinton administrations ... funny how they've all all lost their voices over the last seven years ...

Certain media outlets were actually concerned about getting their FCC license renewals ... it became very dicey business to anger, criticize, or poke too deeply into the dealings of administration officials and insiders ... and so the media rolled over and played dead while these guys did what they did. I'm afraid that none of us are going to be able to crack open the lid on these wrongdoings in time to bring it to bear on those responsible. They'll largely get away with it. Hell, They've BEEN getting away with it. And it pisses me off.

Jeff
dream207 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dream207 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2007 at 10:16am
Bill Clinton was re-elected by 38% of the popular vote.  That means 62% of the people who voted in that election voted for someone else.  He won by less than that his first term.   Many presidents don't win the popular vote.  They get in office by winning electoral votes.

That's a whole nuther subject.  LOL!!  How do you all feel about the electoral college????  Is it fair???  Would you like to see presidents elected by popular vote only???  If you eliminate the electoral college, how would you set it up???  Would the candidate have to win a simple majority vote or 50% or more???  Would you have run off elections, etc., etc.???
http://cdbaby.com/cd/eugenepitt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene_Leone_Mix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2007 at 6:54pm
Dream,

"They get in office by winning electoral votes.... That's a whole nuther subject..."

Yup, You are not kidding!!!

This system is, was, and never will be clear in MY head. *lol*

I'm sure it must have been set up to prevent the "mob mentality" popular vote... but nowadays, I think the big question on action news becomes... whose "mob" is really running the show today?

Amazing how priorities and things change over the years. It would be refreshing and wonderful to actually be able to vote in a talented, honest individual who is NOT just another career politician millionaire (and often a career politician criminal?).

Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2007 at 1:17am
If I recall anything from school "daze" ... which is none to certain ... lol ...

... the explaination of the electoral college that I seem to remember is that this institution was created by the founding fathers because there was a collective belief that the common man could not possibly grasp the many complex issues of government and business well enough to make an informed choice about a candidate, OR those issues. The common man's direct vote could not be trusted to be relevant

The founding fathers felt it was necessary to have an "interpreter" ... a "go-between" ... who would essentially make the choice for the individuals, after the individuals had expressed their views about a candidate in a preliminary voting procedure. After the common man had weighed in, the electoral college would then - supposedly - cast a vote that was representative of the peoples' wishes.

I don't know if this is accurate. But I do feel that there have been far too many roadblocks and firewalls created that diminish our inherent right - our control - to vote for and select the candidates of our choosing, and to have our bidding done.

There's something very wrong about this.

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic